"PRIZE POOL

Boosters"

Might as well not participate.

SlyMeerkat #5 Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10587 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
I would really like to join a good team at some point and do these sort of things more but the trouble is actually finding a good team!

Karlie #6 Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:09 PM

WGL EU Manager

• WG Staff
  • 17420 battles
  • [GIRL_] GIRL_

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 05 August 2016 - 09:11 PM, said:

I would really like to join a good team at some point and do these sort of things more but the trouble is actually finding a good team!

Agree, it´s quiet hard to find a good team because the team is as well about a trust. The best way is to look for good player within your friends or clan or contacting captain of already existing team that you would like to train with them/play toons as a tournament backup at first. Also some teams might have stable 3v3 but not 5v5 or 7/68.

The most valuable player is a field commander - once you know how to lead, you find your guys. If you are not a leading type, you are looking for a chance to prove you are a team player.

Good luck

Karlie #7 Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:29 PM

WGL EU Manager

• WG Staff
  • 17420 battles
  • [GIRL_] GIRL_

View Postguest273, on 05 August 2016 - 03:09 PM, said:

Buff the prizes.

View PostTitaniuX, on 05 August 2016 - 04:01 PM, said:

make the prizes like they were on Demolition Derby and then we will play

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 05 August 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

"PRIZE POOL

Boosters"

Might as well not participate.

Hi guys, we are constantly looking for improvements.

For RR matches, the prizes are targeting players who are seeking chance to win something little and train themselves to get better. With the RR system, you don´t fight against another 500 or 1k teams, you fight only against another 5 or 9 - depending on the tournament. Yes, it´s usually 2 hours of playing but the playing itself shouldn´t feel as job for you but fun with opportunity to get something small in return (besides the fact that you are earning already more via special battles due to 0 repair costs). You should never feel forced to play, after all it´s something we do for fun, because we enjoy the game. If you by any chance don´t enjoy the game and you play only for the prizes maybe trying a different game mode could help you.

Where you can earn more prizes is Playoff where you mostly first fight within your group and then with the best players from each group = more good teams to beat. This can also get you to higher prizes If you are really the best.

RR with Playoff is more time consuming though and we are currently looking into ways how to give the players/you what you wish for:

- "Random" players participating for their small rewards and training experience and actually chance to win something against less teams

- Tournament focused players chance to win higher prizes by competing against more and better teams - currently in progress.

For now, If you are a true eSports fan aiming for the better prizes against the best teams, I can only recommend to try Go4WoT with the chance to make it to the League (and get some cool prizes along the way, even some cash)

You can as well try in the mean time the new FaceIt challenge.

We can´t make everyone happy but we can assure you we are constantly trying. ;)

guest273 #8 Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33462 battles
  • [PIGEO] PIGEO

View PostKarlie, on 10 August 2016 - 11:29 AM, said:

Hi guys, we are constantly looking for improvements.

For RR matches, the prizes are targeting players who are seeking chance to win something little and train themselves to get better. With the RR system, you don´t fight against another 500 or 1k teams, you fight only against another 5 or 9 - depending on the tournament. Yes, it´s usually 2 hours of playing but the playing itself shouldn´t feel as job for you but fun with opportunity to get something small in return (besides the fact that you are earning already more via special battles due to 0 repair costs). You should never feel forced to play, after all it´s something we do for fun, because we enjoy the game. If you by any chance don´t enjoy the game and you play only for the prizes maybe trying a different game mode could help you.

Where you can earn more prizes is Playoff where you mostly first fight within your group and then with the best players from each group = more good teams to beat. This can also get you to higher prizes If you are really the best.

RR with Playoff is more time consuming though and we are currently looking into ways how to give the players/you what you wish for:

- "Random" players participating for their small rewards and training experience and actually chance to win something against less teams

- Tournament focused players chance to win higher prizes by competing against more and better teams - currently in progress.

For now, If you are a true eSports fan aiming for the better prizes against the best teams, I can only recommend to try Go4WoT with the chance to make it to the League (and get some cool prizes along the way, even some cash)

You can as well try in the mean time the new FaceIt challenge.

We can´t make everyone happy but we can assure you we are constantly trying. ;)

I really approve of round robin (RR).

I only wish you could somehow detect who is online and who is not (for example a player with 3 no-shows is not playing) and stripe them thus shortening the waiting out so we wouldn't get something like:

Spoiler

Other than that I suggest making 2 types of 1v1 tournaments (at the same time)

Begginers 1v1 - PR must be below 4,5k to join - prizes exp boosters.

Experts 1v1 - PR must be above 4,5k to join - prizes gold and credits.

Karlie #9 Posted 10 August 2016 - 03:03 PM

WGL EU Manager

• WG Staff
  • 17420 battles
  • [GIRL_] GIRL_

View Postguest273, on 10 August 2016 - 02:49 PM, said:

Our tournaments are mostly fun tournaments. If you want a skill tournament, join the League ;).

Sadly we can´t guess If player will show after registration or not. We can keep his team unconfirmed (for 1v1) If he doesn't confirm it himself - that is helping eliminate those who forgot about it but the rest is technically impossible. The brackets are done at least hour before the tournament and even If there would be some confirming button right before the battle, the brackets would have to be reset and redone to actually absorb the change which takes time and players opponents would change again and so on - that is not technically possible in those tournaments.

It´s a bit like - we create and support the tournament but players make the tournament what the tournament is.

Well hopefully there will be some solutions to at least some of the stuff in future.

guest273 #10 Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:11 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33462 battles
  • [PIGEO] PIGEO

View PostKarlie, on 10 August 2016 - 02:03 PM, said:

It´s a bit like - we create and support the tournament but players make the tournament what the tournament is.

So you are saying the players made the tournaments bad? :trollface:

I'm not a programmer myself but it shouldn't be hard to make an automated bracket "bot-eliminator" / "re-scheduler" or one of those?

I mean people are creating 32/64 bit computers on Minecraft using red-stone... making something like a simple ^ should be cake for them.

Also you should return 1 reserve player to the team. It's annoying AF when in a 7v7 team you get only 5 people online and you get auto beat by full teams. Same with 2v3's. At-least 1 person in reserve would only do the tournaments good.

Karlie #11 Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:24 PM

WGL EU Manager

• WG Staff
  • 17420 battles
  • [GIRL_] GIRL_

View Postguest273, on 10 August 2016 - 10:11 PM, said:

So you are saying the players made the tournaments bad? :trollface:

I'm not a programmer myself but it shouldn't be hard to make an automated bracket "bot-eliminator" / "re-scheduler" or one of those?

I mean people are creating 32/64 bit computers on Minecraft using red-stone... making something like a simple ^ should be cake for them.

Also you should return 1 reserve player to the team. It's annoying AF when in a 7v7 team you get only 5 people online and you get auto beat by full teams. Same with 2v3's. At-least 1 person in reserve would only do the tournaments good.

It´s not about creating something new but implementing something new that will cooperate with something old. This topic is a bit more complicated, trust me ;).

skydten #12 Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:32 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26492 battles
  • [2PDD] 2PDD

Maybe if we got our rewards? Played and won 250 gold at "5v5 August #3 - T6 Cup" 16. august but havent still received anything. Its over 3 weeks ago!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users