Jump to content


Fair Play Policy


  • Please log in to reply
1799 replies to this topic

Community #1021 Posted 08 November 2016 - 03:05 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 40,365
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011

*
POPULAR

Cheating players have been an issue for a number of you, and we are strengthening our efforts to address this problem and guarantee a smooth and enjoyable experience for everyone.

Full news text

CmdRatScabies #1022 Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:47 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 39085 battles
  • 6,854
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostTheArk_2014, on 17 November 2016 - 01:38 PM, said:

 

I misguide other readers? Do I really have that power?

OR, you think that the other readers are stupids and they can be misguided by me?

 

Do I look like a moderator/producer/programmer or generally a WG staff member?

Did I ever insist that I belong to the WG staff and my word is rule?

 

Surely NO, so, whatever I write at the WG forums is obvious that it is my opinion and THERE IS NO NEED OF ANY CLARIFICATION FROM ME.

 

You are the one who confuse the meaning of the existence of the forums, you are the one who try to impose your opinion by insulting or trying to shut up the voices of the other forum writers.

 

You are the one who use words like "retard" for me and "stfu" to force me stop writing.

 

You have a habit of posting your opinion as if is something that WG have said.  You are dishonest.

TheArk_2014 #1023 Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:49 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 71079 battles
  • 1,973
  • [_ARK_] _ARK_
  • Member since:
    01-03-2014

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 17 November 2016 - 12:47 PM, said:

You are dishonest.

 

You still insult ppl you don't like.

 

No more answers to you two, you can keep be insulting to me (or to other forum writers), I will not quote/re-post/answer anything posted by you.


Edited by TheArk_2014, 17 November 2016 - 01:57 PM.


janmb #1024 Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:15 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20431 battles
  • 1,599
  • Member since:
    08-08-2014

View PostTheArk_2014, on 17 November 2016 - 01:38 PM, said:

 

I misguide other readers? Do I really have that power?

OR, you think that the other readers are stupids and they can be misguided by me?

 

Unfortunately, both of the above.

You claim certain mods are cheats, despite WG confirming otherwise. Unfortunately, some readers may believe you and act according to your opinions. And that is not at all ok.
 

TheArk_2014 #1025 Posted 17 November 2016 - 03:42 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 71079 battles
  • 1,973
  • [_ARK_] _ARK_
  • Member since:
    01-03-2014

View PostTheArk_2014, on 17 November 2016 - 12:38 PM, said:

 

I misguide other readers? Do I really have that power?

OR, you think that the other readers are stupids and they can be misguided by me?

 

 

View Postjanmb, on 17 November 2016 - 01:15 PM, said:

 

Unfortunately, both of the above.
 

 

Great insult again, this time not on me, this time upon all the readers of this thread, good job, really good job, now they all know what kind of persons you are insulting massively forum readers as stupids.

Troton #1026 Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:02 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26904 battles
  • 576
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostVogon_Jelc, on 16 November 2016 - 07:25 PM, said:

View PostMr_Deo, on 15 November 2016 - 10:50 PM, said:

 

Sometimes mods make things "Easier", not give an advantage.

Your too stubborn to see the difference.

 

Had it not been for XVM would would still have the default single line carousel letting us pick "daily double, mastery, premium" and not letting us remove special event tanks.  Having a good quality carousel makes things "Easier", but it does not give an advantage.

 

I rekon we will see a "clipping" version of auto-aim soon enough in the vanilla client once the devs spot that players like the feature.  Then we will see win rate go up 5 points and overall server wn8 go up by at least 400... Being as OP as it is and all that.

 

Lol I know people who used Tundra, aimbots, fallen objects indicators and all kind off stuff, and they were still 49% win rate wn8 1k (and less) players. Stats come from:

most important Brain, then reflex, and then good internet connection. 

Winrate in random depends almost(!) exclusively on how the teams are put together by WG "matchmaker" in combination with the tanks and maps. The only thing you can do is to make a platoon of good players - this can influence WR a lot (it is 20% less bots in your team guarantied + platoon communication as a bonus). But solo play - especially arties and lights ruins the WR a lot. This is much more visible in last 2 or 3 years than before.


Edited by Troton, 17 November 2016 - 04:03 PM.


