[0.9.17.0] Pansy's Bronze Green British Tanks Pack v1.4

Pansy

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Anthoniusii #21 Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23929 battles

You need few things to complete your skins.

1st: You need to fix the color to more blure and "dusty".

2nd: You need to add scratches and damages (already exist in the original skins).

3rd: Gather all your skins in ONE page with index in the 1st post to make users easy to find your skins,

Take a look in my old thread.

Take a good look in the skins with the dust and damages.

Also take a look in other skinners threads to get ideas.

Continue your efforts.

:great:

EDIT:

A tiny example:

Edited by Anthoniusii, 16 September 2016 - 12:29 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #22 Posted 16 September 2016 - 04:52 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11406 battles

View PostAnthoniusii, on 16 September 2016 - 12:26 PM, said:

I don't mean to come off as rude at all and I apologise if I do, but just my two cents;

1st: You need to fix the color to more blure and "dusty".

2nd: You need to add scratches and damages (already exist in the original skins).

Take a good look in the skins with the dust and damages.

Also take a look in other skinners threads to get ideas.

EDIT:

A tiny example:

Spoiler

On the first part, I'm personally rather happy with the colour I have. I did at some point, though I can't seem to find the screenshots, test a lighter version which somewhat resembles the Forest Green colour in your thread that you linked but never went more with it. While I think a lighter version would be cool to an extent, I don't see myself going through every tank again to replace it with that colour.

Onto the second part and also the "dusty" part from the first point; I personally don't wager myself skilled enough to do that, really as simple as that. Not even to mention that I wouldn't even know where to begin. Add to that again that I personally am fine with it as it is. I have no issues with someone else wishing to modify my skins to add damage, scratches, dust and whatever (though if someone were to directly just edit my stuff I'd atleast like to be mentioned).

As was also mentioned the original models have some scratches and whatnot, which is true. That said, I have no idea how I would really retain them given what I did (the amateur approach probably) to get the colour that I have;

Spoiler

In short, I'm happy with how it is and don't see myself going through everything to add something that I personally don't wager myself skilled enough to do, even looking at examples such as your Centurion skin shown above. That's partly why I namely suggest skinmakers in the OP (namely Posh_and_Becks, who's Cromwell and Churchill skins are definitely two of my favourites) and within the pack's README who are obviously much more skilled than myself.

I fully support it however if anyone wants to edit the skins themselves and add those effects if they'd prefer.

3rd: Gather all your skins in ONE page with index in the 1st post to make users easy to find your skins,

Take a look in my old thread.

This part confuses me for simply one reason. Being that the download in the OP Is a "pack", everything is already included. There's no separate downloads for the stuff unless someone wants a standalone Firefly with the painted barrel which is the only thing separate (and is even in the pack anyway). So wouldn't it just be something like this?

Index

-every British tank with a new colour except for the Cromwell Berlin, Chieftain Mk. 6 and T95/Chieftain (because those are the only tanks I haven't modified, two of which should be obvious as to why)

-alternate skins for the Firefly and Tortoise to give the two 17pdr guns (Firefly) and the 32pdr gun (Tortoise) a white, painted barrel. Additionally, an alternate version for the Centurion Action X To retain the original colours of the thermal sleeve on the gun and the camo-net on the rear of the turret.

-alternate, historically-inspired skins for the Firefly and Comet.

So uhm.. yeah? Sorry again if I come off as rude. :honoring:

Anthoniusii #23 Posted 17 September 2016 - 04:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23929 battles

No you are not rude.

We use the same color for our British tanks. Also US tanks used in europe a similar color as well.

If you use Photoshop then use the magic wand to select scratches and dirt that already exist in WG skins.

Use them as upper layer above your skin.

You will nottice that the skin takes a rather "lighter" view.

Posh started just like you did.

But after few humble advices and mainly his personal efforts , created some realy good skins as well.

Take his example of how a skined tank looks with scratches and dirt :

Also compare your finall skin color with mine with scratches and dirt addition and see how diferent they look.

Tanks are fighting vehicles not museum exebitions.

But in the end its all about personal taste!

