General Feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
210 replies to this topic

Ph3lan #1 Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:52 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 16568 battles

Please leave any general feedback on update 9.15.1 in this thread.

If you have feedback to give regarding one of the following topics, please do it in the corresponding thread.

ionicafardefric #2 Posted 27 July 2016 - 08:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 44487 battles
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN
I hope the new coding interferes with mods in a big way. The way it is until now, half the playerbase is cheating and creating a terrible experience for everyone else

MMMAHDAVI #3 Posted 27 July 2016 - 08:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 909 battles

I updated game today but when i want to open that the game say critical error.

I try again to open the game but now the game want to download all of the hd data!!What should i do?

I have all of the files but now the luncher want to download it again!!why???:amazed:

MMMAHDAVI #4 Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:01 AM

Private

• Player
  • 909 battles
I forgot something.world of war planes and world of tanks both can't connect to server.:mellow:

__apofis__ #5 Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:16 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13043 battles
  • [_AKD_] _AKD_

Hi,

first of all thx for the latest release.

Im wondering about one thing. Why actually have you moved to ActionScript 3 ?

As far as Im aware of this is almsot a dead language.

https://en.wikipedia...ki/ActionScript

Last stable release was 10yrs ago. Or you are going to use some variation of it ?

--

Regards,

Robert

LittleLILI #6 Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47553 battles

View Postionicafardefric, on 27 July 2016 - 08:54 AM, said:

I hope the new coding interferes with mods in a big way. The way it is until now, half the playerbase is cheating and creating a terrible experience for everyone else

Well, no, half the player base is not cheating ! But if it is the case for 1%, it would be enough for spoiling a game.

Actually, their are too many players - often rather new to the game or very young - than say in-game :

- "you kill me , cheater!"

- "nice autoaim cheat ..."

- "nice hack, cheater" ...

etc...

It is very new as I just see this trend emerging almost each and every game for the last year or so.

The problem is : most of what they say is totally wrong. I am sure you have been called "cheater" "hacker" "illegal autoaim user" (not the built-in version of course), and you used nothing else but the regular game mechanics !

This was happening before, with TDs. at the time TDS were not loosing camo when firing, and were "invisible" if correctly positioned... "cheater !!!"

But it is like a poison, a false rumour, a hoax : by repeating it, weak players (I talk about their mind) think it is true, and they spread the rumour and the suspicion on all ...

I would love an "iron mode", with a genuine file hash check at start of battles, for ensuring that no in-battle mods are used ...

MMMAHDAVI #7 Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:22 AM

Private

• Player
  • 909 battles

Hey my critical error solved.but the game want download all data.the games folder space is something around 38gig.(hd client)And luncher is downloading 10 gig!!!someone help me.I didn't understand what you say apofis.sorry

Steiner011 #8 Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33408 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB

View PostMMMAHDAVI, on 27 July 2016 - 08:22 AM, said:

Hey my critical error solved.but the game want download all data.the games folder space is something around 38gig.(hd client)And luncher is downloading 10 gig!!!someone help me.I didn't understand what you say apofis.sorry

Can you spam some more?

Homer_J #9 Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:30 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24703 battles

View PostMMMAHDAVI, on 27 July 2016 - 08:22 AM, said:

Sounds like you had a corrupted game.  Did you install any mods which were not put in the res_mods folder?

It could be quicker to delete the game and do a fresh install.

MMMAHDAVI #10 Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:31 AM

Private

• Player
  • 909 battles
The game has all of needed file for hd client but luncher is downloading files again.

StronkiTonki #11 Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 27591 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

It says "SU-101M"

It should be either "SU-101" or "SU-100M1" I think. :)

_Crusad3r_ #12 Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24607 battles
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X

View PostMMMAHDAVI, on 27 July 2016 - 08:37 AM, said:

What is your mean?I updated the game and opened it but the game didn'd connected to server.I closed it and open it again and now game want to download files.

