Jump to content


KV-122, upcoming Tier 7 premium (uptiered pre-nerf KV-1S)

rasha stronk

  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Sams_Baneblade #1 Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:34 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17039 battles
  • 1,198
  • Member since:
    04-24-2012

Here is the new 100% original premium being supertested. Never seen before.

Tier 7 premium HT (RASHAAAAAA)

HP: 1200
Engine: 700hp
Mass:  46,515 t
Power-to-weight: 15,05 hp / t
Max speed: 42 / -14 km / h
Hull turning speed: 40 °/s
Turret turning speed: 33,4 °/s
Terrain resistance values: 0,959 / 1,055 / 2,014
View range: 360 m
Radio range: 440 m
 
Hull armor: 75 / 60 / ? mm
Turret armor: 100 / 90 / ? mm
 
Gun: 122 mm D-25T (WG is so unpredictable! wow)
Alpha Damage: 390 / 390 / 530
Penetration: 175 / 217 / 61mm
Rate Of Fire: 5,087 rounds/minute
Damage Per Minute: 1,984
Reload time: 11,795 s
Accuracy: 0,441
Aiming time: 3,07 s
Depression/Elevation: -6 / +20 °
Armor
 
Your thoughts? :)
 

Edited by Sams_Baneblade, 05 October 2016 - 06:00 PM.


Dr_ownape #2 Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:42 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 44020 battles
  • 5,547
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

a heavium with 75mm of armour at tier 7. let. 

 

doesn't have accuracy or aiming time to snipe or to shoot and scoot.  yet no armour to brawl? 


Edited by Drownape, 05 October 2016 - 07:43 AM.


Excavatus #3 Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:49 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18908 battles
  • 1,656
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

That is a non armored version of IS and IS2 I guess..

 

And it is blind as Grandpa elliot..

nor armor, nor accuracy, no vision... around 12 seconds reload...

 

 

What a nice tank...


Edited by Excavatus, 05 October 2016 - 07:54 AM.


Sams_Baneblade #4 Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:05 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17039 battles
  • 1,198
  • Member since:
    04-24-2012

View PostExcavatus, on 05 October 2016 - 07:49 AM, said:

That is a non armored version of IS and IS2 I guess..

And it is blind as Grandpa elliot..

nor armor, nor accuracy, no vision... around 12 seconds reload...

What a nice tank...

 

View PostDrownape, on 05 October 2016 - 07:42 AM, said:

a heavium with 75mm of armour at tier 7. let. 

doesn't have accuracy or aiming time to snipe or to shoot and scoot.  yet no armour to brawl? 

 

It seems this tanks pushes even further the concept of "heavium" compared to the IS, sacrificing any hull armor for a whooping speed+engine boost and 10m additionnal view range.

No idea wether it will work, tho.



tajj7 #5 Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:35 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 25568 battles
  • 13,836
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

Little point in it compared to the IS-2 Berlin, it goes like 8 kph faster for having tier 5 armour, not a great trade off.

 

I mean the IS-2 isn't massively armoured, but you get about 160 plus from the UFP, and some very high armour zones on the cheeks and the turret that will troll a lot of what it faces.  Plus you have 100/90mm sides as well so you can bounce stuff whilst you one shot tier 5s and apart from the top speed only being 34 kph it's pretty mobile and agile for a heavy. 

 

The gun stats are identical to an IS2 berlin, so are ground resistances, DPM, gun depression all the same.

 

So pretty much 8kph more top speed and 2 hp/ton OR better armour.

 

IS2 Berlin bounces about 30% of shots against it. 

 

KV-85 on tier 6 (which I am pretty sure will have the same armour layout) bounces about 24%, so doubt you are going to bounce much more than about 20% of shots on tier 7.

 

 



The_Georgian_One #6 Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:45 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37158 battles
  • 1,630
  • [KOFN] KOFN
  • Member since:
    01-05-2015
Tier 7 Personal Missions reward anyone?

pihip #7 Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:53 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14197 battles
  • 884
  • Member since:
    01-11-2013

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 05 October 2016 - 08:45 AM, said:

Tier 7 Personal Missions reward anyone?

