Clans Conference – Your Thoughts and Ideas

Clan Conference meeting workshop officers commanders

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Clan Conferennce (29 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Would you be intersted in attending a Clans conference?

1. Yes, I'm interested and would phsically attend (4 votes [13.79%])

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

2. Yes, I'm interested and would attend virtually (15 votes [51.72%])

Percentage of vote: 51.72%

3. No, I wouldn't attend but I am interested in hearing a summary of the discussions that took place. i.e. webinar, publications etc. (5 votes [17.24%])

Percentage of vote: 17.24%

4. No sorry, I'm just not interested (5 votes [17.24%])

Percentage of vote: 17.24%

How many personnel do you have that would be interested in attending a Clans conference?

1. Only the Clan Commander (9 votes [31.03%])

Percentage of vote: 31.03%

2. 2-4 (13 votes [44.83%])

Percentage of vote: 44.83%

3. 5-9 (3 votes [10.34%])

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

4. 10 or more (4 votes [13.79%])

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

Vote Hide poll

Timewarp76 #1 Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 20019 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I would love to see some involvement of the WoT community in a Clan Conference

Very often you hear of conferences which targets a specific audience, subject matter and theme. I can see the benefit of a Clan Conference, either virtually or in person where the target audiences are Clan Commanders and Officers.

In my opinion it would be very interesting to collaborate with other Clan Commanders and Officers and a conference would provide the environment for Clan leadership to join a platform and discuss ideas, educate each other and network as well as share experiences.

A few subjects that come to my mind as discussion starters would be.

• Clan Recruitment
  • Clan Operations
  • Clan Infrastructures (website, groups, message boards, communications)
  • Official WoT Clan Website Functions (requests, ideas)
  • Streaming (twitch, youtube)
  • Keeping the Clan Alive
  • Clan Events
  • Clan Dos and Don’ts (Best Practices)
  • Clans that – Platoon
  • Clans that – Strongholds
  • Clans that – Clan wars

In addition to the subject matter above open discussion about the challenges of operating a clan and the difficulties that are faced by the leadership would be very interesting as well.

What are your thoughts?

• Do you see any benefits to such an event?
  • What themes would you find interesting?

--------------------------------------------------

Community Topics / Ideas: (Added from this thread)

• Discuss ways for different clans of similar player skillset to be able to platoon effectively together with shared resources

Edited by timewarp76, 17 August 2016 - 11:11 AM.

Mr_Waffle #2 Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:54 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10808 battles
  • [POOT] POOT

I think this is a great idea, to be honest. Great way to form alliances and forge join platooning.

If this is held virtually or can be attended virtually, I'm definitely in.

I hope this idea gains some traction !

/Mr_Waffle

Timewarp76 #3 Posted 15 August 2016 - 11:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 20019 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Good to hear there is some interested Mr_Waffle . Hopefully more people will speak up. I agree with you, a nice way to get some alliances going and reinforce platoon play.P.s. love your clan name, lol, awesome stuff!

Edited by timewarp76, 15 August 2016 - 11:15 AM.

Mr_Waffle #4 Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10808 battles
  • [POOT] POOT

Thanks Timewarp, the Tag was a play on the name, have to keep it fun (and classy).

A topic I'd propose as well would be a way for different clans of similar player skillset to be able to platoon effectively together with shared resources. I know some of the top level clans do this now, and clearly it's beneficial to pair up with equal or better players to both win more, and ideally learn more.

Not sure how many clans are up to that, or would put the effort into making it happen, but I'm interested to find out. I could host the TS for example, but it would have to be a fairly cohesive joint effort to setup.

/Mr_Waffle

mike920 #5 Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:44 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20865 battles
Its a no from me

Timewarp76 #6 Posted 17 August 2016 - 11:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 20019 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostMr_Waffle, on 16 August 2016 - 04:35 PM, said:

Thanks Timewarp, the Tag was a play on the name, have to keep it fun (and classy).

A topic I'd propose as well would be a way for different clans of similar player skillset to be able to platoon effectively together with shared resources. I know some of the top level clans do this now, and clearly it's beneficial to pair up with equal or better players to both win more, and ideally learn more.

Not sure how many clans are up to that, or would put the effort into making it happen, but I'm interested to find out. I could host the TS for example, but it would have to be a fairly cohesive joint effort to setup.

