Differences between an AT specific gun and a Standard (rifled probably) tank gun.

tank

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

TougeMistro #1 Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4745 battles
  • [FLNG] FLNG

hi, me and a tank buddy were playing tanks when we had an argument about why you had to research some guns separately, mainly the 105mm RO L7A1 (from the Cent. 7/1 and Cent. Action X) and the 105mm AT L7 gun (Charioteer) and i said it was because they most likely have different designs, such as the barrel or something and he stated they're basically the same. Are there any real life differences between these types of guns.

Another example would be the 120mm AT L1A1, and the 120mm L1A1.

Statistically they are different in game, but i would like to know if there are actual differences in the designs of the gun types/how it justifies researching them separately.

Thanks

Touge

:) 

Panocek #2 Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29050 battles

View PostTougeMistro, on 27 August 2016 - 12:03 PM, said:

hi, me and a tank buddy were playing tanks when we had an argument about why you had to research some guns separately, mainly the 105mm RO L7A1 (from the Cent. 7/1 and Cent. Action X) and the 105mm AT L7 gun (Charioteer) and i said it was because they most likely have different designs, such as the barrel or something and he stated they're basically the same. Are there any real life differences between these types of guns.

Another example would be the 120mm AT L1A1, and the 120mm L1A1.

Statistically they are different in game, but i would like to know if there are actual differences in the designs of the gun types/how it justifies researching them separately.

Thanks

Touge

:) 

Only difference is game economy - you can't have everything unlocked from playing only one line, that would be unprofitable for the company:P

Though "separate" guns for tanks and TDs can ease balancing them. Usually the same gun used in TD have better accuracy/rof/aim time.

K_A #3 Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:18 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13641 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
It's gameplay balancing. Basically, even the Leopard Pt A has the British L7A1, exactly the same gun as the Cent 7/1 and Charioteer, but you don't unlock that from the British tree either :) Here's the wiki page: https://en.wikipedia...yal_Ordnance_L7

Panocek #4 Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29050 battles

View PostK_A, on 29 August 2016 - 09:18 AM, said:

It's gameplay balancing. Basically, even the Leopard Pt A has the British L7A1, exactly the same gun as the Cent 7/1 and Charioteer, but you don't unlock that from the British tree either :) Here's the wiki page: https://en.wikipedia...yal_Ordnance_L7

To be specific Leopards had slightly reshaped breech, but nothing affecting gun performance.

K_A #5 Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13641 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPanocek, on 29 August 2016 - 06:05 PM, said:

To be specific Leopards had slightly reshaped breech, but nothing affecting gun performance.

Leopard 1, yes, but the Leo prototype in the game wasn't an actual tank that went into mass production, and not an awful lot of info can be found on the prototypes from the interwebs, so it could have had, and in the game it definitely has, the exact same gun with the same model number (L7A1, as opposed to the L7A3 which was the Leo 1 with it's modified breach) as the Centurions :)

Also tagged with tank

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users