gamescom 2016: Summary

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:12 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
gamescom this year was ripe with juicy information about the future of World of Tanks - here's a handy summary of what was announced.

Full news text

pmakins #2 Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 45602 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Half of this is a load of rubbish...

_HakunaMatata_ #3 Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 56796 battles

WG, why the hell don't you remove XVM from the game? What type of brain does someone have to have NOT to understand that XVM is a clear cheat. Why would enemy team know who I am and hit me only? 8/10 games people hit me and kill me because of that stupid XVM. Why should we not all be the same? Why should I be the main target for everyone because of my stats?

In many cases I was with my T-54 next to a IS-4. Arry hits me and when I ask why me and not IS-4, he is very clear on this and says because IS-4 is orange and I am blue. That means I can be more a threat with my T-54 than a IS-4.

WHERE THE HELL IS THE FUN IN THIS STUPID GAME WHEN YOU ARE DELIBERATELY BEING ATTACKED BECAUSE OF STUPID XVM.?

When I play with my FV202 and I get in tier 10. People in tier 9 and 10, be it in arty or tanks and TDs, will ALWAYS want me dead because of XVM.

IF XVM IS ALLOWED TO EXIST THEN THIS GAME IS STUPID AS HELL.

Schemezoid #4 Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:53 PM

Major

• Player
  • 20128 battles

Most maps are being reworked... To what End? Some of the maps have been gone for years. Takes 8 months to build a map... By

who?

And how about downtuning mods?

Or actually fixing the mm?

I do hope the swedish tree has no autoloaders. This game really needs less of them, not More

Edited by Schemezoid, 22 August 2016 - 08:54 PM.

OberstOkkie #5 Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25807 battles
  • [_DJD_] _DJD_

I was Saturday on Gamescom, but It was the same crap as every year. A lot of screaming on the stage, yelling at the crowd. First people on the left, then people on the right, then people in the middle need to scream. Again, again and again. And the presenters found themselves a lot of fun. 

What a useless performance. Lot of noise, minor announcements, and no playable new versions, only the actual versions. On other stands we had the opportunity to see and play new versions. What is the use of WOT at Gamescom when you only scream and has no new playable games to try. I can play WOT better at home. Useless.

Edited by OberstOkkie, 22 August 2016 - 10:09 PM.

Verdius #6 Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2423 battles

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/gamescom/gamescom-2016-summary/#developers

FischWill there be unified Premium Accounts (currency and time) for all Wargaming games?

A: We already have unified Premium Accounts for our PC “World of” titles, so all fans of these games can purchase Premium Account safe in the knowledge that the amount is shared between them. As for the in-game currency, we have considered it, but it is difficult to introduce unified currencies in different MMO projects because they all have different life cycles and economies, so for the time being we plan to keep these separate.

http://wargaming.com/en/games/world-of-warships/about

Part of the WG.Net Universe:
The WG.net ID account will give you instant access to all of WG's products and enable the sharing of Gold and Free Experience points.

False advertising much? Something that is being considered is can not be used as a selling point. Warplanes apparently only got shared gold because the game bombed harder than the Little boy and Fat man.

Max_Calibre #7 Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19387 battles
  • [T-OG] T-OG

New Paris Map

Only Heavy Tank players will be happy with yet another corridor - city map

> and so which of the good Open Maps will be removed to make way for another brawling City Map

when WG can be bothered that is, to give us 1 new Map (yay) and then remove 2 Open Maps from the game at the same time (sigh another nail in the games coffin

> more Maps have been removed or Deleted from WOT than the actual Maps in the game now

why?

Aoishi #8 Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18999 battles
  • [VO1D] VO1D

View Post_HakunaMatata_, on 22 August 2016 - 07:25 PM, said:

WG, why the hell don't you remove XVM from the game? What type of brain does someone have to have NOT to understand that XVM is a clear cheat. Why would enemy team know who I am and hit me only? 8/10 games people hit me and kill me because of that stupid XVM. Why should we not all be the same? Why should I be the main target for everyone because of my stats?

In many cases I was with my T-54 next to a IS-4. Arry hits me and when I ask why me and not IS-4, he is very clear on this and says because IS-4 is orange and I am blue. That means I can be more a threat with my T-54 than a IS-4.

WHERE THE HELL IS THE FUN IN THIS STUPID GAME WHEN YOU ARE DELIBERATELY BEING ATTACKED BECAUSE OF STUPID XVM.?

When I play with my FV202 and I get in tier 10. People in tier 9 and 10, be it in arty or tanks and TDs, will ALWAYS want me dead because of XVM.

IF XVM IS ALLOWED TO EXIST THEN THIS GAME IS STUPID AS HELL.

Your argument is so valid. but there will always be modders. unless you disguise your stats.

i wrote it in comic sans cos why not

slippery_KT #9 Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24002 battles

while at gamescom 2016 did anyone ask why your match making is so rigged to 1 side? If so did you try to delete them like you do everything else that mentions match making?

now that match making has been mentioned you can delete this thread. 

Gepard_PH #10 Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:32 AM

Publishing Producer

• WG Staff
  • 19439 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostOberstOkkie, on 22 August 2016 - 10:08 PM, said:

I was Saturday on Gamescom, but It was the same crap as every year. A lot of screaming on the stage, yelling at the crowd. First people on the left, then people on the right, then people in the middle need to scream. Again, again and again. And the presenters found themselves a lot of fun. 

What a useless performance. Lot of noise, minor announcements, and no playable new versions, only the actual versions. On other stands we had the opportunity to see and play new versions. What is the use of WOT at Gamescom when you only scream and has no new playable games to try. I can play WOT better at home. Useless.

I wouldn't say that announcement of a new nation coming to WoT is a minor thing. Also, Gamescom is great opportunity for people who don't know our games to discover them and try them out. For veteran players it's a chance to learn about the future plans for development, grab some free goodies or even win some more. Wargaming stand has a party-like feel to it every year, because we simply try to have fun together with players who visit our booth and celebrate gamescom.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users