World of Tanks Economy

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:51 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
We have launched a new guide page explaining the economy of World of Tanks and premium services -check it out!

Full news text

Hokum15 #2 Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:57 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33719 battles
  • [HO_PO] HO_PO

We've launched a new page showing you how much "better" it is for you to send money to us to make your life "easier". 

TL,DR, SEND us MONEY.

guest273 #3 Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:05 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 35394 battles
  • [DAILY] DAILY
Can't wait for the guy who has a piano music composer as his forum avatar to post a picture of a toilet in this forum thread.

RoMaMeN #4 Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23866 battles

WORLD OF PAIN - GIVE ME YOUR MONEY AND I WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER, IT STILL WILL BE SH** BUT EASIER 

Panternack #5 Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10794 battles
  • [PONY] PONY

With gold ammo, there is definitely a huge pay-to-win aspect to the game.

Without it, premium players (premium account) would have an easier time supporting their tier-X money sinks in that tier IX can make reliable money with premium as opposed to tier VII for non-premium, also the loss is less for a premium player. But once in the field, the players would be equal in the kind of equipment they have.

Of course, the boost in experience means that premium players will always have a lasting edge as they unlock crew skills and perks, but apart from that it is just a matter of grinding time. Especially getting from IX to X is hard for non premium, which is fine.

Premium tanks are nice to train crew without losing too much money, but really only for putting a tier X crew in a tier VIII vechicle.

But in the end, gold ammo is what makes this game pay-to-win, all other aspects work as advertised, pay for convenience.

Zaros_2014 #6 Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11938 battles

That's low. I clicked on the "Learn about the economy" and what pops up? A giant fecking add for buying in-game gold!

"Enhance your World of Tanks experience and speed up your process!" What? I thought I was going to be learning something, not looking at a huge size 50 font add...

Ulfhedinn_ #7 Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:47 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

Lol, it's not pay to win, rather it's pay to progress! Absolutely not true - that's like saying someone on a low wage can be just as rich as someone on a big wage, they just have to work longer hours and for more years. It's absolute nonsense.

WOT's didn't use to be pay-2-win when it was just Prem account and some under-performing Prem tanks, but now on top there's Personal Reserves, Tooning crew XP bonus, oceans of silver from Strongholds, massively OP pay-2-win high tier tanks like Scorpion-G & Mutz & T54-mod1 etc and all the Berlin tanks, and most of all pay-2-win Berlin crews.

Berlin crews have downgraded standard crews to the point they are utterly worthless, starting disadvantaged and being permanently slower training, increasingly disadvantaged over time. A huge advantage in CW's (the whole games end-game), and considering the rewards are so limited there, liable to make all the difference in whether you get a reward tank or not (determining whether the whole game has been successful or not, literally the only win that matters and is denied to most). So literally pay-2-win.

Berlin crew make this game entirely pay-2-win, people without them (or at least PM crew) are wasting their time and what bit of money they do spend. WG are only claiming now the game isn't pay-2-win because it most definitely is (they cashed in by selling out the crew economy) and they know it's a very bad thing for them if people realise it is.

edit - like the tier 10 Brit med - how's anyone supposed to compete in that using standard crew, against people with their CromwellB crew in it, starting pre-skilled, permanently faster training, and then training boosted by a stack of Prem account, Personal Reserves, Strongholds crew XP bonus, tooning crew XP bonus? Absolutely no chance of competing. Within 6 months of Berlin crew being available, someone posted on forum they'd got theirs up to 6 skills already. In only 6 months - while it would literally take years for someone to do that with a standard crew playing for free.

Edited by Ulfhedinn_, 30 August 2016 - 12:07 PM.

izroda #8 Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8434 battles

Block Quote

World of Tanks is a Free-to-Play game that, unlike many other online titles, is not based on the Pay-to-Win model that by definition creates a rift between paying and non-paying players. In our game, every player has the same standing and victory is determined by skill in combat and not by any advantage that may stem from having access to paid content.

T-54 AP shell - 201 mm pen. HEAT shell - 330 mm pen. Premium shell spam possible for gold or silver, only so much silver it's only obtainable with a premium tank...

Edited by izroda, 30 August 2016 - 12:00 PM.

The_legend_of_sparta #9 Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 35427 battles
the most bastard online game company.this game its not free with out prinium you can get only t7 or t8 and if you dont have money for prinium tanks like 40euro for t8 prinium med or 50euro for t8 heavy tank forget it leav this game and play for real free online game like dota2 or leag of legend or what ever you want this game want only your money.fuking retard russian developers with botka

loulakas #10 Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 77561 battles

"In our game, every player has the same standing and victory is determined by skill in combat.....".

I just love this part. Especially since I a had a terrible Thursday to Friday night with a 30% WinRate in 47 battles and 1,04 kills/battle and a 1500 Win8.

Dear Victor Kislyi

As long as your P.M.M.A.L.S.I.S. (Periodic Match Maker Attack Loosing Streak Inducing Sh1t) keeps targeting me, stealing my victories and giving them to stupid kids on old cheap laptops and crap connection (fps <30, ping >150) switching from tank to tank without trying to train a decent crew, so to keep them happy too, YOU ARE NOT GETTING ANY MORE EUROS FROM ME. PERIOD. There is no point. This is a pay-to high caliber loose game in the long run.

Got it ?

Panternack #11 Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10794 battles
  • [PONY] PONY

Edited by Panternack, 30 August 2016 - 12:25 PM.

oldlady_99 #12 Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6498 battles

Premium ammo gives you almost 100% chance to penetrate enemy armor so it is pay to win... and amount of silver receiving at tier 8 and 9 is so low you can even lost silver after you won game with good score (top 5 xp gain ) that happens even with premium account....

