Disconnecting after 3 - 4 minutes.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

com__ #1 Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 33241 battles
  • [VKG-] VKG-

Ever since 9.16 I am disconnecting every time. Usually I start a game, then after a few minutes I disconnect. When I rejoin, usually after having been blasted, the connection seems to work for a couple of hours.

I've looked at the patch notes and I'm sure I saw something about a file checker or something that has been introduced. I wonder if some sort of scan is taking place when I load wot and for some reason it disconnects me. 

What I now have to do is stay in the garage until I disconnect, then rejoin. This seems to work for the initial disconnect and I played for a couple of hours yesterday without a second discon.

EltvilleTiger #2 Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17511 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Every 3-4 minutes sounds a lot like something is overheating in your PC.  What are the specs of your PC?  If you suspect a "scan" is going on, what application is causing issues in the background?  Remove all/any mods from WoT, run the game in safe mode and try again.   Post a Ping Plotter graph that shows before and during game action including a disconnect.  With this graph, we might see what is happening on your network.

What would a scanner find in your WoT folders that would kick you from the game?  

com__ #3 Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 33241 battles
  • [VKG-] VKG-

1. I don't have any mods.

2. I've disconnected again after 4 minutes today - I was in the garage and hadn't even played one game ,so my pc is not over heating...

3. This only happens in WoT

4. I will now be able to play for a couple of hours and it won't disconnected again - probably.

Is it an update checker that came with 9.6, that might be an issue - can I just delete that?

Homer_J #4 Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24171 battles

There is an update checker which runs in the system tray if you asked it to. You can disable that from the launcher. 

I doubt it is that though. 

EltvilleTiger #5 Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17511 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Disconnecting.  Is the game crashing or do you get the message that you've been disconnected from the server?  Post a Ping Plotter graph (instructions found on WG's support site) so we can see what is going on from a network perspective.  Also, post specs of your system.

Also tagged with 9.16

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users