Update regarding Armageddon campaign complaint to ECCN Cyprus

Armageddon wargaming complaint ECCN community Campaign update formal complaint European Consumer Centre Cyprus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Nifel #1 Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 43216 battles

Does anybody remember the Armageddon campaign late spring, early summer 2015? How Wargaming messed up prizes by stating one rule clarification in the forum, but doing it completely differently when delivering the awards? And that 400-ish players lost out affecting 20-30-ish clans missing out and many choosing to spend clan gold for up to 15 clan members' missing IS-5 prize? 

Well,  Wargaming finally has answered the Cyprus department of The European Consumer Centre Network (ESSN). It took them a year.

This is what they said:

I've edited out my full name and replaced it with my game name, and blanked out the ECCN employee name. Basically Wargaming sticks to their standard procedure, denying that anything wrong happened. Check out the very end. Wargaming states that my clan, at the time 99P, ended at place 867th and was not awarded a single license. I am speechless.

Quote:

"Dear Ms. <greek name>,

Regarding Mr. Nifel's case:

official tournament rules of “Armageddon” contest, published on the portal, stipulated: “The main prize in “Armageddon” will be 4,500 IS-5 (Object 730), Soviet Tier VIII Premium heavy tanks, which will be distributed to the best players from the best clans in accordance to the event results. Also, we want to help more players become the owners of this tank and anticipate great interest in the vehicle, we will provide the opportunity to the event participants to purchase a total of 6,500 IS-5 tanks with in-game gold. Thus the total number of tank owners will be increased from 4,500 to 11,000”.

This is the link: http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/cw/clan-wars-event-armageddon-2015/

More detailed information on the prizes was published here: http://worldoftanks.eu/en/content/docs/Clan-Wars-Armageddon/Armageddon-Awards-and-Medals/

As you see, free premium tanks shall be awarded to players who scored the highest number of Personal Fame points and were in the top 11,000 players by Fame points. Other 6,500 players who were in the top 11,000 players by the number of personal Fame point – but not among the players eligible for a free tank (first 135 clan positions) – will be able to buy the premium tank IS-5 for 12 000 gold until July 15, 2015 inclusive.

Unfortunately, clan of Mr. Nifel was ranked #867 and was not qualified or(sic!) any free tanks (as per the rules, only first 135 clans were qualified accordingly). But as Mr. Nifel was personally ranked #5,352 (he was included into top 11,000 players), he was offered to purchase the tank for in-game gold. So, the tournament rules were observed.""

Unquote.

Nifel #2 Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 43216 battles

What is the next step, you think?

I've asked ECCN Norway ask ECCN Cyprus to take it to the tribunal. I do not know all the details of how this works in Cyprus and await feedback from my Norway ECCN representative, who now is on holiday for 3 weeks.

Do Wargaming have the guts to face the tribunal? If they did nothing wrong, which Wargaming continuously have said they did, they have nothing to fear.

Edited by Nifel, 22 July 2016 - 02:14 PM.

RaeudigerRonny #3 Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:44 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26100 battles
Dude, nobody cares...

Nifel #4 Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 43216 battles

View PostDomstadtkerl, on 23 July 2016 - 08:44 PM, said:

Dude, nobody cares...

You do not care. Fair enough. You cared enough to leave behind a message. Anyway, I do not care about you not caring. Have a nice day!

However, I know of several other people caring, mostly from clans that spent hundreds of thousands gold because if this incident. Or the people who spent 12.5k gold themselves to get the prize they won, but didn't get. 

And if you had looked closely before you posted your message, you could see DosMetros proving your statement wrong.

chakmarin #5 Posted 29 August 2016 - 12:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28019 battles

Wait, they explained everything. You were in low level clan. That's all.

Cheers good tanker

PinkyDK #6 Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 42608 battles
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X

I thought those rules were pretty clear? The only really shitty thing was the amount of gold required and the fact you didn't get any real prizes for being top 11k even though WG made a fortune. An amount of consumables, personal tokens or equipment would have made a huge difference for many... So how did you lose out?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users