Premium Shop: Skorpion Is Back!

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Thrael7 #81 Posted 26 September 2016 - 05:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 23931 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

What's the point in all this? If you want a straight and simple answer... If it were mediocre no1 would 've bought it. At that steep price it had to be good enough. If you think it's the magic bus then fine by me...

Sharp1903 #82 Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:36 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 39380 battles

Look at the comparision between tier VIII tank destroyers. Scorpion has the lowest dpm, also only 30 shells

http://tanks.gg/wot/...0000.c:isu-152 

Y_O_L_0 #83 Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20158 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED

View PostSharp1903, on 26 September 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

Scorpion has the lowest dpm

Except it doesn't, the Charioteer does.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #84 Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:49 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles

View PostSharp1903, on 26 September 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

That video is stupid as hell. no it wont get nerfed, WG dont nerf premiums without compensation. it wont happen.

Gremlin182 #85 Posted 27 September 2016 - 03:51 AM

General

• Player
  • 52580 battles

Loving some of the comments, perception seems to be split between OP "most common view" and underpowered rubbish " by a few".

Its a very capable TD but it needs a good player and you need some luck especially in tier 10 games.

Simply put you can run but you cannot hide, the number of maps where you can stay at range and invisi snipe are almost zero.

Peek and boom is limited to fairly close ranges as peek and wait till the sights close to shoot accurately mean you die.

Its kind of a mid range support TD bit like the ISUs you support other tanks they take the damage while you help them with the killing.

As for not buying it because it gets into tier 10 games ok that did have me laughing out loud.

SO its a very powerful perhaps OP TD which like all other standard Tier 8s gets into tier 10 games, WOW big surprise hey who saw that coming ;)

Playing in a tier 10 game is tough and if you get killed while doing little as with other tier 8 premiums you will still not lose credits.

You pretty much have to fire off a load of premium shells doing zero damage then get killed to go in the red.

While its true you get in tier 10 games, quite often you don't and in those games you can farm credits.

In my case nowhere near as many credits as some of my other premiums but thats down to the fragility of the tank and my ability.

Other premiums have the armour to make up for my deficiencies and let  me continue doing damage.

Every single time I bounce a shot in say my IS6 or T54 mod 1 is a time where in the Skorpion I would be dead.

The Skorpion cannot easily be nerfed and not just because its a premium.

The Borsig has been in the game for ages and I think the only nerf it got was in the great TD view range nerf when it went from 410 to 360  and the Skorpion already has 360.

The Gun is the same but with a lower ROF.

Speed could be nerfed but thats pretty much its only advantage.

Gun depression well 6 going on 7 is not bad but not great either.

The commander is the loader so it doesnt match most of the TDs you are training crews for, not to mention taking out the commander really messes up this TD.

Not that it matters much as messed up means almost dead anyway as you are a 1 or 2 shot tank for almost all the tanks you meet.

Just what would you nerf and why

Edited by Gremlin182, 27 September 2016 - 03:56 AM.

Wayneable #86 Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:17 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 43844 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Is this tank OP? Yes, in the right hands, but so are just about any tank in this game.

But it has got a reputation as a OP tank, so now every Tom, [edited], and Harry will rush to buy it. And WG now this, why else bring it back into the shop again so fast.

This is just a cash grab from WG side, nothing else!

Edited by Wayneable, 27 September 2016 - 06:17 AM.

Beardmonster #87 Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22628 battles
  • [SV] SV

Hm, aware that quoting myself might show of more about my mental health then what's advicable but wrote this before they got the announcement out so, again: 

"Okay guys... I like you! I like you alot most of the time... :-) I like to be given 2 offers of tanks with many different setups to choose from, I like the crew boost as I got waaay to many tanks. ;-)

Well, I don´t like MM, but who does... :-D Well those of corse who´s on the winning side of statistics and get better then average games served! ;-)

HOWEVER: Skorpion? Again? We had it like last month and have like 2 Skorpions/team/game already! To go with our 3-4 arty makes the maps a little crowded for the rest of us... Do we really need 2 extra skorpions per game, really, really?! I know they sold well and I´m not totally stupid so of course "Skorpions to everyone", but seriously, sell them once a month? This will make them even more useless for new players buying them and dying (Logic:Quicky says good-I buy-Then I do good) and they will hate you, i.e. you loose goodwill. Not getting anything interesting on market will make the paying customers (Including 98% of the playerbase who allready bought it for some reason, for me "Oooh, german fast sniper premium", missing tall, clumsy, god knows the battle weight and so on) not buy anything i.e. you loose money. Many players will get fed up with fighting teams made up of 20% arty, 20% skorpions, 20% russian/american heavies, 20% dedicated sealclubbers  and perhaps 20% out in tanks they really LIKE! Yes, I'm ranting, but I hope you see my point in all this. Do what you do best and bring us more to chose from, it's the differences that makes the world an interesting place... 

Please think this thru, make a few changes to make other premiums interesting instead "Look, we boosted this tank in this area to make it different and cooler"; terrain resists, gold worth using, or whatever´, be creative I know you can! :-) Maybe even some crazy new tank, but maybe that's a bit much to ask, but a COOL version of something made premium, go bananas! ;-)

Confident you´ll do something GREAT! Thanks for your hard efforts and keep up the good work!

