Collector's Gem of the Week: VK 45.03

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:45 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Want to expand your tank collection? Make sure you visit the Premium Shop then!

Full news text

Cobra6 #2 Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 14364 battles

Thanks for giving us the option to buy it without useless ballast! That is well appreciated. I lost hope when this morning there was only the package deal available in the store but then 1 hour later suddenly the bare bundle also came on.

This seems to be a very good T7 heavy tank but most importantly, it's the most sexy T7 heavy tank available in this game :teethhappy:

Cobra 6

SlyMeerkat #3 Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11797 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
I will get it at some point but not this time round

ToodleWrath #4 Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:58 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 46410 battles

View PostCobra6, on 25 October 2016 - 10:55 AM, said:

This seems to be a very good T7 heavy tank

Is it really? Aging Jedi did not paint such a rosy picture in this review. I am tempted because I like German tanks, but it would be great if some people here could give me their opinion. It also seems pretty expensive for a Tier VII tank :(

Vedrano #5 Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31485 battles

I have it ant it's ok, T7 is nice, but most battles you get are T8/9 and everybody there pens you from all sides and angles, for a heavy tank it's pretty useless. Only good thing is it makes good credits. Tiger 1 gets 500 DPM more than this one.

Cobra6 #6 Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 14364 battles

View PostToodleWrath, on 25 October 2016 - 10:58 AM, said:

Is it really? Aging Jedi did not paint such a rosy picture in this review. I am tempted because I like German tanks, but it would be great if some people here could give me their opinion. It also seems pretty expensive for a Tier VII tank :(

Well, best gun handling, effective armour for sidescraping if you do it properly, relatively good mobility, nice DPM. The VK4502A gets a lot of undeserved hate and this thing is basically the same tank but a tier lower with better gun handling.

If you compare this thing to for instance the Lowe it's just no competition. Haven't watched AgingJedi's review but if you look at Foch's one and QB's videos they paint quite a different picture.

Cobra 6

ToodleWrath #7 Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 46410 battles
Thanks for the prompt feedback :) . I will take a look a Foch's Review then. I remember QB was quite positive about it, but tbh I don't really trust his judgement too much anymore.

LaManche #8 Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16027 battles
  • [3EGS] 3EGS

View PostToodleWrath, on 25 October 2016 - 11:58 AM, said:

Same, the reason why I haven't bought it yet is because of Aging Jedi review (which is good - there's a balance among the reviewers). QB and SirFoch are saying it's a good tank but I doubt it'd be great for an average player. I have watched a lot of streams where people just up front said they'd rather be in a Tiger I purely due to monster DPM. So I'll most likely pass.

View PostCobra6, on 25 October 2016 - 11:55 AM, said:

Thanks for giving us the option to buy it without useless ballast! That is well appreciated. I lost hope when this morning there was only the package deal available in the store but then 1 hour later suddenly the bare bundle also came on.

This seems to be a very good T7 heavy tank but most importantly, it's the most sexy T7 heavy tank available in this game :teethhappy:

Cobra 6

Most sexy tier VII? I hate the look of it, main reason being the stock Tiger II turret, too many bad memories of it LOL. :D

KLguns #9 Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39869 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Could be nice, but I have payed you enough WG, for a while...

Cobra6 #10 Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 14364 battles

View PostLaManche, on 25 October 2016 - 11:22 AM, said:

QB and SirFoch are saying it's a good tank but I doubt it'd be great for an average player. I have watched a lot of streams where people just up front said they'd rather be in a Tiger I purely due to monster DPM. So I'll most likely pass.

That is the thing, it's not the tanks fault that the person driving it is average :teethhappy:

This tank, in most engagements, is more usable than the Tiger. Sure the tiger has monster DPM but in most engagements that means nothing as they are not DPM fights but Peek-A-Boom engagements. Having more functional armour in these engagements means more.

Cobra 6

wretched_rod #11 Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24424 battles
  • [ELCC] ELCC
Lowe needs some love asap.

Fast as barn (E100 faster) , lousy dpm, and gets tier X all day.

As soon as the engine is down ( first shot it takes) it becames unplayable..

Great as punching bag, but a bit expensive for what it does ingame.

Usually get annoyed when hit by arty, but in this tank its a bless to be put out of my misery..

LaManche #12 Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16027 battles
  • [3EGS] 3EGS

View Postwretched_rod, on 25 October 2016 - 12:40 PM, said:

Lowe needs some love asap.

^+1 

When I think "WoT" the first tank I see in my mind is Lowe. Quite sad it's so meh... the new premiums are much better. Frontal armour buff or a small DPM buff would be nice. 

ybsone #13 Posted 25 October 2016 - 01:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18572 battles
This tank really needs a buff to the frontal armour asap. It should not be weaker than IS/IS-2.

Pete123_2014 #14 Posted 25 October 2016 - 01:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8934 battles
  • [SGTA] SGTA
So I'm in the market for a German heavy crew trainer, the credit making abilities aren't a big issue as I have a few tier 8 prems. So my question is would I be better off to get the vk45.03 instead of the lowe apart from financially?

