Is T26E5 Patriot breaking the game?

T26E5 E5 USA Heavy Medium

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

attack444 #61 Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12790 battles
I guess WG bosses wanted to buy new BMWs... GJ WG, "how to make playerbase angry"- mission completed!!

MkH #62 Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:26 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38558 battles
  • [PSOP] PSOP

View PostRico_Shay, on 28 November 2016 - 02:14 PM, said:

Im pretty sure that the ones who bought this tanks is scared shitless that it will be nerfed =)

WG doesn't nerf premium tanks and there really isn't anything to nerf here. The turret is great for sure, but not impenetrable for higher tier guns. Mobility is good for a well armored heavy, but that's also true for IS-3. DPM is nice, but not exactly game breaking. Hull armor is only reliable against 175mm pen and below.

I started out great with it, but my average damage has since gone down to about 1900, which is the same as on IS-6 and JT88, so just about what it should be for t8 premium.

Edited by MkH, 29 November 2016 - 05:27 PM.

Punisher_GR_ #63 Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:07 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 41571 battles
  • [GRTG] GRTG

another freaking thread with noobs that's don't know how to aim and have brain to look for the weak spot I'm average player and never have trouble to find weak spot on other tanks , I give you hint research first the tank and stop whining for premium tanks seriously ppl stop whining for nerfs basicly you steal other ppl and make the ppl that support the game seriously pissed how many tanks become usless beacause of this sh... .How you can compare T26E5 to T32 ofc last one is better and other Tier 8 are possible even better T26E5 is close to normal tank but wait abit if ppl start to know weak spot on it will be another T8 tank.Stop Whinning And Wait.

FireStickCZ #64 Posted 30 November 2016 - 03:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5184 battles

View PostPunisher_GR_, on 29 November 2016 - 10:07 PM, said:

another freaking thread with noobs that's don't know how to aim and have brain to look for the weak spot I'm average player and never have trouble to find weak spot on other tanks , I give you hint research first the tank and stop whining for premium tanks seriously ppl stop whining for nerfs basicly you steal other ppl and make the ppl that support the game seriously pissed how many tanks become usless beacause of this sh... .How you can compare T26E5 to T32 ofc last one is better and other Tier 8 are possible even better T26E5 is close to normal tank but wait abit if ppl start to know weak spot on it will be another T8 tank.Stop Whinning And Wait.

If you are average player then do not call other people noobs :facepalm:

I did research about the T26E5 and according to http://tanks.gg/wot/...6e5-p#tab:model T26E5 has 200 mm of upper plate, 200 mm of machinegun port and 200 mm lower plate. Can you see any weakspots there?

Meanwhile, T32 has only 150 mm thick machinegun port as weakspot and 190 mm of hull armor http://tanks.gg/wot/tank/t32#tab:model

Also you said: "ppl stop whining for nerfs basicly you steal other ppl and make the ppl that support the game seriously pissed how many tanks become usless beacause of this sh..."  But these premium tanks are not useless because they were nerfed. They became useless because WG released a better premium, which made the older premiums weak.

hajoittaja #65 Posted 30 November 2016 - 03:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39859 battles
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K
I bought this tank yesterday and I must say its one of the best tanks I've played. Unlike many tier 8s, it's still useful in tier X games without gold and it prints money like no other. Since yesterday I have made almost 3M credits with quite average game play.  

lmperfection #66 Posted 30 November 2016 - 04:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21971 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

I am here to leave my rotten tomato review on the MiniE5 Patriot.

It cured my cancer, after using it for three days, I had no longer any traceable cancer.

Way cheaper than any other cures out there at just under 40Euro.

It also made my skin loose all wrinkles, even the wrinkles I could hide food under.

It's the single greatest invention WG have come out with to date! Well, besides the 

Arty stun AoE on the sandbox, that was special. 

Anyway it revived my dead dog and cleaned my car too.

10/10 would recommend this tank to a friend, you can buy it from me also, kinda like a pyramid scheme,

but not a pyramid scheme ;););)

____________________________________________________________________________________

It's a good tank. Like really good, compared to the rest of the teir 8 premiums it's amazing.

