Jump to content


Version 9.16: New Features


  • Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:06 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 24,984
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
The upcoming update will bring a lot of useful changes to the game that will improve overall gaming experience not only in battle, but also managing your vehicles in the garage.

Full news text

Cobra6 #2 Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:17 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16305 battles
  • 15,259
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

some pretty awesome and long overdue additions like the dual tank carousel and the hitlog!

 

When will you implement a clock in the hangar?

Also, make the damage panel show if you've been hit by premium ammo or not, then if it penetrates you know it's not your positioning/angling at fault.

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 29 September 2016 - 05:18 PM.


Isharial #3 Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:17 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 18920 battles
  • 2,201
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

the update looks good.. but:

only one report per player? id like to see them account for everything they do in a battle, not just one thing.... if a player is purposely blocking a player and insulting other players, which do you choose? both of them are against the rules.. but this way only one action will be reported... so they can get away with twice as much now? :facepalm:



The_Foolio #4 Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:22 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33202 battles
  • 1,642
  • Member since:
    11-20-2012
Which patch is going to have the feature which uninstalls the game if it hears me say "just one more game" at 2am?

TurkarTV #5 Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:25 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 20221 battles
  • 133
  • Member since:
    04-17-2014
The Event Calendar needs some working.

Schmeksiman #6 Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:30 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16275 battles
  • 6,601
  • [INC] INC
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012

View PostClarrissa_the_Third, on 29 September 2016 - 05:17 PM, said:

the update looks good.. but:

only one report per player? id like to see them account for everything they do in a battle, not just one thing.... if a player is purposely blocking a player and insulting other players, which do you choose? both of them are against the rules.. but this way only one action will be reported... so they can get away with twice as much now? :facepalm:

 

You shoot him three times as a warning, get banned and then complain on the forum about unfair system of course!

Like that matters a lot, you saw how effective the report system was before "Unsportsmanlike conduct" was made a placebo.



sir_alex_ice #7 Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:36 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36514 battles
  • 444
  • [TK-BR] TK-BR
  • Member since:
    05-16-2014
There is still NO option to reported suspected cheating or use of hacks. And I did submit more than a couple of really suspicious replay.

mArtinko5MB #8 Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:41 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 17850 battles
  • 153
  • Member since:
    11-10-2014

i like the idea of disabling across team chat :) 



Monster95alpha19 #9 Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:42 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 35389 battles
  • 4,000
  • [TKEA] TKEA
  • Member since:
    10-28-2011

View PostCobra6, on 29 September 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

some pretty awesome and long overdue additions like the dual tank carousel and the hitlog!

 

When will you implement a clock in the hangar?

Also, make the damage panel show if you've been hit by premium ammo or not, then if it penetrates you know it's not your positioning/angling at fault.

 

Cobra 6

 

why would you need a clock ?

you don't have a phone near you?



killa23 #10 Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:43 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13612 battles
  • 311
  • [RITA] RITA
  • Member since:
    05-31-2011

View PostTitaniuX, on 29 September 2016 - 04:42 PM, said:

 

why would you need a clock ?

you don't have a phone near you?

 

it makes it easier

TheRevolter #11 Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:47 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6618 battles
  • 36
  • [KOWAR] KOWAR
  • Member since:
    07-07-2016
Why would u remove cross team chat in cw/sh tho? The only thing it is used for is spamming siemka and gg :/

Isharial #12 Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:51 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 18920 battles
  • 2,201
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostSchmeksiman, on 29 September 2016 - 05:30 PM, said:

 

You shoot him three times as a warning, get banned and then complain on the forum about unfair system of course!

Like that matters a lot, you saw how effective the report system was before "Unsportsmanlike conduct" was made a placebo.

 

true... just feels like more people will be getting away with more... when its supposed to be reducing the amount of.. undesirables

Edited by Clarrissa_the_Third, 29 September 2016 - 05:51 PM.


Cyclonite_ #13 Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:12 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 26268 battles
  • 87
  • [LEFCC] LEFCC
  • Member since:
    12-22-2014
Hopefully this disabling chat messages from abusive players will also stop the incessant pinging of team players on minimap, which as far as I'm concerned if it happems more than 3 times means 'please come shoot me', so I do.

Gremlin182 #14 Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:17 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 46045 battles
  • 7,802
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

Some players will always be idiots and act like petulant 5 year olds in the game. but that is no reason to make changes to the game that some of the more adult players use.