/Mr_Waffle

Mr. Waffle, good points. I've added your idea to the main post in the "Community Topics/Ideas" Section. One step at a time, we'll see where this goes. :-)

Edited by timewarp76, 17 August 2016 - 11:10 AM.

fryster_12 #7 Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44109 battles
  • [U-L] U-L
What a great idea could use teamspeak to hold the conference if it were virtual 

Timewarp76 #8 Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 20019 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postfryster_12, on 30 August 2016 - 11:29 PM, said:

What a great idea could use teamspeak to hold the conference if it were virtual

I agree with you Fryster_12, teamspeak or any other free client that could host a large populous would be great. IMO TeamSpeak would be pretty easy to manage on the administrative side as well and would allow the admins to quiet everyone while the hosts are speaking etc..

acm166 #9 Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:44 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 33543 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
if I have the free time I will try to pop in and give what i know.

Edited by acm166, 07 September 2016 - 04:08 PM.

chakmarin #10 Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28063 battles

I see benefit to "weaker" clans. 

I think you should concentrate on battles alone and forming the team that can compete. 
When you have good "core" of the clan, all this topics you mentioned will be answered by the experience. 

Timewarp76 #11 Posted 12 September 2016 - 02:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 20019 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postacm166, on 07 September 2016 - 12:44 AM, said:

if I have the free time I will try to pop in and give what i know.

Awesome, good to hear you are interested and want to offer up some knowledge :-) !

View Postchakmarin, on 07 September 2016 - 12:14 PM, said:

I see benefit to "weaker" clans.

I think you should concentrate on battles alone and forming the team that can compete. 
When you have good "core" of the clan, all this topics you mentioned will be answered by the experience.

Fair point and I guess in a way this thread might be more geared toward the weaker clans. But at the same time, if stronger clans (leadership) took part there would be some great experiences shared and some mentorship involved that would be refreshing for anyone looking to learn and broaden their horizons. I would venture to say there are many more weaker clans in the WG world versus the number of stronger clans that would relate to the topics mentioned and benefit from the discussions. Also to note, not every clan has the same goals, what may be important to one clan may not be as important to another one. i.e platoon only clans vs focused clan wars clans or strictly tournament clans etc.. Some clans are really win rate driven focused on the bottom line while others are more about friendship as well as socialization and playing for fun. Just depends on the end goal of the clan and what milestones they want to set for themselves.

touch_of_death #12 Posted 16 September 2016 - 07:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 62188 battles
  • [WU_PA] WU_PA

hello timewarp76 I am actually very experienced in running a guild of clans and as of now actually lead 7 separate clans in everything you are enquiring about so if you want some help in this process and hints and tips please feel free to approach me via pm ingame for my ts details and we can have an informal chat and I may be able to help either way good luck in this endeavour it is hard work but very worthwhile.

I must point out that I am not in charge of these clans I simply guide them for the betterment of all involved.

Edited by touch_of_death, 16 September 2016 - 07:11 PM.

touch_of_death #13 Posted 18 September 2016 - 12:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 62188 battles
  • [WU_PA] WU_PA
after speaking with you ingame your response was less than encouraging almost cavalier in your attitude towards offers of help tips and how running a community can and will affect all involved. so I retract any help I would of given freely. good ideas need drive and ambition your lack of both left me astounded you even had this idea in the first place. good day sir.

Timewarp76 #14 Posted 18 September 2016 - 06:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 20019 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Hi touch_of_death as I mentioned last night I would reply when I had a chance. Late yesterday evening when you pm'ed me via WoT, I was in game with a few of my mates that I hadn't spoken with in a long while and was trying to balance time with them and real life daddy duties. It's unfortunate to hear you are less than encouraged nevertheless as I mentioned last night in the short few sentences of conversation we had, the topics mentioned in the thread are not for me, they are just some thoughts and ideas to get the community thinking, perhaps even discussing and hopefully create a depository of information which may be of some use to other clan leadership throughout the WG world and who knows if there is enough of a chatter, the WG community leaders might take interest as well.  I appreciate your offer and respect your decision to take it back. If there are any topics or general info that other clans can benefit from feel free to post it here so that the information isn't lost and so others can later search for the information at their leisure.

Also tagged with Clan, Conference, meeting, workshop, officers, commanders

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users