Sandbox: 1st Iteration Review

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:50 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
The results of the initial stage of the tests are in - check them out!

Full news text

ceda333 #2 Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30290 battles
  • [SIZIF] SIZIF

So another "update" against TD's is on the way.  2 years straight only "upgrades" that favor sick amount of light tanks in the game .. map modifications for new new light tanks, view reduction for td's, famous tree chopping, and now maps will be 200x200m to promote close up "dynamic" match and accuracy reductions cos now they complain if someone can hit them over more then 100m when they jump from one carefully placed hill to another ..  Try fully to aim with 3s aiming time when someone is driving 70km/h and hills are spaced each 70m .. Remove TD's from game and compensate players !! This is **** .. Fix spotting algorithm , fix stupid 70deg bouncing irrespective of armor and shell , fix 0 dmg critical hits!!

In short goal 3 is lie, only 1 and 2 will be taken into account .. if you really implement that it will be final drop  .

arthurwellsley #3 Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:23 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 52122 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

I played sandbox.

From the front page it seems that WG has not differentiated between two different types of td. Those that could be termed "assault" and those that could be termed "support". Because of the map rotation on the sandbox I found myself playing assault td's, as with their armour they could manage the city maps. In comparison the bat chat medium had be nerfed to hell. I liked the nerf to spg alpha, but do not think it went far enough. I also think stun (crew injury) should be for a shorter period.

Illusmare #4 Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 38715 battles
I tried the sandbox server, played 2 battles, hated it and stopped testing. If those changes happen I will move on to some other game.

Edited by Illusmare, 26 August 2016 - 03:25 PM.

Temid23 #5 Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 54065 battles
  • [G-STR] G-STR

"Reduce the average distance of combat, favouring more intense close up battles and encouraging more dynamic gameplay over “pixel hunting” and “camping.”"

Yup sure ever1 who play this game just cant w8 to be forced to brawl with his stronq only right nation tank....

azgarOgly #6 Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24296 battles
  • [_AZ_] _AZ_

The changes where tested on a sandbox servers are very concerning.

New balance aims for making game more comfortable for "mediocre" players and punishing players who wish and can learn to play well.
Increasing of a "role" importance is against creative gameplay. Bad gun accuracy is against shooting skill and knowledge of weakspots.
Closing a battle distance promotes a role of reflexes an demotes thinking.
Changes into SPG mechanics finally made the class useless, whatever developers say about how great a Confundus spell is.
Efforts toward "improving balance and gameplay" are making game more and more arcade and killing a historical aspect.
There is a plenty of orcs-and-elves games there. We came to play tanks and I want them to remain tanks.

koditzadispater #7 Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32367 battles
  • [XIIIG] XIIIG

as a friend of mine said: i hope they eventually f&%t it completely, so that we can move with our hearts in peace to another game that can reward its players for the support.

as i stated in my previous comment about the first sandbox iteration, all changes they intend will be applied to the premium tanks too, point at which I (along with so many other players, i'm sure) will sue wargaming for being partially reimbursed for the products that i bought and that were changed without my express approval or consent. and for those of you not being aware of this, when you buy something, that product becomes yours, any change in its characteristics (even if included in an eula) means you have the right to claim your money back.

on short - sandbox implementation will result in wargaming ending wot business.

SanyaJuutilainen #8 Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20819 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostazgarOgly, on 26 August 2016 - 03:31 PM, said:

New balance aims for making game more comfortable for "mediocre" players and punishing players who wish and can learn to play well.

If you can play well, you can always find your place.

If you can't play well, you will leave the game.

There's a fine line between the game being accessible for everybody and the game being a closed party for the few chosen ones. And currently (pre-sandbox) it seems to go rather the latter way, with all the "I don't want red players ruining my randoms, let's keep them out of my game", low tier statpadding and other bad signs.

9andabreaker #9 Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3255 battles

I have to say, reading about the changes to the game that the sandbox wants to accomplish is pretty disturbing to read. 

1. If one of the goals is to have people not get punished for mistakes and getting killed instantly, then lets think about when does that happen the most? At tier 10?, or is it usually with early tier derp guns on hetzers, m4s, kv2s, all the retarded OI tanks, and arty hits. People really don't complain about the fv183/JPE 100 because you know whats going on by tier 10, and you can actually take cover against them, unlike arty.

2. People really don't want more brawling point blank maps. Seriously, every map now is pretty much half of it is unused, the other half is a point blank who's got the more heavy fest. Until they break out of that point, and then its who can flex the hardest by reading the map.

3. Scouting is pretty bad right now because of every map being a corridor map. 

4. Arty is just cancerous to this game outside of cw. In cw its a vital mechanic to break turtles and give the attackers a chance to break a defending clan. In pugs though its just wn8 lotto hunting with 0 options to retaliate against it. Counter arty? Whats that?