I would not say it's OP however, it is weak lower plate at effective 150mm armour, and once 

you get hit in the sides and back you're done for. Also arty because WG inventions going too far.

It gets constantly set on fire and ammo racked. It's burning through my auto fire extinguisher stash, thankfully with

the butt tonne of credits it makes and the discount I came out and broke even with 1500 more of them.

Just use arty to get rid of it, 5 arty per team and you win! Everyone wins!!

(rocket ship)

BoneEad #67 Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11019 battles

To be honest I think this is a pretty neat chance. I haven't played with the patriot or the liberte, but I have played with for instance KV-5. And the KV-5 is super awkward if you are facing anything other than tier 6 or 7. Sure you can press the 2 key, but if you are running a standard account because you cannot afford a premium account, premium ammo is a thing you don't use unless you are a shot or two away from deciding if you win or lose the game. So i absolutely hate every premium that (and non premiums too actually) witch sole purpose is to kick lower tier tanks. A good example of that is the B2. Lower tier tanks cant hope to kill it and it will just feast on them. The moment you face competent equal tier opponents or mostly anything that is higher tier, you are going to be toast instead. 

So seeing new premiums that can stand on their own and in skilled hands even take down reliably higher tier opponents is a welcome chance. If you compare the T26E5 to the T32 the differences are quite minor, as they should be. The only thing I am a bit baffled about though is the fact that there is absolutely no weak spots at the front. At least the liberte with is super good frontal armor  has its weak cupola that you can exploit. Yet again I absolutely detest the R2D2 in KV-5.s front (witch would still be ok if the turret would be without weak spots).

Also many of the tier 8 heavy's are getting some love in the next patch. The T34 is getting increase in view range and also will be much faster to aim.

Eokokok #68 Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18822 battles
How is that a good thing? WTF? You can spam gold with prems at if you pen your shots you will still stay in the green... Great balance, trully spectacular.

Blasta_2 #69 Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14895 battles
  • [TZU2] TZU2
people who ask if this tank is overpowered, need to compare it to every other t8 heavy,  without question it is far stronger than the rest ,  and yes it is breaking the game (pay to win)

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #70 Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:58 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostEokokok, on 27 November 2016 - 04:21 PM, said:

You mean retarded OP M6? Yeah, another good example of messed up balance at tier 8... So many OP prems it is not even funny.

How is it OP when every dog just slams through?

How is it OP when it can't even pen the new T8 prems?

How is it OP with these paper sides?

How is it OP with a 29km/h top speed?  (easypeasy for SPG's = OP?) Not to mention the size together with the speed...)

Shoot the tracks from the front and my ammobox get's hit OP?

FWIW It has a weakspot which can be overmatched by many guns. Maybe you just didn't know that.

"Our gun is damaged"   = OP fun times as well.

The only reason why people have troubles meeting this tank is the lack of them (not enough M6A2E1's for people to get to know them)

Edited by Spek_en_Bonen, 13 December 2016 - 11:59 AM.

73north #71 Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39788 battles

I find it annoying that the British Heavy Premiums are pretty poor - . The Excelsior and Fv210 ( A45 ) at Tier 5 and 7 are so poor with penetration or accuracy respectively

we badly need a decent 4 man British Heavy Tank crew trainer

Eokokok #72 Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18822 battles

View PostSpek_en_Bonen, on 13 December 2016 - 10:58 AM, said:

How is it OP when every dog just slams through?

How is it OP when it can't even pen the new T8 prems?

How is it OP with these paper sides?

How is it OP with a 29km/h top speed?  (easypeasy for SPG's = OP?) Not to mention the size together with the speed...)

Shoot the tracks from the front and my ammobox get's hit OP?

FWIW It has a weakspot which can be overmatched by many guns. Maybe you just didn't know that.

"Our gun is damaged"   = OP fun times as well.

The only reason why people have troubles meeting this tank is the lack of them (not enough M6A2E1's for people to get to know them)

235 is the weakest part of M6 on hull, with most armour being 270+, if you are getting killed, well, there is tier 5 tank for you to practice, called T1...

