[0.9.22.0] Pansy's Sherman Firefly with "Camouflaged" Barrel (+Bronze Green version!...

Pansy

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Desyatnik_Pansy #1 Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:26 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Hi again! Much like my previous thread (which I'll probably link a bit below, or at the bottom of the thread, see how I feel while I write this up), the first thing I'll do is get a few things out of the way (pretty much all of which is repeated in the README In the mod) and please, read the full thread before downloading;

-this is the FIRST time I've done a skin. I have only just got into it and probably won't even delve too deeply, so if there are any flaws, please tell me about them! The most notable will probably be with the Bronze Green version of the Firefly, as though I have tried to make sure items such as shovels on the tank or the canvas retained their original colours, I may have missed a bit or two. If I have, try to take a screenshot of it so I know what to look for! Saying that, I'm only really trying to match the most obvious stuff, such as, well, the shovels and such. Not everything.
-the Bronze Green version of the Firefly is part of a larger thing that, at the moment, I'm still working on. Of course, having changed the base colour of the tank, the camouflages may appear different and especially if you have for example downloaded my Camouflage pack mod, some of them may look significantly different. Here is a video courtesy of a member of my former clan, Strappster, showing the different camos used on the Bronze Green version of the Firefly. I'll post the video a second time lower down in the thread.

Oh, and the White Barrel paint only affects the two 17pdr guns; the QQF 17-pdr Gun Mk. IV SH-SH and the QQF 17-pdr Gun Mk. VII. Additionally, Marks of Excellence will somewhat affect the appearance of the white paint. Nothing I can really do about that but suggest turning off MoEs if they're bugging you.

With that done, just a final note which is more in reference to the first one above. If you're interested in more skins that are likely much more professional than mine, I highly recommend these modmakers;

Sgt_Krollnikow51 - See his thread here; http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/313731-sgt-krollnikows-tank-factory/
Posh_And_Becks - See his thread here; http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/575636-poshs-skins/

Anthoniusii - See his thread here; http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/465195-anthoniusiis-09141-skins-index-in-1st-postt26e4-super-pershing-3rd-armored-division-germany-1945-in-post-64/

FastestClassic (NA Forums) - See his thread here; http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/505250-09152-classics-skin-workshop-updated-japanese-brown-color-swap-pack-sept-15th/

KiloRock (RU Forums) - See his thread here (pardon what happens to the cyrillic text, the link should still work fine); http://forum.worldoftanks.ru/index.php?/topic/1801715-%D1%88%D0%BA%D1%83%D1%80%D0%BA%D0%B8-%D0%B8-%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B8/

Milkym4n - See his thread here; http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/634825-milkys-modshop-the-2nd-or-maybe-even-3rd-try-like-i-care/

Kubana - See his thread here; http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/575132-kubana-skins/

Fett713 - See his thread here; http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/508071-fetts-reskin-motor-pool/

TheFalkonett - See his thread here; http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/606339-thefalkonetts-random-acts-of-stowage/

Right, having done that, let's get to the mod itself. First off, the previews, but even before that. This mod includes three items;

-a skin for the Firefly that adds the "camouflaged" barrel to both 17pdrs for the Firefly. The "camouflaged" barrel is loosely based off of this, which I believe was applied to the barrel to try to make it harder for German tanks to identify the Firefly as they were a higher  value target than the regular Shermans. There are two versions of this; one that only adds the white barrel, and a second which changes the original colour of the Firefly to, loosely, the British Bronze Green colour.

-icons for the Bronze Green version. These are entirely optional for using with the Bronze Green version of the Firefly. Oh, and to note, they do not actually include the white barrel on the icon. Sorry about that!

Ok, ok, the previews. Here you go. :P

As was already posted above, the Bronze Green version of the Firefly affects the camouflages slightly. Courtesy of my former clanmate Strappster, here's a video showing how they make look slightly different. If you have changed any camouflages using my camouflage mod (linked here), they may be changed even more drastically.

