Pansy

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Milkym4n #61 Posted 27 November 2016 - 04:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32477 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
There are ways to force emblems on tanks like on the GF ones but I'm afraid you can't do it with camo. Then again I'd love to be proven wrong here.

Desyatnik_Pansy #62 Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:53 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12326 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

I finally got around to it since I've been ill these past few days and wasn't really able to, but the ConqGC HD Model now has a lovely new coat on the Test ready for when 9.17 Hits. It's likely not perfect, but eh, fine enough for me.

Spoiler

Couldn't really be bothered to get better screenshots, knowing I'll have to redo the actual ones for the patch, so that'll do for now.

Desyatnik_Pansy #63 Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:30 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12326 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

This'll take awhile to probably do for the others, if I even can, heh.

Spoiler

Hopefully can get better pictures tomorrow with the Matilda BP I literally bought because I had the Gold, it was on sale and no one else had posted replays up when I was first making Milky's HD Remodel of it Bronze Green. :teethhappy:

Desyatnik_Pansy #64 Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:48 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12326 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Just something I'm going to add on to the 9.17 Update alongside the ConquerorGC HD Model. This gives the crash models for Milkyman's HD Matilda BP, FV4202 (P) Battle-Hardened and FV215b HD Remodel a bit more of a "crashed" appearance to them, as at the moment I literally just copied+pasted the "normal" folder and renamed it "crash".

Spoiler

It's not completely necessary to use, and if you don't want to use it when the update comes simply delete the "crash" folder and when destroyed the tank returns to it's base crash appearance, or delete the "crash" folder, copy the "normal" folder and rename it "crash" like at the moment it currently is. :honoring:

Also, since I don't know jack, there's a few errors though personally I don't care too much out them as the whole purpose isn't to make the crash model perfect, it's just to make it so the crash model actually looks somewhat.. destroyed. You can see the errors below.

Matilda BP HD Remodel errors
FV4202 (P) Battle-Hardened errors
FV215b HD Remodel errors

Kubana #65 Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28825 battles
  • [S_T_G] S_T_G

View PostAnthoniusii, on 17 September 2016 - 03:25 PM, said:

No you are not rude.

We use the same color for our British tanks. Also US tanks used in europe a similar color as well.

If you use Photoshop then use the magic wand to select scratches and dirt that already exist in WG skins.

Use them as upper layer above your skin.

You will nottice that the skin takes a rather "lighter" view.

Posh started just like you did.

But after few humble advices and mainly his personal efforts , created some realy good skins as well.

Take his example of how a skined tank looks with scratches and dirt :

Also compare your finall skin color with mine with scratches and dirt addition and see how diferent they look.

Tanks are fighting vehicles not museum exebitions.

But in the end its all about personal taste!

Continue your work!!:great:

great work buddi can u explain how u get such great results with paint :) i try milkys way with alpha mask .....but it dont work for me  i do all the steps but have not his boom feeling   so i thnk i need  help ?!

Edited by Kubana, 06 December 2016 - 09:14 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #66 Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:33 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12326 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Updated to 0.9.17.0, links in the OP Have been updated and you can also download it from the link below. Hopefully there are no problems, so enjoy, and report any issues you may come across.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/phwdgawyhvxcxy8/%5B0.9.17.0%5D+Desyatnik_Pansy%27s+Bronze+Green+British+Tech+Tree+Pack+v1.4+SD+Version.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kk17miapjoieg51/%5B0.9.17.0%5D+Desyatnik_Pansy%27s+Bronze+Green+British+Tech+Tree+Pack+v1.4+HD+Version.rar

Desyatnik_Pansy #67 Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:11 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12326 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Not particularly sure why I'm doing this since it isn't actually available in-game, but it's atleast fun. :P

Spoiler

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 19 December 2016 - 04:05 AM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #68 Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:31 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12326 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 19 December 2016 - 01:11 AM, said:

Not particularly sure why I'm doing this since it isn't actually available in-game, but it's atleast fun. :P

Spoiler

Made some more progress tonight. Hopefully the turret is easier to do than the hull, but hey, I highly doubt it. :P

In Blender
In-Game

Biggest problem I've encountered is some parts are sadly simply mirrored, such as that ring that goes around the tank or the sideskirts, which means I can't make it more accurately the pattern but eh, still looks good IMO. I also made a comparison of what I started with from last night and where I got to tonight, just because that's fun IMO. Ignore that the original still also has the black alpha mask, I'm only really using that temporarily and probably won't use it on the end model.

Spoiler

Nickthedevil #69 Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19461 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Always liked the Berlin armour - well done DP

Desyatnik_Pansy #70 Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:37 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12326 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

The hull is almost done, and hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to start on the turret before I end up getting a bit busy with other stuff again. I have to say it now, I mostly started this just to start testing using Blender to help with textures and it has been simply amazing for this project. :P

In Blender
In-Game

And of course, the comparison from last night to now.

