• 23935 battles

Pansy why don't you ask him? [LINK]

Desyatnik_Pansy #42 Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:06 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11886 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostMilkym4n, on 30 September 2016 - 11:28 AM, said:

The colour looks pretty nice but the contrast between the dark paint and dust is a bit too much in my opinion. It might help to darken the base _AM texture to make the dust less bright.

I'm actually planning on doing just that when I look more into it. Right now I'm mostly just experimenting with the Bronze Green colour.:P

Desyatnik_Pansy #43 Posted 03 October 2016 - 02:14 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11886 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 30 September 2016 - 04:06 PM, said:

I'm actually planning on doing just that when I look more into it. Right now I'm mostly just experimenting with the Bronze Green colour.:P

Little bit of work on this. I might change the base colour a tiny bit more but personally I'm happy with this. I might also make the Bronze Green slightly more faded (?), as though this version is already more faded than the original.

Spoiler

To compare, this is the original (I'm lazy and just got the screenshots from when I originaly changed the Matilda colours. The lighting is obviously better in the garage in these shots);

Spoiler

Desyatnik_Pansy #44 Posted 03 October 2016 - 04:13 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11886 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

I might be suggesting something here. :hiding:

Spoiler

Additionally, with this post I'll be hereby not continuing the "historically inspired" skins for the Firefly and Comet (which is funny since the Comet didn't even get released or anything :P). I'll be replacing them with more of what you see above, which if you didn't guess, is Bronze Green versions of Milkym4n's skins.

After that, I will slowly continue working on trying to add versions for the HD Client, which it's a good thing I didn't get far with as I will also be now working on changing all of the skins to what you see above. That said, this change will not affect the SD Tanks.

EDIT: FV4202 (War Thunder model) done too.

Spoiler

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 03 October 2016 - 04:50 AM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #45 Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:24 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11886 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Just a heads-up to say from my understanding 9.16 Will be dropping either tomorrow or Wednesday, so I should be updating this accordingly the day (or after) it hits. The historically-inspired skins as mentioned above will no longer be present and, atleast at the moment, only the Tier X HD Models and the Crusader SP at Tier VII Will have received the update that you see above. I will slowly be working on updating them all as time goes on but it will take exactly that, time.

Also now added KiloRock (RU) to the suggested skinmakers in the OP.

Desyatnik_Pansy #46 Posted 05 October 2016 - 06:07 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11886 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
This alongside my other mods aside from the Pz. 58 Mutz should be updated tomorrow, assuming I am able to download the 9.16 Client. The Mutz will be done later in the week at most, as I'm changing it slightly.

Desyatnik_Pansy #47 Posted 05 October 2016 - 06:48 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11886 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Updated to 9.16 and implemented v1.2 update. Quoting the Update Log file you'll now find in the pack;

Block Quote

v1.2 Update:
-updated Crusader SP for the HD Model to the pack
-improved appearance of Firefly and Tortoise's "camouflaged barrels" by upping them to 4K. If there are issues with this (most likely on low-end computers/laptops), there are 2K Versions instead, which should hopefully work fine. If not, please inform me
-added skinmaker Anthoniusii to the suggested skinmakers list
-added skinmaker KiloRock (RU) to the suggested skinmakers list
-added link to FastestClassic's skins on the NA Forums, namely the Olive Green for British HD Models skin which might be of interest to anyone using this Bronze Green pack
-fixed a small error on the Comet
-removed historically inspired Firefly skin and historically inspired Comet skin (which hadn't actually been added yet), these will no longer be supported. In place, I am now supporting Milkym4n's Matilda BP HD Remodel, FV215b HD Remodel, FV4202 (P) and FV4202 (P) War Thunder model. At the moment only the Matilda BP and FV4202 (P) War Thunder model are available, but the FV215b and regular FV4202 (P) will be added later
-some models, such as the Crusader SP, Conqueror and Tier X HD Tanks now have a newer, updated version of the skin. This will slowly be implemented across every HD Tank (no changes to SD Tanks sadly), and will include both a version for the SD Client and HD Client. Additionally, with this change the alternate version for the Centurion Action X Will be no longer available for the time being. If there are any problems with these changes please inform me
The screenshot previews however have not been updated for this, as I will only be doing that once every HD Model has been correctly replaced, sorry!

