• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

_Crusad3r_ #21 Posted 06 October 2016 - 10:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24740 battles
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X

View PostD3al3r, on 05 October 2016 - 08:50 AM, said:

In the video it says you can make the tankcarousel 2 rows.
Done that.
But it also says you can make the tankicons in the tankcarousel smaller.

Where do you do that?
It is not in settings, filters or rightclick.

It goes smaller automatically for those with low screen resolution or use a different aspect ratio :)

Edited by _Crusad3r_, 06 October 2016 - 10:55 AM.

_Crusad3r_ #22 Posted 06 October 2016 - 10:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24740 battles
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X

View PostPinkyDK, on 05 October 2016 - 10:32 PM, said:

double lined tank carousel = awesome

sorting tanks by vehicle type before tier = I still hate it

I would love to be able to sort tanks by nation, tier and type (in that specific order) rather than nation, type and tier...

Old bug : Urgent orders from war department often doesn't appear in mission tab unless I'm online when it gets activated... Its humbug!! ;-)

Stop being a lil b!tch Pinky ;) You know someone is online when the special mission goes up you scrub - you all cry in clan chat anyway about it :P

grey_area #23 Posted 06 October 2016 - 11:05 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20237 battles

A couple of thoughts:

1. Feedback is ok. Glad it can be customised BUT . . . does it identify tanks even if they haven't been spotted eg a light using bush mechanics effectively. Not good if that's the case.

2. why remove interteam chat? I get that some idiots were giving away team mate positions but in my experience these are usually bluffs (a valid tactic) or to identify AFK tanks at end game. The interteam chat used to add some real humour to the game and allowed me to congratulate the other team no good play when appropriate. Please bring back.

Ulfhedinn_ #24 Posted 06 October 2016 - 11:19 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

I don't like the 2 missions icons (one dark blue the other crimson) floating in the middle of my garage screen. It's really intrusive, my garage is not a competition garage, it's a collectors garage and I really don't want over elitist plastic missions pushing in my face, it destroys realism and immersion. I guess WG put the PM mission icon there to remind people to do PM's, I don't need reminding, I just think they're unfair and hate them, I'd prefer to forget they exist, I've deactivated all my Personal Missions now in order to try to minimise that PM icon, so it's been counter productive. And the other mission icon is saying I have a load of missions I should be doing that are actually Tournament missions, stuff I won't touch and zero to do with me.

Please add an option to remove those new mission icons.

Also when you're killed in battle, there's now a huge red & black sign placed over your dead tank saying who killed you, zoom in on the tank model the sign gets bigger, so you can no longer look at your dead tank model. It's harmed realism, mood, and immersion, it's anti-special interest, I actually couldn't care less who killed me, I do care that I can study my tank wreck as it's interesting to see the model. I thought I was playing a special interest game themed with history and tanks, not robotwars.

And although not a change this patch, in Settings I've set my tanks aim circle to be Aimpoint 2 marker, so it's a placing a bright green dot over a bright red one to aim on target. However that reticle only shows on normal view, it defaults back to the standard reticle in sniper mode and it's very hard to see. It would be a massive improvement if the settings you apply to reticle, applied not only to normal view but the much more important sniper view too.

Edited by Ulfhedinn_, 06 October 2016 - 11:24 AM.

alexis77cool #25 Posted 06 October 2016 - 12:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 44956 battles

View Postnobble, on 05 October 2016 - 02:20 PM, said:

I used to see skills displayed next to the crew pictures up to and including the 5th skill.

Now i only see up to the 4th skill.

Y u do dis Wargaming????

Our friend here posted something very important.

What are these x4 and x5 bullshits.

Have a look

x4.jpg

I want to see my Skill/Perk ICONS, I want them BACK, because I am looking forward to change my skills/perks and try other setups, paying the appropriate gold ofc.

Now I have to click on each man to see his perks/skills, which is literally annoying and really irritating

x4-2.jpg

I am assuming the next patch will be something like this one

x4 - Copy.jpg

congratulations RT4rd$

Edited by alexis77cool, 06 October 2016 - 11:24 PM.

