BP_OMowe #21 Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24764 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostNokkeli, on 12 July 2017 - 08:29 PM, said:

Did you even try reading the OP?

View PostBalc0ra, on 13 July 2017 - 02:21 AM, said:

I know reading is hard for you alt accounts. But your point backs his point up even more. So why complain about it? As the point was... there are other ways to get mods to work besides.. res_mod.... that 90% of the forum whiners think removing it will fix everything.

View Postcaptainpigg, on 13 July 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

Yes we know that, you are missing the OP's point though.

In fairness, botuks comment

View Postbotuks, on 12 July 2017 - 07:50 PM, said:

wow, another genious. There is a kind of cheats that are not installed in game folder but works separate in the background. Even ESL anticheat system not recognize it and russian players using it on ESL.

could just as well be directed towards

View PostExclamationMark, on 12 July 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

Yes, but they could quite easily get rid of cheats/hacks right now, as we know them, if they wanted to. 

as botuks didn't direct it towards OP (or anyone else for that matter) but fairly recent after Exclamationmark's comment, whom if I am not mistaken often post about removing the res_mods-folder to prevent cheating.

View Postcellaman7, on 12 July 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

Well XVM was the only mod I used but now, apart from pretty colours, WG add all the extra things in Vanilla mode and as I type, my WOT is updating which would mean yet more messing around to update XVM.

I still find quite a few mods useful, some more or less essential for me at least. Right now I'm testing various mods that fixes the horrible female crew voices ;-)

zukimik #22 Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:29 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 66974 battles
  • [TTUTT] TTUTT

Just take a look at this link, there are a lot of peoples still using this cheat:

*edited*

I know peoples using this for over 6 months, never caught.

Edited by Jbnn, 13 September 2017 - 06:44 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

MiaMica #23 Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 779 battles
  • [WGNET] WGNET
just in case you don't know - they have no effort for doing something against it. Each other game has a Hack-Shield only wot has not.

BravelyRanAway #24 Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25705 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postzukimik, on 12 September 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

Just take a look at this link, there are a lot of peoples still using this cheat:

*edited*

I know peoples using this for over 6 months, never caught.

You're pretty good at spamming this all over the forum the last few days in different topics.............are you making money from it?

SuedKAT #25 Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 12 September 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

You're pretty good at spamming this all over the forum the last few days in different topics.............are you making money from it?

Most likely, I keep reporting him though so all the advertisement get's pulled reasonably fast. 

View PostMiaMica, on 12 September 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

just in case you don't know - they have no effort for doing something against it. Each other game has a Hack-Shield only wot has not.

​It does, you'll find the fair play policy tied to it here: https://worldoftanks...ir_play_policy/

Edited by SuedKAT, 13 September 2017 - 03:16 AM.

anonym_VJVVUp5heVv5 #26 Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

Sorry to be a killjoy.

nothing against the O.P...very interesting read

Each to his own

But I have never had the desire to install any mod.to my knowledge this is the only game that allows 3rd party mods.which is why I have never purchased gold via a credit card only pre pay as I'm not comfortable with the idea of a 3rd party potentially gaining access to my details.

XVM and the like create (in some players) a toxic atmosphere..we've all heard the comments "lost" at the beginning of a game or these supposedly good players drowning themselves at the beginning of a match and calling out lesser players as tomatoes.:ohmy:

I have no issues with players wanting to create skins for vehicles and other cosmetic items such as silly voices,however, I'm very uncomfortable with the tracer aspect mentioned and tree fall indicators which I have heard of, as these are essentially game cheats/hacks and in my opinion should be banned,as should the players using them.:angry:

Balc0ra #27 Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77715 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postdiscontinued, on 14 September 2017 - 12:00 PM, said

But I have never had the desire to install any mod.to my knowledge this is the only game that allows 3rd party mods.which is why I have never purchased gold via a credit card only pre pay as I'm not comfortable with the idea of a 3rd party potentially gaining access to my details.

AW and WT have mods as such. AW even was as stupid not to hide everything your client knows early on before they changed it. And thus mods could even show hidden enemy tanks. WT has a stricter system on it how it allows some mods to work due to how the game engine works etc. And most of their mods are more visual, then cheating. As most create and share tank modes etc. But WT you could turn everything to low and it removed trees and bushes even. So in historical battles, you did not need cheats. Just turn the settings down to see everyone.

That said, WG is working.... or rather testing a system on the RU server.  A WG mod portal if you will. Kinda what WT has. And only mods downloaded from there will work. As they plan to "mark" all mods on that site. Mods that don't have it won't work. Downside is, it's gonna be harder to create your own mods. Like the sound mod I have, or the forum mod. As then you need to get them approved first and then hosted via the portal.

But I suspect that's still a long way off. It's been in beta for almost 8 moths on the RU portal. And so far it's just hosting the mods. They have not tested the coded mods yet.

Edited by Balc0ra, 14 September 2017 - 07:02 PM.

MiaMica #28 Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 779 battles
  • [WGNET] WGNET

View PostSuedKAT, on 12 September 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

Most likely, I keep reporting him though so all the advertisement get's pulled reasonably fast. 

​It does, you'll find the fair play policy tied to it here: https://worldoftanks...ir_play_policy/

thats not a hackshield that are words and letters...