I know for a fact if those changes go through, most people will quit tanks, and your not going to get enough new people to replace them.

koditzadispater #10 Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32367 battles
  • [XIIIG] XIIIG

View PostSanyaJuutilainen, on 26 August 2016 - 04:53 PM, said:

If you can play well, you can always find your place.

If you can't play well, you will leave the game.

There's a fine line between the game being accessible for everybody and the game being a closed party for the few chosen ones. And currently (pre-sandbox) it seems to go rather the latter way, with all the "I don't want red players ruining my randoms, let's keep them out of my game", low tier statpadding and other bad signs.

your lemmas suck.

ps: there is a fine line between being an impartial observer and @$$-kissing. (no, it's not. it's a big difference)

pps: i don't see the game being played only by chosen ones. i like to play tanks and i feel that the game should punish you for stupid tactics. i would leave if i have to brawl paper tanks. and many other things that you just excluded.

naskatar #11 Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27249 battles
  • [ZBVOS] ZBVOS

View PostIllusmare, on 26 August 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

I tried the sandbox server, played 2 battles, hated it and stopped testing. If those changes happen I will move on to some other game.

Same for me, four or five battles played, those battles were simply boring and demotivating.

azgarOgly #12 Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24296 battles
  • [_AZ_] _AZ_

I guess I will find my place even if that sandbox changes would be introduced into main servers.
But I prefer games that reward skill and improvement, not punish it.

I never whined about "red players ruining my random". Everyone plays as good as he can.
There are very different people playing the game. Some are casuals, some hardcode gamers, school kids and grown men.
If You making a game less rewarding for the smart and easier to the dumb, there will be less smart and more dumb. I doubt it makes gameplay better for anyone, will it?
Make a thing every idiot can use and only idiots will use it ©

ceda333 #13 Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30290 battles
  • [SIZIF] SIZIF

View Postkoditzadispater, on 26 August 2016 - 03:04 PM, said:

your lemmas suck.

ps: there is a fine line between being an impartial observer and @$$-kissing. (no, it's not. it's a big difference)

pps: i don't see the game being played only by chosen ones. i like to play tanks and i feel that the game should punish you for stupid tactics. i would leave if i have to brawl paper tanks. and many other things that you just excluded.

Don't get dragged in. We all know how "sponsored" opinion works on forums .. First divert discussion away from points (attempt already made), then allow page or two of spam and then lock the subject to limit amount of "positive" feedback.. just ignore..

Grargy #14 Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 46372 battles
This whole sandbox notion is a bad idea if it is the standard for the game, resulting from WG getting the wrong idea from feedback from a noisy minority. Lots of players have kitted their tanks out, and spent real money, on the basis of the current game parameters. It is a con to change these radically. If some people want to play on Sandbox type parameters let them play on a different server. Easy to do on the dropdown menu: random battles, team battles, sandbox, stronghold etc. You want to play sandbox style select it, and play sandbox style.

Max_Calibre #15 Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20737 battles
  • [T-OG] T-OG

The Sandbox was the most un-fun and frustrating experience I ever had with WOT

Tank Destroyers ~ were almost completely uses, anything over 200 meters bounces 90% of the time, a TDs 'gun' is its only purpose making it useless makes TDs utter crap to play

obvious answer? delete all the Tank Destroyer tech trees as they cannot destroy anything at all unless at point blank 'brawling range'

Medium Tanks ~ almost as usles as TDs as there 'Guns' are incapable of anything over 200 meters all shells just bounce and bounce, while you die quick as forced to face of point blank brawling with Heavy Tanks with far superior Armour

Heavy Tanks - rename the game to World of Heavy Tanks as in truth its the 'only' tank that wins in that sandbox any Heavy with big heavy armour as almost invincible

Arty/ SPG - no change still over=powered as hell stun?

its so simple limit the SPG to tier 6 or 7 and zero that's zero auto-loader SPGs and no more that 2 per team (unless SPG is 3 tiers below max tier of game T8 game so T5 SPG,

Sandbox 'global vehicle rebalance' only wargame think that a 'global rebalance is vital' players don't!

We want or wanted ~

Match Maker that's fair and Works!

vehicle types balanced to both teams ( to fix the Not-Fun-At-All so frustrating temper inducing, 4 minute 1 sided turbo slaughters

Arty

re-balanced to be 'less powerful' - and no more of the 4 or 5 SPGs per team that you can get today 

New Maps ~ and ASAP

at least 1 new Map every 4 months AND not remove 2 at the same time (so actually its 1 'less' than before

not just city, not corridor, not small brawling maps, interesting Maps where you can 'flank' can 'support' can run away

server Map rotation

its boring! same dumb Maps every day sometimes same Map over and over and yes over again, why?

