T-44 is going to get a new gun in 0.7.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
251 replies to this topic

Wayne_Payne #41 Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8704 battles
With so many tweaks and great new tanks added to the game in the last 6 months, the term 'I had that tank in beta' means sweet fek all to be honest.

Chernobyl_Kinsman #42 Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 9626 battles
I'm assuming the rof will not be the same as the t54s, otherwise it would be too good, as it is its just an accuracy boost which is what the 44 needs to be comparable to the other two (I have all three fully upgraded currently) although they'll still be mostly better tbh.

ViktorKitov #43 Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25303 battles
  • [BG-TA] BG-TA
I went from "Should I buy the T-44?"

To "Hmm lets see 2.6 Million...LB-1...KV-2 lets go"

PadyEos #44 Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 14600 battles

View PostChernobyl_Kinsman, on 06 October 2011 - 12:08 AM, said:

I'm assuming the rof will not be the same as the t54s, otherwise it would be too good, as it is its just an accuracy boost which is what the 44 needs to be comparable to the other two (I have all three fully upgraded currently) although they'll still be mostly better tbh.

Honestly even atm Pershings and Panther2's seem really weak against my T-44, but a boost in rof and accuracy would be nice nonetheless.

TheEnds #45 Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7412 battles
Dammit I just sold my T-44 because I couldn't stand the Idiot Gun. Now I'm going to have to buy another one and learn to hate a whole new gun (I am very set in my ways).

DigitalPsycho #46 Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:58 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3266 battles
Omg after this long time, i was so close to belive this day will never come!

Kurnubego #47 Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:03 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 15857 battles
I hope it won't get it. T 44 would be just way too strong. Now here is why:

in refire department it overspits all other tanks. Pershing with 8,4 and panther with 9,84, while maintainting around avarage alpha damage.
in mobility deparment it's already the most agile tank.
in sniping department it's even better than Panther II gun. Accuracy is just slightly worse but aim time is surprizingly good.
the tank itslef is small and with decent front armor with good slope.
it has a bit worse penetration but for a close brawler it's not such a big weakness.

So I got to say no. The gun is simply too powerful for a T-44 as the tank is now. It would simply leave other mediums of it's tier behind. Being able to do same as the others while not sharing their weaknesses. This is not how balance should look like.

I fully understand that some people will always want cool toys, but sometimes you should put everything in a bit wider perspective before you make judgment.

MACtic #48 Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:44 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 11189 battles

View PostKurnubego, on 17 October 2011 - 11:03 AM, said:

in refire department it overspits all other tanks. Pershing with 8,4 and panther with 9,84, while maintainting around avarage alpha damage.
in sniping department it's even better than Panther II gun. Accuracy is just slightly worse but aim time is surprizingly good.
it has a bit worse penetration but for a close brawler it's not such a big weakness.

So I got to say no. The gun is simply too powerful for a T-44 as the tank is now. It would simply leave other mediums of it's tier behind. Being able to do same as the others while not sharing their weaknesses. This is not how balance should look like.

I fully understand that some people will always want cool toys, but sometimes you should put everything in a bit wider perspective before you make judgment.
Why are you comparing Tier 8 tank (T-44) to Tier 7 tank (Panther). Do it right and compare it to it's counterpart Panther 2.
Even if T-44 gets the gun un-nerfed it won't be OP. It will be on par. Just campare it with Panther 2 long 88 and Pershings 90mm:
Posted Image

Zszywacz #49 Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9321 battles

Well i don't see any D10T compatible meds in your profile.

After 1.1 k battles with it on T-34-85 and some on the T-43 i simply can't agree with 'aim time is surprizingly good'. It takes ages to zero.

And for the accuracy - in slow T-43 i can't hit a damn thing on the move (i know - vert stab is on tier 8 avaiable for T-44, but still).
Compared to the 85mm (i use it now on the KV-13) wihich has same/similar accuracy to other T8 meds' guns - the D10T is way less accurate.

I bet they will lower RoF a bit for this new T-44 gun.

Arkhell #50 Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles
the current 100mm just doesn't cut it on tier 8 it's not fast enough, doesn't aim and is jsut to inaccurate to even stand a chance half the time.

At first it wasn't so bad untill the Type 59 got introduced you can see the glaring shortcommings on the T-44 in the gun department vs the type 59 which has just a little bid different gun stats but it's really a world of differnece when you try to shoot something with the T-44 or the Type eventhough they have roughly the same gun.

Kurnubego #51 Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15857 battles

View PostMACtic, on 17 October 2011 - 11:44 AM, said:

Why are you comparing Tier 8 tank (T-44) to Tier 7 tank (Panther). Do it right and compare it to it's counterpart Panther 2.
Even if T-44 gets the gun un-nerfed it won't be OP. It will be on par. Just campare it with Panther 2 long 88 and Pershings 90mm:

Maybe next time have a bit more patient to read carefully before you eagerlesly write something. Would save me couple of minutes to respond.

YES I wrote Panther II and I had it in mind. This can be obviuosly seen by II mark and out of context of entire post as well.

