Jump to content


5th Clanwars Campaign - Discussions and Feedback


  • Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

MrConway #1 Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:57 AM

    WoWs Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 13046 battles
  • 862
  • [CIRC] CIRC
  • Member since:
    10-03-2013
Please feel free to discuss the new clanwars campaign here and provide us with any feedback you might have about the campaign!

Mystery___X #2 Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:24 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 41809 battles
  • 156
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011
can you try to make the campaign (and maybe reward too) that it would be actually worth playing, if its over 1 week long activity test can you have some freedays between weeks.

Atrevir #3 Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:37 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 18480 battles
  • 971
  • [PTS-D] PTS-D
  • Member since:
    09-05-2010
Can WG do the campaign for me, thanks bby xoxo

Monster95alpha19 #4 Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:39 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 35389 battles
  • 4,000
  • [TKEA] TKEA
  • Member since:
    10-28-2011

Questions : 

1. How long is it?

2. Will there be breaks between stages?

3.What is the exact ammount of gold&industrial resources given for rankings?



Keyhand #5 Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:56 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 61367 battles
  • 5,337
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS
  • Member since:
    10-25-2011

Hello MrConway, I am glad this thread has been created this timely as indeed I myself have a few questions.

 

1. How exactly are you planning to distribute the reward tanks?

2. How exactly are you planning to distribute famepoints?

3. What importance will the different Tiers have during the event concerning FP? (provided the event will take place on tiers 6/8/10), iirc the video was very vague about the stages.

4. How and when are possible changes in tournament rules definitely going to be communicated (as in: where do you have to look to be sure to be up to date)?

5. Is there even the slightest possibility of rules being changed DURING the event itself (like it has happened in the past)?

6. Assuming you already know the rules, MrConway, could you give as an approximation as to the importance of Playerskill vs Activity during the upcoming campaign (or could you get this type of information for us from within the department creating the rules)? I would like to know what WG employees have in mind when creating the rules and wether the desired result actually is close to the real one turning out.

7. Will there be a continuous drop in value of the rewards for Clan position at the end of the campaign? (Last campaign Clans tried to destroy their own Famepoints to drop below place 100 because the rewards for place 100+ were actually better than the ones from like place 80-100)

 

Looking forward to your answers and a cheerful morning to everyone!

Key


Edited by Keyhand, 27 October 2016 - 08:57 AM.


alienslive #6 Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:57 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 87994 battles
  • 1,809
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

Is there a chance to put out some map in t6 where the O-I camp can dominate (e.g. Mountain pass)?

 


Edited by alienslive, 27 October 2016 - 09:57 AM.


RaeudigerRonny #7 Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:01 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 26323 battles
  • 4,744
  • Member since:
    09-04-2013

View PostKeyhand, on 27 October 2016 - 09:56 AM, said:

Hello MrConway, I am glad this thread has been created this timely as indeed I myself have a few questions.

 

1. How exactly are you planning to distribute the reward tanks?

2. How exactly are you planning to distribute famepoints?

3. What importance will the different Tiers have during the event concerning FP? (provided the event will take place on tiers 6/8/10), iirc the video was very vague about the stages.

4. How and when are possible changes in tournament rules definitely going to be communicated (as in: where do you have to look to be sure to be up to date)?

5. Is there even the slightest possibility of rules being changed DURING the event itself (like it has happened in the past)?

6. Assuming you already know the rules, MrConway, could you give as an approximation as to the importance of Playerskill vs Activity during the upcoming campaign (or could you get this type of information for us from within the department creating the rules)? I would like to know what WG employees have in mind when creating the rules and wether the desired result actually is close to the real one turning out.

7. Will there be a continuous drop in value of the rewards for Clan position at the end of the campaign? (Last campaign Clans tried to destroy their own Famepoints to drop below place 100 because the rewards for place 100+ were actually better than the ones from like place 80-100)

 

Looking forward to your answers and a cheerful morning to everyone!

Key

 

Most of your questions will be answered by "Rules and Regulations". Im fairly sure MrConway doesnt have those details yet (nor has he an interest to share that information).

Y_O_L_0 #8 Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:35 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19771 battles
  • 906
  • [FUSED] FUSED
  • Member since:
    12-27-2012
MrConway, will the 121b receive some changes? The only thing it has over the standard 121 is +1,5 degrees of gun depression and standard APCR. The +10 mm hull armor is irrelevant, the T-62A hull armor bounces exactly the same shells as the 121, it's not about the armor thickness, it's the angling that bounces the shots, just look at the 113. 121b won't bounce the shots the 113 can.

Pushing_The_Upper_Plate #9 Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:53 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29315 battles
  • 1,587
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    11-22-2012

Each clan is presented with various clan tasks and challenges. Each stage will be followed by a short break, so that clan members can gather their strength for the next stage. The playing area and Front size will be different during each Campaign stage.

 

I think that answers everyone's questions about break between each stage :D



Kam_tu_Bunny #10 Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:32 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 52272 battles
  • 31
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
  • Member since:
    08-02-2012

In the rules and regulationsis stated: 

 

3.1.7. Distribution of prize vehicles:

 Front Number of tanks awarded in clan licenses Number of tanks to be given to individual players Total Vehicles
Campaign  5,000 6,000 11,000

 

 

and below: 

 

3.1.9. Prize vehicles will be added to the accounts of all clan players who joined at least 15 battles as members of that clan, during the Fifth Campaign.