Regards

/

Mis_fit #88 Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:11 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9587 battles

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 27 September 2016 - 01:49 AM, said:

That video is stupid as hell. no it wont get nerfed, WG dont nerf premiums without compensation. it wont happen.

you drunk or what?how about type 59?super pershing?and others sillent nerfs? not always thei nerf tank charakteristic,but silver income and other sheat.

Edited by Mis_fit, 27 September 2016 - 07:13 AM.

krazy_8 #89 Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:18 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36803 battles
  • [NN9] NN9
LOL why do i even expect something else from WG

General_McMuschi #90 Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23607 battles
even if it is OP or unbalanced, it doesn't mean WG will/needs to nerf it or that it cannot stay in the game as it is - just look at the SU 122 44. Its way better than any t7 standard or premium TD. And it's been available, pretty cheap imo, for ages now. People have accepted it and I don't even see whining topics about it needing a nerf anymore, which is what will happen with time with Skorpion. It's a good TD, but WG never promised not to add good and capable premium in the game. I don't think Skorpion ruins t8+ battles any more than SU 122 44  ruins t7+ battles.

machoking #91 Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:09 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3050 battles
  • [-B0H-] -B0H-

View Postjoelbegani, on 24 September 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

all wait type59 back , not this skorpion ...

Which is better tank Type 59 or Scorpion G ??

A Type 59 my friend sold a few years ago, it has been nastly nerfed :/ .

JagdAntoon #92 Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:26 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20494 battles

As it is my best tier 8 TD by stats ( compared to the JT88, ISU, Ferdi, T28 Prot and Borsig ) is still dont deem it overpowered ( it has worse stats than all my tier 9 Titty's ).

Yes i do over 2k dmg per game as an average player but the times i get totally wrecked are as common as high dmg games.

This tank i can't cary in because it is so fragile and gets spotted when it leaves the base, hence the 48% winrate al be it after 50-60 games.

And ofcourse it is a money grab. All the unicums have gotten their YT videos up now so everyone has seen how insanely good it CAN be.

I already had a JT88 and still got it. 

Nerf incoming? If they do then they'd probably need to buff it in some other department cause for me it is not OP enough to warrant a nerf.

UranusReeks #93 Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28838 battles
  • [FOXY] FOXY

I went north on El Halluf in my IS-3, I was the first tank that got there. Poked a bit to snap shot and bam, 600 hp gone from a tomato Skorpion G player that had:

1. speed to get there first

2. a big gun that didn't require precision aiming at my hull

3. no brain, since he died afterwards easily.

On the other hand, I saw _Etre or whatever his name is playing his skorpion G on Redshire in a tier 10 game. He died first, arty one-shot him. Unicum or not, Skorpion is not a forgiving vehicle... I can easily spot them from miles even in my heavy tanks (I do like to use optics a lot).

Gepard_PH #94 Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:26 AM

Publishing Producer

• WG Staff
  • 20833 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostFireStickCZ, on 26 September 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

OK, I have searched for the statistics of Skorpion G on vBAddict (26.9.2016) and found this:

This thing is more played than a IS-3!

No, it's not and has never been.

Please be aware that fan sites can't have the full picture as they rely on their users to provide them with data. Usually it is biased towards preferences of more experienced, more skilled players. 

Amount of battles, damage dealt, kills you can see there are just an approximation calculated from the fraction of entire playerbase.

Skorpion certainly is a competitive vehicle and fun to play. It really sucks when someone spends quite a lot of money on the game they like and then realize that whatever they paid for was not worth it. I don't think that's the kind of experience we should provide and I'm pretty sure that's not the kind of experience any of you would enjoy.

Boo_Bee #95 Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:38 AM

Clan Commander

• Clan Commander
  • 45459 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T

View PostGepard_PH, on 28 September 2016 - 11:26 AM, said:

No, it's not and has never been.

Please be aware that fan sites can't have the full picture as they rely on their users to provide them with data. Usually it is biased towards preferences of more experienced, more skilled players. 

Amount of battles, damage dealt, kills you can see there are just an approximation calculated from the fraction of entire playerbase.

Skorpion certainly is a competitive vehicle and fun to play. It really sucks when someone spends quite a lot of money on the game they like and then realize that whatever they paid for was not worth it. I don't think that's the kind of experience we should provide and I'm pretty sure that's not the kind of experience any of you would enjoy.

*Cough* (Do I need to comment that?).

KronQ #96 Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:03 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12061 battles
  • [X-21] X-21

View PostGepard_PH, on 28 September 2016 - 10:26 AM, said:

It really sucks when someone spends quite a lot of money on the game they like and then realize that whatever they paid for was not worth it. I don't think that's the kind of experience we should provide and I'm pretty sure that's not the kind of experience any of you would enjoy.

Newsflash: it really sucks when you get sh*tfaced in every other tier 8 premium because you've decided to introduce OP junk to milk even more money.

I bet you charge so much for it and sell it again and again because you realize how balanced it actually is, you lying c*nts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users