Game and Reality: Atmospheric Paris

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 24 September 2016 - 03:05 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Beautiful Parisian architecture, puddles with reflection of the city, advertisement signs, a cafe where Serb enjoyed ice cream – there are many other secrets that the developers have prepared for you on the Paris map!

Full news text

Sadeghmxx #2 Posted 24 September 2016 - 03:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36233 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
Its good to see new maps being added to wot. hope we see more new maps soon

Max_Calibre #3 Posted 24 September 2016 - 04:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19330 battles
  • [T-OG] T-OG

Well its a new Map!

and it looks much better than that utter awful mess that is Pilsen where only Heavy tanks are happy to brawl and seal club all other classes to death

had some fun on the new Paris Map on the test server surprised me how non-brawling it looks, nice change, bravo WG

So

How many older 'Open Maps' will be removed? 2 maybe this for 'for improvements' and never to be seen again,

Remember the Sandbox and 'give Heavy Tanks armour back'

Open Maps treasure them while there here

SlyMeerkat #4 Posted 24 September 2016 - 04:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14969 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
I wish maps were added instead of being taken away all the time, why not just rework them like you have done others?

_Crusad3r_ #5 Posted 24 September 2016 - 04:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28359 battles
  • [R-U] R-U

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 24 September 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

I wish maps were added instead of being taken away all the time, why not just rework them like you have done others?

Most of the maps that have been removed are 70% likely to get put back into the game after extensive rebalancing but knowing WG it won't be soon :D

_Crusad3r_ #6 Posted 24 September 2016 - 04:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28359 battles
  • [R-U] R-U
Yeh yeh new map - something we have known for months now - when are ye gonna release 9.16 tho? It was supposed to be in the summer and its nearly winter ;)

3MAJ86 #7 Posted 24 September 2016 - 05:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42707 battles

Yeap, another new map, and another terrible one.

So we get 800x800 map, that will be played in tier 10. Entire north of the map is useless, since one grille will park on the corner on each side, and deny every movement, so consider 40% of the map gone. The roads to center, 2 out of 3 of those will always be covered by clickers, so all heavies will flock to that one alley they will not be clicked in, so we will have same corner RNG fighting, like we have on Ruinberg now. This map reminds me a lot of Ruinberg actually, the only thing that is different is that this one is balanced how bad it is, while Ruinberg is imba, north spawn is easy win most of the time.

South part of the Paris map might be a bit interesting since there is more anti-clicker cover there, but even though, if you win that corner fight, and start to push on to the base, again a single TD + clickers will deny the whole area.

This map might work in tier 6 and below. For top tiers it will be terrible.

Whoever designed this should be ashamed. And whoever approved it, even more.

P.S. and yeah, you can shoot from spawn to spawn through those diagonal streets. Epic design really, gg.

LaManche #8 Posted 24 September 2016 - 05:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18509 battles
  • [3EGS] 3EGS

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 24 September 2016 - 04:10 PM, said:

https://www.youtube....utu.be&t=51m18s - WoT PC - Developers Panel

Thaine (product director) and Andrii (lead producer) explain why they will add new maps and not re-balance old ones and throw them back into the roster.

Edited by LaManche, 24 September 2016 - 05:47 PM.

Seinx #9 Posted 24 September 2016 - 07:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14635 battles
And new maps will be more unbalanced then the ones removed or too symetric and boring.

Isharial #10 Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:33 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18284 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post3MAJ86, on 24 September 2016 - 05:00 PM, said:

Yeap, another new map, and another terrible one.

So we get 800x800 map, that will be played in tier 10. Entire north of the map is useless, since one grille will park on the corner on each side, and deny every movement, so consider 40% of the map gone. The roads to center, 2 out of 3 of those will always be covered by clickers, so all heavies will flock to that one alley they will not be clicked in, so we will have same corner RNG fighting, like we have on Ruinberg now. This map reminds me a lot of Ruinberg actually, the only thing that is different is that this one is balanced how bad it is, while Ruinberg is imba, north spawn is easy win most of the time.

South part of the Paris map might be a bit interesting since there is more anti-clicker cover there, but even though, if you win that corner fight, and start to push on to the base, again a single TD + clickers will deny the whole area.

This map might work in tier 6 and below. For top tiers it will be terrible.

Whoever designed this should be ashamed. And whoever approved it, even more.

P.S. and yeah, you can shoot from spawn to spawn through those diagonal streets. Epic design really, gg.

atleast they tried to produce a map where all the vehicle types have SOMEWHERE to go.. even if it is against this apparent grille

I hate maps like ensk and fjords where turretless TD's are completely pointless and have no where they can go to do their job the right way, instead of being forced to brawl on corners or rush things in the open, but I guess that that doesn't matter to you.... having a map where everyone can do something is stupid right?? a TD should be able to deny an area... that's what their job is :facepalm:

Edited by Clarrissa_the_Third, 24 September 2016 - 11:34 PM.

