Jump to content


Season 4 disappointment


  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

sakalito #1 Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:09 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 63912 battles
  • 49
  • [CSA] CSA
  • Member since:
    05-29-2012

*
POPULAR

Where to start...oh well.... "Dear" WG....

 

First of all i have to say, i have no problem with playing 4-5 cw´s every day as it is now.

Next thing is, that i agree, that previous season(s) were just farming simulator, without even fighting.

Trying to change that is completely okay. But lets be honest, there was much better way....

 

Unfortunately, income nerf is too big. Lets say you are (we are atm) able to farm like 5k gold, which would be on this map rated as high(-er) income.

It would seem like income like that is okay at the end of month when u do simple x30 math. Problem is when u divide that between players who play those clanwars, its approximately 2k gold per person for playing one month of clanwars, that has to be played every evening. Compare it to wg tournaments, ESL and other stuff where you can get same amount in one or two days if u are atleast mediocre player. Its hard to motivate players for playing global map, only thing that motivates us is competetivness.

Personally i dont care about gold income, i care about my players losing motivation to get involved.

 

Its really sad, that after almost 5 years we (CSA) played global map, it got to point, where its not worth anymore.

 

 

Hopefully you will realize how terrible is for player to try play one month on global map compared to cups. Unless your goal is to kill global map or fill it with less skilled teams.

I understand you want every player to feel involved, but lately it has been done very wrong way to help less skilled teams.

 

Please remove posibility of having stronghold defense time at 04:00 and etc. Maybe we will find some fun there instead of global map.

 

 

GL to all who still have determination to tryhard on global map for atleast some income.

 

 


Edited by sakalito, 29 September 2016 - 08:22 PM.


mightyjosHi #2 Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:23 PM

    Brigadier

  • Clan Commander
  • 33818 battles
  • 4,077
  • [S4] S4
  • Member since:
    06-23-2013

Aye.

 

We all like to fight, we all like to get rewards. 

What will sooner or later kill this "CW" Environment ist high Activity for low reward. People will burn out without getting anything for it.

Best example is last campaign, KV4-Kresdustingarage for 14 days of 5 hours. Just.Not.Worth.It.

 

 



deda123 #3 Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:35 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 79431 battles
  • 375
  • [9-TD] 9-TD
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

Even my noob clan is now at 04.00 Defense we would like to have finnaly what Deception promissed half year ago, and thats total rework of Stronghold, defense period from 12 at noon until midnight or like from 13:00 till 01:00 max, if WG wants to popularize Faceit or ESL more thats fine with me, but than CW as it is now is pointless and only once per year if tier10 reward is not total crap is worth of playing trought the big campaign

 

 



_Crusad3r_ #4 Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:24 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29121 battles
  • 1,582
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    11-22-2012

Let's be honest - since the beginning of CW, from my own opinion its only gotten worse and unless WG actually properly listen to this kind of feedback its gonna kill CW. For the time effort - its reward isn't anywhere near high enough.....I can understand campaign gold income being super low or even none at all because you aren't in it for the gold and you want the tanks but going from nearly 1k gold per province at tier 10 last season to 350 is just moronic. Like I know its to stop the camping of clans but still - instead of making clans move around they aren't gonna play at all :D  Also maybe instead of just gold in a province make it boxes for SH. Or if you are going to have this amount of gold per province also add boxes as well per day. 

 

E.g -

Province A - Gold income - 1k OR 1k boxes

Province B - Gold income 500 & 500 boxes

Province C - Gold income 350 & 650 boxes and so on. At least make it a 1k of gold or mixture of gold and boxes - this would make it a little more worthwhile imo.



Monster95alpha19 #5 Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:25 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 35389 battles
  • 4,000
  • [TKEA] TKEA
  • Member since:
    10-28-2011

people still think CW is for farming a lot of gold ? 