Spoiler

Desyatnik_Pansy #71 Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:54 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12326 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

And, the hull is done. I'll start working on the turret later tonight.

In Blender
In-Game

They'll be some added customisation to the hull when I'm finished with the turret. But we'll see how long that takes.

EDIT: Work on the turret has started, painting the stuff on the side and whatnot first as I considered that to be easier. Once this is entirely finished, and again even though the Chieftain isn't available, I'm going to probably hide little edits to the normal map on the tank (taking something from Milky's book, hehe) in case the Chieftain does ever become available and I upload this. Not that I would suspect a certain somebody to take my work; I don't think I have that much of a profile for him yet, heh; but just to be safe. :P

Spoiler

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 22 December 2016 - 02:49 AM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #72 Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:06 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12326 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Now we wait to see if the Chieftain ever appears. :P

Spoiler

Replaced Chieftain/T95 Briefly with the model to get in-battle shots. I partially think the brown part of the paint is too dark, but that's me.

Spoiler

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 23 December 2016 - 04:36 AM.

Kubana #73 Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28825 battles
  • [S_T_G] S_T_G
Damn Epic work. Never get the chieftank but it looks great.

Desyatnik_Pansy #74 Posted 23 December 2016 - 08:49 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12326 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostKubana, on 23 December 2016 - 05:40 AM, said:

Damn Epic work. Never get the chieftank but it looks great.

Even if the Chieftain never shows up, I'm atleast glad I did it. Part of the main reason I did it was to see how I found using Blender to help with texture editing, and aside from part of the hull (the front mostly), I pretty much strictly used Blender to select only the part of the tank I wanted to paint and then find all of the affiliated textures. It's much less frustrating than shifting through the hull.dds for some vehicle trying to find the track textures for like 2 Days because every single part is separated across the entire .dds, with the Tortoise being the worst I had to do. :P

It's something that'll definitely help with later projects, though aside from some requests I don't really have any other skins really planned.

Desyatnik_Pansy #75 Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:29 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12326 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Dunno why I'm mentioning this since it won't happen for a very long time (mostly just due to my laziness), but I will be going through the whole pack and pretty much redoing the whole thing. Why?

-using Blender I hope to actually improve the quality of a bunch of the models as on some tanks you'll note for example the MGs have the Bronze-Green effect over them while others don't, namely because due to previously just texture-hunting on Paint.NET, well, I didn't want to spend 10 Hours on every single tank which had an MG. With Blender of course, it can be done so much easier, so I'll be doing that. I'll also be doing this for SD Models

-SD Models will be likely be getting a slight bit of a change, though that highly depends on how I think it looks. More on that when I actually get around to it

-I will be adding the Chieftain Mk. 6 and T95/Chieftain to the pack, even if not present in-game (just because, well, y'know). This is since Johny_Bafak's vertical tech tree (?) allows me to preview tanks that I normally wouldn't, such as the Chieftain (see those Berlin Brigade screenshots above). This also means some improvements to tanks like the FV201 (A45) Since again, I couldn't preview that previously in my own garage and I was admittedly sloppy in how I reskinned that one previously as I didn't enjoy constantly having to open/close a replay when actually doing the skin for it

So yeah, won't happen for a looooong arse time but it'll happen.. at some point. :P

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 07 January 2017 - 08:30 PM.

Kubana #76 Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28825 battles
  • [S_T_G] S_T_G
i like the way u work with bender ! Use u Tankviewer for importing/exporting wot files in Blender?

Desyatnik_Pansy #77 Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:49 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12326 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostKubana, on 08 January 2017 - 08:26 AM, said:

i like the way u work with bender ! Use u Tankviewer for importing/exporting wot files in Blender?

I think? I'm not sure if this is Tankviewer, but eh, this is what I use;

https://github.com/SkaceKamen/wot-model-converter

Desyatnik_Pansy #78 Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:49 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12326 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

I've done all of the SD Stuff atm, so it's time to move onto the HD Skins. However, I took a little detour to quickly whip up this. I'm not planning on releasing this version, as I did this version strictly because it should be very obvious what I'm doing but just in case it wasn't, and I want the final version to allow for camouflage and whatnot. :P

Spoiler

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 17 January 2017 - 12:50 AM.

Kubana #79 Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28825 battles
  • [S_T_G] S_T_G
Boom nice Amigo....u make ure skins still with blender ? Dont know how....

Desyatnik_Pansy #80 Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:43 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12326 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostKubana, on 17 January 2017 - 08:24 AM, said:

Boom nice Amigo....u make ure skins still with blender ? Dont know how....

Yup, though I don't use Blender to make my skins, I just use it to find all the random junk like tracks and stuff much more easily. Pardon that I'm sadly lazy and will just refer you to a guide sort of thing I wrote for something else, but hopefully that should be enough to explain how I use Blender.

Spoiler

Also tagged with Pansy

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users