T26E5 E5 USA Heavy Medium

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

Amkal #81 Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25552 battles
  • [-BSF-] -BSF-

The gun is what makes patriot op. Give it the regular pershing gun with 180-190 pen and 1700 dpm and you will have perfectly balanced prem tank that is not op, but is still competitive and fun to play. Just let it be a t26/t32 hybrid, instead of better than both of them.

T34 isnt even in the same tier anymore. Even though it got some love in the last patch it is still useless. I get the idea, it is slow heavy that hits hard but it is still not competitive. Give it more dpm and better gun handling to justify the higher price than t26e5

Eokokok #82 Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:18 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18747 battles

People saying it is not OP because it T32 is not OP, what the hell, how does people get 8k games with that kind of attitude...

Patriot is OP because it is faster then T32 with better DPM, permatracking, way better pen AND IT CAN SPAM GOLD ALL DAY LONG WITH PROFIT ON TOP IN TIER X GAME

Seriously, you need to be a 300 wn scrub to fail in at least cutting it even in any matchup with heavy gold spam. That is the main reason why prem tonks as good as regular ones (although Patriot, Scorpion and Liberte are simply better then regular tier 8 making almost all of them redundant) are broken. Being able to have 270-ish pen at tier 8 with no downsides appart from reducing income from bazzilion to few k silver is breaking the game.

Prem tanks should not be competitve because they are not ment to win games. But as it is now, well, out of 5 best tier 8 tanks 5 of them are prems. That is spectacular marketing success and insane balance failure.

kaneloon #83 Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:14 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 30968 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0

Yeah gj WG, the OP-ness of this tank is what makes it so frequent, why people want to have it.

I still resist, I already have 35+ tanks I like in my garage, and cannot master or even play them all.

I'm so tempted ... to wait for the next übertank :)

Any way thanks (I'm serious) for those buying it and supporting this game.

Pablo_Amenable #84 Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10862 battles
haha i love this tank, finally a fun way to grind credits... Getting ace on this is hard. 1550 base exp is a first class :o

Eokokok #85 Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:11 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18747 battles
Weapon of choice for unicorns farming silver and wn.

Urshakus #86 Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12280 battles

View PostMad_Potato, on 06 January 2017 - 11:24 PM, said:

haha i love this tank, finally a fun way to grind credits... Getting ace on this is hard. 1550 base exp is a first class :o

Yeah, really good tank, for me the best credit farmer and true the ace is really hard to get. I have actually got two aces :hiding: first for 1538 base xp and the second for 1600 base xp. 

DOCT0R_ #87 Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22386 battles
  • [WHEN] WHEN

View PostEokokok, on 04 January 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

People saying it is not OP because it T32 is not OP, what the hell, how does people get 8k games with that kind of attitude...

Patriot is OP because it is faster then T32 with better DPM, permatracking, way better pen AND IT CAN SPAM GOLD ALL DAY LONG WITH PROFIT ON TOP IN TIER X GAME

Seriously, you need to be a 300 wn scrub to fail in at least cutting it even in any matchup with heavy gold spam. That is the main reason why prem tonks as good as regular ones (although Patriot, Scorpion and Liberte are simply better then regular tier 8 making almost all of them redundant) are broken. Being able to have 270-ish pen at tier 8 with no downsides appart from reducing income from bazzilion to few k silver is breaking the game.

Prem tanks should not be competitve because they are not ment to win games. But as it is now, well, out of 5 best tier 8 tanks 5 of them are prems. That is spectacular marketing success and insane balance failure.

Can confirm, played with one person who had Patriot and I was in T32.

Even though I have good crew, that also has mobility perks, he just surpassed me? While he has better gun? And better hull armour? And only way I can match his gun is if I load 90mm and sprem and even then I would have worse gun.

So indeed, this is amazing balancing at work, purely disgusting.

blacklupos #88 Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 12968 battles
I think that the Patriot is an insult to all of us who bought the T34 or the IS6 long time ago. It is by far better than both of them in almost every aspect. GG

Eokokok #89 Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18747 battles
IS-6 has prem MM and can play breakthrough very well when top tiered, can't see how it is an insult to someone with soviet tonk.

