Premium Shop: The Crew Comes First!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:21 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Check out this week's offers in the Premium Shop!

Full news text

StinkyStonky #2 Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14972 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

This might be useful for anyone starting a new crew on tank, say for any upcoming tank marathons.

£8.40 gets you 1k gold (usually £3.60) so 50p per Personal Reserve, that effectively gives you 3 hours of training for just one hour of grinding.

1 day of premium cost 92p (roughly double) and gives you +50% crew but also extra silver and tank and free XP, 

So if you rarely get to play for more than 60-90 minutes AND you have novice crews, this might be worth it, but I suspect that for most people "Basic Needs" would be a better use of a Tenner (OK, BN is £11.40 but you get my gist).

Added:-

7 Days Premium and 1K gold (bought separately - not on discount) would cost £4.43 + £3.59 = £8.08, which IMO is probably better and cheaper than the "special".

Edited by StinkyStonky, 09 September 2016 - 09:37 AM.

Sadeghmxx #3 Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26576 battles
  • [3V] 3V
Crew Economy R.I.P.

Ulfhedinn_ #4 Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:51 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

Oh just lol.

The article starts with "A tank is only as good as the crew manning it". That's what I keep saying, nobody agrees with me (though they seem to think their own crews are very important, just not mine).

If I had all the PM crew it might be worth it. But I'm not training standard crew when others have faster training PM & Berlin crew (and I'm not buying Berlin tanks after being left short by PM's). I have something like 50 Prems bought for crew training that are worthless to me now for that precise reason, cuz training standard crews is a waste of time if you haven't got all the PM crew, you can't be optimised. And I'm not doing PM's cuz I'm not a camper or tooner, was never terms of the game to have to camp or toon or play arty or TD's not to be disadvantaged, now it is so I quit spending.

In last quarter 2014, I bought E25, JTiger88 (for collecting WW2 German and fun, I don't play TD's seriously), PantherM10, Pz2j & BTSV (in box sets, imported from official WG retailer in Moscow), Fury, Pz4Hydro with mouse, Panther88 (at the higher price with gold as compensation), and with gold from the box sets, FCM50t, T-34-3, tier 3 FCM TD thing. I also used to run permanent Prem account. Since Jan 2015 and PM's started, entirely because of PM crews (and being excluded from PM's for 1st 5 months due to being solo), I've not spent a penny. If not for PM crews, I'd have spent loads more and continued to be positive and constructive. And I've had no new crews since, so no new tanks either. Bought the Bulldog, LTTB, SP1c, sold them all without playing them as no crews for them.

And, why would solo's pay for Personal Reserves for extra crew training, when tooners are being given extra crew XP as a matter of course? No matter how much they pay and buy solo's can't be optimised anymore, instead best they can do is pay to mitigate disadvantage compared to tooners, which is relatively poor value and a very poor proposition for solo's.

WG, I think you have too many things undermining one another, if you just got your core economies straight again, you'd make more money with far greater sustainability than trying to exploit everything as much as possible (which is reducing everything's real terms value).

edit - re above RIP crew economy, no more than with PM crews, or Berlin crews, of SH's crew XP personal reserve bonus, or tooning bonus, or any other crew XP Personal Reserves (that people from CW's who get free gold can run all the time), or free XP converted to crew XP with gold (again effectively free for people at the top of CW's). The crew economy was sold out a long time ago, most people have no hope of competing in it.

Edited by Ulfhedinn_, 09 September 2016 - 10:01 AM.

_Banana_Republic_ #5 Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33791 battles

@Ulfhedinn_: wtf are you fantasising, lol? too much drugs?

Ulfhedinn_ #6 Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:33 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

View Post_Banana_Republic_, on 09 September 2016 - 09:18 AM, said:

@Ulfhedinn_: wtf are you fantasising, lol? too much drugs?

Is what I've said not true?

