Jump to content


Premium Shop: Skorpion Is Back!


  • Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Dark_Wolfen #41 Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:34 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 24510 battles
  • 105
  • Member since:
    11-28-2011

View PostAmun_RA, on 24 September 2016 - 09:33 AM, said:

No one complains about free tanks being broken. No one complains about IS3, about T49 (like a very agile arty), about Jpanther, Jgdtiger or American tier 9, 10 heavies and tds, because you can get them for free. Stop complaining so much about premium tanks just because some of you cannot buy them or because you cannot deal with them while driving your favorite tank. If I drive my Type 59, for example, I don't like it either when Borsig takes away more than half of my hp and I cannot even see it or Jgdtiger tier 9, American tier 9 heavy or even tier 8 Japanese heavy which I can barely put a shot into it, but I do not complain.
You can see Skorpion from the Moon, it's big, turns very slow, has paper armour and very bad view range on the move. It only has good gun and it's fast in straight line. It even has lower dpm than Borsig.
Lately, I was a one shot in Type and I got killed, frontally by a Hellcat but I did not complain - it is a td so it is supposed to have a good gun; it is paper so it is supposed to be fast in order to run fast from the enemy. No one complains when it managed to shoot and kill Skorpion or Grille frontally very easily and no one complains when it hasn't managed to kill Jgdtiger frontally - because it is a td  and it is supposed to have armour... But Skorpion doesn't have armour... Do you get it? It has to compensate the lack of armour with speed.
I think all tanks should be fun including premium ones.
Stop complaining and take it as a challenge if you think a certain tank you encounter is op.

 

Uhm, everybody complains about the E5 and IS-3 being OP. All the other tanks you mentioned are quite bad, so there is no need to cry OP. And one mayor difference: everybody has a fair chance at getting those tanks, but some players are not able to afford premium tanks, making it P2W if they're OP.

 

And in regards to the tank. If you're a good player that knows how to handle paper TD's that are fast, this is the best premium WG has released yet. But you shouldn't play it like a Borsig. I play my Skorp quite aggressive, since you have the speed and the alpha to pull it off. Just make sure they don't know where you hit them from. Use the speed and viewrange to hit them from unexpected angles or come out when they're busy and you'll never get HE'd to death. I don't even remember the last time I got HE'd unless I was the last tank alive, since I don't give the enemy the opportunity to load HE in anticipation. I however HE plenty of less experienced Skorp drivers, simply because they are in the same position for too long. And this thing can carry like crazy, but not in a traditional tank-push-breakthrough way. More in the sense that you kill all the enemies before they even know what hit them.



wsatnutter #42 Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:35 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 25912 battles
  • 8,925
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

looks like WG are short of beer money

 



PinkyDK #43 Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:37 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 43464 battles
  • 568
  • [KISS-] KISS-
  • Member since:
    02-11-2011
Nerf the Skorpion to a decent level. They die fast but they are fast and they penetrate tier 10 heavy tanks easy not even having to use APCR while driving around snapshotting everything... Nerfint aimtime and reload time could be justified as Pay2Win prevention because I think everyone wants it if they could afford it.

Ulfhedinn_ #44 Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:44 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 48246 battles
  • 7,041
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013
How much more money I would have spent on this game if it hadn't been for exclusive Personal Mission reward crew making it a rip off for solo's and non campers. Not a penny since Dec 2014.

Vedrano #45 Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:59 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 42304 battles
  • 352
  • Member since:
    08-21-2011

Russians need some money for oktober, soo they bring out there cashcow... 

 

And of course, all the kids will buy it and fail with the tank. 



Grippin #46 Posted 24 September 2016 - 02:12 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 56949 battles
  • 777
  • [LS] LS
  • Member since:
    07-19-2010

The game has been ruined by this tank, but who cares, sell some more. One more step closer to self destruction. Despite in short term you will make loads of money, in long term, you will lose more, because people will be fed up with this imba pay 2 win style, you just started.

 

You know what? I don't care. Battlefield 1 preordered, and do whatever the damn you want with this annoying mess. Seriously, if you just do not care about the consequences, I do not care about your game anymore either. By the way, I'm sad that WoT ended up here and the good old fun times are gone forever...


Edited by Grippin, 24 September 2016 - 02:25 PM.


Cobra6 #47 Posted 24 September 2016 - 02:33 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16458 battles
  • 16,555
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View PostAmun_RA, on 24 September 2016 - 10:18 AM, said:

 

Stop looking so much at stats. I've just entered with t49 and 'suicided'  in order to get the marathon done, between battles of other nations. And I suicide a lot when the team is complete noob. I play for fun not for stats or sometimes just for fast credit grab. 