Mr_Deo #1027 Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:28 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 50209 battles
  • 2,254
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    01-30-2012

I wonder if anyone will track for bans.

It's not that hard to check for them at the moment.  Players in clans show it on the clan page, but also the "top tanker" event page can show if anyone (in the top 1k) has been removed!

Interesting thing that eh?... It would show how many players getting "good" scores get banned.



Doloresani_2015 #1028 Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:06 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 33412 battles
  • 100
  • [AKMM] AKMM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

View PostKandly, on 08 November 2016 - 06:33 PM, said:

Guys,

 

I know that you have many questions, but it is unlikely we will be able to answer every single one. One of the main reasons we're doing this, besides letting everyone enjoy a fair and clean game, is the fact that we want to avoid people using that information to abuse or bypass the system. For now, the most important thing to take from this is: if a mod changes the functionality of certain in-game features to provide a player with an unfair advantage, it is forbidden. If you have any doubts about a specific mod falling into the forbidden category, our advice is to not take the risk and decide to not install the mod. Installing a mod is up to the player. If the mod looks like it could create problems, it probably will.

 

We are also in the process of reviewing mods currently being advertised on the forum. Please note that mods aren't allowed just because they have a topic on the forum. We will examine and remove topics containing illegal mods, however that is an ongoing task and it will most likely take some time.

 

Be assured that no one will be banned just because another player says so.

 

As for autoaim, our "forbidden" list includes mods that allow players to enable built-in auto-aim/target lock without having the enemy tank highlighted by the crosshair.

 

But that with ammunition premium “gold ammo” whether in the very near future also it at last you will remove?

Is this according to you FairPlay, you are molested modow (cheat they are bad, this I do not lever) but known that the use of such ammunition has significant influence on the course of battle and has significant advantage, this is very unjust how you interpret under itself politics FairPlay



slo_miki #1029 Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:48 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 44538 battles
  • 330
  • [SW0T] SW0T
  • Member since:
    11-20-2013

View PostTofik2000, on 16 November 2016 - 08:58 PM, said:

Yet again. Big words and nothing behind it. We are at 2nd day of Campagain. Already met: A clan with hitmarkers, clan with autobot+autoaim, clan with entity break.

No word about bans. If this is what You think fair play is then "congratulations".

Im not calling all clans "hackers and cheaters", but if u get 3 hits without "lihgtbulb" on second corner of the map because U broke a fence is smeels hacks.

If u got hit (ping 20) before tank is visible from 100m directly in topmost pixel of ur turret from mooving tank to mooving tank ... 10 times in a row ...smeels autobot+autoaim.

 

I would like this game to be Player vs PLayer not Player vs Bots because it's just like that now.

 

WG if You really want to things to be fair then force people to remove res_mods. At least at events like that. ESL work that way from very beggining and noone cry about it.

 

Yes ESL work fine  WG  dont want to remove becouse  many clans  no more on high level then  will be fall down  without cheat mods they  not so good in game and cant win any part more they protect this cheat clans its shame i hope  9.17 change that if not i spend no more money for WG

 



Ozgen3 #1030 Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:24 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 35658 battles
  • 263
  • Member since:
    02-11-2014
I also still meet the same problem that a spotted enemy moving behind an obstacle gets suddenly invisible (lost spot) while clearing from obstacle and only invisible for open sight. Just after getting behind another obstacle it becomes spotted again with red sign over it. I dont think this is a cheat but a flaw (or intentionally) in WOT programming. I always wonder if I  have such a ghost perk in game.

L3gionaire #1031 Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:26 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Moderator
  • 34459 battles
  • 1,547
  • [S-R-R] S-R-R
  • Member since:
    03-09-2014

Hey guys.

Be aware that Aslain re-added some of the questionable mods.

And their argument is a post from Asian forums (http://forum.worldof...ay-policy-faqs/).