Edited By Moderator

Edited by LordAxalon, 15 August 2016 - 07:08 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.

ionicafardefric #13 Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:21 AM

Private

• Player
  • 44487 battles
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN

View PostLittleLILI, on 27 July 2016 - 08:20 AM, said:

Well, no, half the player base is not cheating ! But if it is the case for 1%, it would be enough for spoiling a game.

Actually, their are too many players - often rather new to the game or very young - than say in-game :

etc...

It is very new as I just see this trend emerging almost each and every game for the last year or so.

The problem is : most of what they say is totally wrong. I am sure you have been called "cheater" "hacker" "illegal autoaim user" (not the built-in version of course), and you used nothing else but the regular game mechanics !

This was happening before, with TDs. at the time TDS were not loosing camo when firing, and were "invisible" if correctly positioned... "cheater !!!"

But it is like a poison, a false rumour, a hoax : by repeating it, weak players (I talk about their mind) think it is true, and they spread the rumour and the suspicion on all ...

I would love an "iron mode", with a genuine file hash check at start of battles, for ensuring that no in-battle mods are used ...

Buddy I've left a clan an year ago because illegal mods were distributed on ts and everyone was using it. I mean EVERYONE. Once a new patch hit, the only discussion you would hear on chat would be "latest warpack" "tundra mod" and craplike that, for days. I made countless reports on that, with obvious evidence and no measures were taken. Don't try to sell me that bull. Today, we are at a point when you feel grateful when you get hit and not loose your ammo rack .Mods either need fixing or disabling all together.

Edited by ionicafardefric, 27 July 2016 - 10:29 AM.

Balc0ra #14 Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:24 AM

General

• Player
  • 54952 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
I was happy to see the 183 getting an HD model. Until I opened the game now... man that's ugly.

Tac_p0liticallyCorrect #15 Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:25 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40020 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Remove the team mate death noise please. It is utterly awful.

LepiSale #16 Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:39 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 39603 battles
Can't report players during the game any more.

Xenius_Master #17 Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:50 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9186 battles
  • [SPBAT] SPBAT

View PostLittleLILI, on 27 July 2016 - 08:20 AM, said:

etc...

do you ever played CW? or some kind of tournament made by WG, near every body use the aimbot or the brakemod, even the shadows mod. Making the average player get angry about that. I wish that they implement the esl wire anti cheat some day to the game so players that use ilegal mod will be ban for 2 years as in ESL

ybsone #18 Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:03 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18780 battles

HD Models

Update 9.15.1 upgrades an additional 24 vehicles to HD quality and fixes the models of 4 tanks that have been visually upgraded in the past:

• USSR: SU-101M
  • France: AMX 13 57

Change to:

• USSR: SU-100M1
  • France: AMX 13 75

jagdcommander #19 Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36520 battles

View PostLittleLILI, on 27 July 2016 - 09:20 AM, said:

etc...

Take the cheat comments as a compliment. Especially right now, it's school holidays so the kiddies are out in force!

I'd completely support any mod-free version of the game. If players are that desperate to gain an advantage over others they should learn more about the mechanics and practice more just like any other game or sport (no I'm not yet classifying computer games as a sport, just saying).

Gepard_PH #20 Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:41 AM

WoT PC Product Coordinator

• WG Staff
  • 18558 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Post__apofis__, on 27 July 2016 - 09:16 AM, said:

Hi,

first of all thx for the latest release.

Im wondering about one thing. Why actually have you moved to ActionScript 3 ?

As far as Im aware of this is almsot a dead language.

https://en.wikipedia...ki/ActionScript

Last stable release was 10yrs ago. Or you are going to use some variation of it ?

--

Regards,

Robert

ActionScript is the scripting language for Flash, which is used in Battle UI. AS has been used in WoT for a long time, moving to 3.0 is an important step forward.

Having the last a stable release 10 years ago means literally nothing. For example, HTML4 was in use from 1997 to 2014 (when HTML5 was recommended by W3C), and you can't say this language is "dead" even though the same version of it was in use for almost 20 years!

Also tagged with 9.15.1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users