 

I have grown used to greetings from players at the start of a battle

Commenting when we have had a good game and maybe even having a joke or two with players on other teams.

All that now gone because of idiots.

 

Removing the ability to talk to all players is a really bad idea, the idiots will just find other ways to annoy

They will still spam away throughout the game and will still need reporting so what does this "improvement" actually achieve.

 

Had you found a way to prevent players clicking the map continuously that would have been an improvement.

Having the occasional player rant about the enemy team or give away friendly player positions on the map is minor compared to someone clicking the map hundreds of times because players are not playing the game the way they want.

There is still time please reconsider


Edited by Gremlin182, 29 September 2016 - 06:17 PM.


Sadeghmxx #15 Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:23 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 36809 battles
  • 52
  • Member since:
    08-24-2014
There shouldn't be any knife in the world just because some use it to kill others.

SlyMeerkat #16 Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:32 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15503 battles
  • 1,856
  • [FILO] FILO
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013

Really am liking this next update.

 

The only thing im a little concerned about is when getting shot by a tank that's unspotted, it shows the hit marker still in the direction it came from which can be a tad game ruining I believe, especially when in light tank and trying to play sneaky.



narrwass #17 Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:35 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 35373 battles
  • 638
  • Member since:
    06-18-2014

Please make zoom able to reset to x2( player to be able to choose) when u press shift again and not be like now >>>>shift and boom x20 zoom and i cant understand what i see...tank or grass( the whole screen is 1 texture LOL)

Thats the only mod i use -_-



FireStarteR_SRB #18 Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:44 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24473 battles
  • 357
  • [ZATO] ZATO
  • Member since:
    12-23-2014

View PostGremlin182, on 29 September 2016 - 06:17 PM, said:

Some players will always be idiots and act like petulant 5 year olds in the game. but that is no reason to make changes to the game that some of the more adult players use.

 

I have grown used to greetings from players at the start of a battle

Commenting when we have had a good game and maybe even having a joke or two with players on other teams.

All that now gone because of idiots.

 

Removing the ability to talk to all players is a really bad idea, the idiots will just find other ways to annoy

They will still spam away throughout the game and will still need reporting so what does this "improvement" actually achieve.

 

Had you found a way to prevent players clicking the map continuously that would have been an improvement.

Having the occasional player rant about the enemy team or give away friendly player positions on the map is minor compared to someone clicking the map hundreds of times because players are not playing the game the way they want.

There is still time please reconsider

 

You did not even look at the whole text for what is improved, haven't you? They fixed that, you can now disable spammers with 1 click.

Chat between opposite teams is 90%, if not even more, just insults and nothing else. Oh yeah, and whining like "omg, thx WG we have just 40% (or so) chance to win"... and your team win after it... Imagine how many complains WG get from this, they will have more time focusing on a real problems, and not 10 year old keyboard warriors.

 

For me this is a very good update, I have been waiting for long, especially new spotting system, damage log, and 2 panels in garage.



Gremlin182 #19 Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:48 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 46045 battles
  • 7,802
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

View Postnarrwass, on 29 September 2016 - 06:35 PM, said:

Please make zoom able to reset to x2( player to be able to choose) when u press shift again and not be like now >>>>shift and boom x20 zoom and i cant understand what i see...tank or grass( the whole screen is 1 texture LOL)

Thats the only mod i use -_-

 

Yes thats something that is lacking from the current game zoom, you can get used to it but when you have played for so long with a default zoom x2 im my case its just annoying

Gremlin182 #20 Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:51 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 46045 battles
  • 7,802
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

View PostFireStarteR_SRB, on 29 September 2016 - 06:44 PM, said:

 

You did not even look at the whole text for what is improved, haven't you? They fixed that, you can now disable spammers with 1 click.

Chat between opposite teams is 90%, if not even more, just insults and nothing else. Oh yeah, and whining like "omg, thx WG we have just 40% (or so) chance to win"... and your team win after it... Imagine how many complains WG get from this, they will have more time focusing on a real problems, and not 10 year old keyboard warriors.

 

For me this is a very good update, I have been waiting for long, especially new spotting system, damage log, and 2 panels in garage.

 

Stopping idiots from insulting the enemy team will just mean they will spend the same ammount of time insulting their own team therefore the change makes no sense.

An idiot will still be an idiot, and as I say some of us like inter team chat. it adds a bit of humour to the game.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users