List of Mods (Still Allowed and Forbidden)

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

Stig_Stigma #1 Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14372 battles
  • [DOCTR] DOCTR

I did some research about the mods being available out there, and this is what I discovered.  I hope it might be helpful for starting a constuctive discussion.

In red those that are obvious cheats and thus forbidden. (The colors are based on what WG said in their Fair Play communication, although I personally consider great part of the mods in yellow/orange as cheats.)

[Obvious cheat category - according to WG].  3. Mods that do provide a gameplay advantage, one that we think is bad overall for the game. These are classified as a cheat and are illegal going forward.

• [a] Mods that reveal the position of enemies in a way not included in the vanilla client, by marking objects destroyed on the map and minimap in real-time, by altering the display of shell flight tracers or calculating the position of enemy SPGs with tracers and marking them, as well as those that keep spotted vehicles displayed, even when you aren’t aiming at them
  • [b] Software that makes it easier to block an enemy’s shell by indicating their exact aiming point, for example, with a laser beam
  • [c] Modifications that alert you when spotted vehicles are reloading or show enemy vehicles’ reloading timers
  • [d] Auto-aim or so-called “aimbots” that provide more functionality than the “aim lock” in the vanilla client, specifically including those that aim at the enemy's weak spots and/or lead the aim automatically so that a cheater can focus on maneuvering their tank
  • [e] Software that enables the automatic use of non-Premium consumables
  • [f] Mods that aid in finding enemies by letting you adjust the transparency of objects on the map
  • [g] Software that leaves “ghosts” of enemy vehicles on the battlefield, placed where they were last detected
  • [i] Mods that actually alter the physical properties, performance characteristics, or effects of any vehicle or object in the game, or subvert the game rules

* Different versions from different authors

• Destroyed Objects on the Minimap * 
  • Aimbots/Autoaimbots *
  • Laserpointers/Lazers [Shows you where the enemy team is aiming in real time with different lazer colours for every tank.] *
  • Tracers [Allows you to see the trajectory of shells fired from tanks - I suppose this is used to find where campers are hiding] *
  • Translocation Modification [I don't understand what this is able to do] 
  • Sphere/Column Outside Rendering *
  • Reload Timers Modifications *
  • Zoom Out Modifications  (A source -link- says it's 0k to use.)
  • X- Ray Modifications [Allowing you to see the tank silhouette despite the tank being behind an object/building/mountain] *
  • Premium Consumable AutoEquipment [Gives you premium fire extinguisher automatically]
  • Transparency Alteration Mods/Tundra Script [Making possible to alter the transparency of vegetation] *
  • Fog Remover Modification [Removes fog in the maps where it is present] (A source -link- says it's 0k to use.)
  • White dead tanks: makes destroyed tanks more visible by making them totally white* (A source -link- says it's 0k to use.)
  • Master Ambush [New Cheat that calculates different parameters and basically tells you if it's ok to shoot behind a bush without being spotted by the enemy]  
  • Live Player Stats (with or without other parts of XVM) *
  • Arty (battle) Assistant 
  • SafeShoot (0k to use - link)
  • HP Pools - adds information about HP of the tanks (ally and enemy) as last seen by the player
  • Extended 6th sense sound duration, e.g. prolonged to 10 seconds.
  • Modifications to objects to make them more visible, like bright yellow trains, etc. (Link)
  • Enemy gun indicators on the minimap: shows direction where enemies within the draw distance are pointing their guns (on the minimap) (Link)
  • Sound mods
  • Effect mods: changing how explosions look like, removing smoke, etc.
  • Server-side reticle: secondary aiming point that corresponds to where your tank is aiming on server side
  • Damage indicator mods: OK as long as these don't show the enemy reload time
  • Reload time indicator (approximate with no countdown) (Link)
  • Clown skins and skins that show locations of crew and modules (Link)
  • In-game penetration indicator mods (Link)
  • Extending both the sound and icon visibility duration of 6th sense (Link)
  • Received hit indicators (Link)

Block Quote

Not forbidden for now, but may change in the future:

• Mods that reveal players' additional equipment.
  • Indicators pointing in the direction of currently spotted enemy tanks outside of actual field of view (ie. not shown on the player screen), with names and distance. [edit] This is only legal if there's only one arrow pointing to the nearest enemy tank.
  • In-battle camouflage rating calculators

Source

[Disclaimer: I'm not writing or speaking on behalf of WG]

This colour red text is reserved for Wg staff only.

