Premium Shop: Skorpion Is Back!

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 24 September 2016 - 08:39 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
One of the most well-received tanks is back on the shelves - grab yours today!

Full news text

leggasiini #2 Posted 24 September 2016 - 08:48 AM

Major

• Player
  • 540 battles

If i were you i would have never sold it again...:sceptic:

Its kinda broken, and it already infected matchmaking. Now Scorpion flood is going to be even worse. And now that there is Grille 15 ToT everyone wants crew trainer for it...

Ehh, i guess making money is priority over anything.

PoIestar #3 Posted 24 September 2016 - 08:58 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 28902 battles
  • [REBLS] REBLS

View Postleggasiini, on 24 September 2016 - 08:48 AM, said:

It should be. Just not in such an obvious retarded way.

_____dante_____ #4 Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 50 battles

HAHAHA, so the sales were THAT good last time that you just couldn't resist and put it on sales again, hahaha.

I can't believe it, I thought I'd see it in maybe a year or maybe New Year, or maybe even never considering how good it is, and was happy I got mine when I did, but this is just so hilarious! :D

SlyMeerkat #5 Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11797 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Its a good little tank, Aced mine unexpectedly but its a great tank, worth a buy, be it a collector like me or crew trainer/money maker

Amun_RA #6 Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:33 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31693 battles
No one complains about free tanks being broken. No one complains about IS3, about T49 (like a very agile arty), about Jpanther, Jgdtiger or American tier 9, 10 heavies and tds, because you can get them for free. Stop complaining so much about premium tanks just because some of you cannot buy them or because you cannot deal with them while driving your favorite tank. If I drive my Type 59, for example, I don't like it either when Borsig takes away more than half of my hp and I cannot even see it or Jgdtiger tier 9, American tier 9 heavy or even tier 8 Japanese heavy which I can barely put a shot into it, but I do not complain.
You can see Skorpion from the Moon, it's big, turns very slow, has paper armour and very bad view range on the move. It only has good gun and it's fast in straight line. It even has lower dpm than Borsig.
Lately, I was a one shot in Type and I got killed, frontally by a Hellcat but I did not complain - it is a td so it is supposed to have a good gun; it is paper so it is supposed to be fast in order to run fast from the enemy. No one complains when it managed to shoot and kill Skorpion or Grille frontally very easily and no one complains when it hasn't managed to kill Jgdtiger frontally - because it is a td  and it is supposed to have armour... But Skorpion doesn't have armour... Do you get it? It has to compensate the lack of armour with speed.
I think all tanks should be fun including premium ones.
Stop complaining and take it as a challenge if you think a certain tank you encounter is op.

Edited by Amun_RA, 24 September 2016 - 09:37 AM.

Gwandi #7 Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:34 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 3908 battles
I should buy one, considering how OP it is...

Dont_Stop #8 Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25773 battles
  • [CRBER] CRBER
Go home scorpion, nobody needs you!

Gwandi #9 Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:40 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 3908 battles

View PostAmun_RA, on 24 September 2016 - 09:33 AM, said:

No one complains about free tanks being broken. No one complains about IS3, about T49 (like a very agile arty), about Jpanther, Jgdtiger or American tier 9, 10 heavies and tds, because you can get them for free. Stop complaining so much about premium tanks just because some of you cannot buy them or because you cannot deal with them while driving your favorite tank. If I drive my Type 59, for example, I don't like it either when Borsig takes away more than half of my hp and I cannot even see it or Jgdtiger tier 9, American tier 9 heavy or even tier 8 Japanese heavy which I can barely put a shot into it, but I do not complain.

Plenty of people complain about the IS3 and T49. There is nothing wrong with the USA heavies though or the Jpanther. The Jagdtiger is quite crap(95% of all the hits you take breaks a module or kills a crew member) and the O-Ho is just completely terrible.

SpikeTank #10 Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:45 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 52009 battles

View PostAmun_RA, on 24 September 2016 - 08:33 AM, said:

You can see Skorpion from the Moon, it's big, turns very slow, has paper armour and very bad view range on the move. It only has good gun and it's fast in straight line. It even has lower dpm than Borsig.
Lately, I was a one shot in Type and I got killed, frontally by a Hellcat but I did not complain - it is a td so it is supposed to have a good gun; it is paper so it is supposed to be fast in order to run fast from the enemy. No one complains when it managed to shoot and kill Skorpion or Grille frontally very easily and no one complains when it hasn't managed to kill Jgdtiger frontally - because it is a td  and it is supposed to have armour... But Skorpion doesn't have armour... Do you get it? It has to compensate the lack of armour with speed.
Stop complaining and take it as a challenge if you think a certain tank you encounter is op.

