• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

M3nthos #41 Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28516 battles
  • [S4] S4

I dont understand the rules 100%.

What happens if a match ends 2:0 ? In the "Best of 5" Group Stage?

It is written: In the event of a draw (1:1, 2:2, 4:4) a tiebreaker will be played.

The game was counted as draw with 1 point for every team in our case.

But the tie-breaker rule doesnt apply because one team won more and there was no draw at the score?

But since the mode is called "Best of 5" there are not 5 matches played but only until one team won more than the half of the possible number of wins.

So a 2:0 did not decide who is the winner in the mode "Best of 5".

Berbo #42 Posted 15 October 2016 - 01:25 PM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 30130 battles
  • [BRBOT] BRBOT

View PostM3nthos, on 14 October 2016 - 08:32 PM, said:

I dont understand the rules 100%.

What happens if a match ends 2:0 ? In the "Best of 5" Group Stage?

It is written: In the event of a draw (1:1, 2:2, 4:4) a tiebreaker will be played.

The game was counted as draw with 1 point for every team in our case.

But the tie-breaker rule doesnt apply because one team won more and there was no draw at the score?

But since the mode is called "Best of 5" there are not 5 matches played but only until one team won more than the half of the possible number of wins.

So a 2:0 did not decide who is the winner in the mode "Best of 5".

Hey there, 

You understand the rules perfectly but we had a rule update, there was a news update (check the portal http://worldoftanks....-registration/ ;) and I wrote on the forum here http://forum.worldof...t-update-rules/

TL;DR - tiebreakers are removed for most of the games (final games may still have them)

Now you may ask why the rules weren't changed. The main reason is that we can't translate it into all 7 languages on time and additionally whenever we edited rules before we got accusations of some players how we did ninja edits.

We kept the rules intact now but communicated the change. Unfortunately at the moment we don't have a perfect system to inform all the participants so we tried via news, forum etc.

In Bo5 as per the rules, you need to win 3 games in order to record a win.

I hope this explains!

Dragokar #43 Posted 15 October 2016 - 08:07 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 36064 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

Just in case, what if a group have 3 teams on place 1 with same points? I know there is the rule where it states if u won against team X u are above them, but what if we are three in that case.

Berbo #44 Posted 15 October 2016 - 08:28 PM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 30130 battles
  • [BRBOT] BRBOT

View PostDragokar, on 15 October 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

Just in case, what if a group have 3 teams on place 1 with same points? I know there is the rule where it states if u won against team X u are above them, but what if we are three in that case.

Mind telling me the group number?

Dragokar #45 Posted 15 October 2016 - 08:38 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 36064 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostBerbo, on 15 October 2016 - 08:28 PM, said:

Mind telling me the group number?

Group 20 but we have to play tomorrow anyway. I just would like to get that information before we play if possible.

Dragokar #46 Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:41 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 36064 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
I need an answer please :) Group 20 have 3 number #1s

Edited by Dragokar, 16 October 2016 - 06:41 PM.

PinkFluffyBadAzz #47 Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:41 AM

Private

• Player
  • 26606 battles
  • [MOOSE] MOOSE
What do rules say about a teamcaptain of a team in the same group asking another teamcaptain about information of other opponent teams?

Berbo #48 Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:57 AM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 30130 battles
  • [BRBOT] BRBOT

View PostDragokar, on 16 October 2016 - 06:41 PM, said:

I need an answer please :) Group 20 have 3 number #1s

I guess you have it by now :)

View PostCessan78, on 17 October 2016 - 07:41 AM, said:

What do rules say about a teamcaptain of a team in the same group asking another teamcaptain about information of other opponent teams?

Can you elaborate? Not sure I understand the full context of this.

Dragokar #49 Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:42 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 36064 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

Pretty easy. I asked him about one opponent team of our group with only 14 players and I asked nice and gentle if they showed up against them.

He simply refused to answer that, which is okay for me. Afterwards we defeated this guys team pretty easy. That's why he is salty now and asks such stuff.

With best regards,

Dragokar.

Berbo #50 Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:01 PM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 30130 battles
  • [BRBOT] BRBOT

View PostDragokar, on 17 October 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

Pretty easy. I asked him about one opponent team of our group with only 14 players and I asked nice and gentle if they showed up against them.

He simply refused to answer that, which is okay for me. Afterwards we defeated this guys team pretty easy. That's why he is salty now and asks such stuff.

With best regards,

Dragokar.

Asking teams any info even like "what's their tactic?" is fine. As long as teams are not revealing any info during the game or influencing game. 

If you asked some players to rig the game by revealing map info for example, that would of course a full no go. But for question like yours, there's no need to make any fuss about it :)

Cheers!

VerticalBird_ #51 Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22549 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP
These brackets are so full of memes again LUL. Of course seeding is not needed, why would it be:hiding:

WunderWurst #52 Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:04 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 63864 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostVerticalBird_, on 17 October 2016 - 02:02 PM, said:

These brackets are so full of memes again LUL. Of course seeding is not needed, why would it be:hiding:

xD

True dat. I like how basically all the better teams instantly play against each other. I guess after the next 2 battles 50% of the better teams are already gone. Well as we all know CSA is the second best team on the server based on the last tournament.