Edited by Stig_Stigma, 05 December 2016 - 03:29 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. Neilloss46

Stig_Stigma #2 Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14372 battles
  • [DOCTR] DOCTR
Someone Suggested to me that Translocation Mod puts a sphere on the exact position of an enemy vehicle when he shoots despite him being unspotted. 

Pvt_Duffer #3 Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:55 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16667 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Red text is reserved for forum mods, an alternative colour would better suit you if you want to keep the thread alive.

Xeideo #4 Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 37713 battles

Target/Enemy Direction Indicators its safe. I ask the WG Support and they tell me there is no ban for it because it only show the same think you can see on Minimap.

//Edit: I miss that "Somethink was hit" mod on WG's Ban list. This cant be legit.

Edited by Xeideo, 10 November 2016 - 04:16 PM.

Stig_Stigma #5 Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14372 battles
  • [DOCTR] DOCTR

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 10 November 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

Red text is reserved for forum mods, an alternative colour would better suit you if you want to keep the thread alive.

Are you a forum moderator? 

bubs79 #6 Posted 10 November 2016 - 06:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16501 battles

View PostStig_Stigma, on 10 November 2016 - 05:49 PM, said:

are u an official representive of wg??

there is no list of forbidden mods yet u have made up a list .

there has been no clarification of the fog  removal mod being forbidden so the info you r providing is false , maybe get actual facts before making a post of listed mods

Stig_Stigma #7 Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14372 battles
  • [DOCTR] DOCTR

View Postbubs79, on 10 November 2016 - 06:22 PM, said:

are u an official representive of wg??

there is no list of forbidden mods yet u have made up a list .

there has been no clarification of the fog  removal mod being forbidden so the info you r providing is false , maybe get actual facts before making a post of listed mods

I didn't claim to be a representative,.I just gave my opinion, and made a resume of the forbidden mods according to WG criteria... I have the freedom to post content in this forum as do other people who have things to say...

Deal with it! :D

Yes there is a list of forbidden (types of) mods, with very detailed specifics of what constitutes a cheat. The criteria (point 3. in my post) is from the Fair Play postWG published some days ago... 

Fog removal is a CHEAT, as per the criteria published by WG: 

• [f] Mods that aid in finding enemies by letting you adjust the transparency of objects on the map 
I predict that your childish persona will now claim that fog is not an "object" or that by removing the fog on certain maps it doesn't really give cheaters an advantage... But any rational person knows that to be false...

Edited by Stig_Stigma, 10 November 2016 - 09:18 PM.

Pvt_Duffer #8 Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:09 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16667 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostStig_Stigma, on 10 November 2016 - 04:49 PM, said:

nope, but you got off lightly.

Stig_Stigma #9 Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14372 battles
  • [DOCTR] DOCTR

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 11 November 2016 - 02:09 AM, said:

nope, but you got off lightly.

​You are projecting. :)

Strappster #10 Posted 11 November 2016 - 05:48 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25989 battles

View PostXeideo, on 10 November 2016 - 03:13 PM, said:

Target/Enemy Direction Indicators its safe. I ask the WG Support and they tell me there is no ban for it because it only show the same think you can see on Minimap.

Do you mean the damage received indicators added in the last patch or mods which show the direction a tank's turret is facing on the minimap? The second has never been part of the vanilla client and I'd interested to know more.

View PostStig_Stigma, on 11 November 2016 - 01:57 AM, said:

He was trying to help you. Check your original post and you'll see that it's been edited by a moderator. People have received forum suspensions for posting bright red text - it's reserved for moderators so that it's clear when a mod has edited a post.

