not a penny to you ever again

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

bigcitymama #1 Posted 21 August 2016 - 03:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37496 battles
  • [PBC] PBC

been lately frustarted with unreal skills of many players ,i can say the large majority!

nobody aims anymore,they hit directly even where autoaim is useless cause of obstacle cover,they hit where your 6th sence doesbt go on,they dont get damage to low plate,they repair(i got recent vidoe)in no more than a second(you can see the bar going up) ext.

so i went and  check in internet after a "friend" spoke me about war packs and found my self with a bending mouth!wtf is going on!cheats in all and in open!

selled in packs!

so that is the game that cant get hacked?

you fooled us and i was so srtupid to believe !

not a damn penny from me !i preffer to keep on playing HOMM3,or go back and play COD ,where everybody cheats honestly!

basin79 #2 Posted 21 August 2016 - 03:12 PM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles

View Postbigcitymama, on 21 August 2016 - 02:10 PM, said:

been lately frustarted with unreal skills of many players ,i can say the large majority!

nobody aims anymore,they hit directly even where autoaim is useless cause of obstacle cover,they hit where your 6th sence doesbt go on,they dont get damage to low plate,they repair(i got recent vidoe)in no more than a second(you can see the bar going up) ext.

so i went and  check in internet after a "friend" spoke me about war packs and found my self with a bending mouth!wtf is going on!cheats in all and in open!

selled in packs!

so that is the game that cant get hacked?

you fooled us and i was so srtupid to believe !

not a damn penny from me !i preffer to keep on playing HOMM3,or go back and play COD ,where everybody cheats honestly!

Good stuff. 

_Crusad3r_ #3 Posted 21 August 2016 - 03:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29087 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

EpicEU #4 Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26210 battles
  • [JDUN] JDUN

I guess I'm not the only one...

Don't really understand the business logic behind this though. Many people say that WG does it for money that they get from mod dev companies.

But my businessman "sixth sense" is telling me that you will loose a big portion of the player base due to not doing anything about it and that means loosing huge amounts of money.

Again, this game has the potential to be considered an e-sport(league of legends, dota, csgo,etc). Well with all that cheating going around, there is no chance of even thinking about it professionally.

So in the end it just gets me to think about one possibility: WOT might be developed in such a way that the code itself doesn't allow for implementing an anti-cheat without making major modifications  that would need a big investment.

Either way, being that you like it or not, your skilled player base is slowly dying and with this, unfortunately, so will the game.

And it's not like you can start all over. A company that failed in preventing cheating will never be able to make another game that the people will actually trust.

Pansenmann #5 Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33507 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

have a replay?

at least for the 6th sense claim?

_Crusad3r_ #6 Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:23 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29087 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostEpicEU, on 22 August 2016 - 02:43 PM, said:

I guess I'm not the only one...

Don't really understand the business logic behind this though. Many people say that WG does it for money that they get from mod dev companies.

But my businessman "sixth sense" is telling me that you will loose a big portion of the player base due to not doing anything about it and that means loosing huge amounts of money.

Again, this game has the potential to be considered an e-sport(league of legends, dota, csgo,etc). Well with all that cheating going around, there is no chance of even thinking about it professionally.

So in the end it just gets me to think about one possibility: WOT might be developed in such a way that the code itself doesn't allow for implementing an anti-cheat without making major modifications  that would need a big investment.

Either way, being that you like it or not, your skilled player base is slowly dying and with this, unfortunately, so will the game.

And it's not like you can start all over. A company that failed in preventing cheating will never be able to make another game that the people will actually trust.

Actually just so you know, for all E-sports related stuff like ESL and the WGL Pro League etc....you have to install ESL Wire which runs through your entire system and removes any mods or cheats. They use the same software for games like CSGO, Dota 2 etc. So cheating in Esports doesn't happen. Also whats this BS about the skilled player base dying? I am just going to guess that you got out played by a unicum and now you came here to cry. Also just so you know the game is growing on every server except NA where they have a much larger market to compete with. Games like Minecraft, CSGO etc are alot more popular over there than here in EU, SEA and RU. Although there are cheats and mods in this game, with 25% RNG it makes them so worthless. Also if you are a skilled enough player you can easily beat players with cheats and mods. So please, dont come here spreading your BS.

