• Please log in to reply
1798 replies to this topic

Jumping_Turtle #61 Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 66864 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostUcANteKMe42, on 08 November 2016 - 04:02 PM, said:

autoaim+ it doesnt do "aim at the enemy's weak spots and/or lead the aim automatically" 

But it does provide more functionalitiy so the answer isnt that hard in my humble opinion.

Tuumi #62 Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 41576 battles
  • [FRNG] FRNG

View PostFunByAccident, on 08 November 2016 - 02:59 PM, said:

This article is another nice clickbait from WG... Good intentions, bad execution. Also fair play? WG is allowed to ban you without giving evidence... Lovely. 

Very lovely, I truly wish any judicical bodies in countries and elsewhere would take a note and implement this. Would ease up incarcerating criminals if you wouldnt need to present any evidence to convict them. :-)

StronkiTonki #63 Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 33309 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

What about a mod that tells you on screen, if the enemy you are aiming at, will spot you if you'd shoot.

Meaning that it automatically calculates your camo value and the enemy's view range and the camo value reduction you would get if you'd shoot, and if that would cause the enemy to spot you or not.

Saw it online, and people had mixed opinions about it.

Jumping_Turtle #64 Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 66864 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostUlicum, on 08 November 2016 - 04:06 PM, said:

Aim+, Team HP bar, Zoomout?

forbidden, debatable, forbidden is my guess.

Xcr #65 Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:09 PM

El Contributor 2.0

• Community Contributor
  • 57581 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostFunByAccident, on 08 November 2016 - 03:59 PM, said:

AutoAim+ does not change the way the auto aim lock works, that is the whole point. And if it is illegal to change the way you activate autoaim, you should ban zoom out mods as well as they give you options to look different at the battlefield and enable you to activate autoaim much easier. 

This article is another nice clickbait from WG... Good intentions, bad execution. Also fair play? WG is allowed to ban you without giving evidence... Lovely. 

Lest sumarize:

1. Mods that do provide a gameplay advantage, one that we think is bad overall for the game. These are classified as a cheat and are illegal going forward.

Auto Aim in vanilla game:

- Need to have line of sight

- Need to be pointing at the tank

AutoAim+

- No need of line of sight

- No need of pointing at the tank

- No need of the tank even being on the screen to be able to lock...:facepalm:

Breaking the vanilla basic mechanics and still thinking that autoaim+ will be a 2nd class mod instead of a 3rd (cheat)?

• Auto-aim or so-called “aimbots” that provide more functionality than the “aim lock” in the vanilla client, specifically including those that aim at the enemy's weak spots and/or lead the aim automatically so that a cheater can focus on maneuvering their tank
  •  

So basically you can go bumping on the field with your BC, russian med, light tank and without any kind of skill autoaim on the enemy and start spaming shoots?

I think its pretty clear, or maybe my english is so f**** bad....

GL&HF

Gremlin182 #66 Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:10 PM

General

• Player
  • 54841 battles

View PostKandly, on 08 November 2016 - 03:14 PM, said:

Hi pmakins,

If the mod provides more functionality than the “aim lock” in the vanilla client, specifically including those that aim at the enemy's weak spots and/or lead the aim automatically, yes. :)

Kandly

Autoaim + lets you right click near the enemy tank and indeed sometimes locks the wrong tank if they are close to each other.

It can enable a lock through a building, I don't believe this was intended but with such a mod its probably unavoidable.

In no way does it otherwise alter the autoaim it aims exactly at the same spot standard autoaim does, its advantage is purely ease of aquiring autoaim.

Asuschrist #67 Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44288 battles
  • [TOXIC] TOXIC

Morgan_the_Reaper #68 Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 78268 battles
  • [EFE-S] EFE-S

View PostStronkiTonki, on 08 November 2016 - 03:09 PM, said:

What about a mod that tells you on screen, if the enemy you are aiming at, will spot you if you'd shoot.