 

Uhm.....Winning is fun? This "I play for fun, not or stats" is one of the dumbest none-arguments floating around on this forum.

It's coincidentally also funny that most players who "play for fun" always seem to have win ratios lower than 50%, guess all those competent players of 53%+ are not having fun then.

 

You suiciding because of your hissy-fit robs the 14 other members of your team of their fun, but I guess you don't care about that because you play for fun.....right?

 

Cobra 6



Sturmi_0545 #48 Posted 24 September 2016 - 03:47 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 42126 battles
  • 496
  • [SNOB] SNOB
  • Member since:
    02-24-2011
WG PR/marketing reported as idle/bot.

ammarmar #49 Posted 24 September 2016 - 04:59 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 32819 battles
  • 2,872
  • Member since:
    01-29-2011

Oh no! Who would have expected?

 

https://www.youtube....h?v=sAn7baRbhx4


Edited by ammarmar, 24 September 2016 - 05:00 PM.


Ba_nshee #50 Posted 24 September 2016 - 05:17 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 26607 battles
  • 240
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-18-2016

View PostAmun_RA, on 24 September 2016 - 09:33 AM, said:

No one complains about free tanks being broken. No one complains about IS3, about T49 (like a very agile arty), about Jpanther, Jgdtiger or American tier 9, 10 heavies and tds, because you can get them for free. Stop complaining so much about premium tanks just because some of you cannot buy them or because you cannot deal with them while driving your favorite tank. If I drive my Type 59, for example, I don't like it either when Borsig ...

 

Wow, you lost all of your credibility really f' fast.



Thrael7 #51 Posted 24 September 2016 - 05:25 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 23931 battles
  • 2,000
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-17-2012

Block Quote

 Premium Shop: Skorpion Is Back!

 

PS Is it Mutz next Saturday? I changed my mind again...


Edited by Thrael7, 24 September 2016 - 05:35 PM.


Amun_RA #52 Posted 24 September 2016 - 06:20 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 45847 battles
  • 352
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

View PostCobra6, on 24 September 2016 - 01:33 PM, said:

 

Uhm.....Winning is fun? This "I play for fun, not or stats" is one of the dumbest none-arguments floating around on this forum.

It's coincidentally also funny that most players who "play for fun" always seem to have win ratios lower than 50%, guess all those competent players of 53%+ are not having fun then.

 

You suiciding because of your hissy-fit robs the 14 other members of your team of their fun, but I guess you don't care about that because you play for fun.....right?

 

Cobra 6

 

Do not exagerate. I said I suicide when the team is complete noob, for example you have to defend base north on Erlenberg and all team goes yolo south on the east side. And you beg anyone to come and help you defend base but no one comes and they just camp south of the map, far away from base. I don't always have the mood to fight for such a team. 

I used lately to go yolo with the T49 in hope of fast damage and kill of an enemy scout. I am not proud, but the grind for the marathon is way too much! So one does everything it can in order to get kills and damage during the limited time it has to play for this marathon - it is also WG's fault. And this is also available for some personal missions - if you really want to do your mission you are very likely to ruin others game... But this is WG. 

I think the main problem is not the difference between the different types of tanks in the game, but the fact that players don't have map awareness and do not go where they are supposed to go. 

That is all I wanted to say. Please let's not continue this discussion, at least not here. It is not about the announcement. You can write to me in the game. Good luck! 


Edited by Amun_RA, 24 September 2016 - 06:22 PM.


Dark_Wolfen #53 Posted 24 September 2016 - 07:09 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 24510 battles
  • 105
  • Member since:
    11-28-2011

View PostAmun_RA, on 24 September 2016 - 06:20 PM, said:

 

Do not exagerate. I said I suicide when the team is complete noob, for example you have to defend base north on Erlenberg and all team goes yolo south on the east side. And you beg anyone to come and help you defend base but no one comes and they just camp south of the map, far away from base. I don't always have the mood to fight for such a team. 

I used lately to go yolo with the T49 in hope of fast damage and kill of an enemy scout. I am not proud, but the grind for the marathon is way too much! So one does everything it can in order to get kills and damage during the limited time it has to play for this marathon - it is also WG's fault. And this is also available for some personal missions - if you really want to do your mission you are very likely to ruin others game... But this is WG. 