EpicEU #7 Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26210 battles
  • [JDUN] JDUN

View Post_Crusad3r_, on 23 August 2016 - 08:23 AM, said:

Actually just so you know, for all E-sports related stuff like ESL and the WGL Pro League etc....you have to install ESL Wire which runs through your entire system and removes any mods or cheats. They use the same software for games like CSGO, Dota 2 etc. So cheating in Esports doesn't happen. Also whats this BS about the skilled player base dying? I am just going to guess that you got out played by a unicum and now you came here to cry. Also just so you know the game is growing on every server except NA where they have a much larger market to compete with. Games like Minecraft, CSGO etc are alot more popular over there than here in EU, SEA and RU. Although there are cheats and mods in this game, with 25% RNG it makes them so worthless. Also if you are a skilled enough player you can easily beat players with cheats and mods. So please, dont come here spreading your BS.

It's not about getting outplayed, as a unicum should always deserve to  outplay someone with lesser skill.

The problem is that in multiplayer gaming, same as in sports, if there is no fairness, the competing feeling goes away. Just think about it like you would have to run in a marathon and you actually love doing this, but most of your competitors would get bicycles. You would go for it once or twice maybe, but your common sense would eventually tell you that what you are doing is pointless.

I love this game and its idea, but I think WG is doing it wrong in terms of preventing cheating. For me, a player that invested lots of money (thousands of $) in most multiplayer games that I played (lol, csgo, etc), just because they were worth it, I think that until this problem is sorted, I will continue to play wot for free and not invest money into it. Why would I pay for it after all?

And about those unicums, I just remembered something: look after each major patch at how "good" many of them are, hugging the red line or a bush, doing under 1k dmg, until their cheats get updated. It's always so fun to observe these things.

Xino9922 #8 Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:45 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16016 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

Ehh, still don't get why people claim "cheating"...

As far as I know, WG EU still hasn't been arsed to release a list of "illegal" mods, thus indicating that all client-side mods are fine, and not considered cheating. 

WG NA on the hand, they've actually released a list of what they consider as "illegal mods"

But this is not the NA server, and THIS HERE is WG EU's official statement:

https://eu.wargaming...kb/articles/417

And unlike call of duty that some of you mentioned as an example, cheating there is possible because part of the match is calculated client-side. That doesn't happen in world of tanks, all calculations regarding penetration, reload time, tank speed, etc. is done server-side. You game client is basically just a dumb remote viewer that renders visually what the server tells it to (and display information to you as a player, but there is a lot of things that the server sends out that isn't visible in the vanilla UI), and provides information to the server about your control inputs. 

If you still want to dispute this fact, I'd be more than happy to write an article explaining why this is the case. Hacking the servers is possible, but not something your average joe player can do, rather you will need a group of people, with skilled individuals and lots of computing resources. In fact, none of these groups bothers with this, because there is little to no money to be made from it. There are far more valuable targets for groups who are able to do this, you know, like banks and financial institutions

Edited by Xino9922, 23 August 2016 - 10:46 AM.

EpicEU #9 Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26210 battles
  • [JDUN] JDUN

Hello Xino9922, I would truly love if that "oficial statement" would be true.

Unfortunately, every each player that will play wot for longer than a week will see the harsh reality.

Let me name you a few: lasers that show the cheater where you are pointing your gun at, aimbot that gives proper lead for shooting fast moving target accurately, aimbot that targets weak spots, mod that shows you the enemies on the map even if they are not spotted, mod that allows you to spot, shoot and get behind cover before you are being spotted(I've seen this with my own eyes). I used to play world of battleships and there was the same scenario: cheats that can aim for you, giving the correct lead so that you hit almost every time(and in that game it is damn critical if you can do this).

