The SP 1 C handbook.

Guide Review SP1C

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Wubnut #1 Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:14 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2692 battles

Hello! And welcome to this whatever, i don't know if it's a review or a guide anyways let's get right into it.

Sections

Introduction

- TLDR (for the lazy people)

Equipment

Playstyle(s)

Pros/Cons

Q-A

Introduction

Hello and thank you for reading, welcome to my first guide/review! Please keep this in mind as you read this. 

The SP 1 C is an tier 7 german light tank, it can be described as an very flexible multi tool that can do well in scouting aswell as damage. While not as fast as expected from such a small tank it does pack an immense punch (in the form of an autoloader) capable of chewing a potential of 720 damage with actualy quite good pen, with a 20sec reload. It can also mount (2) single shot cannons better suited for peek-a-boos) People tend to look at the armor (15mm frontaly) and say ''oh! A tier 7 ELC amx'' that is not the case and you should probably be looking at some other tank. Let's continue shall we?

1.2 Description

''The reconnaissance tank destroyer was being developed by Hotchkiss and Klöckner-Humboldt-Deutz companies from 1956 through 1962 in order to increase the anti-tank capability of recon tank battalions. A 90-mm anti-tank gun was planned to be mounted on the new vehicle. The project was eventually declined. The number of prototypes built is unknown.''

TLDR

The SP 1 C while not as agile (58MPH limit) as its counter-parts when played correctly can actualy turn the tide of the battle (sometimes). It can mount an very flexible 90MM auto-loader that can blow 720HP bombs on your oppenents faces (with 3s reload between). It's a small but rather tall tank with good harrasing scouting and damage dealing capabilities. It does not like hills alot and struggles (usually at 15-25 mph) climbing slopes. The gun deppresion is decent (better on the sides and back then front) On flat hard ground is where this tank shines and you can use your backmounted turret to peek around corners. The guns have good penetration and you can pen tier 9 tanks and down reliably. Also the stock grind is very slow but once you got the tracks and the engine you're golden.

EQUIPMENT

1.1 Stock

Now here comes the bad parts, this tank has a very annoying stock grind. You're very slow and your gun takes a while to reload. That's where i'm gonna help you.

1.2 What to research (MODULES)

Start with the tracks that way you can mount everything on the tank and you get better traverse, then proceed to either the engine or the turret i'd go for the engine to make gameplay more fast and fun. Then you can get the next gun or the radio, the gun is not that big of an change other than accuracy and reload time. Then you can stick with the single shot or the auto-loader, whatever suits you playstyle best.

Suitable equipment for this tank (mount according to playstyle) Remember i don't know how YOU play!

• Rammer
  • Vents
  • Optics
  • Vertical stabilizer
  • Binoculars
  • Camo net

PLAYSTYLE(S)

1.1 Scout

Play this when you're the only scout

Play it like any other ligth-tank, spot for your allies and take sneaky shots and maybe go for artillery hunting late game. If you've gotten this far in the tree you probably know the basics.

1.2 Harraser

Recomended to play this when you're not the only scout.

Overall be an annoying little bastartd, peek around corners and over hills. Try taking a shot whenever it's safe to do so, also for the brave ones you can use your rather small profile in-order to set your opponents on reloads dodging shots. You can also be spotting while doing all this. Track your opponents and hit thier weakspots and if you're knowledgeable enough maybe damage thier ammo racks to annoy them even further. If you're low on HP maybe try baiting tanks into your allies field of fire (since the WOT player base can't seem to resist low Hp lights)

1.3 Damage dealer

Play this when you're the highest tier ligh-tank with lower tiered LT's  in your team that can scout.

Play like you would an Medium tank, support your allies. Unload on reloading heavies/td's. Flank and put out as much damage as possible, maybe even spot a little. Just remember you're very weak for HE and can be one-shotted sometimes. There's nothing more satisfying than flanking some brawling heavies and screw them ( ;) ) from thier behind.

PROS/CONS

(FROM WIKI) i'm to lazy

Pros:

• Excellent penetration and damage per shot.
  • Good camo rating and high view range aid in scouting.
  • Decent gun depression.
  • Can use an autoloader.
  •  

Cons:

• -Slow top speed makes it hard to beat enemy scouts to vision control locations.
  • -Tall, and armor is too thin for lucky bounces and is vulnerable to HE.
  • -Light armor and weight make it extremely vulnerable to rams.
  • -Sluggish for a light, similar to the AMX 13 75.
  • -Unusually slow shell speed.

Q-A

This is where i'l put commonly asked questions (if i get any) and thier answers.

Thank you for reading and have an awsome day!

/L

Edited by Wubnut, 01 November 2016 - 01:15 AM.

CeeDee_2 #2 Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15663 battles

Nice review, thank you. I have completed all the modules on the VK 28.01 and am working on the SP1C at the moment so your review is timely.

How do you find the SP1C's camo value to be compared to for example the VK 28.01?

One detail: speeds in World of Tanks are in KPH, not MPH.

Wubnut #3 Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:47 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2692 battles

View Postcdgmpl_2016, on 03 November 2016 - 01:00 PM, said:

Nice review, thank you. I have completed all the modules on the VK 28.01 and am working on the SP1C at the moment so your review is timely.

How do you find the SP1C's camo value to be compared to for example the VK 28.01?

One detail: speeds in World of Tanks are in KPH, not MPH.

Sorry for the late response, you'll find that the SP 1 C is to be somewhat compared with the ELC AMX once agian it camo values are good this makes sneaking up on camping TD's much easier.

konjamiini #4 Posted 25 November 2016 - 03:55 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29239 battles
Gun depression is -10 every direction. I would call it good or excellent. About autoloader, 240 alpha means even one hit is good result. If you can't shoot rest, just pull back and reload, don't get greedy. Never trade for additional shots unless it's end game situation or very important kill shot. Good depression means also you can peak over ridges just showing small turret, poke for a shot and move back, poke quickly again when next round goes into barrel and move back again. This limits your exposure and you can shoot even opponent is looking for you, if you are quick enough. Might not be most accurate way but your hitpoints are more valuable than few missed shots. Playstyle is very amx12t/1375-esque, spic just is every way better.

Hyina #5 Posted 23 December 2016 - 08:12 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 53942 battles
:)

kwolf80 #6 Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:20 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 20421 battles
what gun is better for spc?the autoloader or the single shot..i've seen that the autoloader misses a lot..even from 3 shots with small reticle around 1 or 2 shots are missed..i've switched to single shot becouse the reload time is much better and due to a lot of autoloaders in the game at this tier or close to tier 7 (6-7-8) im forced to defend myself if i do a mistake in this case maybe i'm abushed by rogue tank wile i'm reloading..due to the fact that the tank even with the last engine isn't quite nimble...

Jazzy_Jeff #7 Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18094 battles
  • [-CUTE] -CUTE

View Postkwolf80, on 29 March 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

what gun is better for spc?the autoloader or the single shot..i've seen that the autoloader misses a lot..even from 3 shots with small reticle around 1 or 2 shots are missed..i've switched to single shot becouse the reload time is much better and due to a lot of autoloaders in the game at this tier or close to tier 7 (6-7-8) im forced to defend myself if i do a mistake in this case maybe i'm abushed by rogue tank wile i'm reloading..due to the fact that the tank even with the last engine isn't quite nimble...

I do a lot better with the autoloader, but it gets removed soon, so you don't even have the option.

Also tagged with Guide, Review, SP1C

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users