I think the main problem is not the difference between the different types of tanks in the game, but the fact that players don't have map awareness and do not go where they are supposed to go. 

That is all I wanted to say. Please let's not continue this discussion, at least not here. It is not about the announcement. You can write to me in the game. Good luck! 

With such an attitude you are more often the problem then not.  Learn to adept. Whole team goes one way? Join them and don't die alone, coach your team into defending the base after taking the flank. Suiciding is ALWAYS detrimental to the team. Heck, I've been in plenty of games that were like 12-4 and the losing team still came back and won. You blame the team, but honestly... it just sounds like you're more often the bad player here than your teammates. And if you don't want to play with a team, DON'T QUEUE AND DO SOMETHING ELSE!

 

And don't shove your bad playstyle on WG. Is the mission really bad? Yes it is. That is why I won't even bother competing for it. The reward is bad and the mission is an unfun grind. If you want to play badly for the mission, it is 100% YOUR OWN DECISION. Seriously, you have a really bad attitude. It's always someone else's fault. Look at your own plays man, you are ruining the game for others, and maybe even yourself.

Btw, suiciding for easy damage and kills is one of the worst ways to farm your mission, so maybe you want to learn how to gitgud.


Edited by Dark_Wolfen, 24 September 2016 - 07:13 PM.


ScottishJunky #54 Posted 24 September 2016 - 08:13 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4154 battles
  • 361
  • [D_G_M] D_G_M
  • Member since:
    07-21-2016
Is this worth it.. A bit damn expensive thought :/ I kinda wanna wait till Christmas to get the type 62

RockyHorror #55 Posted 24 September 2016 - 08:52 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 39043 battles
  • 17
  • [-WOD] -WOD
  • Member since:
    06-19-2011

View PostCobra6, on 24 September 2016 - 09:31 AM, said:

 

49%'er calling the T49 OP, if it was an overpowered tank your WR in it would be higher than your average WR like on your IS-3.

 

I'm sorry but you have no clue what you are talking about.

 

And to WG who put the Skorpion on sale again: Please, it's starting to be pathetic now the way you are doing these obvious cashgrabs.

 

Cobra 6

 

"And to WG who put the Skorpion on sale again: Please, it's starting to be pathetic now the way you are doing these obvious cashgrabs."

+1



Sams_Baneblade #56 Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:45 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17342 battles
  • 1,200
  • [SA_LT] SA_LT
  • Member since:
    04-24-2012

View PostScottishJunky, on 24 September 2016 - 08:13 PM, said:

Is this worth it.. A bit damn expensive thought :/ I kinda wanna wait till Christmas to get the type 62

It is worth. But only if the pilot knows about what to do with a racing-barn without camo. It is very unforgiving. :/ But that boomstick, tho. :teethhappy:


PS: forget about the Type 62. You can get better for less any day of the week. :trollface:



FireStickCZ #57 Posted 25 September 2016 - 01:00 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 5184 battles
  • 98
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

Guys, read my post and write your opinions there!

http://forum.worldof...-g-overpowered/

Thanks



_HakunaMatata_ #58 Posted 25 September 2016 - 01:20 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 62567 battles
  • 256
  • Member since:
    08-23-2011

As long as WG puts money making tier 8 tanks in tier 10 matches, I will never pay money for them. Why should I pay real money to be Salami for tier 10? I want to make money and those premium tier 8 tanks that go in tier 10 are not fun to play.

 

 

 

 

 

WG has two things to fix in this stupid world of tanks game.

 

Remove tier 8 premium tanks from tier 10 matches.

Remove XVM.

Game is fixed.

 

 



8126Jakobsson #59 Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:30 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 72106 battles
  • 4,003
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostUlfhedinn_, on 24 September 2016 - 01:44 PM, said:

How much more money I would have spent on this game if it hadn't been for exclusive Personal Mission reward crew making it a rip off for solo's and non campers. Not a penny since Dec 2014.

 

Skoda T40  :hiding:

Ancybot #60 Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:46 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19243 battles
  • 468
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014
A lot of people complain that it got silent nerf and got back into the shop. I was considering buying skorp, but now im not sure if it's good idea to be proponent of silent nerfs of premium tanks

According to q&a from 13.09 it could be real
 

Block Quote

 -”what have you done to the Skorpion G?”  -We corrected some stats which wouldn’t make it a shitty or over buffed tank.

source: 
https://ritastatusre...3/murazor-qa-3/

 


Edited by Ancymon0, 25 September 2016 - 08:47 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users