Gepard_PH #26 Posted 06 October 2016 - 03:43 PM

Publishing Producer

• WG Staff
  • 18610 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postcommwot, on 06 October 2016 - 10:26 AM, said:

Vehicle filter for elite tanks is still broken.

There is a filter labled "Elite" which says to show/hide elite vehicles but it show/hides non-elite vehicles. So if its active my non-elite vehicles are _not_ shown.

If it is not active elite and non-elite tanks are shown.

It should filter out elite tanks, not the non-elite ones.

Actually no. If you put a tick next to "Elite" filter only Elite tanks should be displayed, just like with all other filters (if you tick "Premium" you will see only premium vehicles; if you select "x2" you will see only tank with x2 available).

grey_area #27 Posted 06 October 2016 - 03:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20237 battles
Can someone confirm whether or not feedback hit indicators state the attacking tank type even if that vehicle has yet to be spotted (eg: a light tank using bush mechanics effectively)? Many thanks.

TokiWartooth #28 Posted 06 October 2016 - 04:46 PM

Corporal

• Clan Commander
  • 27751 battles
  • [W__F] W__F

Lol so WG is working as intended then, as in taking something awesome and ruining it.

Gkirmathal #29 Posted 06 October 2016 - 05:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8125 battles
  • [1VTD] 1VTD

Does anyone know if the new Feedback UI features (hit/dmg log and battle events) are shown when watching a replay??

As it stands I do no longer see the the hitlog and dmg notifications anymore when I watch a replays.

No mods installed and deleted all WoT user data from C:\Users\%myuser%\AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net

But after restarting WoT, it still has my old for settings for: hit/dmg log and battle events.

So where does WoT save the configurations of the Feedback UI features? In which configuration file?

Edit: did a completely clean reinstall install of Wot. Still my previous settings in the Feedback tab were 'remembered'. Thus did not start 'clean', where the heck are the settings of the Feedback tab saved?

Edited by Gkirmathal, 06 October 2016 - 08:02 PM.

BP_OMowe #30 Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19459 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostGkirmathal, on 06 October 2016 - 05:22 PM, said:

Does anyone know if the new Feedback UI features (hit/dmg log and battle events) are shown when watching a replay??

As it stands I do no longer see the the hitlog and dmg notifications anymore when I watch a replays.

No mods installed and deleted all WoT user data from C:\Users\%myuser%\AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net

But after restarting WoT, it still has my old for settings for: hit/dmg log and battle events.

So where does WoT save the configurations of the Feedback UI features? In which configuration file?

Edit: did a completely clean reinstall install of Wot. Still my previous settings in the Feedback tab were 'remembered'. Thus did not start 'clean', where the heck are the settings of the Feedback tab saved?

The settings are located in the preferences.xml , found in :\Documents and Settings\[User name]\Application Data\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks

8126Jakobsson #31 Posted 06 October 2016 - 11:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51358 battles

View Postgrey_area, on 06 October 2016 - 03:59 PM, said:

Can someone confirm whether or not feedback hit indicators state the attacking tank type even if that vehicle has yet to be spotted (eg: a light tank using bush mechanics effectively)? Many thanks.

Yep. It tells you which tank and from where regardless. 

2eme_Voltigeur #32 Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 37446 battles
  • [W0P] W0P

Hello,

I am a bit confused.. The video clearly states that the directional hit markers only tell you what tank hits you when the attacker is NOT spotted. However this is not the case. I am clearly receiving information about tanks which aren't spotted. Is this a bug?

I myself find this disturbing, I am a player that plays medium, light and tds whilst using camo as their advantage, yet with these markers the advantage is lost. I have multiple times received hits from tanks whilst I am not even spotted because they know what is firing at them and from what position. The markers are too accurate and give too much information.

