Wargaming Store Additions Comin' In Hot!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:02 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Your one-stop shop for Wargaming gear is getting some fresh supplies, including a selection from Cobi and Italeri, and much more!

Full news text

_Sentinel_ #2 Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:12 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14712 battles
Is this tomorrow's special?

Edited by _Sentinel_, 16 September 2016 - 03:12 PM.

Aoishi #3 Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19556 battles
  • [RDDTF] RDDTF
I want the Steyer WT

StinkyStonky #4 Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26218 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

I bought the World of Tanks "Rush" (card game).  The box claimed that there was a code that gave a premium tank for the online game (a Tier IV German heavy).

This game was bought in good faith but when it came to it, the activation code only works on the US server and the EU support team refused to honour it.

So I wont be buying any WoT merchandise and I would advise everyone else to be very wary.

Hokum15 #5 Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32673 battles
  • [HO_PO] HO_PO

View PostStinkyStonky, on 16 September 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

I bought the World of Tanks "Rush" (card game).  The box claimed that there was a code that gave a premium tank for the online game (a Tier IV German heavy).

This game was bought in good faith but when it came to it, the activation code only works on the US server and the EU support team refused to honour it.

So I wont be buying any WoT merchandise and I would advise everyone else to be very wary.

That's odd as they had no issue doing it for me, I sent them a copy of the receipt and a scan of the card/code and they put the B2 on my account.  

StinkyStonky #6 Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26218 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

View PostHokum15, on 16 September 2016 - 02:36 PM, said:

That's odd as they had no issue doing it for me, I sent them a copy of the receipt and a scan of the card/code and they put the B2 on my account.  

I bought mine while I was on holiday and tried to use the code a week or so later when I returned home, by which time the small scrap of paper (the till receipt) was nowhere to be found.

So WG support used that as an excuse to not honour their own merchandise and hence and extremely fscked off customer.

As I said, beware.  This is a company that places higher importance on £5 of virtual content (note no actual cost to them at all) than on customer satisfaction.

You have been warned.

SlyMeerkat #7 Posted 16 September 2016 - 04:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15503 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
I got one of those coins but its a FILO related one, very nice and good quality too

Oogge #8 Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 20452 battles

What? Seriously? Has your swag product designer ever even played World of Tanks? So the medals, yes, they really do look cool. Well, two of them do... on one side. But why would you possibly pick these designs to manufacture?

Achievements Collectible Coin

Starting from the back side of the coin, what is the meaning of this "Gaming awards" text on the coin? Are these supposed to be some sort of award coins? Ones that anyone can buy when they decide they have earned a generic gaming award for some achievement? Or is it supposed to remind that this game has won X amount of awards from whatever sources? It seems that this phrase doesn't serve any purpose here. And the phrase "See you in my gun sight"... what? "Let's make a coin and slap some generic phrase on it, which does not appear in any form in the actual game!".  Seriously, you could have actually used a text in somehow connected to your brand, such as "Time to roll out!" like the crew says at the beginning of a match. Also the gear design of the outer edge of the coin, well, I cannot seem to connect this design in any way either to WoT of WG branding, so it's just another generic, worthless design element here.

On the front of the coin. Oh my, the center stage is taken up by a globe map design inside a gear and some stars. Generic, meaningless, in no way connected to WoT or WG brand. Then on the outside. Well that's where we find the only connection to the game itself, the achievement icons, which are tiny and have absolutely horrible level of detail. That detail is in fact so bad, that I couldn't even tell what two of the achievement icons were without zooming in the picture. Also it seems that the second WoT logo looking award icon is entirely made up, or at least I couldn't find it any list of WoT awards/medals. The one on the top is obviously top gun, but the one on the right side I've never seen before. Maybe it's a clan war thing? I don't know, if someone can figure out, please do let me know.

On a quick glance, I see the chances slim to none that someone would even connect this coin to WoT. I would be disappointed in this one even if I was given one for free.

Confederate and Defender Collectible Coins

Now these two. These look really nice! Nice big achievement icon right from the game, with nice colours too! Name of the achievement on the bottom and some tank icons on top to take up the space, makes it look balanced. And these elements are actually from the game! NOICE! Hooooowever. Confederate? Defender? When it comes to achievements, these are the second rate ones. Where is the Top Gun, High Caliber or Invader? I bet just about anyone would take a Top Gun coin over Confederate and Invader over Defender. Well, if you already have those more desirable achievement coins in the works, you're forgiven.

Oh... oh my... I just looked at the back side of these coins. That same "See you in my gun sight" text is there again. What is that thing? Is it some XBox marketing slogan I'm not aware of since I'm playing on PC only? Why? Whyyyyyy? Also... you have defaced your own logo! The main WoT logo in the middle... it does not even have a single straight line in it! Could you have at least cherry picked one for the photo that didn't look like such a mess? Besides, the entire back side of the coin is just way too busy. All you needed was a huge WoT logo with no text whatsoever and you would have been fine, but the logo with full text, the two tanks and the "ROLL OUT" text is just too much. Besides, the whole "ROLL OUT" addition to the logo just screams "Marketing material" to me. It's not even in the game! NOWHERE! Only in marketing material! Get rid of it!

Patrol Duty Collectible Coin

Mostly same as above, however, with no colour it's just... a little "meh". Sure it's faithful to the actual icon, but... at least you could thrown in some colour in the lenses and the round background for contrast. It simply lacks visual impact. This is visually the least interesting one you could have picked, and that is what you did.

Price

20 Euros... really? In current condition, I would be willing to pay 5 euros max. If you fix the back of the coins which turned out looking like cheesy marketing material rather than collector's item, I'd go up to 10 euros. However I wouldn't want swag reminding me of only second rate achievements, so I wouldn't buy any before I could also get Top Gun and possibly Invader or High Caliber to go along with these. Alternatively you could include some in-game bonus code with these coins to increase the value, and I'm not talking about a tier 2 or 3 premium tank, which ends up sold for credits or just 7 day premium.

So, good attempt, but I'm amazed how such a good idea ended up with so disappointing execution. 

FreakaMan #9 Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 45660 battles

For 20 euros the coins look surprisingly low quality.

"See you in my Gun Sights" what the f... is this slogan? Is it supposed to sound "bad [edited]" or something? It sounds more like something that comes out of one TBH. Marketing genius at work there.

Talking about marketing "geniuses", I'd call you out for releasing the 3 most useless awards first, but we all know that if you would have released "Top Gun" and "High Caliber" (which is what most people will likely bother buying) from the get go, you wouldn't get the chance to first "milk" addicts for these 3 awards too. It's OK, us smarter folk will wait for you to release "Top Gun" and then more until you sell it at a 50% discount.

Can't wait for the Russian Ruble to come back up so Wargaming stops trying to milk us EU people to recover the lost profits on the RU cluster.

A new tier 8 premium every month, overpriced low quality merchandise released in cascade to maximize profit, making lower tier premiums seem "limited edition" by letting us buy them only for a few days (but having them on sale every 3 months). I don't even remember when you guys added a tank to the tech tree, to be bought with in-game gold, awarded in CW or ESL, Every tank is in a pack, for real cash only now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users