Continue your work!!:great:

Desyatnik_Pansy #24 Posted 17 September 2016 - 04:42 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11406 battles

View PostAnthoniusii, on 17 September 2016 - 04:25 PM, said:

If you use Photoshop then use the magic wand to select scratches and dirt that already exist in WG skins.

I'm going to stop you right there, though I did read the entire post so as not to be a ****. I don't have Photoshop, and the chances of me getting it "in recent times" is probably hellishly low. :teethhappy:

Damn shame too, because if I did and found the time I would make an alternate version of the pack to utilise the dirty and worn effect (while keeping the other version; the current one; available too if anyone prefers it). 

TK1992 #25 Posted 17 September 2016 - 09:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19001 battles
  • [BAD69] BAD69

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 16 September 2016 - 12:55 AM, said:

I'm really tooting my horn tonight with a third post in this thread in one day. Anyway, this is an additional alternate skin to use for the Comet coming with the 9.16 v1.2 update. I'll need to redownload Aslain's for the Hangar Freecam for some better shots for the previews but for now, this'll do;

Spoiler

If there's any tanks you'd actually like to see some alternate versions of don't be shy to mention, though I'm not going out of my way to do everything and whatnot. Especially considering the texture files for the turret and hull are 4k to appropriate the much better looking decals. I'd hate to make the download like fifty times bigger to accommodate tons of alternate versions.

I am not asking for any remodel/skin, just asking: is there a plan in near future to add the old style rear exhaust to the COMET? (just asking, really want to know). I loved much more my Comet with the old style.

This old exhaust--> 

Spoiler

Desyatnik_Pansy #26 Posted 17 September 2016 - 09:42 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11406 battles

View PostTK1992, on 17 September 2016 - 09:38 PM, said:

I am not asking for any remodel/skin, just asking: is there a plan in near future to add the old style rear exhaust to the COMET? (just asking, really want to know). I loved much more my Comet with the old style.

This old exhaust--> 

Spoiler

While I preferred that myself (though I never played the Comet back then myself), I have no idea how to do that. That's more of a thing for a remodeller to do (of which, I am not, I just do amateurish reskins) and might already have been done. You can probably ask in this thread;

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/421524-remodelling-reposts-public-storage/

If there is a version (or someone makes it) I can support it with a Bronze Green version to match the rest of the skins.

Desyatnik_Pansy #27 Posted 19 September 2016 - 05:14 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11406 battles

So just a small update to say that once 9.16 Drops I'll probably be downloading it as the HD Client for the first time, and I'm planning on making this compatible with the HD Client. I mean, it is now, but the only ones replaced are the SD Client versions of the HD Models, if that makes sense? There's an "even more HD" (lol) version of the textures used in the HD Client from what I understand and thus far I haven't touched them, but I do hope to.

It'll take a lengthy period of time though, as I'll only be starting it once 9.16 Itself drops (or I get bored enough and just decide to get the textures from the Test Server and start from there) and will definitely not come in the v1.2 update which'll be released once 9.16 Drops. 

Desyatnik_Pansy #28 Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:00 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11406 battles

Just a small update to say the v1.2 Update for when 9.16 Drops is almost done, and should hopefully be finished tomorrow (so they'll be some screenshots then). Additionally, Anthoniusii's thread has now been added to the OP And the READMEs in the pack as well as FastestClassic's skins (namely the Olive Green for the British HD Tanks; unlike mine he maintains the dirt and whatnot, which is awesome!) from the NA Forums. :honoring:

You can see them in the OP Now or here;

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/465195-anthoniusiis-09141-skins-index-in-1st-postt26e4-super-pershing-3rd-armored-division-germany-1945-in-post-64/

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/505250-09152-classics-skin-workshop-updated-japanese-brown-color-swap-pack-sept-15th/

Desyatnik_Pansy #29 Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:31 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11406 battles

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 17 September 2016 - 04:42 PM, said:

I'm going to stop you right there, though I did read the entire post so as not to be a ****. I don't have Photoshop, and the chances of me getting it "in recent times" is probably hellishly low. :teethhappy:

Damn shame too, because if I did and found the time I would make an alternate version of the pack to utilise the dirty and worn effect (while keeping the other version; the current one; available too if anyone prefers it). 