Gkirmathal #33 Posted 07 October 2016 - 10:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8125 battles
  • [1VTD] 1VTD

View PostBP_OMowe, on 06 October 2016 - 08:59 PM, said:

The settings are located in the preferences.xml , found in :\Documents and Settings\[User name]\Application Data\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks

I know, I deleted the whole folder and let WoT generate a new one and also I did a complete fresh reinstall.

But the settings in the Feedback tab, were still in the same config (disabled most Battle Events) I made yesterday.

So they seem to be stored somewhere else, otherwise Battle Events options would again all be on by default which they weren't.

Edited by Gkirmathal, 07 October 2016 - 10:13 AM.

PansarTrollet #34 Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14923 battles
  • [RM] RM
Maybe i'm missing something, but my free bunks where truncated. I used to switch between Scorpion/Jagdtiger , and now i had to buy bunks to be able to, that is a lot of gold :/

grey_area #35 Posted 07 October 2016 - 10:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20237 battles

View Postgrey_area, on 06 October 2016 - 02:59 PM, said:

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 06 October 2016 - 10:13 PM, said:

Yep. It tells you which tank and from where regardless. 

To quote Spock "That is Illogical Captain!!". So my light tank who has yet to be spotted takes a position 15 metres behind a bush at max view range and fires at tank spotted by a third party. Even though no one on the enemy team has ever spotted the tank and he cannot be seen due to his position relative to the bush the enemy tank is told what type of vehicle he is. For the enemy to know he has been hit and from which direction makes sense, for him to have some psychic link to the shell that hits him so much so he can deduce the tank that fired it is just nuts.

stainlessteelrat #36 Posted 08 October 2016 - 02:42 AM

Private

• Player
  • 35400 battles

please remove the feedback . 

firstly being told the exact direction and type of tank that shot you without that tank even being spotted is just wrong . it totally negates camoflage and sniping . 

secondly ( even more annoying for me) those big cartoon arrows all over the screen ruin the feel of the game . i know i can switch them off but then i am putting myself at a disadvantage by not being able to identify and pinpoint the exact location of snipers as other people will be doing .

just remove this feedback function . its wrong

sofjim65 #37 Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15811 battles
  • [AETOS] AETOS

I can't realise the reason that mekes WG to change the minimaps to a simpler (and much uglier, in my opinion) preview. Well, this feature was first seen in earlier updates, but with this update more nad more minimaps have changed. Earlier versions of minimaps gave you a 3D view of the map, so you could easily realise the ground around your tank. With the new version its not so easy! I wonder if any other player prefer the new version of the minimaps! Will be anyone able to explain me the reason of change?

Well, another one feature that changed is the appearence of the achievments you made in the battle. In eralier versions, a popup icon shown at the center of the screen above the crosshair, but now a text is shown under the crosshair. I believe that this feature is much more indiscernible and makes it harder to be seen.

Edited by sofjim65, 08 October 2016 - 11:07 AM.

BP_OMowe #38 Posted 08 October 2016 - 03:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19459 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View Postsofjim65, on 08 October 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

I can't realise the reason that mekes WG to change the minimaps to a simpler (and much uglier, in my opinion) preview. Well, this feature was first seen in earlier updates, but with this update more nad more minimaps have changed. Earlier versions of minimaps gave you a 3D view of the map, so you could easily realise the ground around your tank. With the new version its not so easy! I wonder if any other player prefer the new version of the minimaps! Will be anyone able to explain me the reason of change?

While totally agreeing on the ugliness of the new maps, I for one find them faster to read, menaing I can more easily keep track of where own and enemy tanks are.

tikilol #39 Posted 09 October 2016 - 09:32 AM

Private

• Player
  • 20891 battles
trying to get mods out of gameplay... good job so far but some of us are too used to mods to get out of em.
for example shift key makes you enable sniper mode and the zoom is the same as the last time you were snipeing.
This makes wot without mods completely unplayable for me and probably i'm not the only 1.
so can any1 tell me how to fix it in xvm settings or sth? cuz othervise i have to install promod again :D

OreH75 #40 Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41130 battles
Some of the new minimaps are a bit to light, differences in terrain height are almost invisible Redshire for example.

Also tagged with 9.16

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users