3MAJ86 #11 Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42707 battles

Why can't they, at least make 1000x1000 map, or when they are making small maps, at least ban it for high tiers. This would be ok as tier 6 map.

And on top of this being a small map, they render huge part of it unplayable, because the whole area can be denied by a single bush camping TD. Is this example of good design?

Then, the alleyways that go to the center, that enable to shoot spawn from spawn. Is this good design? And those alleyways are so ruinberg-like, where 2 out of 3 will always be covered by clickers, and the rest will be heavy slugfest, where those that have more luck in penetration rolls will win. Great design really. It is good that there is something for everyone.

And really, why should there be something for clickers anyway? That sh*t should have never been in the game in the first place. (and huge alpha TDs for that matter... but I'm going off topic).

The fact is that this is one very bad map, or below average at best. The only thing i can say is that there will not be spawn balance issues, since map is almost completely mirrored across the center north-south line.

It's ok for a TD to deny one lane of fire, or one access to certain area, but not to deny like 1/3 of the map or more.

EDIT: I wasn't lazy, so I draw some stuff... im not really an artist, but it is obvious. So, imagine you are west spawn. Everything in red is instantly denied by a single TD camping at dots I marked. So north, almost half of the map = useless. Blue are clickers. So one clicker in top right, and the other just 20m away from spawn, deny almost entire map to everyone. So no 2/3 alleys are denied, but all of them are denied by clickers. Good luck tier 10 slow superheavies (and everyone else for that matter).

So, what is left is southern part of the map, which will be most likely played by meds. and it will be corner brawl as well, but mostly out of reach of clickers, which is good. But then you win your brawl, and push into the enemy base... only to be denied, again by a single TD, or even worse, by clicker(s) that actually cover each and every approach to base.

So in the end it will turn into rock/building humping campfest most of the time. Wow, so much fun... It's ruinberg all over again. Just limit this map for tier 6 top, and it will work. For top tiers it is sh*t map, like most of them are.

Edited by 3MAJ86, 25 September 2016 - 12:15 AM.

Isharial #12 Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:17 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 18284 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post3MAJ86, on 25 September 2016 - 12:04 AM, said:

Why can't they, at least make 1000x1000 map, or when they are making small maps, at least ban it for high tiers. This would be ok as tier 6 map.

And on top of this being a small map, they render huge part of it unplayable, because the whole area can be denied by a single bush camping TD. Is this example of good design?

Then, the alleyways that go to the center, that enable to shoot spawn from spawn. Is this good design? And those alleyways are so ruinberg-like, where 2 out of 3 will always be covered by clickers, and the rest will be heavy slugfest, where those that have more luck in penetration rolls will win. Great design really. It is good that there is something for everyone.

And really, why should there be something for clickers anyway? That sh*t should have never been in the game in the first place. (and huge alpha TDs for that matter... but I'm going off topic).

The fact is that this is one very bad map, or below average at best. The only thing i can say is that there will not be spawn balance issues, since map is almost completely mirrored across the center north-south line.

It's ok for a TD to deny one lane of fire, or one access to certain area, but not to deny like 1/3 of the map or more.

such large maps would probably have some effects on players PC's... some play on very old laptops with trackpads.... it might create more of an issue for WG than just keeping the maps smaller

having bush camping TD means scouts have a job to do rather than the "run into city and get ended in 2 seconds by combined fire from a bunch of heavies" like so many city maps

there is something for everyone, mediums have the chance to flank, and being fast, will be able to avoid that arty fire more easily, arty can fire on anything down those 2 lanes, TD and scouts have the open area, and heavies have the rest in the form of the alley's... would you prefer more Stalingrad or Kharkov? im struggling to see what you want from such maps? you don't want TD to be able to block lanes of fire, but you don't want slugfest citys with heavies... more things like el halluf? or something like fjords?

"clickers" as you so call them are still players and still have valued opinions and gameplay, no matter what you might think of them and their parents and whatever else you want to describe them in a derogatory way.. that means they still have to have places to fire and places that they can do something with, like any other class of vehicle

the map is atleast a step in the right direction compared to other maps, where all the vehicle classes get something...

but its ok for a heavy to do that on himmelsdorf or ensk, or ruinberg? a turretless TD is completely useless in the cities and are thus stuck in the 2 1/2 lanes on himmels, J, K or 8/9/10 line on ensk, or 6/7/8/9/10 on ruinberg.. with their view halved by building's in the center... this will be one of the only maps where they can snipe like they should be able to.... and if its common enough in the map cycle.. might actually make some of the less used turretless TD, more used

3MAJ86 #13 Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42707 battles

I said, I understand that they can't make maps bigger than 1000x1000 (malinovka, prokhorovka, steppes...etc lots of maps are this size), they bring another 800x800 map. So no, performance is not an issue (at least it shouldn't be). Also, if someone in 2016. plays on old laptop with trackpad, and expect the game to adapt to them, then really.... I hope you are not serious with this.