Edited by Max_Calibre, 26 August 2016 - 04:52 PM.

koditzadispater #16 Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32367 battles
  • [XIIIG] XIIIG

View Postceda333, on 26 August 2016 - 05:13 PM, said:

Don't get dragged in. We all know how "sponsored" opinion works on forums .. First divert discussion away from points (attempt already made), then allow page or two of spam and then lock the subject to limit amount of "positive" feedback.. just ignore..

i was surprised to see such a crystal-clear logic, razor-sharp truth about something that is nowhere close to being smart.

(for those not knowing, smart stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Timely.)

anonym_MSqPBzxRtsaO #17 Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postkoditzadispater, on 26 August 2016 - 04:04 PM, said:

your lemmas suck.

How about those great masters who feel entitled to wish death on teammates because they aren't pros like them, or who refuse to even acknowledge any player with not enough WN8?

It's one thing to punish mistakes (but that depends on the tank, some are forgiving and easy to play and some aren't), it's another to marginalize what in fact is the main playerbase (reds, yellows and greens) in favor of those few purples and blues who can play any tank anywhere. Clanwars and high level tournaments are there exactly to appeal to that minority.

Anyway, I've read the review and, well, I'm not sure what use will paper TDs have in the future. I mean, the maps as they are now are already against them (compared to how maps were three years ago, the new ones are atrocious), but to further shift gameplay towards close range? Doesn't that mean grinding certain TD lines will become an exercise in frustration?

Edited by Derpy_Potato, 26 August 2016 - 04:21 PM.

azgarOgly #18 Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24296 battles
  • [_AZ_] _AZ_

View Postkoditzadispater, on 26 August 2016 - 03:51 PM, said:

when you buy something, that product becomes yours

When You go to brothel and pay the girl, she is not becoming Your property.
You pay for services, not goods in WoT. Not for the premium tank, but the right to play premium tank.
That may look disappointing, but it is how things work in XXI century. And I believe, WG would proof that in court too.

koditzadispater #19 Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32367 battles
  • [XIIIG] XIIIG

View PostMax_Calibre, on 26 August 2016 - 05:14 PM, said:

The Sandbox was the most un-fun and frustrating experience I ever had with WOT

Tank Destroyers ~ were almost completely uses, anything over 200 meters bounces 90% of the time, a TDs 'gun' is its only purpose making it useless makes TDs utter crap to play

obvious answer? delete all the Tank Destroyer tech trees as they cannot destroy anything at all unless at point blank 'brawling range'

Medium Tanks ~ almost as usles as TDs as there 'Guns' are incapable of anything over 200 meters all shells just bounce and bounce, while you die quick as forced to face of point blank brawling with Heavy Tanks with far superior Armour

Heavy Tanks - rename the game to World of Heavy Tanks as in truth its the 'only' tank that wins in that sandbox any Heavy with big heavy armour as almost invincible

Arty/ SPG - no change still over=powered as hell stun? jeez man its so simple limit the SPG to tier 6 or 7 and zero that's zero auto-loader SPGs and no more that 2 per team (unless SPG is 3 tiers below max tier of game T8 game so T5 SPG, simple!

Sandbox 'global vehicle rebalance' only wargame think that a 'global rebalance is vital' players don't!

We want or wanted ~

Match Maker that's fair and Works!

vehicle types balanced to both teams ( to fix the Not-Fun-At-All so frustrating temper inducing, 4 minute 1 sided turbo slaughters

Maps!

new maps at least 1 new Map every 3 months AND not remove 2 at the same time (so actually its 1 'less' than before

not just city not corridor, not small brawling maps, interesting Maps where you can 'flank' can 'support' can run away

(save being hopelessly trapped and slaughtered) to re-group and fight again

server Map rotation

its boring! same dumb Maps every day sometimes same Map over and over and yes over again, why?

only thing where i don't agree is arty. i think that arty should be kept as it is in all parameters except damage. arty should see faster reload with less damage, so that arty player must actually work and aim just as any other player.

regarding maps i wrote a proposal to ectar, the english community manager. you know what was the response? no? well, i don't know either, cause he never bothered to reply at least two words (as in fck 0ff and i would have understood the message). my proposal was to bring back maps removed as "unbalanced" and leave the players select them as possible from the game options, much like you say about the sandbos style being available as dropdown. 

doing this and offering the possibility to the entire community to play will earn you a valuable response on what community wants / enjoys.

wsatnutter #20 Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 25360 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
stop throwing your toys out of the pram nothing is finalised in anyway such a load of drama queens lets see the cake then we can eat a slice and only then can we spit it out and move on or enjoy it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users