Chat ban

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Modge1 #1 Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:06 AM

Private

• Player
  • 37605 battles
Here goes the usual round and round I would say. Perhaps Fry might make an appearance. I went into general chat and sat reading for a while. They were talking about other games on line. My first and only comment was Silent Hunter is a superb game. In a second or two I was banned for 4 weeks. Nice well done. I wrote down the admins name but I know it will be just past off and nothing done. Im not trolling whining or wanting sympathy here just saying what happened. Plain and simple. Oh and one question. why is the post auto saved when your writing?

MeetriX #2 Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:20 AM

Major

• Player
  • 20625 battles
I am not saying, but I say that you're not telling whole truth.

Modge1 #3 Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:02 AM

Private

• Player
  • 37605 battles

View PostMeetriX, on 31 August 2016 - 12:20 AM, said:

I am not saying, but I say that you're not telling whole truth.

And how do you make that assumption?  why bother even saying it at all. 

Zaros_2014 #4 Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11938 battles

"...My first and only comment was Silent Hunter is a superb game. In a second or two I was banned for 4 weeks. Nice well done. I wrote down the admins name but I know it will be just past off and nothing done...."

"...Im not trolling whining or wanting sympathy..."

Dem two statements don't quite add up.

What do you hope to achieve via this topic? Do you hope for someone to tell you that you were treated very unfairly? I doubt anyone will give that pleasure to you because no-one here knows exactly what the cause was other than the admins/mods, but most will assume (and probably quite rightly) that only saying "Silent Hunter is a superb game" doesn't quite add up to a ban. 

Also, why did you write down the admin's name? Why didn't you just screen shot it if it was actual real evidence of a misuse of power? You're right it'll be passed off, you have 0 evidence of anything, and I'm pretty sure WGing can slam you back with evidence. Hence why you made this topic to whine, just like your other topic "An insult", where people have already told you how to put in a ticket to WGing and you also showed you clearly know how to screenshot and thus have no reason to have not screenshotted an event where there was an actual abuse of power.

Modge1 #5 Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37605 battles

View PostZaros_2014, on 31 August 2016 - 01:22 AM, said:

"...My first and only comment was Silent Hunter is a superb game. In a second or two I was banned for 4 weeks. Nice well done. I wrote down the admins name but I know it will be just past off and nothing done...."

"...Im not trolling whining or wanting sympathy..."

Dem two statements don't quite add up.

What do you hope to achieve via this topic? Do you hope for someone to tell you that you were treated very unfairly? I doubt anyone will give that pleasure to you because no-one here knows exactly what the cause was other than the admins/mods, but most will assume (and probably quite rightly) that only saying "Silent Hunter is a superb game" doesn't quite add up to a ban. 

Also, why did you write down the admin's name? Why didn't you just screen shot it if it was actual real evidence of a misuse of power? You're right it'll be passed off, you have 0 evidence of anything, and I'm pretty sure WGing can slam you back with evidence. Hence why you made this topic to whine, just like your other topic "An insult", where people have already told you how to put in a ticket to WGing and you also showed you clearly know how to screenshot and thus have no reason to have not screenshotted an event where there was an actual abuse of power.

Whine like a 5 year old I don't think so.  I posted this just to show what happened.  You believe what you like to be quite honest I'm not bothered. I was finally told how so send a ticket after several none related comments  late last night if you bother to check. Iv said what happened and thats final for me. You reply and say what you like. I want even bother to look at it. Point made.

Strappster #6 Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:20 PM

General

• Player
  • 24818 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostModge1, on 31 August 2016 - 11:36 AM, said:

I was finally told how so send a ticket after several none related comments  late last night if you bother to check.

You finally asked how to send a ticket after making unrelated comments of your own, if you bother to check.

MZmata #7 Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23584 battles
  • [_MZ_] _MZ_
Got a chat ban for telling the truth about your mm which sucks [edited]? Fix it and people will stop give out about it. Simple, isn't it?

Strappster #8 Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:02 PM

General

• Player
  • 24818 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMZmata, on 31 August 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

Fix it and people will stop give out about it.

