AMX CDC - Is it worth it? / Should it get buffed?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

paper_tiger_pH #41 Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 41887 battles

View PostThebodoms, on 06 May 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

I had a quit from WoT in 2012 and allways wanted to own a CDC since then.Cuz when i was playing tier 5-6's the tank was looking like a  limousine.

So i came back to WoT this year got myself a limo and guess what? 

You found out that its pretty poor and the aimbots mean you get ammoracked everytime you get hit?

Seriously - I keep having games where I get ammoracked 2 or 3 times.   crap

gunslingerXXX #42 Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:32 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11984 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View Postpaper_tiger_pH, on 21 May 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

You found out that its pretty poor and the aimbots mean you get ammoracked everytime you get hit?

Seriously - I keep having games where I get ammoracked 2 or 3 times.   crap

True. Safe stowage and wet ammo rack combined do help though. Not getting hit works even better, but I have to admit the huge size and slow aiming do not help in this respect. Still, I find the CDC a fun tank to drive and it makes decent credits.

Zoltan1251 #43 Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12764 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostEila_Juutilainen, on 25 October 2016 - 08:15 AM, said:

Statistically speaking, it seems to score a WR pretty much the same as the average of the player except for sub-50% players with slightly pulling into a positive at higher WRs. That's decent. If a tank's WR is higher than the players, the tank is overperforming, if it's lower the tank is bad. This is of course the playerbase, not single players.

T-34-3 is better than M4 Rev and Panther88 as well, though worse than Patton KR or T-54 Mod.1 which are both overperforming to the point of potentially being OP. It's actually not doing much worse than the Mutz.

Feel free to look for yourself: http://wot-news.com/...hina/Ch14_T34_3

CDC's graph is pretty sad, it actually does badly for good players: http://wot-news.com/...seur_de_char_46

i have 40% win rate in Patriot and 67% with Chi-ri.... proves nothing

Eokokok #44 Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:26 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18612 battles

View PostZoltan1251, on 25 May 2017 - 07:56 AM, said:

i have 40% win rate in Patriot and 67% with Chi-ri.... proves nothing

It proves more then enough, the one thing that is irrelevant is your anecdotal evidence based on lack of any knowledge of how numbers work in terms of statistics.

Zoltan1251 #45 Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12764 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostEokokok, on 25 May 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

It proves more then enough, the one thing that is irrelevant is your anecdotal evidence based on lack of any knowledge of how numbers work in terms of statistics.

exactly wrong.... "If a tank's WR is higher than the players, the tank is overperforming, if it's lower the tank is bad".... this is wrong statement... thats not how statistics work.... there are too many variables in play so you cannot say that with confidence.... good example is "net profit", it changes every few months, VASTLY... and not because tanks get buffed etc, but because its highly dependable on how many people are playing it and how good they are, there is nothing to do with calculations, every tank has the same

Eokokok #46 Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:56 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18612 battles
It is exactly correct due to sheer size of sample size.

Zoltan1251 #47 Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12764 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostEokokok, on 25 May 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

It is exactly correct due to sheer size of sample size.

he is talking about individual players.... that part is wrong... overall it has lower win rate than many tanks, thats what matters.... but i would narrow it down just how good it is among paper tanks, that is better comparison, because i bet that paper tanks have lower overall stats even among great players

Eokokok #48 Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:26 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18612 battles

Well, this stat of tank wr to player wr among all played games can be transferred to the general thought that you will most likely perform worse in this tank then you do overall.

Then again there is little to compare CDC to, since there are not many paper tanks that can be overmatched by same tier mediums... Still, CDC is bottom tier prem nowadays, would not recommend it to anyone. Revelation is much better tank after buffs.

Zoltan1251 #49 Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12764 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostEokokok, on 25 May 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

Well, this stat of tank wr to player wr among all played games can be transferred to the general thought that you will most likely perform worse in this tank then you do overall.

Then again there is little to compare CDC to, since there are not many paper tanks that can be overmatched by same tier mediums... Still, CDC is bottom tier prem nowadays, would not recommend it to anyone. Revelation is much better tank after buffs.

agreed there are much better premiums in terms of game carry power but i would not totally put it in the garbage category... just because people like me have love for fast ridge brawlers whatever tank it may be.... and  just because of the speed its FUN and thats why we play games isnt it?....

Eokokok #50 Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:44 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18612 battles
True, then again I think that people should take the moral high ground and do not buy tank that is basically a marketing scheme bordering robbery due to hidden stats that make the so-called 30+ specific power a blunt lie.

VarzA #51 Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23611 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostEokokok, on 25 May 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

What hurts it the most is the relative size, with the armor, with the recent 9.18 buff to arty splash and aiming, and the final nail in the coffin being the horrible maps.

It's one saving grace is that on some maps (not all), you can actually switch flanks and live a tad longer, something the Revalorise simply can't do.

It needs a buff, the biggest problem is the gun though. If it was more capable of snapshotting, or had faster aim time, it would be ok.

It's power to weight with -10 degrees of gun depression, allows it to peak over ridges and plant a shot .... but this is where the aimtime, and the fact that being a french tank who needs to fully aim, really hurts it.

PS: I've been steadily increasing my dpg in it, but no matter what i do, i can't move up from 45% winrate in it (played it a lot right after 9.18 hit the server).