Most of the tanks you named are not OP, then we have the scorpion, not only OP as hell but a crutch for people that cant play good. Most tomatoes that have 47% win ratio suddenly have 50% and up in scorpion....

SovietBias #11 Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33290 battles
  • [DIRE] DIRE

lol :facepalm:

Akathis #12 Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61766 battles

Bad movement: high tier matches are infested with extremely high alpha tanks and burst autoloaders with short inter-shots and reload time tanks => gameplay is slow, is stagnant, because first who moves is the first who dies.

This is like a grille 15 that sees tier 6 tanks. It stagnates the gameplay at tier 6, even more when tier 6 tanks are almost oneshot to it and dont have the alpha to punish skorpion attacks, nor the speed to chase it.

Rebalance should come as fast as possible, game is being destroyed.

Sams_Baneblade #13 Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15436 battles

I'll be clear: I'm very average in it for now. 2 medals over 64 battles, 1,5k avg, horrible MM for the 50 first battles... -_-

But I feel this tank has an insane potential if you are good enough (tomatoes will stay tomatoes, though).

It's a real pleasure to pen a T28 Proto in the front hull, or calming down IS-3 hordes. ;)

Edited by Sams_Baneblade, 24 September 2016 - 10:04 AM.

Hokum15 #14 Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:02 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28008 battles
  • [HO_PO] HO_PO
A tank capable of carrying a match, with its ability to flex, the good gun handling and alpha. But also a tank when played by the 'great unwashed' has all the stealth of a Las Vegas billboard.  

Frascas #15 Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30684 battles

http://www.vbaddict.net/statistics.php?tier=0&tanktype=0&nation=0&premium=0&modeid=0&team=0&battles=1000&groupby=0&fieldname=battles&server=

First time ever a premium tank is more played than the migthy IS3. And now there are going to be even more Skorpions. Greed knows no limits. Good job Wargaming for making Tier 8 unplayable for those who doesn't play ISx and Skorpions.

_maxdz_ #16 Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:14 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5696 battles

View Postleggasiini, on 24 September 2016 - 08:48 AM, said:

If i were you i would have never sold it again...:sceptic:

Its kinda broken, and it already infected matchmaking. Now Scorpion flood is going to be even worse. And now that there is Grille 15 ToT everyone wants crew trainer for it...

Average players are not impressing in it. Therefore it unlikely this tank did any influental changes in general games stats, but hype among players is high - thus logical decision to sell it again.

_maxdz_ #17 Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:16 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5696 battles

View PostHokum15, on 24 September 2016 - 10:02 AM, said:

A tank capable of carrying a match, with its ability to flex, the good gun handling and alpha. But also a tank when played by the 'great unwashed' has all the stealth of a Las Vegas billboard.  

Not tanks carrying matches but players. And actually Scorpion G is not good in carying - no armour, little health, poor camo. 2-3 shoting by everything at that levels.

Cobra6 #18 Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:31 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 14364 battles

No one complains about free tanks being broken. (....) about T49 (like a very agile arty)

49%'er calling the T49 OP, if it was an overpowered tank your WR in it would be higher than your average WR like on your IS-3.

I'm sorry but you have no clue what you are talking about.

And to WG who put the Skorpion on sale again: Please, it's starting to be pathetic now the way you are doing these obvious cashgrabs.

Cobra 6

joelbegani #19 Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:47 AM

Private

• Player
  • 29664 battles
  • [T-ITA] T-ITA

all wait type59 back , not this skorpion ... 

JiM_WEST7 #20 Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:47 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16095 battles

I just bought one of these as I need a tier 8 premium I enjoy playing in order to earn credits, I own the CDC & T34, while both have their moments they are both incredibly frustrating to play at times.

But in regards to the Skorpion, is the general consensus that these are OP? I've yet to play a battle in mine myself but based on my own in game experiences coming up against or playing in a team with these they don't seem OP. They seem no more or less threatening than any other tier 8 TD, premium or standard.  :unsure:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users