One of their admin posted some things there. Some of them clearly give advantages from vanilla client:

 

That's the post from Aslain's website (http://aslain.com/in...review/&page=23):

 

9.16 #44 (17-11-2016):
- updated XVM to v6.4.9.1
- updated Expected Tank Values v28 (17.11.2016) in all mods using them (execpt for XVM)
- updated session stats Yasen Krasen
- re-added Minimap Tankview Directions
- re-added BalCalcMod (balistic calculation helper)
- re-added Spotted vehicle direction on aim circle
- re-added Marked indestructible structures
- re-added ATAC! (enemy in proximity 100m warning)
- fixed warning window for installation to folder without WoT [thanks to BegiN]
- Please take a note that I'm in contact with WG, so I've confirmed and clarified mods I'm adding/removing due to Fair Play Policy - it's not my own interprepation but WG's. Remember that the Fair Play Policy is Global, there is no longer different mods allowed on different regions. Still waiting for few mods to clarify. I recommend this lecture too: http://forum.worldof...ay-policy-faqs/

 



Aslain #1032 Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:30 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Community Contributor
  • 14600 battles
  • 14,229
  • Member since:
    07-20-2010

View PostL3gionaire, on 18 November 2016 - 12:26 PM, said:

Hey guys.

Be aware that Aslain re-added some of the questionable mods.

And their argument is a post from Asian forums (http://forum.worldof...ay-policy-faqs/).

One of their admin posted some things there. Some of them clearly give advantages from vanilla client:

 

That's the post from Aslain's website (http://aslain.com/in...review/&page=23):

 

9.16 #44 (17-11-2016):
- updated XVM to v6.4.9.1
- updated Expected Tank Values v28 (17.11.2016) in all mods using them (execpt for XVM)
- updated session stats Yasen Krasen
- re-added Minimap Tankview Directions
- re-added BalCalcMod (balistic calculation helper)
- re-added Spotted vehicle direction on aim circle
- re-added Marked indestructible structures
- re-added ATAC! (enemy in proximity 100m warning)
- fixed warning window for installation to folder without WoT [thanks to BegiN]
- Please take a note that I'm in contact with WG, so I've confirmed and clarified mods I'm adding/removing due to Fair Play Policy - it's not my own interprepation but WG's. Remember that the Fair Play Policy is Global, there is no longer different mods allowed on different regions. Still waiting for few mods to clarify. I recommend this lecture too: http://forum.worldof...ay-policy-faqs/

 

 

ASIA/NA/EU... no matter where, we have SAME RULES. I also contacted WG-EU and asked similar questions and receivied THE SAME answers.

 

End of story.


Edited by Aslain, 18 November 2016 - 12:39 PM.


TheArk_2014 #1033 Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:47 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 71079 battles
  • 1,973
  • [_ARK_] _ARK_
  • Member since:
    01-03-2014

http://forum.worldof...ay-policy-faqs/ (NOTE: This Is the Asian Forum)

 

It needs only one lats clarification at the "Zoom Out Mods", they must HAVE NOT the ability to lock targets which are unlock-able by the normal view(s) of the game. With the normal view the players cannot lock targets covered by objects (stone fences, buildings, hills, etc.), so, the Zoom Out ability must not provide this function (locking Targets).

 

If the "Zoom Out Mod" user has this ability (to lock targets), he clearly has an advantage vs the players who do not use this mod.


Edited by TheArk_2014, 18 November 2016 - 02:41 PM.


CmdRatScabies #1034 Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:51 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 39085 battles
  • 6,854
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostTheArk_2014, on 18 November 2016 - 12:47 PM, said:

Only one lats clarification at the "Zoom Out Mods", they must HAVE NOT the ability to lock targets which are unlock-able by the normal view(s) of the game.

 

Where does it say that?  All I've seen is that it must be highlighted by the reticle - no distinction between arcade & sniper view & degree of zoom in/out that I've seen.

L3gionaire #1035 Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:13 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Moderator
  • 34459 battles
  • 1,547
  • [S-R-R] S-R-R
  • Member since:
    03-09-2014

View PostAslain, on 18 November 2016 - 01:30 PM, said:

 

ASIA/NA/EU... no matter where, we have SAME RULES. I also contacted WG-EU and asked similar questions and receivied THE SAME answers.

 

End of story.

 

I beleive you did, otherwise you wouldn't have them back.

 



TheArk_2014 #1036 Posted 18 November 2016 - 04:22 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 71079 battles
  • 1,973
  • [_ARK_] _ARK_
  • Member since:
    01-03-2014

I think that the new policy started to have results, I don't know if WG started the bans, but the last couple of days I noticed that the shoot/hit ratio of the players have reduced dramatically. With some exceptions the most of the players have a hit ratio no more than 75% (in the battles I played).