So in theory, what you are saying is nice and I would be excited if it was true, but it is not. Check on youtube and you will find hundreds of videos regarding this.

Many people(probably cheaters themselves) will say that we cry about this. We don't! We actually want to expose these things, because we love this game and hope of a better, cheat-free, future for it.

_Crusad3r_ #10 Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:36 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29087 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
Really? You think Unicums get their stats by redlining? :teethhappy: Please, go watch someone like Quickybaby, Orzanel or Circon. You cannot redline to get purple stats.....

Xino9922 #11 Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:16 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16016 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostEpicEU, on 23 August 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

Hello Xino9922, (1)I would truly love if that "oficial statement" would be true.

(2) Unfortunately, every each player that will play wot for longer than a week will see the harsh reality.

Let me name you a few: (3)lasers that show the cheater where you are pointing your gun at, (4)aimbot that gives proper lead for shooting fast moving target accurately, (5)aimbot that targets weak spots, (6)mod that shows you the enemies on the map even if they are not spotted, (7)mod that allows you to spot, shoot and get behind cover before you are being spotted(I've seen this with my own eyes). (8)I used to play world of battleships and there was the same scenario: cheats that can aim for you, giving the correct lead so that you hit almost every time(and in that game it is damn critical if you can do this).

So in theory, what you are saying is nice and I would be excited if it was true, but it is not. (9)Check on youtube and you will find hundreds of videos regarding this.

Many people(probably cheaters themselves) will say that we cry about this. We don't! We actually want to expose these things, because we love this game and hope of a better, cheat-free, future for it.

1) Hmm, pretty sure it is :sceptic:

2) Played it for over five years... :hiding:

3) Actually looking at the enemy's tank will also get you that information, especially when playing on a larger screen than 13 inches

4) Pretty sure it's worse than the aim of a good player

5) See point 4

6) Observing falling trees can also give you that information, all that mod does is make that information more accessible. Fair enough, there was this case with such a mod a while back, but it required a player on both teams to have it in order to function properly, which the chance for is fairly small, to say the least. But both teams then have that information, not just one team, so it's still "fair". But it's the only thing I think can be defined as "cheating" here, really. 

7) Still a possibility to do without the mod, you just have to keep in mind what sort of tank you have, what sort of tank the enemies have and their view range, camo factors and such. If, let' say, you're like me and used to crushing large amount of data manually this is easy. All the mod does is make this information more accessible for the average joe player who doesn't have that sort of mental processing capabilities and good memory (basically, show me your password once and I'll remember it for the rest of my life). 

8) It showed you where to aim to get the most likely chance of a citadel, yes... Still, having knowlegde of the ships and manually aiming does the same thing, so is being a better player and knowing how to aim "cheating" then?

9) Same as with those "reload timer hack" video's, aka completely fake? Please do link me some of those in a pm, I would like to scientifically analyze them. Most likely they are either faked, or use the mods above. Other than that, learn to be critical of what you find. "there is a youtube video of it" does not make make anything true... and anything on the internet can be faked, keep this in mind. 

And no, "there is a youtube video of it" is not scientific proof.

Cheating in any game is bad, but mods that feed you more information that is usually available in the client anyway, if you look for, it is not really cheating. Wallhacks and such, that is probably cheating. Things like that doesn't really work in a server side game, so WG's "there are no cheats" statement is technically true. What you personally define as cheats though, is up to you, but that's your opinion and not everyone will agree with you on that. But, it's actually down to the game publisher to define what they consider cheats in their game. If you don't agree with it, too bad, there is nothing you can do about it. 

Edit: grammar

Now, back to what I was doing, reverse-engeneering Microsoft Edge

Edited by Xino9922, 23 August 2016 - 04:24 PM.