Pvt_Duffer #11 Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:14 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16667 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostStig_Stigma, on 11 November 2016 - 01:57 AM, said:

Yes, I am training to be sports presenter so that I may one day wake up as David Icke and then become son of dog.

ZaknafeinAK47 #12 Posted 11 November 2016 - 05:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12526 battles

I see a few issues with your list.

1. Zoom out mods are quite clearly banned, as extending the zoom out distance allows you to see behind objects that you would otherwise be unable to see behind, so should be in red.

2. Fog removal, haven't found anything from an official WG source for it, so it's clearly your opinion, you should indicate that with the appropriate color from your color scheme, ie yellow not red.

3. Tank skins with hit zones / White Death skins, banned as far as I know and have been for a while on US and SEA servers I believe, so should be in red.

4. Live player stats, perfectly fine, there is nothing in the Fair Play Policy to even remotely imply that part of XVM is banned, so should be in green.

Xeideo #13 Posted 11 November 2016 - 06:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 37713 battles

View PostStrappster, on 11 November 2016 - 04:48 AM, said:

Do you mean the damage received indicators added in the last patch or mods which show the direction a tank's turret is facing on the minimap? The second has never been part of the vanilla client and I'd interested to know more.

If you google "wot Target/Enemy Direction Indicators" than you find this:

Strappster #14 Posted 11 November 2016 - 06:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25989 battles

View PostXeideo, on 11 November 2016 - 05:38 PM, said:

If you google "wot Target/Enemy Direction Indicators" than you find this:

< pic snipped >

Ah, thank you. Assuming these only show when a tank is spotted, I can understand Support's response. IMO any advantage they confer over glancing at the minimap would be negated by having so much neon clutter in the HUD.

FWIW, googling the phrase you suggest gives the mod I was querying as the second result, where turret direction is shown on the minimap, hence my confusion. :)

Edit because my next post.

Edited by Strappster, 11 November 2016 - 06:55 PM.

Gremlin182 #15 Posted 11 November 2016 - 06:47 PM

General

• Player
  • 53421 battles

What to do

remove any mods you think might give an advantage.

Ditto any someone has suggested might give an advantage

Do this before 9.17 arrives to get used to doing without them.

When 9.17 arrives we may well have much more information maybe even a list of we have banned the following mods.

That is something they will not want to do before they act.

Its no doubt going to be a frustrating time for the modding community too

Edited by Gremlin182, 11 November 2016 - 06:48 PM.

Strappster #16 Posted 11 November 2016 - 06:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25989 battles

View PostStrappster, on 11 November 2016 - 05:46 PM, said:

Ah, thank you. Assuming these only show when a tank is spotted, I can understand Support's response. IMO any advantage they confer over glancing at the minimap would be negated by having so much neon clutter in the HUD.

I'm guessing Support didn't look up the mod, same as I didn't before posting the previous. The enemy indicators are colour-coded, description below is taken from the mod download page, which I won't link for obvious reasons but if you've been paying attention, you'll already know how to find it.

Cheat mod

Mod will informe about distance to the nearest enemy and taking aim at you. All this information is provided by mod in the form of colored arrows. About enemy’s direction you will be inform by green arrow. This means there is no danger and enemy will not be able to aim in you.

If the arrow will change its color to red – be careful: the enemy is close (on the arrow will display the distance in meters). But the most dangerous is the purple color. But the most dangerous is purple arrow. It means only one thing: you must immediately run, the enemy saw you and has aims. Agree this information will be very impotant during the battle. 

Changing the arrow's colour based on where they're aiming isn't information you can take from the minimap. IMO that's where it crosses the line and becomes a cheat.

lmperfection #17 Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20549 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostStig_Stigma, on 10 November 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

I didn't claim to be a representative,.I just gave my opinion, and made a resume of the forbidden mods according to WG criteria... I have the freedom to post content in this forum as do other people who have things to say...

Yes there is a list of forbidden (types of) mods, with very detailed specifics of what constitutes a cheat. The criteria (point 3. in my post) is from the Fair Play postWG published some days ago... 