 

from my point of view, CW turned from the end-game to the noob-introduction for team play, and another point of view, is that it's a forcing way to give up on Clans overall and go fo ESL & WG tournaments as they have failed every other way of promoting it, they prefer to kill the current most easy way to farm some gold and make the clans that wanted 200k of gold a month retire from it and start playing for gold in the above mentioned

 

anyway, clans will now remain mostly for the Strongholds&Skirmishes, more like for Skirmishes as Strongholds are dead anyway with the abnormal time-defences, and skirmishes remained the only method of making some credits without stressing that much



xFFM_SRB_DAVID #6 Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:10 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Clan Commander
  • 19896 battles
  • 703
  • [G__G] G__G
  • Member since:
    04-10-2013

WG need to change something really fast because atm its pointless to fight for 5-6k Gold daily (Only with Gold Provinces) everthing under 10k is worth to fight everey day with 3 Teams per Day.

WG close the Tier 6 Map....

WG stop Gold Farming...

so why WG is interfere in the only "Working" part of this Game? Most of the players only don´t stop playing this game because of clanwars .

For example we have the biggest Community on EU-Server ,normally we have around 250-280 Players online.Since starting of this sh1t saison most of them stop playing cw and only play FACEIT or ESL what is really harmful for Clans and there Clan-atmosphare.



_Crusad3r_ #7 Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:10 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29121 battles
  • 1,582
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    11-22-2012

View PostxFFM_SRB_DAVID, on 29 September 2016 - 04:10 PM, said:

WG need to change something really fast because atm its pointless to fight for 5-6k Gold daily (Only with Gold Provinces) everthing under 10k is worth to fight everey day with 3 Teams per Day.

WG close the Tier 6 Map....

WG stop Gold Farming...

so why WG is interfere in the only "Working" part of this Game? Most of the players only don´t stop playing this game because of clanwars .

For example we have the biggest Community on EU-Server ,normally we have around 250-280 Players online.Since starting of this sh1t saison most of them stop playing cw and only play FACEIT or ESL what is really harmful for Clans and there Clan-atmosphare.

 

Yeh biggest community that is also probably one of the more hated communities for toxicity etc....also don't cry about tier 6 being removed - just play tier 8/10. No OI camps on Lakeville to deal with.....

TitusLartius #8 Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:16 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 43557 battles
  • 480
  • [GX] GX
  • Member since:
    05-09-2012

View Postdeda123, on 29 September 2016 - 01:35 PM, said:

Even my noob clan is now at 04.00 Defense we would like to have finnaly what Deception promissed half year ago, and thats total rework of Stronghold, defense period from 12 at noon until midnight or like from 13:00 till 01:00 max, if WG wants to popularize Faceit or ESL more thats fine with me, but than CW as it is now is pointless and only once per year if tier10 reward is not total crap is worth of playing trought the big campaign

 

 

 

Bringing that would not change anything, it would make it even worse. 

Horatius_ #9 Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:23 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 50454 battles
  • 113
  • Member since:
    08-06-2012
If top 20-30 clans on server decide together to protest, by quit play on GM, i think WG will change this. 65 days still to play this c4ap is odd.

mightyjosHi #10 Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:41 PM

    Brigadier

  • Clan Commander
  • 33818 battles
  • 4,077
  • [S4] S4
  • Member since:
    06-23-2013

View PostHoratius_, on 29 September 2016 - 05:23 PM, said:

If top 20-30 clans on server decide together to protest, by quit play on GM, i think WG will change this. 65 days still to play this c4ap is odd.

 

Nothing will happen.

Just 30-40 will take the spots happily :)



speedphlux #11 Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:22 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 42452 battles
  • 1,704
  • [TZAR] TZAR
  • Member since:
    01-28-2011

Ever since introduction of CW 2.0, I feel like that everything that could go wrong in Clan Wars - has indeed gone wrong in Clan Wars.

Introduction of lower tier fronts was prolly the only good idea out of it, but then again, it was made rather poorly by limiting the tanks in team to only 10 at Tier 8 and only 7 at Tier 6. The intention was that even "smaller" clans could try their hands at Clan Wars ... Well, quite dumb IMHO. Smaller clans are small for a reason. In CW 1.0, it was actually something to be proud of, if you were in a "smaller" clan and managed to land somewhere in Africa. Nowdays, even mostly inactive clans can just camp-out and win lands in the lower tiers. With the tanks being limited to 10 at Tier 8, it basically gives no ground for Tactical surprises and use of unorthodox tanks. All you need is your IS-3s and your T-54 lightweights to be unlocked for the upcomming battle. There's little variation in that. The occasional T32 or AMX 50 100 and that's pretty much it. Never saw a Tiger II during the Campaign. Nor JagdPanther II. And those were tanks, previously I've seen used in 15 vs 15 Tier 8 stages of Campaigns quite regularly. Hell, I even remember having to battle KV-4s and KV-5s !