Thrael7 #90 Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24311 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postblacklupos, on 18 January 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

I think that the Patriot is an insult to all of us who bought the T34 or the IS6 long time ago. It is by far better than both of them in almost every aspect. GG

Dunno if u chose to exclude FCM50t from that list. Maybe 'cause you can flank with it in 2017, right? :trollface:

Pablo_Amenable #91 Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10862 battles

While I was looking for info on what kind of damage do I need for 3 marks of excellence I ran into the average statistics in it. They surprised me. Damaged dealt is only 1199, winrate 50,7%... 

Must say it is indeed the best credit earning tank. I agree that it mostly gets into t10 battles and that is really annoying.

Today got 3 marks in it, you need 2880 damage combined to not FALL in the marks. To increase them you need damage above that. It was hard because of the t10 problem.

Asghaad #92 Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:55 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 14192 battles
  • [PPDCZ] PPDCZ

maybe it would be better to stop whining about T26E5 which was balanced just about right to be really good T8 heavy and start to think about WHY it is better than outdated powercreeped piece of garbage like T32 ...

the standard performance for T8 is IS-3 - is it OP ? well no it isnt, its barely viable against higher tiers ... which means that other T8 heavies are UNDERPERFORMING and should be buffed accordingly, especially T32 which is still left with gun that has lower penetration than what is standard MEDIUM tank pen these days ...

IS-3 is fine

T26E5 is fine

Liberte is bit too strong but it is killable by anything it faces thanks to the tumor cupola and paper mache sides.

T32 is a joke (all it would need is bit better ground resistances, 0.38 accuracy, 216ish penetration with 250ish APCR gold and aimtime around 2.5)

Caernarvon could use LFG, upper turret and DPM buffs

Tiger 2 is basically fine, only thing it needs is buff to turret roof to 41mm so IS tanks can no longer overmatch it ...

basically T32 is the weakest T8 heavy right now and its all about its T7 gun ... it should have been buffed long time ago, that is why Patriot seems so much better...

PS: Patriots lower glacis is 160mm effective against AP rounds ... so far FAR from being invulnerable from the front and its turret is far cry from invulnerable - aside from 200mm zones right next to the mantlet you have base of the cupola at 160ish, and turret ring at 155mm - hard targets to hit yes but its no T32 which has 250mm cupola and bounces T10 TD gold effortlessly

Eokokok #93 Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18747 battles
IS-3 is fine, and then build some sort of fantasy story around it... You do know that conclusion made from false initial data is considered false, don't you?

Asghaad #94 Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:49 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 14192 battles
  • [PPDCZ] PPDCZ

View PostEokokok, on 07 February 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

IS-3 is fine, and then build some sort of fantasy story around it... You do know that conclusion made from false initial data is considered false, don't you?

its the baseline for how strong T8 heavy should be

im not saying that it isnt stronger than most others, all im saying that anything less than IS3 power level is just cannon fodder for T9 and T10. When T9s are so much more powerful than T8s it just makes sense instead of nerfing IS3/Liberte/Patriot to level out other T8s ... especially T32 and Caern are simply "tier 7.5" not T8s ...

Velvet_Underground #95 Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:21 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 22243 battles

View PostAsghaad, on 07 February 2017 - 06:49 PM, said:

its the baseline for how strong T8 heavy should be

im not saying that it isnt stronger than most others, all im saying that anything less than IS3 power level is just cannon fodder for T9 and T10.

1. Have a guess how good tier 6 vehicles are against an IS3, Patriot, Liberte etc.

2. Have a guess how good tier 8 meds are compared to the IS3, Patriot, Liberte etc and tell me whether the other tier 8 heavies should be as strong as those three vehicles.

Asghaad #96 Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:36 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 14192 battles
  • [PPDCZ] PPDCZ

View PostVelvet_Underground, on 07 February 2017 - 07:21 PM, said:

1. Have a guess how good tier 6 vehicles are against an IS3, Patriot, Liberte etc.

2. Have a guess how good tier 8 meds are compared to the IS3, Patriot, Liberte etc and tell me whether the other tier 8 heavies should be as strong as those three vehicles.