Front  Clan Position  Vehicle  Number of Licenses Number of Vehicles
Campaign 1 - 50 Prize vehicle 1,000

5,000

 

Will it

 

 

Will it be 1000 licenses(some distribution in top 50, meaning 1000 tanks) or 5000 licenses (meaning 0-50 get 100 per clan if >15 battles) ?? 



Y_O_L_0 #11 Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:47 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19771 battles
  • 906
  • [FUSED] FUSED
  • Member since:
    12-27-2012

View PostDutchBunny, on 01 November 2016 - 01:32 PM, said:

 

Will it be 1000 licenses(some distribution in top 50, meaning 1000 tanks) or 5000 licenses (meaning 0-50 get 100 per clan if >15 battles) ?? 

 

Nobody know's, even WG EU doesn't know, they just copied the rules from the WG Russia and then they pasted it to Google Translate.



tajj7 #12 Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:20 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 25411 battles
  • 13,836
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

I'd presume the top 50 clans would get enough licences to give to potentially all 100 players. 

 

So it's 5k licences.

 

Question is whether the left over licences will get fed into the fame points individual pool. 



roastedlemon #13 Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:36 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20057 battles
  • 675
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011
Probably, it's what's happened all previous campaign's

TitusLartius #14 Posted 11 November 2016 - 05:05 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 43826 battles
  • 480
  • [GX] GX
  • Member since:
    05-09-2012
According to WG now you can get banned if you lose a battle, if you camp, if you go right instead of left, if you take set up which is not "proper one", etc, etc. 

Deus_Reborn #15 Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:52 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 11870 battles
  • 594
  • Member since:
    05-13-2013
i think top 50 clans should get 100 licences and if they don't use them all they just go for players ranked by fame points

Gnomus #16 Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:54 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34484 battles
  • 2,029
  • [ASEET] ASEET
  • Member since:
    02-12-2011

View PostKam_tu_Panda, on 12 November 2016 - 10:52 AM, said:

i think top 50 clans should get 100 licences and if they don't use them all they just go for players ranked by fame points

 

Isn't this exactly what is happening?

 

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/cw/cw-fifth-campaign-rules/

 

Quote

3.1.7. Distribution of prize vehicles:

 Front Number of tanks awarded in clan licenses Number of tanks to be given to individual players Total Vehicles
Campaign  5,000 6,000 11,000

3.1.8. Only one tank can be awarded per a clan license. Players who get tanks for clan licenses cannot get the same vehicle for scoring the most in the Alley of Fame.

3.1.9. Prize vehicles will be added to the accounts of all clan players who joined at least 15 battles as members of that clan, during the Fifth Campaign.

Front  Clan Position  Vehicle  Number of Licenses Number of Vehicles
Campaign 1 - 50 Prize vehicle 1,000 5,000

3.1.10 The remaining tanks will be distributed by the Wild Card system among the players who received the highest number of personal Fame Points.

 

Top 50 clans get 5000 tanks, and unused are given as wildcards to players according to personal fame points.

 



Unkel_Dolan #17 Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:00 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 26902 battles
  • 2,694
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN
  • Member since:
    12-14-2010
the map is too small, there should be more landing provinces or more slots in the landings. before even midnight all the 7pm landings were completely full for every map available

Gnomus #18 Posted 17 November 2016 - 03:44 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34484 battles
  • 2,029
  • [ASEET] ASEET
  • Member since:
    02-12-2011

View Postloituma, on 17 November 2016 - 02:00 AM, said:

the map is too small, there should be more landing provinces or more slots in the landings. before even midnight all the 7pm landings were completely full for every map available

 

Yes. 19 CET area is absolutely too small. It's landings are all full long before prime time. On other time zones you can at least find some landings just before closing.

 

I hope WG will alter this. If not in this phase then at least for T8 and T10 phases. 



Unkel_Dolan #19 Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:04 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 26902 battles
  • 2,694
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN
  • Member since:
    12-14-2010

View PostGnomus, on 17 November 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

 

Yes. 19 CET area is absolutely too small. It's landings are all full long before prime time. On other time zones you can at least find some landings just before closing.

 

I hope WG will alter this. If not in this phase then at least for T8 and T10 phases. 

 

I have a bad feeling about this after seeing the tier 8 rules they published today. there will be 390 provinces on the map, compared to 1320 in tier 6 stage. less than 1/3rd, with same amount of slots in landings. but if you had 3 teams in tier 6 stage, you can run 2 teams in tier 8 stage. 2/3rd. it looks like a lot of clans won't even be able to compete. last night my clan started the CW evening at 8pm because the previous day just before midnight it was already impossible to apply for a 7pm landing.



D34DSH0T #20 Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:02 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 67194 battles
  • 441
  • [ORIGN] ORIGN
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

It seems to me there's more landingzones today than in the previous day, can WG confirm/dismiss this?

Also, it seems a bit weird that some provinces that was landingzones yesterday are landingzones again today - this makes planning one day ahead very difficult and it's hard enough to plan as it is with the landings moving randomly around, some being filled the day before while others are not even full at their prime time. Just saying.
But I guess this event will be decided later on anyway, so I am wondering if it was even worth the time playing this tier 6 stage.... Last year we got enough points from the tier 10 stage alone, to win the entire campaign...






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users