Jump to content


Batignolles-Châtillon 25t


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
470 replies to this topic

Mzabalazo #1 Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:43 AM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 6806 battles
  • 116
  • Member since:
    11-26-2010
Posted Image

Here it is in all its glory and power. The Batignolles-Châtillon 25t.

This tank haven't been discussed yet, although it seems soooooooo promising.

25 ton may suggest good acceleration. Achieving 65km/h with 90mm cannon, tier 8 is also decent HP and don't forget autoloader. According to the article found by Leucha, the initial speed of projectile will hit 1000m/s. I'm no tank expert, but for me this appears to possess great penetration potential.

It also seems to have a lower profile than Lorraine 40t ---> big advantage.

The Batignolles-Châtillon 25t. is my main goal in French tree.

Tell me what you think. Over and out.

theta0123 #2 Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:00 AM

    Brigadier

  • Beta Tester
  • 8047 battles
  • 4,481
  • [FHA] FHA
  • Member since:
    07-08-2010
for comparision, the 12.8cm has 935 M/S

lighter shell with more velocity=more penetration

it indeed is a TRES sexy tank. Looks like a boss :)

Waroch #3 Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:45 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 9689 battles
  • 3,332
  • Member since:
    11-18-2010
one thing worries me though : this 90mm gun will also be the one of the ARL44. Now on T6 heavy, there is also a 90mm armed heavy tank : the infamous M6.

Problem : IIRC, the 90mm M3 of the M6 "heavy" had a c° of ~850 m/s, which translates in game with an average penetration of 160mm.

So the Schneider 90mm SA45 would be what? 200mm more or less... How could that not be OP on a T6 heavy with 120mm frontal armor?
And if they do nerf it, the BatChat will introduce the interesting concept of a glass canon armed with a blowgun. Without the camo advantage of the AMX 13 light tank :mellow:

I'm actually more worried for this tank than the Lorraine 40t

Gigaton #4 Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:24 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 4675 battles
  • 860
  • Member since:
    11-11-2010
Assuming the muzzle velocity is correct and means the AP(C/CBC) projectile, the long 88 would be the closest comparison assuming their shell weight to diameter ratio is roughly comparable as well.

If it means some kind of subcaliber munition, then 90mm M3 would seem likely comparison. But even if it gets just the French equivalent of the US 90mm it still has the autoloader.

theta0123 #5 Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:53 PM

    Brigadier

  • Beta Tester
  • 8047 battles
  • 4,481
  • [FHA] FHA
  • Member since:
    07-08-2010
lets hope people wont abuse the HE spamming

they probaly will

Still...25 tonnes.. Lets say 28 tonnes with upgrades... 65 KM/H
This tank will make the Pershing Useless

Mzabalazo #6 Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:53 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 6806 battles
  • 116
  • Member since:
    11-26-2010
And it was written somewhere that French tanks will have great accuracy on the move?

With all these benefits I'm sure the tank will be respected ;)

theta0123 #7 Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:58 PM

    Brigadier

  • Beta Tester
  • 8047 battles
  • 4,481
  • [FHA] FHA
  • Member since:
    07-08-2010
i hope the French mediums and lights are as epic as the TF2 scout  :Smile_honoring:



Leucha #8 Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:07 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 16942 battles
  • 85
  • [CPC] CPC
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View PostMzabalazo, on 27 September 2011 - 02:53 PM, said:

And it was written somewhere that French tanks will have great accuracy on the move?

With all these benefits I'm sure the tank will be respected ;)


Well, I'm not that sure. I've read, because of the oscilatting turret, these tanks were unable to fit with gun stabilisators.

Souroy #9 Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:22 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 11133 battles
  • 605
  • Member since:
    07-02-2010

View PostGigaton, on 27 September 2011 - 01:24 PM, said:

Assuming the muzzle velocity is correct and means the AP(C/CBC) projectile, the long 88 would be the closest comparison assuming their shell weight to diameter ratio is roughly comparable as well.
If it means some kind of subcaliber munition, then 90mm M3 would seem likely comparison. But even if it gets just the French equivalent of the US 90mm it still has the autoloader.
The 1000 m/s was with normal AP rounds (700 m/s with HE). A project of tungsten core shell was planned to be around 1130 m/s.

The French army of this era (1944~1950) was somewhat obsessed by having guns which achieved a velocity of at least 1000 m/s (90mm SA45, 120mm SA46, 100mm SA47, 75mm SA50).