 

Either that or a rare drop bundle like VK 45.03.

The thin armor for its tier is bad, but it's still a 122mm doing 40+ per hour with decent ground resistance and workable gun depression (I predicted the same -3 as KV-85 before reading the stats). Worthless for those who own IS-2 Berlin, otherwise I dare say it looks interesting, though far from a second coming of the old KV-1S.

tajj7 #8 Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:00 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 25568 battles
  • 13,836
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

Hope not because it's boring as hell, I mean that 122 just gets so over used. 

 

Would much prefer one of the two premium tier 7 light tanks they have been testing,

 

the T71 CMCD (https://ritastatusre...el-screenshots/) or

 

The T92 (https://ritastatusre...-stats-updated/)

 

One of those as a tier 7 PM reward tank would be more fun than another soviet heavy tank clone, especially as I think this Kv-122 is potentially the 14th potential premium or reward Soviet heavy. 

 

14th! 

 


Edited by tajj7, 05 October 2016 - 09:00 AM.


The_Georgian_One #9 Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:43 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37158 battles
  • 1,630
  • [KOFN] KOFN
  • Member since:
    01-05-2015

View Posttajj7, on 05 October 2016 - 09:00 AM, said:

Hope not because it's boring as hell, I mean that 122 just gets so over used.

 

Would much prefer one of the two premium tier 7 light tanks they have been testing,

 

the T71 CMCD (https://ritastatusre...el-screenshots/) or

 

The T92 (https://ritastatusre...-stats-updated/)

 

One of those as a tier 7 PM reward tank would be more fun than another soviet heavy tank clone, especially as I think this Kv-122 is potentially the 14th potential premium or reward Soviet heavy.

 

14th!

 

 

T92 would be super awesome. Coming back to our discussion in other thread - now that they introduced BC instead of Lorraine, are there any other proposals for tier 9 reward?

speedphlux #10 Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:47 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 44197 battles
  • 1,808
  • [TZAR] TZAR
  • Member since:
    01-28-2011

Wait a minute ! Over 5 round a minute ?! At Tier 7 ?!

 

Screw armor, that thing has potential !



Balc0ra #11 Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:01 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66533 battles
  • 16,573
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
I suspect that thing will see tier 9's. It needs to be more agile to grab my interest then as that armor is not gonna bounce much unless he is top tier either. Well going by the old KV-1S's agility that is. But at least the ROF is 100% the same with 100% crew as the rest of the 122mm at tier 7.

Edited by Balc0ra, 05 October 2016 - 11:05 AM.


Ulfhedinn_ #12 Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:11 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 48246 battles
  • 7,041
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013
If this is the KV1s as a Prem, where's the VK36h medium (with stock turret and konisch gun) Prem tank?

Tidal_Force #13 Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:21 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16192 battles
  • 6,839
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012

KV-85 armour layout.

IS reload, accuracy and aimtime.

Same power to weight as IS, but 10% to 30% better terrain resistance. Alternatively, same terrain resistance as KV-85 but about 20% better HP/t.

10 more view range than IS, 20 more than KV-85,

 

After factoring increased goldspam, it will be another case of P2W, though less than Berlin IS2 (Berlin Cromwell is P2W through goldspam too).

 

Soviet IS

Chinese IS2

Berlin IS2


Edited by Tidal_Force, 05 October 2016 - 11:24 AM.


tajj7 #14 Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:24 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 25568 battles
  • 13,836
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 05 October 2016 - 09:43 AM, said:

 

T92 would be super awesome. Coming back to our discussion in other thread - now that they introduced BC instead of Lorraine, are there any other proposals for tier 9 reward?

 

Think it would be more interesting/fun than the T28 HTC and both look pretty competitive, they look as good as the current T71 just without an autoloader.

 

Not seen any tier 9s, I wonder if they might instead use a tier 8 and make it an actual proper premium?

 

Would like to see the first 3 tanks a tier 6, a tier 7 and a tier 8 and make them all full premiums.

 

remind me I should update a thread I made about upcoming premiums about 6 months ago. 