No, they won't. Change the match-making and lots of people who blamed it previously will continue to blame it for their failings because it wasn't changed in the 'right' way (i.e. to give them easier battles) while others will start blaming it because the change has ruined the match-making they thought they were getting before.

Zaros_2014 #9 Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11938 battles

View PostModge1, on 31 August 2016 - 12:36 PM, said:

Whine like a 5 year old I don't think so.  I posted this just to show what happened.  You believe what you like to be quite honest I'm not bothered. I was finally told how so send a ticket after several none related comments  late last night if you bother to check. Iv said what happened and thats final for me. You reply and say what you like. I want even bother to look at it. Point made.

No-where in my post did I say anything in the region of "You whine like a 5-year-old", please refrain from putting words into my mouth thank you.

Why did you want to show what happened? Is there any logical reason other than to whine?

I don't see what the difference is in when you were told how to make a ticket. People had actually already been responding telling you to make one, it's not hard to google it, instead, you chose to make another thread for no real reason those than to "show what happened" without actually giving any evidence of "what happened" other than your own word.

If it's so final for you, why are you responding to both myself and Strappster in detail? You know, other than to try to prove you're not just a someone randomly having a cry. What is this "Point" which you claim to have made? What are you even trying to doing here?

MZmata #10 Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23584 battles
  • [_MZ_] _MZ_
Do they really think chat ban will stop people from giving out? The mm still sucks and they can still kiss my a.ss, this mm is an absolute joke. When I started playing this game back in 2011 there was no game under 6-7 minutes. Now every second game lasts 2-3 minutes either way. F.cking joke, man.

K_A #11 Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:59 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13643 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMZmata, on 31 August 2016 - 07:13 PM, said:

Do they really think chat ban will stop people from giving out? The mm still sucks and they can still kiss my a.ss, this mm is an absolute joke. When I started playing this game back in 2011 there was no game under 6-7 minutes. Now every second game lasts 2-3 minutes either way. F.cking joke, man.

According to vbaddict average battle length is still very much between just under 6 minutes for lower tiers to around 7 minutes in high tiers, so unless you have a much larger and more accurate database you base your assumptions on... I'm gonna believe vbaddict.

tigerstreak #12 Posted 04 September 2016 - 01:11 AM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 23531 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T

View PostModge1, on 30 August 2016 - 11:06 AM, said:

Here goes the usual round and round I would say. Perhaps Fry might make an appearance. I went into general chat and sat reading for a while. They were talking about other games on line. My first and only comment was Silent Hunter is a superb game. In a second or two I was banned for 4 weeks. Nice well done. I wrote down the admins name but I know it will be just past off and nothing done. Im not trolling whining or wanting sympathy here just saying what happened. Plain and simple. Oh and one question. why is the post auto saved when your writing?

wg aren't from the same back ground as most on eu server.

so what goes on in their minds is different

pfondskerl #13 Posted 18 August 2018 - 11:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2177 battles

Hey Modge1,

you are a very good player... 

killing the partner of the same team.... great... 

Hope you will be banned and killed quickly from all  fair players

Balc0ra #14 Posted 19 August 2018 - 01:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66549 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostModge1, on 31 August 2016 - 12:36 PM, said:

You can get banned for several reasons. But.. for one sentence alone? Doubt it, as you always get a warning even there. The only reason you get banned for saying something like that. Is if you do it in a non-English language. As admins don't speak all the lingo. So they have no idea what anyone is saying if everyone did type in their own language. Thus they can't admin anything. They don't know if you are saying hello, or trash talking. So thus they warn you first, then ban you. It's that simple. And it's why 99% get chat banned there. 

cragarion #15 Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:22 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44291 battles

View PostModge1, on 31 August 2016 - 12:06 AM, said:

If you were watching chat you will have seen the mod warning other people and banning them,

and yet you decide to do what they were telling others not to do,

that sounds about right to me,

and since you are breaking the rules right now by discussing disciplinary that's been taken,

i doubt anyone will believe you when you say you did nothing wrong,

but if you did do nothing wrong i suggest you contact the appeals section of support tickets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users