Exceptions:
75mm SA44 (V°715 m/s) - Post-war development of the 75mm TAZ Mle1939.
75mm SA45 (V°550 m/s) - Planned to upgrade the old AMD Panhard 178 (never done, they were fitted with the 47mm SA35 instead).
75mm SA49 (V°600 m/s) - Used in the colonies where AP capabilities weren't important.


@ Theta:
Spoiler                     
:ph34r:

theta0123 #10 Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:55 PM

    Brigadier

  • Beta Tester
  • 8047 battles
  • 4,481
  • [FHA] FHA
  • Member since:
    07-08-2010
SOUROY IS F*********** ******** CREDIT TO TEAM!

Leucha #11 Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:04 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 16942 battles
  • 85
  • [CPC] CPC
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011
What "SA" means ? Is this caliber ?

Sotahullu #12 Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:19 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 15540 battles
  • 684
  • Member since:
    10-15-2010

View PostLeucha, on 27 September 2011 - 04:04 PM, said:

What "SA" means ? Is this caliber ?


I think it means the "Active Service" or something like, but it means the year it was adted to service.

Souroy #13 Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:22 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 11133 battles
  • 605
  • Member since:
    07-02-2010

View PostLeucha, on 27 September 2011 - 04:04 PM, said:

What "SA" means ? Is this caliber ?
Semi-automatique - Semi-automatic

But not in the sense of a semi-automatic rifle like the MAS 49.
It was in fact to indicate that the shell and the propellant were not separated on the contrary of some bigger and/or older guns (for example the 122mm of the IS-2).

In the end we have something like this:
Canon semi-automatique de 47mm modèle 1935 - 47mm semi-automatic gun model 1935
Aka 47mm SA35

Mzabalazo #14 Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:51 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 6806 battles
  • 116
  • Member since:
    11-26-2010

View PostSouroy, on 27 September 2011 - 05:22 PM, said:

Semi-automatique - Semi-automatic

But not in the sense of a semi-automatic rifle like the MAS 49.
It was in fact to indicate that the shell and the propellant were not separated on the contrary of some bigger and/or older guns (for example the 122mm of the IS-2).

In the end we have something like this:
Canon semi-automatique de 47mm modèle 1935 - 47mm semi-automatic gun model 1935
Aka 47mm SA35

Nice knowledge mate, thanks for clearing this up.

The_Grifter #15 Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 19565 battles
  • 65
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostLeucha, on 27 September 2011 - 03:07 PM, said:

Well, I'm not that sure. I've read, because of the oscilatting turret, these tanks were unable to fit with gun stabilisators.

In fact, the oscillating turret system is a stabilisator by itself, but it should take a lot of space to explain. Let's just say that the hydraulic power of the turret acts as a vertical stab on its own. See it as integrated as part of the mechanism that controls elevation of the gun.

Squadman45 #16 Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:06 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 47860 battles
  • 2,810
  • Member since:
    01-20-2011

View PostThe_Grifter, on 28 September 2011 - 09:51 AM, said:

In fact, the oscillating turret system is a stabilisator by itself, but it should take a lot of space to explain. Let's just say that the hydraulic power of the turret acts as a vertical stab on its own. See it as integrated as part of the mechanism that controls elevation of the gun.

Maybe the tank dont have the stabilizer module BUT use other to reduce turret breaks, i feel that these tanks are going to be very vulnerable to hits on turret, speciall HE shoots.

The tank looks interesting but until que know the final values for it...

Mzabalazo #17 Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:13 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 6806 battles
  • 116
  • Member since:
    11-26-2010

View PostSquadman45, on 28 September 2011 - 11:06 AM, said:

Maybe the tank dont have the stabilizer module BUT use other to reduce turret breaks, i feel that these tanks are going to be very vulnerable to hits on turret, speciall HE shoots.

The tank looks interesting but until que know the final values for it...

This is where auto-aimed shots go at. I don't believe they will gimp French tanks to such a degree.

del500780009 #18 Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:49 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 1 battle
  • 950
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011
It looks really cool. B) It will be one of the best looking tanks in the game, that's for sure. I'll wait a bit with the analysis of its performance though...

Doppelgangerk #19 Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:11 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    07-16-2010
Love this dude more then the gaint lorriane 40t, what about switch it to tier 9?

Deleted_User_spa_746415 #20 Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:52 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 217
  • Member since:
    06-24-2011
Le bonk, le boink  is the french medium's battle cry...




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users