The gun would be already stronger than the rest on it's own. As I said. Better DPM, better alpha better accuracy (maimly by aim time) with a bit less penetration. But we don't play flying guns to shoot around. The guns are mounted on vehicles who has their own traits which helps to put that gun in practice. A small, fast tank with decent armor for a medium with best gun of all other mediums is damn to be Overpowered, ruining expierience of other people for the sake of your own cool toy.

As I said, try to see things from wider perspective before you answer. From your last post I don't see any rational arguments why T-44 should have such gun.

After 1.1 k battles with it on T-34-85 and some on the T-43 i simply can't agree with 'aim time is surprizingly good'. It takes ages to zero.

I was talking about the proposed gun. Not the idiot gun it has now. Proposed gun has aim time of 2,0. Read before you answer.

I agree that T-44 needs a better gun. But this is not an argument to make it OP.

Semaca #52 Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 34476 battles

so which is it sherlock? snipe or brawl?

MACtic #53 Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 11189 battles

View PostKurnubego, on 17 October 2011 - 12:10 PM, said:

YES I wrote Panther II and I had it in mind. This can be obviuosly seen by II mark and out of context of entire post as well.

I agree that T-44 needs a better gun. But this is not an argument to make it OP.
Ninja edit doesn't count  <_<

If you want to discuss please operate on stats and figures, not just pick something minor and focus on it as if it was a valid point. The screenshot is there and stats are there and everybody can see as it is.

PinkyDK #54 Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 43464 battles
  • [KISS-] KISS-
Even if I'm fairly inexperienced it seems to me the low russian penetration (I hated all guns before the BL-9) and high risc of exploding from a lucky shot should balance out pretty much any minor advantages from alpha/dps and a smaller/angled profile of the tank?
Furthermore I would expect the gun to be introduced in a "prototype" version with maybe reduced RoF, but with the other drawbacks does it really matter that much?

Pinky

PS. How sure are people that this gun will actually be made available?

Kurnubego #55 Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:14 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15857 battles

View PostSemaca, on 17 October 2011 - 12:29 PM, said:

so which is it sherlock? snipe or brawl?

Bingo, sherlock. That's the main problem. It's good at both without any noticable flaw.

Nirvana #56 Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18988 battles
In a way, I am with Kurnubego on this one, allow me to elaborate:

Thing is, the current gun is indeed underpowered, and it needs to be changed, but the new gun would make for an overall overpowered package.

Gun itself doesn't tell the whole story, and even there, it is greatly superior to the Panther II and Pershing guns (the only flaw being the penetration, which isn't bad at all). 3.1 accuracy, 2.0 aim time, 10 RoF (granted that it might be lower on the T44, although nothing was said about that yet), and 230 damage make for a great gun.

That, without even considering the tank it is mounted on: it has a glaring flaw, which is the ammo rack. Other than that, it has decent armour (about the same as the other two meds), great mobility and speed, all while being considerably smaller (especially compared to the Panther II).

Put gun and tank toghether. Now put Panther and it's gun toghether, and do the same with the Pershing. Can you honestly say you don't see a problem?

I'll stress this out again: it does need a new gun, but not -this- gun, or not in it's current form.

phantom_mitsaras #57 Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8743 battles
Id rather hope they buffed the 122 to is 1st 122 gun levels of rof. And had the 2nd 122 as an option to t54  but this is good also

Arkhell #58 Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles

View PostNirvana, on 17 October 2011 - 04:47 PM, said:

In a way, I am with Kurnubego on this one, allow me to elaborate:

Thing is, the current gun is indeed underpowered, and it needs to be changed, but the new gun would make for an overall overpowered package.

Gun itself doesn't tell the whole story, and even there, it is greatly superior to the Panther II and Pershing guns (the only flaw being the penetration, which isn't bad at all). 3.1 accuracy, 2.0 aim time, 10 RoF (granted that it might be lower on the T44, although nothing was said about that yet), and 230 damage make for a great gun.

That, without even considering the tank it is mounted on: it has a glaring flaw, which is the ammo rack. Other than that, it has decent armour (about the same as the other two meds), great mobility and speed, all while being considerably smaller (especially compared to the Panther II).

Put gun and tank toghether. Now put Panther and it's gun toghether, and do the same with the Pershing. Can you honestly say you don't see a problem?

I'll stress this out again: it does need a new gun, but not -this- gun, or not in it's current form.

If they give it the same RoF as the current 100 it has ( about 8 ) then it has a comparible gun to the Type 59 except less RoF i don't see a problem with it.

Edward_Teague #59 Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32642 battles

U don't know what ur talking about...

T44 needs a LB-1 or at least type 59 100mm to be anywhere near lvl with pantherII / Pershing or type 59.
We're are all these nooblets coming from?

Tank_Killer1 #60 Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 61770 battles
  • [ASOSX] ASOSX
I welcome the change but it will need a lower ROF and slightly lower accuracy maybe 0.33. Please don't turn the tank into a sniper.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users