Meaning that it automatically calculates your camo value and the enemy's view range and the camo value reduction you would get if you'd shoot, and if that would cause the enemy to spot you or not.

Saw it online, and people had mixed opinions about it.

also saw it and many unicums now afraid that the mod they pay for real money to many ebay modders now for free online and this is funny they feeling robbed

Less_Than_Three #69 Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:12 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 42632 battles

View PostXcr, on 08 November 2016 - 04:09 PM, said:

Lest sumarize:

1. Mods that do provide a gameplay advantage, one that we think is bad overall for the game. These are classified as a cheat and are illegal going forward.

Auto Aim in vanilla game:

- Need to have line of sight

- Need to be pointing at the tank

AutoAim+

- No need of line of sight

- No need of pointing at the tank

- No need of the tank even being on the screen to be able to lock...:facepalm:

Breaking the vanilla basic mechanics and still thinking that autoaim+ will be a 2nd class mod instead of a 3rd (cheat)?

• Auto-aim or so-called “aimbots” that provide more functionality than the “aim lock” in the vanilla client, specifically including those that aim at the enemy's weak spots and/or lead the aim automatically so that a cheater can focus on maneuvering their tank
  •  

So basically you can go bumping on the field with your BC, russian med, light tank and without any kind of skill autoaim on the enemy and start spaming shoots?

I think its pretty clear, or maybe my english is so f**** bad....

GL&HF

Cool, so battle assistant, zoom out mods, half of the XVM functions and many more will be banned as well? How about cosmetics that provide information about tanks and module/crew locations?

SlyMeerkat #70 Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:12 PM

Major

• Player
  • 17977 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

View PostDomstadtkerl, on 08 November 2016 - 02:10 PM, said:

Now remove arta and you might actually have a decent game after 5 years.

I see nothing wrong with arty IMO

Edited by SlyMeerkat, 08 November 2016 - 04:13 PM.

Wot_in_2k19 #71 Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 46348 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND
after 5 years hahahaha... this game is already broken any way +1 for initiative  

SlyMeerkat #72 Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:14 PM

Major

• Player
  • 17977 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
How about getting rid of Mods that people add to this game for good, that would make it fair play

Scanmen #73 Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23387 battles

View PostMarty, on 08 November 2016 - 04:01 PM, said:

Why isn't XVM in banned list mods, it has no positive contribution to the game itself 

View PostMyth_of_Phoenix, on 08 November 2016 - 04:06 PM, said:

ban also xvm and everything is fine!

"Modifications that alert you when spotted vehicles are reloading or show enemy vehicles’ reloading timers"

XVM has enemy reload counter, so is finally prohibited... :trollface: :trollface: :trollface:

Edited by Scanmen, 08 November 2016 - 04:16 PM.

Asuschrist #74 Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44288 battles
  • [TOXIC] TOXIC

View PostFunByAccident, on 08 November 2016 - 04:12 PM, said:

Cool, so battle assistant, zoom out mods, half of the XVM functions and many more will be banned as well? How about cosmetics that provide information about tanks and module/crew locations?

I'm nearly 100% sure that the mods you mentioned are legit.

Battle assistant received Wargaming award for the best mod or something.

Edited by Asuschrist, 08 November 2016 - 04:16 PM.

God0fwar300 #75 Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22310 battles
  • [R3BEL] R3BEL

Five years man five years!! 

Please, no more xvm focusing arty players. Or limit arty to max 1 in random battles.

I am so hyped for this news, this gave me some hope, WarGaming is heading in the right direction after all?

_Only_Schiller_ #76 Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5156 battles
  • [4K1LL] 4K1LL

Myxomor.gif 

Edited by _Only_Schiller_, 08 November 2016 - 04:21 PM.