Why would you spend time & money to train a slower training standard crew when others have faster training PM & Berlin crew, or as a solo when you're penalised with less crew XP than toons? In my mind you pay to be optimised, not to only partially mitigate disadvantage and still be disadvantaged. How does paying money to still be (relatively) worse off & disadvantaged make sense?

edit - I guess this is something for those with PM and Berlin crew to buy to train them with, to stack on top of their Prem account and tooning bonus and to make their crews and them even more advantaged.

Edited by Ulfhedinn_, 09 September 2016 - 10:37 AM.

_Banana_Republic_ #7 Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33791 battles

View PostUlfhedinn_, on 09 September 2016 - 10:33 AM, said:

Is what I've said not true?

Why would you spend time & money to train a slower training standard crew when others have faster training PM & Berlin crew, or as a solo when you're penalised with less crew XP than toons? In my mind you pay to be optimised not to only partially mitigate disadvantage and still be disadvantaged. How does paying money to still be (relatively) worse off & disadvantaged make sense?

Probably becouse you cannot use berlin crews in US, F, D, Japan, China, Check and Swedish tanks.

And BIA gaves you only about 2.5% to crews.. thats nothing for vast majority of users.

Edited by _Banana_Republic_, 09 September 2016 - 10:37 AM.

straubbazsi #8 Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9259 battles

How the personal bonuses work with others?

Let's say I have a double xp for the first win of the day, premium account, 3x on crew training and I made 1000 basic xp in a battle. What happens?

What if I activate more personal stuff at the same time (2x crew, 3 crew, 2x on xp)?

Thank you.

(@Ulfhedinn_

Wow.)

Edited by straubbazsi, 09 September 2016 - 10:40 AM.

250swb #9 Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:39 AM

Major

• Player
  • 13087 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I think the x3 crew bonus is a great idea for finishing off a skill. Last weekend after unlocking the Borsig and moving crews around I was left with a Commander 5% shy of being fully camo trained, so used three of the x3 reserves (plus Premium account bonus) to take him and another crew member to 100% and allow me to reset for Sixth Sense. With a tank like the Borsig every detail counts.

Edited by 250swb, 09 September 2016 - 10:40 AM.

Ulfhedinn_ #10 Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:40 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

View Post_Banana_Republic_, on 09 September 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

Probably becouse you cannot use berlin crews in US, F, D, Japan, China, Check and Swedish tanks.

And BIA gaves you only about 2.5% to crews.. thats nothing for vast majority of users.

You have PM crew for those, and Berlin for German, Russian, and Brit.

And BIA's / SoS is equivalent to vents, which is an entire equipment slot. And they come pre-skilled and train faster forever so will end up with more skills, camo skill is equivalent to another equipment slot (net), repairs is again (toolkit) etc etc. Are you really saying a tank with effectively more equipment slots isn't meaningfully advantaged?

edit - the fact WG can sell these Personal Reserves, effectively more crew skills, for real money, shows this is a significant meaningful advantage in game, and people not on this bandwagon are meaningfully disadvantaged. And disadvantage is a serious thing in WOT's when there's only 11k reward tanks per campaign and many more players than that competing for them and already with top crews. It's money down the drain cuz you can't compete with them for how over-advantaged they already are and are increasingly becoming.

Edited by Ulfhedinn_, 09 September 2016 - 10:56 AM.

_Banana_Republic_ #11 Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33791 battles

View PostUlfhedinn_, on 09 September 2016 - 10:40 AM, said:

You have PM crew for those, and Berlin for German, Russian, and Brit.

And BIA's / SoS is equivalent to vents, which is an entire equipment slot. And they come pre-skilled and train faster forever so will end up with more skills, camo skill is equivalent to another equipment slot (net), repairs is again (toolkit) etc etc. Are you really saying a tank with effectively more equipment slots isn't meaningfully advantaged?

edit - the fact WG can sell these Personal Reserves, effectively more crew skills, for real money, shows this is a significant meaningful advantage in game.