If that are any problems, per the usual, please inform me. Everything should be working fine and I've tried testing everything but that doesn't mean it's perfect. Especially with the new version I'm slowly going to implement, expect some errors. :honoring:

You can download the new version from the OP or from this link;

http://www.mediafire.com/file/eb3oo80zbyhp08z/Desyatnik_Pansy%27s+Bronze+Green+British+Tech+Tree+Pack+v1.2.rar

Desyatnik_Pansy #48 Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:55 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11886 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Milkym4n's FV215b HD Remodel and FV4202 (P) "Battle-Hardened" (least that's what I'm calling it to better separate it from the WT Import version) are now also Bronze-Green.

Additionally, I've went through and made it so the textures should only appear on these tanks (as previous they borrowed textures from others. Say you had only my Bronze-Green Conqueror and the FV215b HD Remodel, the turret would appear Bronze-Green as it used those textures) as well as made it so that the model stays after being destroyed. If you do not wish to retain the HD Remodel version after the tank is destroyed simply delete the "crash" folder located inside, as this should not have any negative impact on the rest of the model.

Spoiler

I will be updating this later tonight most likely, and adding a separate download for just the Milkym4n models rather than update the entire pack again (which I will likely do later in the week once I've updated more of the pack). Previews should be coming up shortly.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 07 October 2016 - 12:56 AM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #49 Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:44 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11886 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Previews;

Matilda BP HD Remodel
FV4202 (P) "Battle-Hardened" Remodel
FV4202 (P) War Thunder Import
FV215b HD Remodel

At a later point (and not just with these models, but with the Centurion Action X For example as well) I plan on changing the canvas as you'll note it's darker than the original.

Desyatnik_Pansy #50 Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:17 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11886 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Bronze-Green versions of Milkym4n's models are up. A standalone version (with the extra textures added so that the modified textures don't (or atleast, shouldn't) mess with the appearance of other tanks, while the version within the pack will be the original smaller version as there should be no need to separate the textures there. The standalone version can be downloaded here, while the full pack won't be updated with the FV215b and FV4202 (P) "Battle-Hardened" for awhile.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bc07vz2t7sxe8h0/Bronze-Green+Milkym4n+Models.rar

Desyatnik_Pansy #51 Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:49 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11886 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

As I'm posting this I'm almost finished with updating every HD Model to the newer, improved version as well as adding _hd versions for HD Client users. The latter part is semi-important, as I'm wondering if people would prefer that I make the SD and HD Client versions separate from each other so that SD Client users for example don't have to download the HD Versions that won't be used anyway and vice versa, as it would be pretty lengthy to delete them and I don't think people would like that or the extra space it'll probably take up.

Thoughts?

Desyatnik_Pansy #52 Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:35 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11886 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

v1.3 Update Log:

-updated EVERY HD Model now to the new, updated version, improving appearance significantly. Additionally, all skins now support the the HD Client (SD Included, even though there is NO difference between the standard version and the HD Client version). I heavily advise using the HD Versions if you can.
-screenshot previews have been updated to include the updated skins.

My Bronze Green British Tanks pack has been updated, finally changing all HD Models to the improved appearance and also supporting the HD Client. The links in the OP Have been updated but otherwise, you can download it in this post too. I have separated the SD and HD Versions as I don't want to say, make someone only using the SD Client have to download the HD Textures too when they won't use them at all. Hopefully, there are no issues as a result of this, or frankly, any issues at all.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7b8gujyyzdy11sg/Desyatnik_Pansy%27s+Bronze+Green+British+Tech+Tree+Pack+v1.3+SD+Version.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3pymphbnpxjkylw/Desyatnik_Pansy%27s+Bronze+Green+British+Tech+Tree+Pack+v1.3+HD+Version.rar

I am planning on potentially removing the "Previews" folder and instead making the Previews available on an Imgur album instead to lower the size a bit, but that will probably happen on the next update I do if at all. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 03 November 2016 - 05:39 AM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #53 Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:09 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11886 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Preview images updated for the new versions. Currently the main preview (the thing showing a comparison between the Comet's original tank colour and with my mod) is currently replaced with a gif version while I work on something else for it, hopefully this causes no issues such as the page being slower loading or something like that.