Edited by VarzA, 27 May 2017 - 04:47 PM.

Ylirynnakkojohtaja_late #52 Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19683 battles
This tank is a case of a formerly alright tank getting powercreeped to oblivion by the changes in the game. More corridor maps, more inbalanced heavy tanks at t8-10, arty splash radius and for me the biggest problem is the new match making that gives t8 tanks pretty much exclusively t9-10 games. In the t9-10 battles you cannot do anything even remotely aggressive or say meaningful - just hide and wait for opportunities. As the post above, I think the CDC needs a major buff in its firepower if it is to remain its physical dimensions and armor characteristics.

ScottishJunky #53 Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4154 battles
  • [D_G_M] D_G_M
To be honest I didn't even know this thread was still active, huh.

gunslingerXXX #54 Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11984 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostYlirynnakkojohtaja_late, on 09 July 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

This tank is a case of a formerly alright tank getting powercreeped to oblivion by the changes in the game. More corridor maps, more inbalanced heavy tanks at t8-10, arty splash radius and for me the biggest problem is the new match making that gives t8 tanks pretty much exclusively t9-10 games. In the t9-10 battles you cannot do anything even remotely aggressive or say meaningful - just hide and wait for opportunities. As the post above, I think the CDC needs a major buff in its firepower if it is to remain its physical dimensions and armor characteristics.

Fully agree. I bought the CDC as one and only premium for credits. Because of the high skill cap I thought it would remain interesting to play. However recent arty and MM changes simply murdered the CDC. People complaining about their defender or patriot always meet tier 9 and 10 tanks should really try the CDC for a change. Previously you had quite some tier 6 and 7 games where it can really shine. In the current meta however its a boring waiting game like TD's, with the major drawback that when you finally land a shot you only do 240 dmg...

Don't buy this one.

Statpadderer #55 Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25873 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
I think it quite funny that the op, an expert on the CDC, just posted this elsewhere :):

View PostScottishJunky, on 18 July 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

AMX CDC - How do I play this, do I use it as a TD? I really don't know I do about 1k avg damage in this thing and most of the time end up winning but I feel I could do more.

gunslingerXXX #56 Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:07 AM

Major

• Player
  • 11984 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostStatpadderer, on 19 July 2017 - 07:08 AM, said:

I think it quite funny that the op, an expert on the CDC, just posted this elsewhere :):

There is almost a full year between these posts, and I can tell you this has not been a good year (arty, MM) for the CDC.

Statpadderer #57 Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25873 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 19 July 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

There is almost a full year between these posts, and I can tell you this has not been a good year (arty, MM) for the CDC.

Don´t tell me, I barely drive mine anymore... :( 

Noo_Noo #58 Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:29 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22437 battles
Come back to mine recently. Works a lot better with BiA and food to boosts the skills more, particularly the dpm and snap shot. I'm still not great in it but a least I'm doing a little better than before.

I really felt the difference with this tank. 

ScottishJunky #59 Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4154 battles
  • [D_G_M] D_G_M

View PostStatpadderer, on 19 July 2017 - 07:08 AM, said:

Yes I realize this, I took a pretty long break and as already mentioned the new arty update kinda ruined the CDC for me I tried to bring the fun back to it but I really couldn't get it to work.

VarzA #60 Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23611 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 18 July 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

Fully agree. I bought the CDC as one and only premium for credits. Because of the high skill cap I thought it would remain interesting to play. However recent arty and MM changes simply murdered the CDC. People complaining about their defender or patriot always meet tier 9 and 10 tanks should really try the CDC for a change. Previously you had quite some tier 6 and 7 games where it can really shine. In the current meta however its a boring waiting game like TD's, with the major drawback that when you finally land a shot you only do 240 dmg...

Don't buy this one.

Personally i'm happy when i get into a t9-t10 game but then :

- 212 pen is not that high anymore. 212 pen in '15 is like 232 pen now.

- gun stats were good back then, but now with so many snapshotting guns, you are literally screwed .... also way more derp guns, who seem to be more accurate than this thing's gun.

The problem became apparent after 100+ games in the T25 pilot, i went for the 3rd set of skills/perks and then the reset to BIA. With BIA and vents the t25 pilot gun feels almost as accurate as this thing's gun (under 400m very near) .... but it has lower profile, better armor, can actually bounce stuff when hulldown, etc ...

- i almost miss the pre-9.18 days of map rotations, because when you got open maps for a while, you knew you would get open maps for a while. Today an open map rotation does not last, and the tank does not have the profile or the armor to allow for aggressive pushing of the game's tempo (which the t25 pilot can do).

- mobility is not good anymore; mobility helps you in 2 things :

1 --> peaking and shooting, can't be done that well anymore because of more derp and more snapshotting guns in the game

2 --> relocating .... the Lorr. 40t is more mobile than this tank when you get it going, and it has an autoloader, and some more armor, and 232pen with standard ammo which is a huuuuuge jump over 212.

I will continue playing this tank, i need the crew to reach 3rd set of skills/perks, it's my future amx 30 crew afterall .... but why WG ... what is wrong with you ?

In the past 7 months you have had a sale on the CDC at least twice, buffed the Revalorise to being one of the best t8 meds in the game, buffed the french td line, and changed the french lights to a better role .... when will it be CDC's turn ?

Edited by VarzA, 01 August 2017 - 01:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users