Premium Shop: Skorpion Is Back!

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

SlyMeerkat #21 Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:48 AM

Major

• Player
  • 17811 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
See people complaining about this tank being OP and that it ruins match making and from my point of view, its just another tank and a premium one at that and its not much bothered me if the matches were to be full of these things..... I have killed these tanks a lot more then I have been killed by them that's for sure.

LaManche #22 Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:55 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19668 battles
  • [3EGS] 3EGS

On average I manage to pull off three shots per battle before getting HEd back to garage. On my ace game I had 4k+ damage and very often I see Scorpions getting 3k-4k damage per battle so this tank has a lot of potential... but selling this tank again in such a short amount of time? Thought this tank will be back in Christmas.

I'm an SPG lover so more tanks like this on the battlefield make my SU rejoice *hrhrhrhrhrhr*. :justwait:

Last thing, I was watching the Developers Panel on WoT NA YouTube channel and the devs said that Scorpion is the new kind of premium, setting the bar for further premium vehicles. This means no more retarded KanonenJagdpanzers and more of OP-like tanks.

FireStarteR_SRB #23 Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24559 battles
Just wow, I thought we already have more than enough Scorpions. If things are going this way, I guess we need to prepare ourselves for new sale of E-25 in the near future.

Sjurhb #24 Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:00 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 42219 battles
  • [NTRS] NTRS
Take the money. nobody cares about balance anyway.:coin:

jagdcommander #25 Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41306 battles

View PostSpikeTank, on 24 September 2016 - 09:45 AM, said:

Most of the tanks you named are not OP, then we have the scorpion, not only OP as hell but a crutch for people that cant play good. Most tomatoes that have 47% win ratio suddenly have 50% and up in scorpion....

I must get my wallet out :teethhappy:

I agree, they are hugely OP and although it was a completely different type of tank, WG should be careful to avoid a repeat of the old scenario when five or six Type 59's on each side would terrorize everything else on the battlefield just because at the time they outclassed everything else. It wasn't the irritation of repeatedly getting killed by the little fockers that bothered me, more the way that having a lot of one tank type reduces variety in the game.

Ludi_Templar #26 Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11552 battles

View PostAmun_RA, on 24 September 2016 - 08:33 AM, said:

No one complains about free tanks being broken. No one complains about IS3, about T49 (like a very agile arty), about Jpanther, Jgdtiger or American tier 9, 10 heavies and tds, because you can get them for free. Stop complaining so much about premium tanks just because some of you cannot buy them or because you cannot deal with them while driving your favorite tank. If I drive my Type 59, for example, I don't like it either when Borsig takes away more than half of my hp and I cannot even see it or Jgdtiger tier 9, American tier 9 heavy or even tier 8 Japanese heavy which I can barely put a shot into it, but I do not complain.
You can see Skorpion from the Moon, it's big, turns very slow, has paper armour and very bad view range on the move. It only has good gun and it's fast in straight line. It even has lower dpm than Borsig.
Lately, I was a one shot in Type and I got killed, frontally by a Hellcat but I did not complain - it is a td so it is supposed to have a good gun; it is paper so it is supposed to be fast in order to run fast from the enemy. No one complains when it managed to shoot and kill Skorpion or Grille frontally very easily and no one complains when it hasn't managed to kill Jgdtiger frontally - because it is a td  and it is supposed to have armour... But Skorpion doesn't have armour... Do you get it? It has to compensate the lack of armour with speed.
I think all tanks should be fun including premium ones.
Stop complaining and take it as a challenge if you think a certain tank you encounter is op.

Facepalm ...

Amun_RA #27 Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:18 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47469 battles

View PostCobra6, on 24 September 2016 - 09:31 AM, said:

49%'er calling the T49 OP, if it was an overpowered tank your WR in it would be higher than your average WR like on your IS-3.

I'm sorry but you have no clue what you are talking about.

And to WG who put the Skorpion on sale again: Please, it's starting to be pathetic now the way you are doing these obvious cashgrabs.

Cobra 6

Stop looking so much at stats. I've just entered with t49 and 'suicided'  in order to get the marathon done, between battles of other nations. And I suicide a lot when the team is complete noob. I play for fun not for stats or sometimes just for fast credit grab. 

Edited by Amun_RA, 24 September 2016 - 11:18 AM.

LaManche #28 Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19668 battles
  • [3EGS] 3EGS

View PostAmun_RA, on 24 September 2016 - 11:18 AM, said:

Stop looking so much at stats. I've just entered with t49 and 'suicided'  in order to get the marathon done, between battles of other nations. And I suicide a lot when the team is complete noob. I play for fun not for stats or sometimes just for fast credit grab. 

Suicide in a tank is a lot of fun, especially for your team.

This is why you're not a good player. If you'd try, you'd sometimes pull off games where you carried your team when you were losing 9-4 etc. That's a much better feeling than going full retard and drowning yourself when your team is not doing well.