Do you understand that the scouts will not be able to do anything about mentioned TDs on red dots. They will be spotted only after shooting. Which scout will want to eat 750+ dmg only to spot the mentioned TD? Only a YOLO suicide one, that is more detriment to his team, than being useful.

Stalingrad or Kharkov are sh*t maps as well, so we agree on something at least :). There are some good maps, Overlord is ok map (though beach area should be reduced by putting something useful there, and not allowing TDs camping in south-west corner to deny more almost half of the map), El Halouf is ok-ish, although one of the previous iterations was better (not the first, first was very bad), Westfield is a good map for example. And it is open map, so good for clickers as well... and so on.

And with me, talking derogatory to arty and arty players. Well... I'm sorry, but there will be no respect to the class that requires almost no skill to play, and yet shapes the gameplay the most out of all classes in the game. But again, there was sooo much talk and different threads on the forum about it, and it is not my goal to derail this topic, so please let's don't go into that direction.

Turetless TDs are not completely useless on small city maps. On Himmelsdorf/Ensk you can deny a lane of approach, but you can't deny whole darn map by a single "well placed" TD. There should always be a way to flank it. On Paris map, it will not happen. You will always face those TDs frontally, which is the worst place you want to be: - in front of the TD gun.

And no, I don't want to see more TDs used in high tier matches. Since grille is TOTT, all matches are like 7-8 TDs per team, which again turns into a campfest, because nobody will poke a corner just to be blapped for 750/1050/1750 dmg in a single shot. (most of T10 TDs/JPE100/FV183 & 4005).

I see you like casemate TDs, and that is fine. I liked them too long time ago. But still I don't think you have convincing arguments that prove that this is a good map for tiers 8/9/10. For low tiers, I agree, this will be good map. But so is Widepark :)

Zaros_2014 #14 Posted 25 September 2016 - 01:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11938 battles
Yeah it looks pretty and all... But you know... Can I have variety? No? Just city maps? Okay...

_Crusad3r_ #15 Posted 25 September 2016 - 01:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28359 battles
  • [R-U] R-U

View PostZaros_2014, on 25 September 2016 - 12:05 PM, said:

Yeah it looks pretty and all... But you know... Can I have variety? No? Just city maps? Okay...

What about Malinovka, Prov/Fiery Salient, Murovanka, Fishermans Bay etc? Are they all city maps? Maybe learn to play on city maps so you can enjoy them instead of wanting big open maps where you can click and sit in a push and fap in a td.....

crnakoza #16 Posted 25 September 2016 - 01:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54026 battles

View Post_Crusad3r_, on 24 September 2016 - 04:39 PM, said:

Most of the maps that have been removed are 70% likely to get put back into the game after extensive rebalancing but knowing WG it won't be soon :D

On the contrary. WG stated that most of the removed maps are deemed unfixable, and that it's easier to simply make new maps from scratch rather than try to fix removed ones.

Dave_Monkey #17 Posted 25 September 2016 - 04:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 41084 battles
  • [ROTN1] ROTN1

Another small map ....should be for tier 7 and below , only !

FFS wargamming pull out you cash fat fingures and give us more maps or put the removed ones back in the game.

Instead you spend months on stupid 100 years game that nobody wanted or plays and too much for clan wars......80 % of wot player do not take part in clan wars so why you do this.

Give us more map content

pzkpfw4owner #18 Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15225 battles

Yes finally an open map where you can manouver in ALL classes...

Plottwist its another shitty City map next in line after Stalingrad, Khrakov and Pilsen you are really doing your best to scare the People who already play this game for a longer period away.

Keep up the good work maybe you can buff the is3, is6 a bit More and bring out some other premiums no one cares about.

Greetings

lupinW #19 Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19479 battles
  • [INC] INC

Game and Reality: Atmospheric Paris

like how? arty will shoot frogs at me? :facepalm:

b0d #20 Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:15 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19521 battles

View PostSadeghmxx, on 24 September 2016 - 02:28 PM, said:

Its good to see new maps being added to wot. hope we see more new maps soon

Huh yeah more eye candy and less substance please WG.

Best thing about WoT: the friends and enemies I have made playing it, the game itself well - the harsh comments in the general chat and in the forum should tell you about the gameplay qaulity.

As for crappy closed maps WG have made it clear they want more of this. 

This is CoD with tank-like sprites and a fancy penetration mechanic.  Yawn.  This is because WG want to make the game mass market and not appeal to a smaller niche of tankers.

Hopefully I will have a decent machine in about two years time then WoT probably wont be installed on it for say, oh the rest of my life.

In essence the game play has not moved on since this game:

Posted Image

Not considering the improved depth of tactics involved in WoT most players still play it like that old masterpeice from Atari.

Edited by b0d, 26 September 2016 - 12:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users