Tier VIII of the Week Special Edition: IS-3A

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:35 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
This week we are bringing back one of the most appreciated Tier VIII Premium Tanks, the Soviet IS-3A!

Full news text

LUVDUP #2 Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:57 AM

Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 6325 battles
Waiting patiently for the hate to start flowing

SlyMeerkat #3 Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13436 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
I already got this tank when it was first put up :)

jagdcommander #4 Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37262 battles

Seems pretty reasonable .... now what can we all complain about?

I know! Surely "Ultimate" should be the very best and therefore superior to "Supreme"? I knew there would be something :P

Gremlin182 #5 Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:38 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 41542 battles

No hate here its a good tank I do not want due to crew limitations and they have a straight offer and 2 with additions.

Also seem to have abandoned the imo silly practice of adding free stuff and then declaring its discounted. and even in that case all they needed was to rewrite the way they described it.

hjsteg #6 Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:30 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31617 battles
  • [WID] WID
So how is this tank really? How about the tank's performance in game, and how is the credits income, and what about crew training (since it has a weird 3 man crew and the gunner function as the loader). Do the crew on this tank need a functioning safe storage perk? This is what has put me off earlier when this tank has been offered.

MEGA__TRON__ #7 Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22397 battles
  • [SA-AS] SA-AS
I got this tank, when it was sold first time in premium shop in last christmas. I rue/repent to buy this tank. Because it is not good credit maker(non-premium) when we compare t34- and Löwe.İt has so much repair cost.(avarage12k per battle) it's gold ammo is not enough in 10 tier battles.(270 heat) and Normal bullets and premium bullets are the most expensive premium tank bullets between 8 tiers in the game(Bullets of is7 and t110e5 are cheaper). You can not train crew for russian heavy tanks because it has 3 crews. I dont advert even dispersion and aiming time. If only I have a chance to exchange this tank with a t-34. Thats my opinion about this vehicle. Against all odds this vehicle can beat t34 and Löwe on duel.(Thanks to Relaod time) This vehicle is much more useful 8 tier stronghold and team battles. this vehicle is not suitable 10 tier random battles.

Edited by MEGA__TRON__, 06 September 2016 - 01:27 PM.

Sheksna #8 Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:38 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 32360 battles
  • [DRAW] DRAW

What to complain about, what to complain about. Hmm... Oh, I know. The gun handling. I've got the IS-5, which is better than the IS-3A in many ways, and yet I don't really like playing it that much. Mostly because it has shoddy accuracy, aimtime and bloom on move and traverse. And according to every source I check, the soft stats such as aimtime and bloom are even worse on the IS-3A. Can this thing hit the infamous barn door?

:P

(It's a serious question though. Would love some feedback on how the gun handles from any IS-3A owners.)

Ulfhedinn_ #9 Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

Yes, I'm going to buy an IS3a to train my standard Russian heavy crews, so they can still be less skilled and worse than Berlin Parade IS2 crew, who start with a skill headstart and then train permanently faster so will always be more skilled, perform better and give better stats. Of course I'm going to spend money on Prem tanks to still be disadvantaged in crew training and have worse crews. Oh, and then too, I'd be training them in a relative environment where people from CW's get free gold so they can permanently use Personal Reserves for free, giving them double the crew XP others get, making them ever more advantaged. And then too, playing solo I'm happy to get less crew XP than tooners and be even more disadvantaged in the crew economy. Of course I'd spend money on a Prem tank to still be grossly and increasingly disadvantaged in crew training, crew skills, and so performance compared to others.

What a totally broken proposition these Prem tanks now are for more than the small minority on the gravy train. Don't buy it unless you're already paying-2-win with Berlin crews, using Prem and maxing out on Personal Reserves, and are tooning.

edit - or maybe I'd want to buy it cuz I collect Russian tanks and in particular the IS's? What a shame then that the IS5 is a highly exclusive CW's reward tank reserved for a tiny minority (& even more exclusive for the version with historically correct decals), so buying this as part of a collection is pointless as you can't complete that tank collection.

Edited by Ulfhedinn_, 06 September 2016 - 01:43 PM.

pecopad #10 Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19185 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

I have it, my recomendation is that if you have the Is3, don't buy this slower version. Credits aren't that good since tier 8 premiums are fodder and damage farming for tier IX and X.