Panternack #13 Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10794 battles
  • [PONY] PONY

View PostUlfhedinn_, on 30 August 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

Lol, it's not pay to win, rather it's pay to progress! Absolutely not true - that's like saying someone on a low wage can be just as rich as someone on a big wage, they just have to work longer hours and for more years. It's absolute nonsense.

WOT's didn't use to be pay-2-win when it was just Prem account and some under-performing Prem tanks, but now on top there's Personal Reserves, Tooning crew XP bonus, oceans of silver from Strongholds, massively OP pay-2-win high tier tanks like Scorpion-G & Mutz & T54-mod1 etc and all the Berlin tanks, and most of all pay-2-win Berlin crews.

Berlin crews have downgraded standard crews to the point they are utterly worthless, starting disadvantaged and being permanently slower training, increasingly disadvantaged over time. A huge advantage in CW's (the whole games end-game), and considering the rewards are so limited there, liable to make all the difference in whether you get a reward tank or not (determining whether the whole game has been successful or not, literally the only win that matters and is denied to most). So literally pay-2-win.

Berlin crew make this game entirely pay-2-win, people without them (or at least PM crew) are wasting their time and what bit of money they do spend. WG are only claiming now the game isn't pay-2-win because it most definitely is (they cashed in by selling out the crew economy) and they know it's a very bad thing for them if people realise it is.

edit - like the tier 10 Brit med - how's anyone supposed to compete in that using standard crew, against people with their CromwellB crew in it, starting pre-skilled, permanently faster training, and then training boosted by a stack of Prem account, Personal Reserves, Strongholds crew XP bonus, tooning crew XP bonus? Absolutely no chance of competing. Within 6 months of Berlin crew being available, someone posted on forum they'd got theirs up to 6 skills already. In only 6 months - while it would literally take years for someone to do that with a standard crew playing for free.

The Berlin crews, if I read correctly, come with 100% + Brothers in arms.

If this perk does not count as their first perk, I agree, they are completely broken. 

However, what I meant in my post regarding perks is that as perks grow exponentially more costly, it would be possible to offset that advantage over time as you have the most important perks and skills.

But if the difference is such that the premium player will gain their sixth perk faster than a freebie player gains their second, the game is too much off balance. With all the pay-to-win- features added now, this is likely true.

However:
If the first premium player gets six skills/perks in six months, and are at eigth skills when the first freebie players gets their sixth, however long that takes, this is not a huge problem.

Edited by Panternack, 30 August 2016 - 12:33 PM.

Didoguard #14 Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23827 battles
  • [BGA] BGA
Aaa xa xa xa xa , WOT you always make me laugh with this - NO pay to WIN model you are claiming. Get rid of gold ammo and then we are talking. No matter the fact that gold ammo can be purchased with credits and available for everyone, it is still the most Pay to Win aspect of the game. The more you pay for the game ( premium time , premium vehicles ) the more gold ammo you can spend. And please don't tell me that people with standard accounts spam as much gold ammo as the ones using premium.

KLguns #15 Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:45 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47631 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

World of Tanks Economy (strategy), milk the players as much as possible.

Bennyboymothman #16 Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19506 battles
  • [PXR] PXR

All fair comments back from Enrico at support imo.
Suck it up and man up or just go and play another game.

We won't miss you kids :)

Edited by Bennyboymothman, 30 August 2016 - 12:58 PM.

jagdcommander #17 Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40111 battles

The only issue here is how WG define pay to win.

I think in just about every aspect of life you expect something better if you pay money. WG needs money to pay staff and most of us aren't going to donate without something in return and if that something has no advantage over what we can get for free, why buy it?

Personally I have far greater issues with players who gain advantage from free (and sometimes illegal) mods than those who support the game and waste their money spamming prem ammo.

Hirokaraka #18 Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31696 battles

View PostBennyboymothman, on 30 August 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

All fair comments back from Enrico at support imo.
Suck it up and man up or just go and play another game.

We won't miss you kids :)

Why do you have to be so arrogant? Does behaving like a [edited]inflate your ego, makes your miserable life better?

JetCannon3 #19 Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24480 battles
  • [READ] READ

Pay to win? Let's try to look at that from another angle: Is it really free to play? Is this game enjoyable for someone not spending a single penny on it?

My answer would be no. Or at least not anymore. It has become so much worse in the last few years, for a number of reasons. Biggest factor are probably the maps. All you get now are a multitude of tunnels and brawling pits, flanking is hardly an option and you have to resort to gold ammo spam. Same for the HD reworks which usually mean a significant armour boost (just think of the T110E5), not to mention the introduction of tanks like the Japanese heavy line. It's mostly the choice between using premium ammo or bouncing.

So yeah, you see this partly the old gold ammo discussion again, but point is, WG managed to implement this huge credit sink and you're not really making a difference just sticking the cheapest options. I play this game since 2011, spent 20€ in total on it, and thankfully all of that doesn't really affect me anymore. I finished all my grinds, have a nice arsenal of tanks and I'm fine on credits. But for the new players it's really, really ugly. Without premium account and maybe a couple of premium tanks you're hardly going anywhere. So while I'm still playing the game, I wouldn't really recommend anyone new to pick it up in 2016. There are far better options in terms of free to play.

(Also wasn't there something about WG essentially selling tanks with a girls crew? So BiA on crew members without counting that as first skill? Now that's really pay2win...)

Raisouli #20 Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14328 battles
I always believed Enrico Barabanti was a bot but he seems to be very human. Well next time make ur grievance shorter cause WG waisting  money to Customer Support , we want them to spent it on the game not on reading your Literature 

Edited by Raisouli, 30 August 2016 - 01:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users