Asuschrist #77 Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44288 battles
  • [TOXIC] TOXIC

View PostScanmen, on 08 November 2016 - 04:15 PM, said:

"Modifications that alert you when spotted vehicles are reloading or show enemy vehicles’ reloading timers"

XVM has enemy reload counter, so is finally prohibited... :trollface: :trollface: :trollface:

Are you sure that the Vanilla XVM has the reload counter?

Or it was the some modpack that included XVM and few other mods?

Klavertje007 #78 Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 113126 battles
  • [DPG1] DPG1

Nice, WG, but you still havent addressed the REAL problem of the game.... the grossly imbalanced match making.... Just as a refresher my opinion...

1. Stop bumping up heavies 1 or 2 tiers. Heavies are suppose to lead an attack, take a hit and deal damage…. Unless you are top tier, it doesn’t work.
  2. Make gold ammo as it was…. Only payable with gold…. So people start to think again when using it and more skilled players are not shot to death by a noob with a credit card because their arrmor has become useless.
  3. Take care of at least some balanced MM. It isn’t just frustrating, it feels criminal if 5 unicums are in the other team.
  4. Stop putting all kinds of sound gimmicks in the game. The name of the game is World of Tanks, not The Sound of Music…..
  5. The same goes for birds and thunder…
  6. Make arty as it should be…. Only de-tracking and destroying periscopes and antennas etc…. not doing +1500 damage in tier x…. NOT REALISTIC!
  7. If entering a battle, let players decide what kind of equipment and consumables they want to use…. Like in a real battle you prepare yourself for the occasion. If going into a city, you don’t need binoculars or camouflage, but gun rammers and fans…. Maybe you decide to leave the fire extinguisher but take chocolate or something like that.
  8. Delete Mines from the game…. It is a mickey mouse map from tier 4 on. In general that goes for all the corridor maps; Abbey, Mountain Pass, etc…
  9. Reinstall the real players maps:
    1. Dragon Ridge
    2. Severogorsk (the last version)
    3. Komarin (the last version)
    4. South Coast
    5. North West (the last version)
    6. Pearl River (the last version)
    7. Harbour
  10. Stop punishing players that leave the game at the start: It is WG that should be punished for not matching a game that is challenging for them or if RNG decides that you are punished with criminal high arty hits while not being able to do any damage…. Or just the wrong tank in the wrong line-up at the wrong map in the wrong tier…
  11. Stop putting more than 3 arties in one team…. I don’t play these games at all. I just park my tank and go AFK anyway. After all I want to play World of Tanks, not World of Arties….
  12. “Cut the cutting…” stop removing all kinds of cover for lights and TD’s to “improve” maps…

Xcr #79 Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:19 PM

El Contributor 2.0

• Community Contributor
  • 57581 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostFunByAccident, on 08 November 2016 - 04:12 PM, said:

Battle Assistant, clearly in the second category, won a WG mod competition, WoWs aim its based on it and WoT developers have told several times that they will introduce it on WoT in the future...

Zoom out mods, for me is a yes, personal opinion, by the list they give, seems not

Half of XVM functions? name them, we can discuss

Many more? 

For me the most hard to define mod its the HP pool bars for example, a thing that vanilla dont tell you, but the mod only calculates in your render range... so basically if you are and human calculator you can know... for the rest clearly impossible...

GL&HF

Edited by Xcr, 08 November 2016 - 04:20 PM.

crnakoza #80 Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 59173 battles

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 08 November 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

But it does provide more functionalitiy so the answer isnt that hard in my humble opinion.

Nope, it is vanilla autoaim with modified target acquiring capabilities. One could argue that this gives the advantage, but then again, so does XVM, and bunch of other mods. Point being, are those advantages game breaking? You can't seriously compare something as destroyed objects mod with aim+.

Now this is step in right direction but there is obviously still some confusion. So I propose something else, instead of trying to provide exhaustive list of all the crap that is forbidden, which is very difficult to maintain, I propose maintaining a list of things that are allowed. Or at least make a clear stance towards mods that have their own topics on this forum, that would be very helpful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users