The tank is fun to play, but not has fun has the Is3, better go for the Berlin Is2 and play the regular Is3. Stay away from heavy tier 8 premiums.

miljac #11 Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11453 battles
  • [K4E] K4E

I have this tank on other account and it is horrible waste of money.

Main problem with it is terrible gun accuracy and aim time. Even with 5 skill crew hitting anything at any modest distance is challenging. Forget sniping anything. 

Tank itself feels slow and sluggish. If you are used to playing is3 this tank will disappoint you for sure.

I only wish i found a honest review about it before i parted my cash for it, because i would stay waay clear. Anyone in need of rusian heavy trainer get is-2 berlin instead

DemonsDope #12 Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30623 battles
  • [DMG-] DMG-
WG needs to fix credit income for this tank. Overall, the tank works just fine, fun to play with as much as regular is3 or even better. The only problem is, as i said, the amount of credits you make with it. That's the main reason we buy premium tanks after all. With the income fix it would be an awesome tank.

MEGA__TRON__ #13 Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22397 battles
  • [SA-AS] SA-AS

View PostDemonsDope, on 06 September 2016 - 11:53 AM, said:

WG needs to fix credit income for this tank. Overall, the tank works just fine, fun to play with as much as regular is3 or even better. The only problem is, as i said, the amount of credits you make with it. That's the main reason we buy premium tanks after all. With the income fix it would be an awesome tank.

I agree with you. Especially When we compare credit incomes of is3a with t34 or Löwe, is3a has much less credit income than t34 or Löwe. These vehicles are being sold  the same price approximately... Bullet(including gold ammo) and repair costs must be decreased urgently.

250swb #14 Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:41 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 17804 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I bought it last Christmas, played a few games and parked it until recently. Big mistake to try and grind a crew in it, utter failure, too complicated. So not long ago I decided to just use a dedicated crew for it and all of a sudden as they improved the tank improved a whole lot and I improved and while my WR in it is still below 50% it is going up and I enjoy playing it. Forget about credit earning though, it needs premium ammo in most games it gets matched in, when it is top tier it's just about doable with AP.

happyal #15 Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9880 battles
  • [95TH] 95TH
Agreed with most other people here, it's a slightly worse IS3, but still a good and fun tank to play. But the Credit income SUCKS. Please buff the credit income of this tank to match other Teir 8 prems.

Dont_Stop #16 Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26704 battles
  • [CRBER] CRBER
Better buy the IS-6. IS-3A houses only 3 crew members, so it`s bad for training. I have bought the IS3-A back in December 21st and I`m not happy with it.

sir_alex_ice #17 Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32752 battles
IS3A is an awful crew trainer, avoid it.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #18 Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles
I wouldent get it if i was you. the gun is REALLY beyond terrible its so bad it should be given PREFF MM, its disgusting that thing was even has the name "IS-3" in it because IS-3 gun is BS accurate and this thing is BS terrible beyond reasoning.

koditzadispater #19 Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28939 battles
  • [XIIIG] XIIIG

greetings to ya all, folks

here is my thought on this:

i don't have the tank. what puzzles me is why so many of you bought it. those that complain about credit income - ammo cost is advertised, was advertised - so why not do the math before buying? anyway, i can partially understand you, maybe you take for granted that a premium tank will make a lot of money.

for the rest of you, though, it should be a lesson. russian accuracy is a well-known issue. just comparing the values from a kv3, is, is3 with this should provide you the answer about gun handling. if you did and decided to buy it, don't complain. if you did not do any research and just bought it... well, your issue - details were advertised, and whoever does not know what caveat lector is he/she should go fast and check it. google know it all :P

_HakunaMatata_ #20 Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 53851 battles

If these tanks would not see tier 10, I would have bought it but since they are put into tier 10, I will NOT buy it. WG, you idiots. You need to change the match making for these money making tanks. They should not be in tier 10. Only 9.

For the sake of GOD, remove the stupid XVM from the game. Enemy should not see who you are because that means you have 5+ players attacking only you. How stupid does one have to be not to understand that XVM is a clear cheat.

Thank you for nothing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users