Jump to content


Gift to someone ended up on my account ...

gift gift shop cromwell b

  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

paenekiller123 #1 Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:40 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 14766 battles
  • 15
  • Member since:
    01-27-2012

Hi everyone,

 

I'm not really a newcomer, but I am a newcomer to sending gifts :rolleyes: so here it goes:

I wanted to send the cromwell B package to a friend of mine. On the 'purchase uptions' page, I selected 'as a gift' and chose my friend's name from the drop down menu provided. I paid and everything succeeded.
Except now I have the cromwell B myself (he doesn't have one, otherwise I wouldn't be complaining :trollface:). I'm worried about trying again now, since I might just end up with a bunch of gold or something ...

Anyone have any ideas as to what went wrong or what I should do? I can send this bundle to a friend right?

Thanks in advance!



Nub_Poteto #2 Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:45 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20918 battles
  • 215
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    11-03-2012

You can send this bundle to a friend,

Either you bought for yourself by accident, or your friend declined it (in that case, the tank would be given back to you)

If you do try again and it errors and you get the gold, send in a ticket to support and they'll remove the gold and issue you the refund for the tank



General_McMuschi #3 Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:46 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22741 battles
  • 830
  • Member since:
    06-19-2015

View Postpaenekiller123, on 27 August 2016 - 12:40 PM, said:

Hi everyone,

 

I'm not really a newcomer, but I am a newcomer to sending gifts :rolleyes: so here it goes:

I wanted to send the cromwell B package to a friend of mine. On the 'purchase uptions' page, I selected 'as a gift' and chose my friend's name from the drop down menu provided. I paid and everything succeeded.
Except now I have the cromwell B myself (he doesn't have one, otherwise I wouldn't be complaining :trollface:). I'm worried about trying again now, since I might just end up with a bunch of gold or something ...

Anyone have any ideas as to what went wrong or what I should do? I can send this bundle to a friend right?

Thanks in advance!

did he accept the gift here on the web?

 

Once, I purchased something for my friend and he decided he doesn't want to accept it so he didn't - and my gift was added to my account.



paenekiller123 #4 Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:46 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 14766 battles
  • 15
  • Member since:
    01-27-2012

Okay, thanks for the quick response!



paenekiller123 #5 Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:50 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 14766 battles
  • 15
  • Member since:
    01-27-2012

View PostGeneral_McMuschi, on 27 August 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

did he accept the gift here on the web?

 

Once, I purchased something for my friend and he decided he doesn't want to accept it so he didn't - and my gift was added to my account.

 

He doesn't have to accept it right away, does he? I'm sure he didn't decline, he hasn't been online, and it was immediately sent to my account (within 1 minute). Maybe Nub_poteto is right and I accidentally clicked 'send to myself' again or something.

Tho1528 #6 Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:58 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18648 battles
  • 263
  • Member since:
    01-11-2012
I am the friend that paenekiller123 is talking about.

I couldn't refuse the gift, as I did not get a notification that I received it in the first place. (and I wouldn't :P )
I wasn't logged in at the time though, but that doesn't matter, does it?

paenekiller123 #7 Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:59 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 14766 battles
  • 15
  • Member since:
    01-27-2012

View PostTho1528, on 27 August 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

I am the friend that paenekiller123 is talking about.

I couldn't refuse the gift, as I did not get a notification that I received it in the first place. (and I wouldn't :P )
I wasn't logged in at the time though, but that doesn't matter, does it?

Hi friend! :teethhappy:



Nub_Poteto #8 Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:08 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20918 battles
  • 215
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    11-03-2012

View PostTho1528, on 27 August 2016 - 11:58 AM, said:

I am the friend that paenekiller123 is talking about.

I couldn't refuse the gift, as I did not get a notification that I received it in the first place. (and I wouldn't :P )
I wasn't logged in at the time though, but that doesn't matter, does it?

 

No it doesn't matter, you'd get an email notification alerting you to a gift being received where you could follow a link to accept it.

View Postpaenekiller123, on 27 August 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

 

He doesn't have to accept it right away, does he? I'm sure he didn't decline, he hasn't been online, and it was immediately sent to my account (within 1 minute). Maybe Nub_poteto is right and I accidentally clicked 'send to myself' again or something.

 

Check your email Paene, you should've received a few emails, one saying payment received etc, another one should say "Gift sent" if it did get sent as a gift.



paenekiller123 #9 Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:53 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 14766 battles
  • 15
  • Member since:
    01-27-2012

So, a quick update:

 

I tried again, since I know I'm not flawless and might have made a mistake.
I definitely did not make a mistake this time, and exactly the same happened :sceptic:

The mail I received mentions nothing resembling "gift" or the name "Tho1528".

 

So, I've sent a ticket now, requesting a refund. I'm of course not touching anything I've received.

 

Hopefully this will end well ...



b0d #10 Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:40 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 20080 battles
  • 3,908
  • Member since:
    05-22-2015
Sure they will sort it out for you.





Also tagged with gift, gift shop, cromwell b

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users