 

But that aside - the income ... Oh well ! CW 1.0 landing in Africa surely didn't break the world record in terms of income, but nowdays the 2nd tier of Tier 10 CW just looks wrong. Having to fight it out for provinces that hold 144 gold is plain stupid waste of effort. In contrast, my first month in ANGER, while the clan held Poland and was fighting off various clans to keep it together, due to my activity, I was able to walk away with 5,600 gold in the end of the month. That was pretty much for skipping over two nights of CW fighting due to real life. There were people more active then me at that time; people who rightfully walked away with plenty more then me. Now if you look at the situation over at the second tier of Tier 10s, a clan with 3 active-ish teams, would have to hold 5 piece of "highly" profitable lands of 144 gold each ... for about 8 months, to be able to pay out similar salaries. That's a bit longer then the "season" lasts as far as I know. But yes you'd say - it's a second tier for a reason ! And while I agree, CW 1.0 didn't had lands under 240 gold per day, even in the deepest depths of Africa. So even if you were "a second tier CW clan" and held 5 pieces of most unprofitable lands in Africa, you'd still be way better then fighting over current St. Petersburg region at the moment.

It's getting dumber and dumber. Specially if you're not top tier elite klanu, it's actually a real struggle to keep players interested and invested in CW. And without being on the Global Map, even in some back-alley stuck-up place like St. Petersburg, I feel like you have even less opportunity attracting good players. WG is basically killing off clan's lifeline that way. You can play ESL and FaceIt without being a clan member. And with CW currently being a waste of time, coz you spend more time preparing for it and loosing more credits participating in it, then if you just toy out randoms all night and spamming the occasional HEAT shell here and there. You don't really need the SH clan bonuses either, as the only ones really worth it are the +50% credit bonuses and the occasional "Urgent Order" that gets you gold or premium time, but those two are rarer then seeing a Churchill Gun Carrier.



gangster9632 #12 Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:42 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 59680 battles
  • 12
  • [TERMS] TERMS
  • Member since:
    11-19-2010
With tier 6 gone and low income people are losing interest in CW. CW was last bit of fun for clans in the game. It al seems to be about making more money for wargaming ( each month a new premium tank, mission with buy parts of a tank you can win) This leeds to the end of the game. Where is the fun in being pushed to spend more and get less. Not smart, this costs more than you think wg. No CW means no need to grind tanks fast for CW ( no extra income) al you do is nerf your income!

Mystery___X #13 Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:42 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 41809 battles
  • 156
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

WG is business company not a gaming company (they might started as gaming one but turned into business one)

they will listen mostly the players where the income is coming - around 1000wn8 ish players.

they are not caring about competitive aspect of this game nor that it would be skill based game.

only game i ever played which actively is giving more and more disadvantages to skilled players.

 

bottom line is WG turned to business company.

 

example. 4years ago they already admitted that arty aint working like it suppose to,, spotting mechanism aint working like it suppose to.. well 4years later, nothing have been done about that (apart from some "arty nerf" which didnt nerf it at all) but in that 4 years time we have been able to enjoy loads of bundles(costs money) new premium tanks(costs money) "collector" tanks(yeah costs money) so all in all, they keep adding stuff in every patch but never fixing the biggest problems because the players who give the biggest income aint caring about those problems.

 

edit. i do realise this was prolly out of topic but iguess you can have some kind of segway from this rant to current global map


Edited by Kurt_Kabain, 29 September 2016 - 08:45 PM.