General_McMuschi #29 Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23925 battles

how much money does it make? I mean, if you do 1.5k - 2k damage per battle which isn't a lot at all in this tank and I expect it to be pretty easy even for a player like me, does it make ~50k? more, less? (with a prem account).

The only t8 premium tank that I have is T54 mod1 and it's not much of a moneymaker. The second best thing I have is SU 122 44 in which I make more money than in Mod 1 even tho it's only t7, because it's got the DPM. So I'm thinking about getting a real and useful money maker, and I've been considering buying Skorp for a while now (it's expensive) because I do enjoy my Charioteer, and Skorpion plays similarly.

So, can you guys who have it tell me how much profit you make with it?

Edited by General_McMuschi, 24 September 2016 - 11:39 AM.

Max_Calibre #30 Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21684 battles

View PostAkathis, on 24 September 2016 - 08:54 AM, said:

Bad movement: high tier matches are infested with extremely high alpha tanks and burst autoloaders with short inter-shots and reload time tanks => gameplay is slow, is stagnant, because first who moves is the first who dies.

This is like a grille 15 that sees tier 6 tanks. It stagnates the gameplay at tier 6, even more when tier 6 tanks are almost oneshot to it and dont have the alpha to punish skorpion attacks, nor the speed to chase it.

Rebalance should come as fast as possible, game is being destroyed.

oh dear lol

gameplay is ruined not by noob players in T8 Premiums who have yet to even reach T8 with there accounts - but can now play T8 ~ T10

its being ruined by Wargame with weekly and relentless almost desperately begging for Premium Shop sales with Premium T8 tank sales, over and over and over

wonder why?

Chimeratech #31 Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:50 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18739 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
they'll sell like there's no tomorrow :sceptic: then they'll stealth nerf it :sceptic: then they'll never sell it again 

Burty61 #32 Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12294 battles
WG running out of money or something? Be nice if we could see some actual game improvements from all the money they have sponged out of people.

N0ctis_ #33 Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31103 battles
  • [322] 322
Monstrous credit maker,5 shots and you get like 90k.

Worth it if you dont have too many tier 8 premiums.

bandit287 #34 Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 37597 battles
  • [-AND-] -AND-
Am i the only one that never had any problems facing it in battle ? I actually cheer when i see it because its a damage pinata in my opinion. Nothing fancy about it. I think everyone says its OP because you heard someone before you saying it and he heard it from someone else. In a good player's hands, every tank can exceed its expectations. I think the Scorpion is no different. Then again, i dont play tier 8 so often, so maybe i just dont see it that way. I think the tank is nothing fancy.

Gremlin182 #35 Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:34 PM

General

• Player
  • 54248 battles

Bought one when it first came out and still working out how to play it.

When it was new to the game you could often survive several shots most games now you die with the first or second shot as everyone is now carrying some HE.

I suspect it will get  tweaked in some way or very few will want to play it.

Glass cannons must be stealthy and or very fast.

_maxdz_ #36 Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5809 battles

View PostGeneral_McMuschi, on 24 September 2016 - 11:37 AM, said:

how much money does it make? I mean, if you do 1.5k - 2k damage per battle which isn't a lot at all in this tank and I expect it to be pretty easy even for a player like me, does it make ~50k? more, less? (with a prem account).

The only t8 premium tank that I have is T54 mod1 and it's not much of a moneymaker. The second best thing I have is SU 122 44 in which I make more money than in Mod 1 even tho it's only t7, because it's got the DPM. So I'm thinking about getting a real and useful money maker, and I've been considering buying Skorp for a while now (it's expensive) because I do enjoy my Charioteer, and Skorpion plays similarly.

So, can you guys who have it tell me how much profit you make with it?

It makes good credits. I've played ca. 100 battles in it so far - and got ~27k credits per game "netto". Dealing average damage of 2 pens per game.

_maxdz_ #37 Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:47 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5809 battles

View Postbandit287, on 24 September 2016 - 12:26 PM, said:

Am i the only one that never had any problems facing it in battle ? I actually cheer when i see it because its a damage pinata in my opinion. Nothing fancy about it. I think everyone says its OP because you heard someone before you saying it and he heard it from someone else. In a good player's hands, every tank can exceed its expectations. I think the Scorpion is no different. Then again, i dont play tier 8 so often, so maybe i just dont see it that way. I think the tank is nothing fancy.

Good player will be good in it. But probably will be even better in Borsig (much better camo, much smaller profile).

Skorpion makes much more credits in comparison with Borsig though.

Micro_Megas #38 Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40722 battles
Well, WG u are slowly going to transform WoT into a Pay2Win with premium tanks like this.

radu1341 #39 Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3480 battles

Somebody must get to them and tell them BRING THAT GODDAMN OIL PRICE DOWN!!!!

Somebody must stop em now what I mean?

Eat_My_Bullet #40 Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 65 battles

holy crap.... I own one , but to get on such greeding position WG? You can't be more stupid or what? Is RU WG office avare of ur stupidity?

ur a company which earn nice $$,but ur selling " rear" tanks... every 2-3 weeks thats not what we call rear or special tank. holy moly  :facepalm: 

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users