 

Maybe it is coincidence, but I no longer see some 40/40 shoot/hits ratios (they are rare now).

 

Yes, I (almost always) check the battle's log for the hit ratios of some good (or "good", if you like) players.


Edited by TheArk_2014, 18 November 2016 - 04:52 PM.


Mr_Deo #1037 Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:00 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 50209 battles
  • 2,254
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    01-30-2012

View PostTheArk_2014, on 18 November 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

http://forum.worldof...ay-policy-faqs/ (NOTE: This Is the Asian Forum)

 

It needs only one lats clarification at the "Zoom Out Mods", they must HAVE NOT the ability to lock targets which are unlock-able by the normal view(s) of the game. With the normal view the players cannot lock targets covered by objects (stone fences, buildings, hills, etc.), so, the Zoom Out ability must not provide this function (locking Targets).

 

If the "Zoom Out Mod" user has this ability (to lock targets), he clearly has an advantage vs the players who do not use this mod.

 

I have never seen anyone go so negative against auto-aim...

You must really feel it's a serious threat?

 

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 18 November 2016 - 11:51 AM, said:

 

Where does it say that?  All I've seen is that it must be highlighted by the reticle - no distinction between arcade & sniper view & degree of zoom in/out that I've seen.

 

it doesn't say that.  He says that.  Some tanks can zoom out slightly more than others anyhow, so as such players playing those tanks should be banned too I guess.

The "Must be highlighted" bit is just lame... WG started by saying you must be pointed "at" the tank, and AA+ Snapping required you to "generally" be pointing towards the tank.

"snapping_angle_degrees": 7.5.. <--

Ark probably stole some candy from a toddler once, when the parents got mad about it he said that the child's finger was pointing more towards the tree next to him, thus it was not him.

 

View PostTheArk_2014, on 18 November 2016 - 03:22 PM, said:

I think that the new policy started to have results, I don't know if WG started the bans but the last couple of days I noticed that the shoot/hit ratio of the players have reduced dramatically. With some exceptions the most of the players have a hit ratio no more than 75% (in the battles I played).

 

Maybe it is coincidence, but I no longer see some 40/40 shoot/hits ratios (they are rare now).

 

Yes, I (almost always) check the battle's log for the hit ratios of some good (or "good", if you like) players.

 

WG has not started banning anyone.

And I dare say that "Removing" things like AA+ will see hit rates go UP.

AimBots have been against the rules since the start, WG saying they are cracking down on *mods* is not going to stop AimBot users... Those 40/40 guys before are still going to be 40/40 guys, be it bot or skill.

The 25/40 guys might now become 28/35 guys tho, as no AA Snapping might mean they wait and do less leeroy jenkins gameplay.


Edited by Mr_Deo, 18 November 2016 - 05:01 PM.


Kandly #1038 Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:21 PM

    Player

  • Player
  • 1020 battles
  • 808
  • Member since:
    08-23-2016

View PostL3gionaire, on 18 November 2016 - 11:26 AM, said:

Hey guys.

Be aware that Aslain re-added some of the questionable mods.

And their argument is a post from Asian forums (http://forum.worldof...ay-policy-faqs/).

One of their admin posted some things there. Some of them clearly give advantages from vanilla client:

 

That's the post from Aslain's website (http://aslain.com/in...review/&page=23):

 

9.16 #44 (17-11-2016):
- updated XVM to v6.4.9.1
- updated Expected Tank Values v28 (17.11.2016) in all mods using them (execpt for XVM)
- updated session stats Yasen Krasen
- re-added Minimap Tankview Directions
- re-added BalCalcMod (balistic calculation helper)
- re-added Spotted vehicle direction on aim circle
- re-added Marked indestructible structures
- re-added ATAC! (enemy in proximity 100m warning)
- fixed warning window for installation to folder without WoT [thanks to BegiN]
- Please take a note that I'm in contact with WG, so I've confirmed and clarified mods I'm adding/removing due to Fair Play Policy - it's not my own interprepation but WG's. Remember that the Fair Play Policy is Global, there is no longer different mods allowed on different regions. Still waiting for few mods to clarify. I recommend this lecture too: http://forum.worldof...ay-policy-faqs/