RaeudigerRonny #14 Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:45 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 26100 battles
  • 4,744
  • Member since:
    09-04-2013

View PostKurt_Kabain, on 29 September 2016 - 09:42 PM, said:

WG is business company not a gaming company (they might started as gaming one but turned into business one)

they will listen mostly the players where the income is coming - around 1000wn8 ish players.

they are not caring about competitive aspect of this game nor that it would be skill based game.

only game i ever played which actively is giving more and more disadvantages to skilled players.

 

bottom line is WG turned to business company.

 

example. 4years ago they already admitted that arty aint working like it suppose to,, spotting mechanism aint working like it suppose to.. well 4years later, nothing have been done about that (apart from some "arty nerf" which didnt nerf it at all) but in that 4 years time we have been able to enjoy loads of bundles(costs money) new premium tanks(costs money) "collector" tanks(yeah costs money) so all in all, they keep adding stuff in every patch but never fixing the biggest problems because the players who give the biggest income aint caring about those problems.

 

Why did WG ever introduce CW then in the first place a long time ago, if they aim their game at 1000 wn8 casual players?

deda123 #15 Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:05 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 79431 battles
  • 375
  • [9-TD] 9-TD
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

I think their main concern now is Swedish premium tank and how to sell out as much units they can, other then this who cares, there will be always thousands of zombies with wallets who playing WOT as a form of group therapy for dealing with their mental issues

 


Edited by deda123, 29 September 2016 - 09:09 PM.


Mystery___X #16 Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:14 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 41809 battles
  • 156
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostDomstadtkerl, on 29 September 2016 - 07:45 PM, said:

 

Why did WG ever introduce CW then in the first place a long time ago, if they aim their game at 1000 wn8 casual players?

 

cos also those players play cw? cw is another aspect for game to keep players in like randoms,team battles, skirmishes.. you got the point.

remember how much they cared of cw after releasing it. the global map 1 was always in beta, then they introduced completely new global map and the feedback they are having about it can be read here (not to mention its far from user friendly with all zoom ins and lags, they even introduced the good airstrikes on it, bidding system, those useless module thingies, etc etc.. think all the introductions they have made for GM2 and most of those have been cancelled after a season or two, so the gm2 is actually becoming more like gm1 without "chips" but divisions instead and far worse user friendliness.

 

so once again rather than sticking on the old map and fixing the few issues it had, they added completely new map.. adding stuff is wg way to get players and keep players to play this game.



Dr_Mokka #17 Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:34 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 32998 battles
  • 3,997
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    08-10-2011

View Postdeda123, on 29 September 2016 - 09:05 PM, said:

I think their main concern now is Swedish premium tank and how to sell out as much units they can

 

that is why it gets an autoloader now :D



Otto_von_HEATmarck #18 Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:40 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 37849 battles
  • 4,498
  • Member since:
    09-19-2012

Let´s face it, nodbody who can change the situation will ever read in the eu forum. 

So trying to solve this problem is just wasted brainpower.

Wg does not care about the top 1% player cuz they dont pay nothing, if u want to pay your Premacc go play esl.

Cw is made for scrubs to keep them at the game, giving out 10 gold so they can demount their equipment.

Its like giving treats to your dog because he fetched the newspaper.



_Crusad3r_ #19 Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:57 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29121 battles
  • 1,582
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    11-22-2012

View Postgangster9632, on 29 September 2016 - 06:42 PM, said:

With tier 6 gone and low income people are losing interest in CW. CW was last bit of fun for clans in the game. It al seems to be about making more money for wargaming ( each month a new premium tank, mission with buy parts of a tank you can win) This leeds to the end of the game. Where is the fun in being pushed to spend more and get less. Not smart, this costs more than you think wg. No CW means no need to grind tanks fast for CW ( no extra income) al you do is nerf your income!

 

With tier 6 gone - bob clans can no longer farm gold - git gud at tier 8/10

Monster95alpha19 #20 Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:32 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 35389 battles
  • 4,000
  • [TKEA] TKEA
  • Member since:
    10-28-2011

View Post_Crusad3r_, on 29 September 2016 - 09:57 PM, said:

 

With tier 6 gone - bob clans can no longer farm gold - git gud at tier 8/10

 

what exactly is the word Farm mean in tier 6?...farming O-I and cromwells or what?..coz if it's gold, you get more for beeing afk in go4wot 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users