• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

warlionvn #21 Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 30564 battles
  • [EPIC] EPIC

GREAT JOB WG .now T92 arty hit my T110E5 ONLY FOR 2115 

this is soo  nice i cant wait arty start hit me for 6600 and start 3 game 0 hp just for fun 

PLEASE make arty hit stronger and faster this will make the game better and better 

Los_Muertos_De_Tu_Madre #22 Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 45071 battles
  • [RO-DM] RO-DM

i look forward to the micro micro patch which will fix the bugs in the micropatch.

p.s. wg incompetence never seizes to amaze me.....

_dyed_ #23 Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23843 battles
Not a single word about lags, fps drops and game disconnect in the middle of fight. Either it's new game feature or you just don't care.

Iddra #24 Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26857 battles

View Postwarlionvn, on 11 August 2016 - 10:58 AM, said:

GREAT JOB WG .now T92 arty hit my T110E5 ONLY FOR 2115 

this is soo  nice i cant wait arty start hit me for 6600 and start 3 game 0 hp just for fun 

PLEASE make arty hit stronger and faster this will make the game better and better 

Replay for those 3 games?

Geforge #25 Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29337 battles
  • [-P4-] -P4-

Hello,

I took a quick look about the following matters online. Firstly what was fixed in this micro patch - and prior to that if anyone else has been experiencing similar issues. Issues yes. So let me number them:

1. LAG. Ever since the 9.15 lag has slowly increased in battles - until last night it became absolutely nuts. My computer is not a bad one - good enough - I do not have ping issues or fps troubles. This is due to something about those servers or WOT update or idk. I entered a battle last night (prior to this patch). It was like returning to my old address and old computer - the one I started to play WOT with. Way back then my rental address had bad wires and my laptop did not even know what online gaming is. But I repeat - the issue is not at my end now. I do not even use ANY mods. None the less I fought around about 6000 battles like this... Tank is not moving at all to start with, even though the countdown is done. Now the new feature is that the tracks are none the less kicking up some dirt - lol. Some tanks appear from 'stealth' which has nothing to do with camo - because they are actually on my own team - just like in the old day. My tanks moves mysteriously as though someone else was trying to drive it at the same time - so it is hard to even drive strait. I got to cover behind a rock, but got stuck there. Turret starts to finally turn with twisty jumps.. omg that light has decided to come next to me - so guess what - our tanks start to merge. Slide inside each other - like there was some magnet there. I fight hard against it - twist and turn - tracks kick up some dirt again. Tank moves where ever.. finally getting loose - but the enemy is attempting to over run my side. I am in position to shoot, but my turret does not want to point at right direction. Finally getting it turn - strangely the shell lands to a rock near me - apparently I was not where I thought my tank was. I remember those 6000 starting battles well. I know from experience it is absolute hell to have someone drive too near your tank. I managed to make over 1600 damage in this battle - but my stats are still severely suffering from that time back then, I think it was 2012. I love this game. Mr. LAG did not drive me away - but I made sure my computer will not - should not fall in front of him. WG please try to figure out what causes this. Some say online their game runs better after the updates - but this battle I here describe - both ALL the enemy and our team was SCREAMING and CURSING the lag we had in that battle. Needless to say I did not fight any more battles last night due to this experience.

2. At some point - recently - something was changed about the system to ask for firing assistance. NOT FOR BETTER. This is a great way to point out for your team the enemy who is or will soon be in a good position to be shoot. However - now if you miss-click it SCREAMS to ATTACK. This has already and WILL cause less experienced team mates do just that - ATTACK - even when it is a big mistake - when it was not intended to tell people to attack. (I have re-configured my keys a bit and use E for asking the assistance - being a woman, my hands are bit smaller so I find it more reachable there. I have checked though - it is not about my choice of key configuration.) It is the form of communication on the battle field I use the most. Sure I click it few times until I actually hit the command on the intended tank - especially when the target is bit tricky to catch. But that does not result to constant spamming - IF - the missing the click on that tank WOULD NOT cause those commands to attack. Just make it say nothing in the battle chat if you do not manage to hit the dammed tank to ask for get the assistance on. It is way too sensitive to stop from active use for 5 seconds - but that I do not care about. What annoys me is the MISS INFORMATION given to my team due to this silly feature. This does not happen just to me. It happens to my clan mates and my husband - who all have either regular key settings or a keypad. It has nothing to do with configurations - it just happens.

3. Platooning notification. If I start a battle in a platoon - I know I am in a platoon and do NOT need to be told that I am in one during the battle. I do not want to hear 'platoon is created' - referring to my own platoon - even several times during the same battle. I do not want to be constantly told that I can use chat by pressing Q - or open it for use by some means. I have it closed because I use RAZER for communicating with my clan.