I predict that your childish persona will now claim that fog is not an "object" or that by removing the fog on certain maps it doesn't really give cheaters an advantage... But any rational person knows that to be false...

I believe the transparency of map objects refers to making building transparent, foliage transparent, rocks and dead tanks;

The fog is purely cosmetic, and removing it increases performance on lower grade computers, it gives no advantage, and doesn't effect fair play.

To remove fog, is perfectly fine.

c0keb0ttle #18 Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18162 battles

Direction Indicator (by Spoter) does not tell you where tanks are aiming. It tells you three things:

1. The direction, type, and distance of the nearest spotted enemy.

2. The direction, type, and distance of spotted enemies that are behind hard cover.

3. The direction, type, and distance of spotted enemies that have line of sight to you (and vice versa).

Especially nr 3 is very useful, as you immediately get an indicator to show you tanks that you can actually shoot at, and which can shoot at you. It's supremely useful for people with bad situational awareness. Especially new players, I guess.

It's a really marginal mod, which I personally believe should probably not be allowed, as it really gives a big advantage. That said, it doesn't actually tell you anything you can't already see by just looking around.

Edited by c0keb0ttle, 11 November 2016 - 09:38 PM.

bubs79 #19 Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16501 battles

View PostStig_Stigma, on 10 November 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

childish persona ??  I think that response is childish in itself ,

the reason is u don't have an official stance on wat mods r allowed and not allowed . I think its wrong for u to even post that info it shud be done by a member of wg .

ill give u an example y  ,

a player reads your post  and notices that a mod on your list  is  not, forbidden   , he goes and plays a few games  and then receives a ban for using that mod . as they said it is in their ffp

whats his defence going to be ?  oh I read a post that someone made   with a list of mods that   are  forbidden and not forbidden.

u see where I am coming from?  then that player comes back and blames u for having that list.

id like to add that u say the hitskins mod  is up for discussion , well wg have said it is legit until they bring out their own version , once that version is out then any mod that does the skins will be added to the forbidden list

here is the wording

One More Category: In-Battle Armor Viewers

We believe this functionality (which shows the critical armor zones of a vehicle during battle) provides a significant advantage. Since we didn’t treat it as a cheat in the past, we are not adding it to the "forbidden" list for now. Instead, we're working on our own version of an in-battle armor viewer with genuinely beneficial functions. Once that debuts, the mods that offer this will be added to the list and be banned.

Edited by bubs79, 12 November 2016 - 12:06 AM.

Stig_Stigma #20 Posted 12 November 2016 - 06:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14372 battles
  • [DOCTR] DOCTR

View PostZaknafeinAK47, on 11 November 2016 - 05:29 PM, said:

I see a few issues with your list.

1. Zoom out mods are quite clearly banned, as extending the zoom out distance allows you to see behind objects that you would otherwise be unable to see behind, so should be in red.

2. Fog removal, haven't found anything from an official WG source for it, so it's clearly your opinion, you should indicate that with the appropriate color from your color scheme, ie yellow not red.

3. Tank skins with hit zones / White Death skins, banned as far as I know and have been for a while on US and SEA servers I believe, so should be in red.

4. Live player stats, perfectly fine, there is nothing in the Fair Play Policy to even remotely imply that part of XVM is banned, so should be in green.

As I said in the OP the red colour is only for those mods/cheats that were clearly specified in the WG criteria of what constitutes a third category mod/cheat. According to those criteria there is no mention of zoom out mods although I agree; those are cheats. But as I said this post isn't just my opinion but a classification of the mods I knew according to the official criteria that WG published las week. 

Fog removal is a cheat according to the WG criteria. Quoting: "Mods that aid in finding enemies by letting you adjust the transparency of objects on the map". 

As for tank skins, I consider them cheats too. But again WG didn't put any criteria referring to them in the third category, meaning explicitly forbidden cheats. 

Live player stats, as for my opinion should be considered as a cheat too. But again WG didn't mention it as an explicitly forbidden cheat. So it is a disputable cheat/mod. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users