1. Which GERMAN tank is with BIA zero skill? I dont know any.

2. Again, BIA gaves you 2.5% to all skills.. doesnt matter for vast majority of players

Ulfhedinn_ #12 Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:50 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

View Post_Banana_Republic_, on 09 September 2016 - 09:44 AM, said:

1. Which GERMAN tank is with BIA zero skill? I dont know any.

2. Again, BIA gaves you 2.5% to all skills.. doesnt matter for vast majority of players

1) Unless I'm mistaken, that German tier7 VK prem hvy stated it came with free BIA's skill (Berlin crew).

2) You don't think 2.5% better aim time, better accuracy, better reload, better acceleration, view range etc, on top of the crew skills themselves getting 2.5% buff isn't an advantage? The only thing that matters in this game is edge, if you've got 2.5% better aim time, accuracy, reload etc, all other things equal you'll win out.

Anyway, not going to take over thread, said my bit here and it does stand up to scrutiny.

edit - re below the German hvy, so it comes with a free skill but it isn't zero rated in XP so they don't train faster? Are you sure? The crew economy is a very complicated and confusing thing these days with some many versions of crew about.

And re BIA's being situational, I think the opposite, it's a consistent advantage all of the time. And it's not good player versus scrub, in CW's it's good player versus good player, they'll all have BIA's, the PM & Berlin crews free skill (that they didn't have to train so could train something else) will transpose as something like camo or repairs or some other meaningful advantage. And anyway, in CW's games every little thing can make a real difference.

Edited by Ulfhedinn_, 09 September 2016 - 11:03 AM.

_Banana_Republic_ #13 Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33791 battles

View PostUlfhedinn_, on 09 September 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

1) Unless I'm mistaken, that German tier7 VK prem hvy stated it came with free BIA's skill (Berlin crew).

2) You don't think 2.5% better aim time, better accuracy, better reload, better acceleration, view range etc, on top of the crew skills themselves getting 2.5% buff isn't an advantage? The only thing that matters in this game is edge, if you've got 2.5% better aim time, accuracy, reload etc, all other things equal you'll win out.

Anyway, not going to take over thread, said my bit here and it does stand up to scrutiny.

1. VK4503 has no BIA zero skill. ITs first skill and you can reset it. I have this tank and I know it.

2. I think that you are a big drama queen. 2.5% advantage is very situational. Many players are not skilled enough to take advantage of it.

SlyMeerkat #14 Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10512 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Meh

Schmeksiman #15 Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:34 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 15035 battles
  • [INC] INC

View PostUlfhedinn_, on 09 September 2016 - 09:51 AM, said:

Usual BS

Let me quite some facts:

Player: Ulf

Number of battles: 45200 (and going up)

Number of premium tanks: Way too many, including rare premiums

Result:
Complains about having worse crews than other people...

So for those that may not understand this fully, after 40k games he should have crews with +5 skills easy, much better than most of us here. But ofc he's not that smart and instead complains about others being better than him because of his imaginary disadvantage.

Lessons to learn:

Crew management is important.

Tinfoil hat factory is a business of the future.

RePlayBoy101 #16 Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17255 battles
what a waste of money

NUKLEAR_SLUG #17 Posted 09 September 2016 - 12:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18979 battles

View PostSchmeksiman, on 09 September 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

Let me quite some facts:

Player: Ulf

Number of battles: 45200 (and going up)

Number of premium tanks: Way too many, including rare premiums

Result:
Complains about having worse crews than other people...

So for those that may not understand this fully, after 40k games he should have crews with +5 skills easy, much better than most of us here. But ofc he's not that smart and instead complains about others being better than him because of his imaginary disadvantage.

Lessons to learn:

Crew management is important.

Tinfoil hat factory is a business of the future.

Not quite. Ulfs chief complaint seems to centre around the fact that he spent a whole load of money buying all those premiums in order to maximise his crews. ie. "paying to win". However WG then went and brought out the Personal Missions content which allowed people willing to put the effort in to complete the missions to get limited amounts of crew with an accelerated learning curve. Ulf feels this slightly devalues his pay2win investment.

