Wargaming's "Security"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

GSedykh #1 Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5677 battles
I'm actually fed up with Wargaming. I need to change my password but it is linked to a phone number I had like 5 years ago and don't have anymore. To change your phone number, you need a recent purchase and some documents about this number. I have no documents to the phone number currently that I can find. Therefore, Wargaming is trying to be secure with accounts but actually, they are doing the opposite because the person who currently has my phone number can find my password and have control of my account. Futhermore, Wargaming has no e-mail or phone number to contact them personally. I need this fixed.

Homer_J #2 Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28291 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

So you attached a phone number to your account then changed your phone number, didn't do anything about it at the time and that's somehow Wargaming's fault?

If you want to contact WG then go here.

GSedykh #3 Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5677 battles
Umm.. I stopped playing WoT when I changed my number. At first, it wasn't WG's fault, it was mine for forgetting. But in order to change it, I need to have access to that number. I don't. So they were like OK, send us the last bill of the phone number. I can't find it. Again, that's my fault. So instead of helping me fix this problem, they refuse to do anything and THEY are now putting my account at risk because I don't know my password.

Homer_J #4 Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28291 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGSedykh, on 27 July 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

Umm.. I stopped playing WoT when I changed my number. At first, it wasn't WG's fault, it was mine for forgetting. But in order to change it, I need to have access to that number. I don't. So they were like OK, send us the last bill of the phone number. I can't find it. Again, that's my fault. So instead of helping me fix this problem, they refuse to do anything and THEY are now putting my account at risk because I don't know my password.

So, lets say you aren't the owner of this account and are trying to change the password so the legit owner can't use it any more.  Lets see how that would pan out.  Well to start with you wouldn't have access to that phone number and then you wouldn't be able to prove you ever had access to that phone number.  So it would look exactly like it does now.

You should be able to get it sorted by proving you own the WoT account if you have any evidence of payments made to WG in relation to the account.

BTW, the password will be the same as you used to log in to the forum and support site.

GSedykh #5 Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5677 battles
I use Google to log in to the site. Can Wargaming not check my premium tanks and amount of Gold I've bought from them. I don't understand. Is it really that hard to let me change my phone number?

Homer_J #6 Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28291 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGSedykh, on 27 July 2016 - 04:43 PM, said:

I use Google to log in to the site.

https://support.goog...esktop&hl=en-GB

I don't understand. Is it really that hard to let me change my phone number?

Let me try putting this another way.  What if I contact WG and ask to change your password and phone number?  Would you be happy if they let me?

At the moment you have done nothing to prove it is your account.  It is up to you to provide the proof.

GSedykh #7 Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5677 battles
By Google, I mean using my google account which is linked. Also, I have made another ticket for support because I can see that you can't help at all....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users