Finlander #12 Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31312 battles

View PostXino9922, on 23 August 2016 - 02:16 PM, said:

1) Hmm, pretty sure it is :sceptic:

2) Played it for over five years... :hiding:

3) Actually looking at the enemy's tank will also get you that information, especially when playing on a larger screen than 13 inches

4) Pretty sure it's worse than the aim of a good player

5) See point 4

6) Observing falling trees can also give you that information, all that mod does is make that information more accessible. Fair enough, there was this case with such a mod a while back, but it required a player on both teams to have it in order to function properly, which the chance for is fairly small, to say the least. But both teams then have that information, not just one team, so it's still "fair". But it's the only thing I think can be defined as "cheating" here, really. 

7) Still a possibility to do without the mod, you just have to keep in mind what sort of tank you have, what sort of tank the enemies have and their view range, camo factors and such. If, let' say, you're like me and used to crushing large amount of data manually this is easy. All the mod does is make this information more accessible for the average joe player who doesn't have that sort of mental processing capabilities and good memory (basically, show me your password once and I'll remember it for the rest of my life). 

8) It showed you where to aim to get the most likely chance of a citadel, yes... Still, having knowlegde of the ships and manually aiming does the same thing, so is being a better player and knowing how to aim "cheating" then?

9) Same as with those "reload timer hack" video's, aka completely fake? Please do link me some of those in a pm, I would like to scientifically analyze them. Most likely they are either faked, or use the mods above. Other than that, learn to be critical of what you find. "there is a youtube video of it" does not make make anything true... and anything on the internet can be faked, keep this in mind. 

And no, "there is a youtube video of it" is not scientific proof.

Cheating in any game is bad, but mods that feed you more information that is usually available in the client anyway, if you look for, it is not really cheating. Wallhacks and such, that is probably cheating. Things like that doesn't really work in a server side game, so WG's "there are no cheats" statement is technically true. What you personally define as cheats though, is up to you, but that's your opinion and not everyone will agree with you on that. But, it's actually down to the game publisher to define what they consider cheats in their game. If you don't agree with it, too bad, there is nothing you can do about it. 

Edit: grammar

Now, back to what I was doing, reverse-engeneering Microsoft Edge

Edited by Finlander, 24 August 2016 - 03:49 PM.

bigcitymama #13 Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37496 battles
  • [PBC] PBC

and that was all...

you want replays ?check internet ! i got some but i wont get bothered!

[Just think about it like you would have to run in a marathon and you actually love doing this, but most of your competitors would get bicycles. You would go for it once or twice maybe, but your common sense would eventually tell you that what you are doing is pointless.] and that was the only logical reflexion,worth as an answear,iv seen! thanks to EPIC!

havent played sisnce and i wont participate in a cheaters game anymore.

as for the economic part of the matter= i remember how hard it was to convince my kids not to cheat when playing games(they are in their 20s+ now).

kids are the best clients in virtual games and many many more than adultes and they just love cheating by nature,cause cheating is real fun for them.

they find competing boring,especialy when they realise they cant be on the top.

people in majority dont like to work hard to get better and thats why theres cheat and thats a bitter fact in life.

in our days away from war and hard life its very difficult or would i say impossible for the majority living in that reality to maturize and their deny on the facts is our new logic!

Strappster #14 Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:20 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostXino9922, on 23 August 2016 - 09:45 AM, said:

Ehh, still don't get why people claim "cheating"...

Because ...

View PostEpicEU, on 23 August 2016 - 09:33 AM, said:

It's not about getting outplayed, as a unicum should always deserve to  outplay someone with lesser skill.

While some players still have that attitude, they'll continue to claim anyone they feel shouldn't hit them must be cheating because they can't accept that they made a mistake. Ironically, thinking that they 'deserve' to outplay someone is probably what gets them shot in the first place. :rolleyes:

FreeFochArmy #15 Posted 02 September 2016 - 06:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 125 battles

View PostXino9922, on 23 August 2016 - 10:45 AM, said:

WG NA on the hand, they've actually released a list of what they consider as "illegal mods"

It's rubbish. 

You pretty much have to be streaming to get sanctioned for prohibited mods. That list is about as useful as the "employees must wash hands before returning to work" signs in the bathroom of a restaurant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users