 

 

View Postspeedphlux, on 05 October 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

Wait a minute ! Over 5 round a minute ?! At Tier 7 ?!

 

Screw armor, that thing has potential !

 

It's the same DPM/ROF as the IS and IS2B

 



leggasiini #15 Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:49 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 14852 battles
  • 6,214
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012

View Posttajj7, on 05 October 2016 - 12:24 PM, said:

 

Think it would be more interesting/fun than the T28 HTC and both look pretty competitive, they look as good as the current T71 just without an autoloader.

 

Not seen any tier 9s, I wonder if they might instead use a tier 8 and make it an actual proper premium?

 

Would like to see the first 3 tanks a tier 6, a tier 7 and a tier 8 and make them all full premiums.

 

remind me I should update a thread I made about upcoming premiums about 6 months ago. 

 

 

 

It's the same DPM/ROF as the IS and IS2B

 

 

Doesnt IS/IS-2 have actually 4,88 RoF, which is slightly lower than KV-122's? Or am i missing something here?

 

its literally reincarnation of old KV-1S at tier 7, with worse depression, more HP and better gun stats



tajj7 #16 Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:03 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 25568 battles
  • 13,836
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View Postleggasiini, on 05 October 2016 - 10:49 AM, said:

 

Doesnt IS/IS-2 have actually 4,88 RoF, which is slightly lower than KV-122's? Or am i missing something here?

 

its literally reincarnation of old KV-1S at tier 7, with worse depression, more HP and better gun stats

 

Tanks.gg is telling me the IS and IS-2B has 5.09 ROF.

 

As far as I can tell this KV-122 has identical gun stats to them (can't see dispersion) and the current IS and IS-2B have the same gun stats except the IS-2B has slightly worse movement dispersion. 

 

-------------------------

 

@Tidal there is no real reason why the IS-2B should perform that much better than an IS when they are basically the same tank, so I can only presume that is benefit of not being stock and most IS-2Bs will have very good crews on a tier where most other people do not. 

 

 


Edited by tajj7, 05 October 2016 - 12:05 PM.


Tidal_Force #17 Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:19 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16192 battles
  • 6,839
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012

View Posttajj7, on 05 October 2016 - 11:03 AM, said:

@Tidal there is no real reason why the IS-2B should perform that much better than an IS when they are basically the same tank, so I can only presume that is benefit of not being stock and most IS-2Bs will have very good crews on a tier where most other people do not. 

 

Or maybe it's simple fact that they spam more goldammo and still come out ahead?

<sarcasm>Nah, of course not. There's no P2W in WoT. None at all. Fact that everyone who tried, failed to keep their performance while going pure F2P doesn't prove anything.</sarcasm>



Comrade_Renamon #18 Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:45 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9835 battles
  • 859
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

I see ilttle point in this tank, it will be a bit faster IS with the same gun, likely same tier spread. Unless this one gets way better gun handling than the IS (which already has better gun handling than the IS-2/IS-2B) I don't see a reason for this tank to exist. Might be some special reward tank in the future.

 

@Tidal:

Will not deny that people would gold spam in them (though it nets you a loss in creds without prem account at those tiers) but what Tajj said is not untrue, if you check my IS-2 vs IS-2B stats you can see the difference. The Chinese I did with full grind with a not so great crew while my IS-2 Berlin already had a 3 skill crew waiting for them (my KV-3 crew).

 

EDIT: though I agree that cromwell Bs do seem to dispense APCR like candy, IS-2Bs I don't know as I don't see them too often.


Edited by Comrade_Renamon, 05 October 2016 - 12:55 PM.


LordMuffin #19 Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:50 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 48529 battles
  • 11,155
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

Because we really need one more Russian premium heavy... 

 

British prem heavies??? Anywhere??? 



TankkiPoju #20 Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:45 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20732 battles
  • 6,274
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

You can use the same exact crew for IS-2 Berlin, IS-6 and IS-3 or T-10... so no wonder many people have good crews in their Russian heavies.

 

IS-2 Berlin has also quite high WN8 target damage, I suspect it's being played by pretty good players.







Also tagged with rasha, stronk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users