This is purely testing, and I probably won't go anywhere with it, but saying that, is this anything like what you were suggesting Anth? I'll note that I have no idea how to work the roadwheels and whatnot (chassis file), since what I did was use "AO" File (where camouflage is on a tank?), paste it on top of the "AM" File and then just recolour it as close as I could to my Bronze Green but the same couldn't seem to be done for the chassis.

Nonetheless, the testing. Some original shots to compare them as well;

Original
Testing

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 27 September 2016 - 11:33 PM.

Milkym4n #30 Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29513 battles
  • [SNOO] SNOO

Using the AO file as a mask probably isn't the best option out there. Usually dust/sand should only accumulate in creases and not edges.

What image editing software do you use? I've got a method for creating a paint mask based on the GMM file which I'd be happy to replicate on the software you use.

Desyatnik_Pansy #31 Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:59 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11406 battles

View PostMilkym4n, on 27 September 2016 - 11:58 PM, said:

Using the AO file as a mask probably isn't the best option out there. Usually dust/sand should only accumulate in creases and not edges.

What image editing software do you use? I've got a method for creating a paint mask based on the GMM file which I'd be happy to replicate on the software you use.

Paint.NET, like a scrub.

Milkym4n #32 Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:15 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29513 battles
  • [SNOO] SNOO

Alrighty. I'm a complete beginner when it comes to Paint.NET but can you use something like this to paint a model?

Basically having colour applied in different opacities according to greyscale luminosity.

Desyatnik_Pansy #33 Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:27 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11406 battles

View PostMilkym4n, on 28 September 2016 - 12:15 AM, said:

Alrighty. I'm a complete beginner when it comes to Paint.NET but can you use something like this to paint a model?

Basically having colour applied in different opacities according to greyscale luminosity.

Probably. Will have to experiment more with it at a later point, trying to worm my way around something else which if it lifts off might be quite interesting to do.

Milkym4n #34 Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29513 battles
  • [SNOO] SNOO

Got it if you want to try it :D

http://imgur.com/a/B4J07

All you need is this little plugin for Paint.NET (AlphaMask.zip)

http://forums.getpai...port-plugin-20/

To install just copy the dll file into the Effects folder of your Paint.NET installation.

Desyatnik_Pansy #35 Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:05 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11406 battles

View PostMilkym4n, on 28 September 2016 - 01:01 AM, said:

Got it if you want to try it :D

http://imgur.com/a/B4J07

All you need is this little plugin for Paint.NET (AlphaMask.zip)

http://forums.getpai...port-plugin-20/

To install just copy the dll file into the Effects folder of your Paint.NET installation.

Would you look at that, you're helping me out again while I sit back like a lazy ****. Thanks a bunch, I'll test it out perhaps later tonight. :teethhappy:

Desyatnik_Pansy #36 Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:41 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11406 battles

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 28 September 2016 - 01:05 AM, said:

Would you look at that, you're helping me out again while I sit back like a lazy ****. Thanks a bunch, I'll test it out perhaps later tonight. :teethhappy:

Tested it and works out quite nicely. Will have to actually experiment more with it on the British tanks after I've used it on a certain other thing.

Milkym4n #37 Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29513 battles
  • [SNOO] SNOO
Awesome! Glad to hear it's working.

Desyatnik_Pansy #38 Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:23 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11406 battles

Right, I finally got around to testing the above stuff on the British tanks with Bronze Green and.. I may be in love. The colour feels a bit off still, but other than that, I'm quite pleased with it.

Spoiler

Desyatnik_Pansy #39 Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:16 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11406 battles

Further testing of the above, this time with the Conqueror and Centurion. It definitely needs touching up in some places I think, but otherwise, quite nice. You'll note the Conqueror is still that much darker colour (like the Conway above), whereas for the Centurion Mk. 7/1 I actually went back and re-used the same thing I used for the original retexturing, save for the fact I forgot to make it even more transparent. :teethhappy:

I was too lazy to get comparison shots of the Centurion Mk. 7/1 As well, so uhm, sorry about that. :P

Milkym4n #40 Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29513 battles
  • [SNOO] SNOO
The colour looks pretty nice but the contrast between the dark paint and dust is a bit too much in my opinion. It might help to darken the base _AM texture to make the dust less bright.

Also tagged with Pansy

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users