Anyway, I think that's that. If not, too much. I'm sure everyone viewing this just wants the download now, so here it is. Ok, a quick delay first: DO NOT UNZIP THIS INTO YOUR WORLDOFTANKS FOLDER. Unzip it into downloads, or your documents, or wherever you find best. Just do not unzip it to WorldOfTanks. There's instructions both in the pack and below, I'd suggest reading those first! I'm putting a bit of trust into everyone here to read those, so here's the link. Just make sure you read the instructions. :honoring:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SsL-Y48TCAIa7kZRXlpqFCbOVBBTAFgz

Depending on what you'd like (the icons are optional if you're using the Bronze Green Firefly), just open the WinRAR File and then open the folder inside (which should just be the same name as the file, as another reminder as to which one you're viewing in case you've accidentally opened the wrong one).

Inside each folder there should simply be a folder called "res_mods" (which, inside that is 0.9.15.0.1, so on and so forth. If the patch number changes, and I'm saying this without properly knowing so don't 100% Quote me on it, so long as the Firefly itself hasn't been touched it's probably safe to just rename this folder to the next patch number i.e 0.9.15.2 or whatever) which you merely have to extract to your World of Tanks folder, as shown below.

Spoiler

I hope I've explained that in a good enough way. If there's any issues, please notify me either with a post here or through PMs. Additionally, this is only part of a larger mod I'm working on. Look forward to that, whenever I finish. :popcorn:

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 10 February 2018 - 08:00 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #2 Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:14 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Still seems to work with 9.15.1. Like with the camopack, if there are any problems, please let me know. :honoring:

Desyatnik_Pansy #3 Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:22 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Updated version to make the tracks on the hull "less green" added to the OP, in line with an upcoming update for my full Bronze Green British tanks pack. Per the usual, if there are any problems please let me know!

EDIT: Updating it a second time just to rename the folders in it to 0.9.15.1 Since I forgot to switch them since the patch. Sorry for that!

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 09 August 2016 - 01:43 AM.

Hustodemon #4 Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7075 battles
  • [CSK] CSK
now this is awesome :3

Desyatnik_Pansy #5 Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:13 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
With the micropatch today, it looks like the mod works fine. All you have to do is move it into the new 9.15.1.1 Folder, or rename your existing folder to that. If there's any problems beyond that please let me know.

Desyatnik_Pansy #6 Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:54 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

I haven't done much with this for awhile so what I'm trying to do right now is make the camouflaged barrel much better looking. This is a test with what, 4k or whatever it's called? The texture file is 4096x4096, though I have no idea if that'll cause any problems in which case I might make a smaller version at 2048x2048 to be safe. Nonetheless, here's the unfinished version, since it'll take awhile for me to get around to and then perfect.

Spoiler

To compare, this is the current version (note the blurryness on the edges, which is what I want to fix);

Spoiler

Desyatnik_Pansy #7 Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:25 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Higher resolution (right term?) barrel paint is finished. The download will be up shortly for that, just gotta redo the preview shots, so here's some screenshots of what it looks like now.

Original
New (4096x4096)

Oh, and don't worry, I didn't forget to update it for the original Beige colour either if you prefer that. :honoring:

Spoiler

Desyatnik_Pansy #8 Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:37 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Download in the OP Updated, and here's another just in case.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sykzct6n4fi2fs7/Sherman+Firefly+%28White+17pdr+Barrel%29+v1.2.rar

Due to the increase of the guns texture from 512x512 to 4096x4096, expect the download to probably be a lil' bit bigger, but it shouldn't be much of a problem in-game. If it is, please inform me, because this is my first time trying something like this and I have NO idea how it'll affect performance. Additionally, the usual, any problems otherwise please notify me. Otherwise, enjoy!

Desyatnik_Pansy #9 Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:02 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Just copy-pasting from the Camouflage pack thread; I haven't downloaded the update yet and won't for awhile so I can't test if this works but it should be possible to just rename the folder to 0.9.15.2 and it should be fine. If that doesn't work with regards to this mod please inform me.

Desyatnik_Pansy #10 Posted 15 September 2016 - 11:08 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 15 September 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

Just copy-pasting from the Camouflage pack thread; I haven't downloaded the update yet and won't for awhile so I can't test if this works but it should be possible to just rename the folder to 0.9.15.2 and it should be fine. If that doesn't work with regards to this mod please inform me.

