T-34

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

ScottishJunky #1 Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3997 battles
  • [D_G_M] D_G_M

Before you start screaming at me for rushing tiers, I quit a couple months ago (I forgot about the game xD) and I recently came back, but can not remember my previous account details, so I have created a new one, (I have around 3500k battles in total)

Anyway, so recently I decided to go down the Russian medium line and so far I've got myself a fully upgraded T-34 (Still undecided which tank to get, Object 130 or T-62a) and I've decided I'm going to play the hell outta this tank cuz I love it, But I am confused, how exactly do I play this tank? Mostly I go with the other mediums, But lots of people are telling me to play it other wise such as: Spot, Kill arty or fire support for heavies, So yeah, Please do help.

K_A #2 Posted 04 August 2016 - 05:05 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13643 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

step 1: use the rapid-firing 57mm, it has better pen and better dpm

step 2: since you reload faster than you aim you need to either stay behind people so you can aim properly, or be near enough that you can circle strafe people to death when the only aiming you do is full throttle auto-aiming at their sides and rear

step 3: just get the T-34-85, it's a much better tank in my opinion and the gun is WAY better.

ScottishJunky #3 Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3997 battles
  • [D_G_M] D_G_M

View PostK_A, on 04 August 2016 - 05:05 PM, said:

step 1: use the rapid-firing 57mm, it has better pen and better dpm

step 2: since you reload faster than you aim you need to either stay behind people so you can aim properly, or be near enough that you can circle strafe people to death when the only aiming you do is full throttle auto-aiming at their sides and rear

step 3: just get the T-34-85, it's a much better tank in my opinion and the gun is WAY better.

Yeah, I already use the 57mm gun, Thankd for the tips man, But I think I'm going to play the T-34 a lot so when I move up to tier 6 I ain't a complete noob.

Moomiss #4 Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:15 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6470 battles
  • [BOF] BOF
Type 61 is the best

250swb #5 Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:34 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 22911 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
If this is your second time around a WR of 45% isn't very encouraging, it should still be up in the 60%'s with only 150 battles in your current account yet with a base 3500 battles experience to draw on. A high WR does get equalised later and comes down, but 45% with all the knowledge needed to seal club complete newbies should worry you. So yes, too fast too soon, you've rushed ahead and you've made things harder for yourself. As regards gameplay the idea of simply following other mediums isn't great, you should be in positions that need a medium tank, not following a herd. So flanking and using your ability to reposition across the map, supporting fire, protecting teammates (even arty), and looking always at the mini map to see where the enemy are and where you can be effective. To win in WOT the team needs to kill the enemy tanks, but the best players know how to get into the positions to do it, actually doing it then comes far more easily.

ScottishJunky #6 Posted 07 August 2016 - 01:16 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3997 battles
  • [D_G_M] D_G_M

View Post250swb, on 06 August 2016 - 06:34 PM, said:

If this is your second time around a WR of 45% isn't very encouraging, it should still be up in the 60%'s with only 150 battles in your current account yet with a base 3500 battles experience to draw on. A high WR does get equalised later and comes down, but 45% with all the knowledge needed to seal club complete newbies should worry you. So yes, too fast too soon, you've rushed ahead and you've made things harder for yourself. As regards gameplay the idea of simply following other mediums isn't great, you should be in positions that need a medium tank, not following a herd. So flanking and using your ability to reposition across the map, supporting fire, protecting teammates (even arty), and looking always at the mini map to see where the enemy are and where you can be effective. To win in WOT the team needs to kill the enemy tanks, but the best players know how to get into the positions to do it, actually doing it then comes far more easily.

What tier do you suggest I go back too?

Volfrahm #7 Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:00 AM

Major

• Player
  • 8640 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

T-34 has bit of a untrustworthy armor ignoring the random bouncing effects and bit better armored turret. Basically you don't really want to trade shots in close quarters.

For gun choice, eh I'd say it depends on play style in this case. Personally, I use the TD gun purely for much better alpha while it also maintains an 'ok' pen. Pick what suits you the best.

MR_FIAT #8 Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19814 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_

View PostVolfrahm, on 07 August 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:

T-34 has bit of a untrustworthy armor ignoring the random bouncing effects and bit better armored turret. Basically you don't really want to trade shots in close quarters.

For gun choice, eh I'd say it depends on play style in this case. Personally, I use the TD gun purely for much better alpha while it also maintains an 'ok' pen. Pick what suits you the best.

76mm is pretty awfull on the T-34, 2.9s aimtime is just ugh. its pretty gud on the A-43 tho. also the 57mm gets way better gold ammo. 

250swb #9 Posted 07 August 2016 - 04:03 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 22911 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostScottishJunky, on 07 August 2016 - 01:16 AM, said:

What tier do you suggest I go back too?

Keep playing your T-34, but also go back to tier III and IV and get some crews trained and learn all the maps backwards, try other types of tanks, other nations, read and watch tank guides, experiment and learn. It's fun, it doesn't need to be a chore, but what will be a chore is taking on higher tiers at the same time as crew training and learning the more advanced tactic's and strategy.

Edited by 250swb, 07 August 2016 - 04:04 PM.

ScottishJunky #10 Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3997 battles
  • [D_G_M] D_G_M

View Post250swb, on 07 August 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

Keep playing your T-34, but also go back to tier III and IV and get some crews trained and learn all the maps backwards, try other types of tanks, other nations, read and watch tank guides, experiment and learn. It's fun, it doesn't need to be a chore, but what will be a chore is taking on higher tiers at the same time as crew training and learning the more advanced tactic's and strategy.

Got myself a Pz I c and a Luchs! So happy I did!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users