Oddly he's also stated anyone using the PM crews is a "pay2win tryhard" however that label doesn't somehow also apply to someone who buys 50 odd premium vehicles to pad his crew stats. I lose the logical connection at that point..

wugwugs #18 Posted 09 September 2016 - 12:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19124 battles
Crew XP from 2nd skill and up is set to ridiculous numbers, while it may seem as much - 300% is absolutely marginal  (unless you are grinding the 1st skill). Also the real crew gains from these millions of crew XP are practically irrelevant beyond getting 1st and 2nd skills. I still do not get why WG set this to infinite grind - it is not like your 5 or 6 skills crew is OP or something. These boosts whould be more relevant if the crew could be actually maxed out in, say, 1000 or so games.

Rimsplitter #19 Posted 09 September 2016 - 12:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15031 battles

View PostUlfhedinn_, on 09 September 2016 - 10:40 AM, said:

the fact WG can sell these Personal Reserves, effectively more crew skills, for real money, shows this is a significant meaningful advantage in game

That is a good point.  If they can charge real money for it then it must be worth it.

I read a lot of comments from experienced players saying that 100% crews give a slight advantage over untrained ones, but they underestimate the difference that it makes for beginners and mediocre players.  I have lots of tanks with <100% crews and once they get trained up the benefit is obvious.  So for people like me a boost to crew training is very valuable.  I can certainly feel the value of my Berlin tanks in terms of crew training.

However, Personal Reserves are given away so frequently for completing weekend missions that I can't imagine ever wanting to buy any.  I already have 23 unused ones stacked up.

One way to train up a crew on the cheap is to put them in the wrong premium tank.  I used my Pz T 25 to retrain my Leopard crew to the VK 28.01 because the crew still gets 90% of the XP even though their performance takes a big hit.  In a Tier 5 premium tank that means a 1.35 multiplier, or 2.7 for the daily double.

Edited by Rimsplitter, 09 September 2016 - 12:22 PM.

StinkyStonky #20 Posted 09 September 2016 - 12:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14972 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

View PostUlfhedinn_, on 09 September 2016 - 08:51 AM, said:

I'm not training standard crew when others have faster training PM ... crew

(and) I'm not buying Berlin tanks after being left short by PM's.

I have something like 50 Prems bought for crew training

I'm not doing PM's cuz I'm not a camper ... or play arty or TD's ... so I quit spending.

In last quarter 2014, I bought E25, ... <huge long list of Premium Tanks>.

I also used to run permanent Prem account. Since Jan 2015 and PM's started, ... I've not spent a penny. If not for PM crews, I'd have spent loads more and continued to be positive and constructive. 

Ulf raises this issue in every thread he posts in, probably in every post he posts.  The main problem with his complaint is he is being hypocritical.

You can see that Ulf used to be very happy to spend a lot of money on Premium tanks and Premium accounts.  You can also see that if it weren't for PM crews he would buy Berlin Tanks for the crews AND Personal Reserves for the crew Training.

His huge issue is with the Female PM crews.  He doesn't like them for two reasons

1) They require you to play ALL tank classes AND do ALL the roles expected of that class (like spotting in a light).

2) He can't buy them, you have to earn/win them.  He doesn't like that other can have an advantage that he can't pay to achieve. 

The fact is that there are many ways that a player can gain advantage over other player, especially with regard to high skill crews :-

1) Play a lot

2) Be in the game for a very long time (see 1).

3) Collect all the giveaway / marathon premiums that have been available over the years (see 2)

4) Buy Premium tanks (extra silver and crew training)

5) Buy Premium Account (extra silver, XP and crew training)

​6) Buy all the rare tanks that are only occasionally sold (who'd like a Fury !!)

Ulf has taken advantage of ALL of these but has a huge issue when he can no longer "Pay to Win".  The Female PM crews have to be won.  There are 20 available (5 for each PM tank, unless there are other means that have never been available to me because I haven't been in the game long enough).  So for player who have completed the Object 260 Mission their 20 females fill 4 or 5 (perhaps 6 if they have used them on small French tanks).  Most players will have 1 or 2 tanks with full female crews.

Note that you can buy unlimited Berlin crews, but only if your toys are still in the pram.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users