I may write bit expressively there, but it is just my personality. I really hope WG would address these issues seriously.

Aww yes forgot to add.. the battle timer will now actually run out to 00:00 BEFORE the battle actually ends. HEHE - such confusion this causes !

Edited by Geforge, 11 August 2016 - 01:06 PM.

BP_OMowe #26 Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:06 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24764 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostRustybolt, on 11 August 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

Agree.....clock in garage.........also.....totally remove cheaters paradise res mod folder, limit gold rounds stowable per tank per battle and give option to publically hide stats.

I think this would help level up the playing field a bit and help prevent the horrible stat critique 'noob-bashing' in chat.

Also the Unicums wouldn't be secretly raging/ QQ-ing because their WN8 dropped a couple of points(we all know you do;)) as no-one could see. Win win.

Problem isn't the res-mods folder, but that the EU-server for some unexplainable reason does not enforce the prohibitions against cheating, much less care to name forbidden mods.

If someone prefer to have female faces, quick-buttons for the garage interfaces or a different look on my sights is hardly to be called cheating.

Slownes_s #27 Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10080 battles

View PostRustybolt, on 11 August 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

Agree.....clock in garage.........also.....totally remove cheaters paradise res mod folder, limit gold rounds stowable per tank per battle and give option to publically hide stats.

I think that premium ammunition isn't one of the biggest problems in game. However, it is still strange that APCR does as much damage as regular AP shell even if APCR is a sub-caliber round.

Public statistics are actually very useful feature. It is shame that they are not used in matchmaking like in many other network games.

BP_OMowe #28 Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:17 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24764 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-
While I'm concerned about the drop of server connections during loading and the mysterious lag which does not drop the ping displayed, I must say I'm rather pleased that WG makes these micro-patches to fix issues. Please keep them coming!

jagdcommander #29 Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41407 battles

View PostRustybolt, on 11 August 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

I think this would help level up the playing field a bit and help prevent the horrible stat critique 'noob-bashing' in chat.

Also the Unicums wouldn't be secretly raging/ QQ-ing because their WN8 dropped a couple of points(we all know you do;)) as no-one could see. Win win.

Excellent proposals! If I can just add fog of war to the list so that we don't know what tanks are on the enemy team (or the stats of the driver) until they are spotted, that would make the game perfect.

_Sig_ #30 Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21702 battles

Wargaming I can live without mods. Just put one thing that is essential for me - CORRECT THE ARTILLERY CROSSHAIR IN THE SATELLITE VIEW. Seriously, whose bright idea was to put the distance in small BLACK font on top? I mean it is an essential information, especially when leading targets and slow shelles for arty. Make ony other colour than black (ideal would be white with black outline - aalways visible), make it bigger and/or put in to the right of the ring (like in the Jimbo sight).

I always baffled me that there are so many useless settings for the aiming circle in the options, but none for the arty. Mostl maps are dark, and that black font displaying distance is simply hard to see.

Titanium_Ghost #31 Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 60692 battles
  • [HOR-S] HOR-S

I have started to use less and less mods ... my last modpack was from Quickybaby. But ...

Once WG starts to launch more and more smaller and smaller patches, I won´t be able to play with any modpack due to constant need for changes.

( .... Ok, I won´t need xvm probably, as cca 80% players are red, nothing important will be changed soon, etc. ... so ... I can say to myself: "Who cares about micropatching ...". )

BP_OMowe #32 Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:29 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24764 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostSlownes_s, on 11 August 2016 - 01:09 PM, said:

I think that premium ammunition isn't one of the biggest problems in game. However, it is still strange that APCR does as much damage as regular AP shell even if APCR is a sub-caliber round.

Public statistics are actually very useful feature. It is shame that they are not used in matchmaking like in many other network games.

It is a big problem when it gets spammed (look no further than Quicky-baby's videos), as it negates one of the three fundamentals in tank design, namely armour (the other two being firepower and mobility). This means tanks who sacrificed firepower and mobility for increased armour protection suddenly made that sacrifice without any benefits and thus unbalancing the game.

The solution is, like you and many others have pointed out, not to remove the premium ammo, but to lower the damage so the player using them have to make an inbattle trade-off as well.

Public stats should be voluntary. Should the MM manage to actually balance the tanks in the respective teams  a lot would be gained.