Suurpolskija #15 Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13715 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

View Postybsone, on 25 October 2016 - 02:30 PM, said:

This tank really needs a buff to the frontal armour asap. It should not be weaker than IS/IS-2.

I don't think it's really weaker than the IS/IS-2. It's a total different gameplay. You don't need to snapshot that much because your gun aims just that fast. It's also way more accurate than IS counterpart and has more pen. It'll go through IS-3's and such with ease without premium rounds and from long range too. You can easily max view range and add to your credit pool.

It's not a traditional brawler and if you get in those engagements, try to make use of the fast-ish reload and super fast aim time. Peek out when enemies are not ready for you, take your shot and leave before IS or such are even fully aimed forcing them to take poorly aimed shots.

For me, it's my favorite premium. It's very versatile, not too sluggish, good gun (which is the most important feature of a premium tank) and the same crew layout as Tiger l and Tiger ll. The armor will bounce some shots but it's not something you should rely on ever. It's also ok even when bottom tier.

wretched_rod #16 Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24424 battles
  • [ELCC] ELCC

View PostPete123_2014, on 25 October 2016 - 01:58 PM, said:

So I'm in the market for a German heavy crew trainer, the credit making abilities aren't a big issue as I have a few tier 8 prems. So my question is would I be better off to get the vk45.03 instead of the lowe apart from financially

Maybe fun factor?

Lowe has none atm.

Easy target for anyone, cant dodge and bounces are rare..

​  And has Black prince speed.  With dead driver or dead engine youre out. 

Its a sad tank imo, strongly advise against  buying it..

Pete123_2014 #17 Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8934 battles
  • [SGTA] SGTA

View Postwretched_rod, on 25 October 2016 - 01:13 PM, said:

Maybe fun factor?

Lowe has none atm.

Easy target for anyone, cant dodge and bounces are rare..

​  And has Black prince speed.  With dead driver or dead engine youre out. 

Its a sad tank imo, strongly advise against  buying it..

Lol, fair enough. I've heard this a lot and I'm quite pleased an alterative has shown up in a rather timely manor. 

I'd take the B2 if it were available though  :p

wsatnutter #18 Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:31 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 22562 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
wallet closed not a chance

SastusBulbas #19 Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:17 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 32469 battles

Bought this today.

Imagine my surprise when I logged in and found it already had camo, and a crew sitting in it. Then I noticed this.

Receipt.
Date: 25/10/2016 14:47:02
Compensation for VK 45.03 gold 7,700
Slots added: 1

I should maybe try and be more awake when I see a tank on sale, I only play on and off these days, though I do log in for some specials and logged in for some sales, but I cant even remember when I originally purchased the damn tank, just assumed it was a new tank and thought yeah that could replace the Lowe.

To be fair I had some problems arise at home and work in May/June/July/August and continuing, but my word my head is goosed.

1st game, cheered me up lol.

Victory
Redshire
VK 45.03
Experience received:4,888   (x2 for the first victory each day)  Credits earned 104,274  
 Battle achievements Top Gun, High Caliber, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Edited by SastusBulbas, 25 October 2016 - 03:32 PM.

Freg0 #20 Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 34722 battles
  • [SIC-1] SIC-1

View PostToodleWrath, on 25 October 2016 - 10:58 AM, said:

Well I do have all 3 marks of excellence on my Tiger 2, so this tank was a must have for me only it's pure look and the 88mm like 3rd most accurate gun in all heavies in-game (the most accurate is Tiger2's).

So all I can say that tank does not have an easy gameplay and it plays very differently in t7, t8 and t9 battles as well.

Tier7* If you want to have a good impact in lower tier, you have to push in first line, ususally, angling efficiently your armor and you will be fine. Large caliber almost guaranteed.

Tier 8* is a sniper/line-pusher sometimes if the situation makes this possible. This tank can do almost impossible snapshots.

Basically I love tier 8 battles with my VK since you have a huge damage potentian in those battles unlike tier 7's when 50% of battles will end in 3-4 minutes and if you choose the wrong side and you are unlucky, you end up with 500 damage.

Tier 9* Well you are a scared little b****r there, you must rely almost 100% to your tank's sniping ability and good penetration with a few gold if needed. Sometimes you will do good, other times awful in tier 9.

All in all this tank is great, sometimes it will generate you magic bounces especially if you know how to angle properly.

*Small little tricks, advices for armor usage..

1*If you are fighting with a tank over a curved road, try to overangle your frontal armor so if the enemy is not a high pen tank he will bounce-fire to your over-angled front only visible from his viewpoint.

2*Same place, you poke your noose slightly, take a shoot at enemy, when you fast pushing back after fire, right after shooting turn your turret slightly more to the direction your turret is turned already. Since in that situation, the enemy is aiming your turret front, when you turn slightly he usually hits the side of your turret causing auto bounce again. Many many times useful in 1vs1. Just like in Tiger 2 in higher tiers.

I got to 92% on moe on my little VK, but I messed up really the last 10-20 battles so I am at 85% again. Hope that will change in the future.

Good luck everyone!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users