WG most certainly knows what they are doing. Well the rules were clear so everyone knew what might happen. There is no point complaining I guess.

arthurwellsley #53 Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48313 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
If I am dissatisfied with my teams organisation and ability to turn up is there a way to resign from the team?

Jonathan_Strange #54 Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18481 battles
Edited By Moderator

Edited by LordAxalon, 17 October 2016 - 04:49 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.

Dragokar #55 Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:35 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 36064 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostBerbo, on 17 October 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

Asking teams any info even like "what's their tactic?" is fine. As long as teams are not revealing any info during the game or influencing game. 

If you asked some players to rig the game by revealing map info for example, that would of course a full no go. But for question like yours, there's no need to make any fuss about it :)

Cheers!

Just in case I can prove what I asked so. Like I expected things like that ;) Anyway thanks for the answers. (bad drawing for us that we needed to play quarter finals :D )

With best regards,

Dragokar

Spinall #56 Posted 17 October 2016 - 10:11 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 42250 battles
  • [NOOSE] NOOSE
So if the tournament's map pool is introduced here: http://worldoftanks....urnaments/2101/ then can you admins please show me where the heck there is map called Cliff? Because it will be our next map we play. Also why there is map called Lakeville in map pool if it's not gonna even be played?

PinkFluffyBadAzz #57 Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26606 battles
  • [MOOSE] MOOSE

View PostDragokar, on 17 October 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

With best regards,

Dragokar.

Just for notice, I'm not salty at all... just wanted to know what the rules says about it if it happens again in the future in another tournament.

And hey...it is an insult to cell me for "Him", I'm a She ;)

Dragokar #58 Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:01 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 36064 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostCessan78, on 18 October 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

Just for notice, I'm not salty at all... just wanted to know what the rules says about it if it happens again in the future in another tournament.

And hey...it is an insult to cell me for "Him", I'm a She ;)

Not a personal thing anyway. I just assume that most of the players are male here so I prefer him over it ;) So my fault that I didnt stalked ur web profile to check if u are mal or female or genderless. Anyway have fun and a good day.

With best regards,

Dragokar

VerticalBird_ #59 Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22549 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

This system is so unbelievably stupid it makes completely no sense. No, i'm not salty because we lost our game, the games were good and fun. But can you please explain the how ALL THE BEST TEAMS play against each other in First Phase Playoffs? "It makes no difference since the best team always wins" -Berbo, after the last 14/140 tournament. Best team always wins and the other Top5 teams get dropped and get 500 gold per player.

This happened during the previous tournament, the playoff brackets had ALL the group winners in the same side of the bracket and ALL the 2nd place teams on the other side. Best teams played against each other and got like 5k-10k gold and what we all now as the second best team in the whole server, -CSA- came and took 30k gold by beating the bobs and in the final getting absolutely rekt against Holownicy.

This time, the same thing happened once again. Nothing was fixed, nothing was done better. In my opinion everything was just done worse, since there were supposed to be tiebreakers, well there weren't. Also there was a map called Cliff. It wasn't on the map pool before the tournament. Then the official report told us that it will be there as a tiebreaker map. Nothing else was told about it. WHY DO WE PLAY CLIFF THEN?!?! Never did you announce Cliff to be played anywhere, you just magically edited it into the map pool. You realize you've done something wrong by not adding it to the map pool, and then you only make it worse by adding it there mid-tournament without annoucing crap all. 

Only thing I want to see now is the Second Phase Groupstage brackets. I bet that there's bobs in 2 groups and the best teams spread over the remaining 2. And the bobs go and take six months of premium and 5k gold by "being good at the game".

One more thing, I dont think that in any possible way can a random system make this thing happen ANYWHERE. Last time it was like this, we won our group and as a prize all the group winners played against each other. When I got the chance to go to Gamescom we were 2nd on our group, and our bracket contained only the other 2nd place teams from groups and it was super easy. Now, your stupid system puts all the good teams to the same brackets again and bobs go easily through from the other brackets. There's 16 brackets where the system can draw teams to, and somehow it puts 4 of the lets say, atleast Top7 teams to the same brackets.

But hey remember this: It would not be fair for the worse teams to play against better teams. The same way as its not fair that unicums play randoms against average players. Nice company you are WG. Nice that you learn from your mistakes and such and hopefully, if your IT tech can't make a balanced tournament with the same rules as the beginning of the tournament and the end of it, don't make this crap at all and make CW worthwhile again since there's no point in playing this crap if we don't get anything for being good, neither is there any sense to play CW since it has no prizes anymore at 19 or 20 CET timezones. Well I'm off to playing games that I like and I'm not good at. Was nice to write the same message again as half a year ago. As I already said, nice company you are. Maybe start doing something right soon?

Edited by VerticalBird_, 20 October 2016 - 08:48 PM.

Jonathan_Strange #60 Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18481 battles

One thing we are sure about WG tournaments is RSOP guys being salty during playoffs.  :P

BTW: final was already played: https://www.twitch.tv/mailand121/v/96109767

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users