_Sig_ #33 Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21702 battles

View PostGeforge, on 11 August 2016 - 12:24 PM, said:

2. At some point - recently - something was changed about the system to ask for firing assistance. NOT FOR BETTER. This is a great way to point out for your team the enemy who is or will soon be in a good position to be shoot. However - now if you miss-click it SCREAMS to ATTACK. This has already and WILL cause less experienced team mates do just that - ATTACK - even when it is a big mistake - when it was not intended to tell people to attack. (I have re-configured my keys a bit and use E for asking the assistance - being a woman, my hands are bit smaller so I find it more reachable there. I have checked though - it is not about my choice of key configuration.) It is the form of communication on the battle field I use the most. Sure I click it few times until I actually hit the command on the intended tank - especially when the target is bit tricky to catch. But that does not result to constant spamming - IF - the missing the click on that tank WOULD NOT cause those commands to attack. Just make it say nothing in the battle chat if you do not manage to hit the dammed tank to ask for get the assistance on. It is way too sensitive to stop from active use for 5 seconds - but that I do not care about. What annoys me is the MISS INFORMATION given to my team due to this silly feature. This does not happen just to me. It happens to my clan mates and my husband - who all have either regular key settings or a keypad. It has nothing to do with configurations - it just happens.

YES. This is so annoying. I'm playing arty so quite often I am using the key for the "attacking target" (same as need fire support) to informa people on what I am focusing, or to tell theidiot hugging the enemy to watch out and stop moving. Often the result is Attack, which is just stupid.

Gremlin182 #34 Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:34 PM

General

• Player
  • 55369 battles

Micropatch made the mods go away, pity really I just got my gun reticle back default zoom and auto aim and now its back to square one ;).

Oh well, at least the micro patch fixed the start problem and the battle clock and the random disconnections.

Oh wait no it didn't.

Trying a completely new install of the game but if that fails to fix it then its down to wargaming.

My system and internet connection have improved since I started playing and I was on the test server for 15.1 without problem.

Since 15.1 went live its been problem on top of problem

Geforge #35 Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29337 battles
  • [-P4-] -P4-

View PostBP_OMowe, on 11 August 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

While I'm concerned about the drop of server connections during loading and the mysterious lag which does not drop the ping displayed, I must say I'm rather pleased that WG makes these micro-patches to fix issues. Please keep them coming!

Yes it is good they do fix things - which is why I wanted to write somewhere about the issues I think are most concerning at the moment. Where it comes to 'gold/premium' amo, public stats or generally mods - well 'gold' is part of WG income. I do not have premium account, or mods, but know well enough when I am hit with something that makes a bigger hole.. lol. We all can buy those shells even with regular credits - I option not to. I have tried, but if I put any on the tank - I still forget to use them - unless I already run out of the regular amo. But the funny things aside - while I would wish there was something that did something about the 'gold spamming' (do not really believe it will happen) - I do think having no lag would be more important. I also happen to think that when one does not have a premium tank it is slightly too difficult to make enough credits to be able to practice the higher tier tanks - which are really expensive to fix. I am fine now after someone kindly gifted me a premium med - but some of my play-mates are not so lucky. I have nothing against having to grind a bit to get there, but to me it seems more so make people not willing to go forward to higher tiers and even feel like stopping to play, because they have credit issues. Public stats - and those mods cause much more people to 'find it's useless to try' or 'make the mistake of thinking it will be easy' - than actually think about how to play. But I don't care about that as much as if some ingame communication feature causes unintended misinformation given to the team. Mods - well - I think I once wrote that they could well merge the most useful 'mod features' to the game itself - like they did very nicely add the circles for the mini map to see how far you can actually see - and the get rid of the mods folder. But I do not except these kind of changes. The smaller big things like several players having extensive lag at the moment should actually be alarming for WG. I really really want to return on the battle field and not get stuck to everything while attempting to do my part.

Cobra6 #36 Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postguest273, on 11 August 2016 - 10:23 AM, said:

But a clock is not needed if you don't play full-screen mode. And also using ts3/skype is easier without alt tabbing. (P.S. WoWP has an in-game hangar clock already :teethhappy:)

I have 3 monitors so I play games on the centre one. Side monitors don't have a clock though so the one in the garage is a good addition.

Cobra 6

Thrael7 #37 Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24177 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Interesting! I was expecting a useless micropatch as always concerning premium shop offers and the new FaceSit thing. Since 9.15.1 is a bona fide bugzilla you'd better focus on that.

Dexatroph #38 Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:18 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 47519 battles
Well, its good to see that you worked on the minimap to get rid off these excessive big vehicle icons and names, but by now they look too small. Something in between would be the right thing to do. 

BadPlayerEU #39 Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10146 battles
What do you have against XVM and mods? Cos this patch is not about fixing stuff. You brought this sht so xvm will stop working again. I don't like cheating and I don't intent to do so. XVM is not cheating and if i use a better crosshair than your shty ones I don't get an unfair advantage, I just take some of your crap off. Having someone improve the game for you must make you mad I think. 

Ghost1911 #40 Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15068 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK
WG why the heck so small icons on mini map,first was to big, now to small,i have to zoom in half size map on my monitor to read the map where is what?? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users