UI Improvements

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

p1630n #41 Posted 15 October 2016 - 08:58 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 30619 battles
Can you please give us a option to CHOSE smaler icons corousel in two rows? 

Mad_F #42 Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13122 battles
  • [BOLLO] BOLLO

View Poststainlessteelrat, on 08 October 2016 - 01:42 AM, said:

please remove the feedback . 

firstly being told the exact direction and type of tank that shot you without that tank even being spotted is just wrong . it totally negates camoflage and sniping . 

secondly ( even more annoying for me) those big cartoon arrows all over the screen ruin the feel of the game . i know i can switch them off but then i am putting myself at a disadvantage by not being able to identify and pinpoint the exact location of snipers as other people will be doing .

just remove this feedback function . its wrong

While I'd agree generally, I see a problem: WG can't easily remove the possibility to get the information, because it's been around in mods. I'm not quite sure how their mod API works but it looks like mods add or replace game files. So anything that's possible for the game client is possible for mods. You have damage indicators => mods can change them and add any or all information transmitted from server to game client.

If they remove it from vanilla, people will just keep using the mods, which puts vanilla users at a disadvantage.

They would need to remove it from their server-client communication, so that the game client never learns who shot at the player => Bye, bye to detailed damage logs and whatnot.

And still mods could reintroduce estimates by last spotted position and incoming angle, which would be missing from vanilla again.

It's just like Zeno's 2nd Paradox "Achilles and the Tortoise" : Although WG defines the API, the modder community has more (combined) time and incentive to get an advantage over vanilla gamers.

I like WG approach to incorporate more options (previously available only by mods) into vanilla.

I'm still missing, in battle:

• hold ctrl in battle -> enlarge minimap and put it in center of the screen

In addition to freeing the mouse pointer from camera, this comes in handy when driving in a fast light: You can actually tell your team where you're going next. You can also take a better look at close quarter fights: Does your team need help there? Are the opponents around the corner yet?

• right click near an opponent in battle -> simplified auto-aim activation

Should activating auto-aim really be an issue of how much of the opponent you can see? Just because you and your opponent are driving fast into different directions activating auto-aim is supposed to be harder? You know there's a tank around the corner, it's been spotted, but you can only activate auto-aim from this impossible camera angle or when driving around?

• zoom out

I've seen the game on a 4K monitor. You just get so much more of an overview with it. I'm playing on a laptop. I'm compensating by using a zoom out mod. I usually zoom out 4 ticks of scroll wheel, I think vanilla allows only 2 ticks.

In garage:

• clock - do I need to tell any more?
  • small tank icons as an option - to downsize the 2-line tank carousel
  • auto crew/equip reallocation - to get your tanks ready faster.

Searching for crew/equip on other tanks isn't really a problem but it's no fun either. This is really helpful, when switching through tiers in a platoon.

If those are embedded into vanilla, I've no mods left.

Oh and about the new "battle events feedback", I liked the small flags at the top better. They didn't clutter the view so much.

Edited by Mad_F, 16 October 2016 - 01:19 PM.

TopTierNaming #43 Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11259 battles

nimetön.pngI thank you for your concern. However I do not need be reminded of the crew transfer or the loadout change I manually just did a second ago.

(would like this number to only show invitations, friend requests and personal notifications)

Edited by TopTierNaming, 17 October 2016 - 02:27 PM.

Lowered #44 Posted 17 October 2016 - 10:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 25815 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostMad_F, on 16 October 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

• hold ctrl in battle -> enlarge minimap and put it in center of the screen
  • right click near an opponent in battle -> simplified auto-aim activation
  • zoom out
  • clock - do I need to tell any more?
  • small tank icons as an option - to downsize the 2-line tank carousel
  • auto crew/equip reallocation - to get your tanks ready faster.

1: Yeah, everyone would love to lose a possible hotkey (oh wait it is a hotkey) to have a giant map plastered in front and blocking view.

Does it take so much from your focus to press control and move the mouse?

2: Yeah, auto-aim would be even more awesome. I personally would love to see how long a player would learn to search for weakspots instead of just driving aimlessly across the map autoaiming at everything...

Such skill, much aim, wow....

3: Mod it. Solved.

4: Mod it. Solved.

4: Mod it. Solved.

4: It was implemented a LOOOONG time ago. It's called "Return Crew to Vehicle". As for the equipment, mod it.

Cataphractarii #45 Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:29 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28706 battles
  • [WAAT] WAAT

Please consider providing some statistics around average credit making per tank in the vehicle statistics?

Since the game has its own economy I feel WG should make some effort to give players information regarding the earning capacity of each tank as played by the individual, in the same way xp is provided, enabling players to make choices on which tanks to play when they need credits.

Sir_Ballistic #46 Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:55 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28500 battles

it is a lot better now, great job on this for a change, there is a few bugs as filters they need to be more detailed.

I like the comparisions, where you can compare Tanks to others, but soft stats are missing, this are needed

please fix that, or we will have to use other softwares for this., then all your work is for nothing.

Edited by Cozy66, 28 November 2016 - 04:56 AM.

Also tagged with 9.16

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users