Copypasta from the Camouflage pack thread; I don't like bumping my threads twice a day but I just want to confirm that they indeed do appear to have no issues in 0.9.15.2, atleast on my end. If it doesn't work for you please mention.

Desyatnik_Pansy #11 Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:45 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Updated to 9.16 and changed the appearance of the barrel paint. The default versions are now 4k and use the HD Textures from the HD Client. If this causes problems there are 2k versions available, and if that still causes problems, please inform me. You can download the update in the OP Or here;

http://www.mediafire.com/file/17h4an3xaclkibn/Sherman+Firefly+%28White+17pdr+Barrel%29+v1.3.rar

Desyatnik_Pansy #12 Posted 04 November 2016 - 01:26 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Sherman Firefly with Camouflaged Barrel updated (I'll be updating the preview screenshots either later tonight, if I get the chance, or tomorrow). To quote the Update Log;

v1.4 Update:

-updated Bronze Green Firefly to match the new, updated version in the full Bronze Green pack. Additionally, improved the appearance of the camouflaged barrel for both the Bronze Green and Original Beige versions.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2sarl3g9srz3ehd/Sherman+Firefly+%28White+17pdr+Barrel%29+v1.4.rar

You can download from the link above, or the updated link in the OP. As always, if there are any issues, please inform me. Otherwise, I plan to perhaps further experiment with this by making it so the camouflage does not overlap the painted barrel, though I'll see how that goes since I use Paint.NET and well, I haven't a clue how to do that at the moment. :teethhappy:

EDIT: Preview images for the Firefly with Camouflaged Barrel now updated.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 04 November 2016 - 02:52 AM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #13 Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:43 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

I'm going to do a little more touching up before I add this to the mod (and I apologise for updating it again so suddenly) but courtesy of Starfkr who edited KiloRock's old (?) script for his own Firefly mod, the Marks of Excellence have been moved to a "better" position, no longer colliding with the painted barrel itself, see below;

Before
After

Like I said, I'll probably do a lil' bit more work as I don't feel it's perfect just yet and you'll especially note that the British icon is missing at the moment, but yeah, anyone interested?

EDIT: Done. I'll be probably updating this later if I get the chance.

Spoiler

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 05 November 2016 - 10:27 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #14 Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:52 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Sherman Firefly with Camouflaged Barrel updated again, with an Optional Marks of Excellence Reposition so that they no longer overlap the painted barrel. Really no point posting the Update Log quote since it literally just says exactly that, so here's just the preview and the new download link.

Preivew

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h3a61obwb1vc06d/Sherman+Firefly+%28White+17pdr+Barrel%29+v1.5.rar

If there are any issues please tell me. I owe credit to KiloRock (RU) and starfkr for this update.

EDIT: I'm ashamed to admit but I've only just noticed that the version folder inside of the Bronze Green icons zip is still named 0.9.15.1.1. For most this shouldn't be an issue as they knowingly just rename it to 0.9.16, but I still feel bad for not fixing that. I'll fix it later tonight when I get the chance, again, sorry!

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 06 November 2016 - 12:07 AM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #15 Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:17 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Updated to 0.9.17.0. The download in the OP Has been changed, or you can download it from the link below;

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5k7mr7gex5yywee/%5B0.9.17.0%5D+Sherman+Firefly+%28White+17pdr+Barrel%29+v1.6.rar

Desyatnik_Pansy #16 Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:55 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
With the 1.7 Update (a la, 9.17.1 Update basically), camouflage applied to the vehicle now no longer overlaps the barrel paint and also applies to the Chassis model. The Bronze Green skin for the Firefly has also been revamped somewhat. Other than that, enjoy, and inform me of any issues. :P

Major421 #17 Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6176 battles

Nice work !

I just make the grind for take the firefly so your skin is welcome ! :teethhappy:

Desyatnik_Pansy #18 Posted 29 April 2017 - 11:38 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

So with the 9.18.0 Update, I've modified the Chassis camouflage a bit. Thanks to Strappster, I have a preview available, showing that the camouflage to darker and more "damaged/faded". If you preview the original, well, feel free to say. 

Original
New version

Also tagged with Pansy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users