SuedKAT #29 Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMiaMica, on 16 September 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

thats not a hackshield that are words and letters...

Yes, it's the policy tied to the anti cheat system WoT have in place, they kinda needs to specify what's allowed or not somewhere...

skeleton_bones #30 Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 900 battles
  • [_XIX_] _XIX_

to be fair mods that dont affect the game is fine i my self dont have a problem with mods that others want to use but when it dose affect the game i.e cheating then thats a problem that needs to be delt with (and for those that dont understand cheating means giving a player advanage over other players or changes that game from what it should be to do thing you otherwise cant.)

also anyone who say a server sided game cant be hacked A is wrong B short sighted and narrow mined there are plenty of ways to hack games without a client side

but some are not just hacks playing this game along with other tank games some of it come down to it just being so unbalanced and poorly programmed like war thurnder that reasonably balanced it plagued with hackers down side to this game the morons that run it belive that it cant be hacked WRONG youtube will show you plenty of hacks being used my self have 4 vids of hacks most being aimbot.

Slyspy #31 Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15407 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postskeleton_bones, on 16 September 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

to be fair mods that dont affect the game is fine i my self dont have a problem with mods that others want to use but when it dose affect the game i.e cheating then thats a problem that needs to be delt with (and for those that dont understand cheating means giving a player advanage over other players or changes that game from what it should be to do thing you otherwise cant.)

also anyone who say a server sided game cant be hacked A is wrong B short sighted and narrow mined there are plenty of ways to hack games without a client side

but some are not just hacks playing this game along with other tank games some of it come down to it just being so unbalanced and poorly programmed like war thurnder that reasonably balanced it plagued with hackers down side to this game the morons that run it belive that it cant be hacked WRONG youtube will show you plenty of hacks being used my self have 4 vids of hacks most being aimbot.

Two points: Firstly, cheating is doing something against the rules. If it isn't against the rules then it isn't cheating even if it gives an advantage. Secondly, if someone wants to spend the time and effort hacking into WG's servers there are juicier prizes than making someone's pixel tank invulnerable.

Isharial #32 Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:51 PM

Major

• Player
  • 26621 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postskeleton_bones, on 16 September 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

there is a difference between a hack and a cheat

a hack would imply that the server values, such as tank data, would be modified and thus would affect more than just the hacker, it would affect anyone and everyone using said tank

a cheat is client based, only affecting the cheater, and doesn't apply to anyone else

so therefore, as a server hosted game can be hacked, it is not beneficial to the hacker to do so, if they had any intelligence, they'd steal your credit card details, over hacking to give their maus a few extra pen.... a cheat on the otherhand would be ofcourse, trackers, tree falls, aimbots etc.. etc.. those kind of things are far easier to achieve, and will be the most commonly seen cheats

however, how would you go about both banning and making it impossible to cheat, while also promoting player made mods such as skins, while also not making it so out of reach for people trying to get into making skins and sounds for their game? its a complex and intricate matter

MiaMica #33 Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 779 battles
  • [WGNET] WGNET
I bet all my Money from a Month "38,50€" Never Wargaming will do something no in this year even not in hundred years - do you love green yeah?

xx984 #34 Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:17 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 68809 battles

View PostMiaMica, on 17 September 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

I bet all my Money from a Month "38,50€" Never Wargaming will do something no in this year even not in hundred years - do you love green yeah?

They don't need to do something because its not a huge issue. While there are afew people using illegal mods, its not as much as everyone thinks. Alot of it comes down to people being salty and pissed off that they got outplayed and screams "Hax!111!!1!1!" or "Mods!!!1!111!!!1" WoT Has less "hackers" if you can even call them that, than most games due to most of it being server based rather than client based. The most you can do to truly cheat on this game are modifications that show trees falling on minimaps, change the in game auto aim and so on. And the people who do use them usually get caught quickly enough 

OreH75 #35 Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:47 PM

Major

• Player
  • 56239 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

View PostMiaMica, on 17 September 2017 - 09:55 PM, said:

Since you only play arty I guess you get killed every game by invisible tanks and since you don't know/understand/want to learn the view range mechanics, you just blame it on cheats...

Slyspy #36 Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15407 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostOreH75, on 18 September 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

Since you only play arty I guess you get killed every game by invisible tanks and since you don't know/understand/want to learn the view range mechanics, you just blame it on cheats...

Careful, make sure you can cover a bet of thirty-eight-and-a-half Euros before getting involved!

Edited by Slyspy, 19 September 2017 - 05:10 PM.

BP_OMowe #37 Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:28 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 24764 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostIsharial, on 16 September 2017 - 06:51 PM, said:

a hack would imply that the server values, such as tank data, would be modified and thus would affect more than just the hacker, it would affect anyone and everyone using said tank

The simple work-around for the changes going global would be to make it account based.

For instance, instead of armour being X mm, the hacker changes it to be account multiplier x X mm, with all players apart from those exploiting the hack set to 1.

View PostMiaMica, on 17 September 2017 - 09:55 PM, said:

Do something about what exactly?

SilentGaze #38 Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 980 battles

View PostBP_OMowe, on 01 March 2018 - 01:28 AM, said:

Do something about what exactly?

​They have done it 

https://worldoftanks...b-announcement/

Also tagged with cheat, cheating, mods, mod, res_mods, folder

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users