 

 

Hi guys,

 

I can confirm that all regions have the same rules and that these are the mods we are currently approving:

 

  • HP Pools - adds information about HP of the tanks (ally and enemy) as last seen by the player
  • Battle Assistant: provides alternative view for SPGs
  • Extended 6th sense sound duration, e.g. prolonged to 10 seconds.
  • White dead tanks: makes destroyed tanks more visible by making them totally white
  • Modifications to objects to make them more visible, like bright yellow trains, etc.
  • Zoom out mods
  • Enemy gun indicators on the minimap: shows direction where enemies within the draw distance are pointing their guns (on the minimap)
  • Fog removal
  • Sound mods
  • Effect mods: changing how explosions look like, removing smoke, etc.
  • Server-side reticle: secondary aiming point that corresponds to where your tank is aiming on server side
  • Damage indicator mods: OK as long as these don't show the enemy reload time
  • Reload time indicator (approximate with no countdown)
  • Clown skins and skins that show locations of crew and modules
  • In-game penetration indicator mods
  • Extending both the sound and icon visibility duration of 6th sense
  • Received hit indicators

 

If you have any other questions, please let me know!



TheArk_2014 #1039 Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:24 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 71079 battles
  • 1,973
  • [_ARK_] _ARK_
  • Member since:
    01-03-2014

View PostMr_Deo, on 18 November 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

 

1) I have never seen anyone go so negative against auto-aim...

You must really feel it's a serious threat?

 

 

2) He says that.  Some tanks can zoom out slightly more than others anyhow, so as such players playing those tanks should be banned too I guess.

 

1) I mostly play with light tanks (tier V,VI,VII), one hit snacks for almost all other tanks (even for some other lights), their ability to survive is based ONLY on their small size & high speed/maneuverability and it is too hard to point at them/see their silhouette/lock them/kill them. Anything that makes this point/see/lock/kill line easier to the other tankers is a thread for me (and for all other tankers who do not use mods).

 

2) All I want to say is that the "Zoom Out" mods MUST NOT give the opportunity to lock targets which otherwise (without the mod) IT IS NOT possible to be locked. In short, the "Zoom Out" mods must work like the artillery view, artilleries cannot lock targets when they use the "Artillery View".


Edited by TheArk_2014, 18 November 2016 - 05:39 PM.


janmb #1040 Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:33 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20431 battles
  • 1,599
  • Member since:
    08-08-2014

View PostMr_Deo, on 17 November 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

I wonder if anyone will track for bans.

It's not that hard to check for them at the moment.  Players in clans show it on the clan page, but also the "top tanker" event page can show if anyone (in the top 1k) has been removed!

Interesting thing that eh?... It would show how many players getting "good" scores get banned.

 

You would find a lot more bad/mediocre people getting banned than good ones. If anyone got banned at all. Fortunately, that seems to not be the case.

janmb #1041 Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:37 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20431 battles
  • 1,599
  • Member since:
    08-08-2014

View PostTheArk_2014, on 18 November 2016 - 05:24 PM, said:

 

1) I mostly play with light tanks (tier V,VI,VII), one hit snacks for almost all other tanks (even for some other lights), their ability to survive is based ONLY on their small size & high speed/maneuverability and it is too hard to point at them/see their silhouette/lock them/kill them. Anything that makes this point/see/lock/kill line easier to the other tankers is a thread for me (and for all other tankers who do not use mods).

 

2) All I want to say is that the "Zoom Out" mods MUST NOT give the opportunity to lock targets which otherwise (without the mod) can be NOT possible to be locked. In short, the "Zoom Out" mods must work like the artillery view, artilleries cannot lock targets when they use the "Artillery View".

 

1: Light tanks is the class LEAST affected by others using autoaim against you. Any other tank class in the game is more subject to being autoaimed than you. Furthermore, you also play the single class having the most benefit of using autoaim yourself. In short, your argumentation is 100% backward.

 

2: WG has very clearly approved zoom out mods. And one of the things zoom out mods allow you to do is to maneuver the camera to lock on targets that you would otherwise not have los on. Deal with it.

 

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users