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #73 Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:42 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostEokokok, on 13 December 2016 - 01:09 PM, said:

235 is the weakest part of M6 on hull, with most armour being 270+, if you are getting killed, well, there is tier 5 tank for you to practice, called T1...

The top of the turret is only 41mm (with a rather large spot which can be hit from the front (which happens almost every match)

The sides of the gunmantle  are only 86mm  (I mentioned that this is not modelled correctly. The thickness of the mantle is not being taken in consideration (the whole side is 86mm....where is the thickness of the mantle???)

The turretring is only 200mm...

Plenty of choices.

Or press 2 x2...

Or call it OP

Signal11th #74 Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:46 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 45266 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
Decent tank, no more OP than the IS-3 so quit your bellyaching.

Cobra6 #75 Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16531 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Yes is it, it's a premium tank that is superior to it's regular tier counterpart and also superior to most of it's peers.

Cobra 6

Eokokok #76 Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18822 battles

View Postsignal11th, on 21 December 2016 - 10:46 AM, said:

Yeah, one OP tank makes other OP tank not an issue... Between you logic and your signature I might see a problem with this game.

FireStickCZ #77 Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5184 battles

View Postsignal11th, on 21 December 2016 - 11:46 AM, said:

Please read the full post before you comment :facepalm:

View PostFireStickCZ, on 13 November 2016 - 01:03 PM, said:

The gun has very high penetration and DPM, unlike other heavy potato guns it has very good gun hanlding as well.

However, even though it is incredibly good tank, it is still not as good as IS-3, therefore it is not overpowered

But if it is not overpowered, why did I write this post? Well, lets compare it to other tier 8 tanks:

T26E5 vs T32

+++ Better DPM, penetration an accuracy...

And yes, IS-3 is still the best tier 8, but T26E5 is second best and it is superior to any heavy/medium tank with same playstyle, therefore making them completely useless

Edited by FireStickCZ, 22 December 2016 - 12:08 PM.

Xabre99 #78 Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13752 battles

Could have saved a lot of time by just saying, "its OP".

There are many OP premium tanks in the game these days. Gone have the times when a premium tank was mediocre. Obviously a business strategy on Wargaming's part to entice players to part with more money. 

Anyway, when is it for sale next? The current specials in the shop are not very 'special' (I bought the E-25 on release and the 'black' T34 can literally f**k off).

Eokokok #79 Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18822 battles

Not sure, probably will come next year in some monthly/weekly package of OPness...

Wish they would do Black Lowe... the tonk is rather nice nowdays, and with all black paint it would be awesome on the eyes.

USSR89 #80 Posted 02 January 2017 - 04:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11999 battles

View Posthajoittaja, on 30 November 2016 - 03:34 PM, said:

I bought this tank yesterday and I must say its one of the best tanks I've played. Unlike many tier 8s, it's still useful in tier X games without gold and it prints money like no other. Since yesterday I have made almost 3M credits with quite average game play.  

Same, gotta agree with you. I already love it, farmed 2.5 mil credits yesterday, good games, in tier X  games i just act as support medium, with coated optics and still have great games.

To answer the question of this thread. No it is not breaking the game. It is a good tank, good in every aspect, but not overpowered in any aspect, being "good" everywhere is what makes this tank fun to play and competitive. But none of these things are game breaking. Is it very good when its hull down? So is T32. Can it still get one shotted by arty? Yes it can very easily. Can you stand in front a tank with 230 pen and just brawl it? Not really you will get shot trough in the hull unless he sucks. So whats breaking the balance?

So to say it again, no it is not going to break any balance or game itself. There are certain streamers saying that its completely overpowered, but also those streamers say [edited]like for example " oh this tank got buffed in this patch, lets see what they did to it OH MY GOD 0.1 dispersion buff? OMG now its so OP I may start playing it again"

So it's better than T34, good. That tank is obsolete, it's old. New lines of tanks were made, autoloaders everywhere, releasing new tanks now, WG has to make them competitive. In this spirit, they have to start buffind some premium tanks that need it to be competitive again and not collect dust in the garage, but that is a story for another evening. All I see is people being butthurt for no reason again.

Feel free to eat me alive for this post guys, but this is how it is.

Also tagged with T26E5, E5, USA, Heavy, Medium

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users