Gkirmathal #54 Posted 26 November 2016 - 02:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8125 battles
  • [1VTD] 1VTD

@Desyatnik_Pansy, hey I have a technical question regarding camo, not really related to your camo mod, but to the way camo/emblems are implemented as general and I would like your hear your input.

You know the new black premium that have been released, which are no more than a reskin. I was wondering something.

To you knowledge: without reskinning the base texture of a tank, like is done with those and all premiums, could it be possible to get the same reskin effect using the ingame camo system? With correct configurations in customization.xml of the RGB/alpha values and placement of the camo masks?

In other words, can one technically get the black reskin result using the current camo system?

Desyatnik_Pansy #55 Posted 26 November 2016 - 06:13 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11886 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostGkirmathal, on 26 November 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

@Desyatnik_Pansy, hey I have a technical question regarding camo, not really related to your camo mod, but to the way camo/emblems are implemented as general and I would like your hear your input.

You know the new black premium that have been released, which are no more than a reskin. I was wondering something.

To you knowledge: without reskinning the base texture of a tank, like is done with those and all premiums, could it be possible to get the same reskin effect using the ingame camo system? With correct configurations in customization.xml of the RGB/alpha values and placement of the camo masks?

In other words, can one technically get the black reskin result using the current camo system?

I've never tested something like that myself, but no, I wouldn't be surprised if it's possible to make it work. I certainly won't experiment with it. :P

Milkym4n #56 Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31603 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 26 November 2016 - 07:13 PM, said:

I certainly won't experiment with it. :P

But I will definitely.

Spoiler

Desyatnik_Pansy #57 Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:27 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 11886 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostMilkym4n, on 27 November 2016 - 02:00 AM, said:

But I will definitely.

Spoiler

Atleast someone did. :popcorn:

Gkirmathal #58 Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8125 battles
  • [1VTD] 1VTD

@Milkym4n, fabulous! This proofs the idea I had in a proof of concept. Showing how easy it is to implement custom camo skins though the camo system.

Can the customization.xml be configured, to add much more complex overlay textures? I am thinking of the Liberté texture. Could such texture be implemented as an camo overlay?

Ps, idea I had behind it, is to make a proof of concept is to show WG it is possible to add custom camo though their current system. Such feature/product would add to the game, for instance the ability to buy a 'one use pack' black Friday camo.

Pps, in regards to the Liberté de-camo skin mod. Would it be possible to configure it's xml config to be able to manually config in the customization.xml stock camo's for winter/temp/desert??

Edited by Gkirmathal, 27 November 2016 - 01:41 PM.

Milkym4n #59 Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31603 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

You can create a camo entry in the customization.xml for a specific tank but skins like the Patriot or Mutz can't be done this way since you have one single color map for the entire tank. For this to work you would need seperate color maps for each part of the tank (chassis, hull, turret, gun). This is the reason we haven't seen the more sophisticated skins as buyable camo. What can be done though is the black camo or for example a simplistic stars and stripes type camo in red, white and blue.

For example this could be done for a tank specific camo:

Spoiler

View PostGkirmathal, on 27 November 2016 - 02:16 PM, said:

Pps, in regards to the Liberté de-camo skin mod. Would it be possible to configure it's xml config to be able to manually config in the customization.xml stock camo's for winter/temp/desert??

Not quite sure what you mean by that but tanks that have skins applied to them can't have normal camo applied to them. I've tried it with the AMX 13 57 GF when it came out, there's a server side restriction that doesn't let you buy camo. Oddly enough though you can buy emblems and inscriptions with credits and gold.

Gkirmathal #60 Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8125 battles
  • [1VTD] 1VTD

View PostMilkym4n, on 27 November 2016 - 01:39 PM, said:

<snip>

Not quite sure what you mean by that but tanks that have skins applied to them can't have normal camo applied to them. I've tried it with the AMX 13 57 GF when it came out, there's a server side restriction that doesn't let you buy camo. Oddly enough though you can buy emblems and inscriptions with credits and gold.

Didn't mean enabling the ingame buying of camo. I'll try to explain.

I meant client side forcing camo to show a summer/winter/desert camo on the tank, by manually assigning the 3 camos types in it's xml.

So a pure client side texture mod, to configure/force stock camo's to show, when one has reskinned the Liberté for example.

Edited by Gkirmathal, 27 November 2016 - 03:25 PM.

Also tagged with Pansy

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users