1. T6 can handle IS3 fine if they know how to

Liberte can be damaged by T4s ...

only Patriot requires 160+ pen to damage from the front (center of the lower plate...)

now have a guess how well IS3/Liberte/Patriot fares against T110E5, Kranvagn, E100 or T57 ... exactly the same as T6 against T8 - load gold and aim for weakspots or flank ... guess how T32 fares against T10 heavies ... it doesnt because even with gold it will bounce ...

that tells me that top T8 heavies are balanced properly and other ones not so much

2. they are in process of buffing at least some older T8 mediums to the new standard, the new ones are just fine  as they are and frankly i would rather take some of the T8 mediums ( STA1/2, Revalorise, Centurion, O416 - especially 340 pen cHEAT spamming Object ... which also has better camo than scouts ...)  to the T10 battle rather than even best of T8 heavies ...

Eokokok #97 Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:27 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18747 battles

Take 2 friends, pick your tiers 6 and come show me how you can take IS-3 just fine... Rofl, biggest joke out there.

Besides, they are throwing random buffs to tanks that did not neet it (STA), while the fact that most OP tanks of tier 8 are all premiums remains... Seems like a cash grab, especially since buffs do not even get normal tanks in the same league as the prems.

Edited by Eokokok, 08 February 2017 - 09:28 AM.

HidesHisFace #98 Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18413 battles

Patriot, along with Liberte are a new plague, especially with Skorpion Gs still running around like vermin they are. These three things overshadow ANY other tank on their tier and by a huge margin.

Now, let's compare Patriot to all other Pershing closes - that is T32, Pershing, Super Pershing and Patton Korea, shall we?

Armour - Patriot has better armour than any of these. Yes, even T32. T32 has technically a stronger turret, that much is undeniable, but who cares? It is a massive overkill anyway - 600mm of effective armour vs 280+ mm on Patriot means it barely batters. Overall hull armour is also better on Patriot. Oh, and cupola is not a weakspot at all. Others? Patriot simply crushes others, no problem.

Now to other stats:

DPM - Patriot has the best DPM in that category, period - both theorethical and practical, because it also has, BY FAR, the best penetration here, 230mm, while others just get close to 200mm milestone. Ammo count is the best among compared vehicles on par with Patton Korea.

Soft stats on the gun - they are bloody good. Better than on Super Pershing, better than on T32, no contest here. Only actual mediums trump it in that department but it is not much of a consolation at this point.

Mobility - Patriot is decently fast for a heavy. In fact, it has the exact same soft stats as Super Pershing.

It is literally just as mobile as a medium tank - it has comparable hp/t ratio to normal Pershing, while having better resistance values. Only top speed and hull traverse make it slightly worse, but it is still bloody amazing when you think about it.

Viewrange - 390 is not the top of the class, but is not bad either, it is average.

So yeah - we are talking about a very well armoured heavy tank that becomes even stronger in hull down positions, that has better DPM, penetration than equivalent MEDIUMS while having comparable gun handling.

Mobility - also medium like - granted, it is a heavy-medium mobility, but medium nonetheless.

So yeah - in terms of the classic mobility/firepower/protection ratio, every single aspect of this thing goes above average - it literally has no proper drawbacks other tanks do have.

How is it NOT OP, according to some, is a bloody mystery to me. 

Asghaad #99 Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:02 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 14192 battles
  • [PPDCZ] PPDCZ

View PostEokokok, on 08 February 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

Take 2 friends, pick your tiers 6 and come show me how you can take IS-3 just fine... Rofl, biggest joke out there.

Besides, they are throwing random buffs to tanks that did not neet it (STA), while the fact that most OP tanks of tier 8 are all premiums remains... Seems like a cash grab, especially since buffs do not even get normal tanks in the same league as the prems.

you CANNOT "take" two tiers higher tank 1 on 1 ... but you CAN damage and be threat to IS3 ragardless of tier because your gun will be able to overmatch its turret weakspot

same cannot be sayd for T32 that is utterly hopeless against tanks like E-100 ...

only truly overpowered T8 right now is 112

Patriot has weak lower glacis and its turret is not invulnerable either - its good, great even and deadly in hands of unicum but hardly overpowered

Liberte has its paper thin side armor and cupola that can be penetrated by HE rounds ...

as i sayd,m those two are about the same powerlevel as IS3 and WG will never ever nerf that tank

frankly im more amazed that WG managed to balance those ridiculous tanks to not be stronger than the best T8 heavy

PS: STA needed buffs as did Revalorise

Eokokok #100 Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:14 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18747 battles

Your deffiniton of OP is so far from reality you probably are just 2 steps from the WT servers...

Look at the stats the tier 8 is getting, currently all the top tanks are premiums, the tier 8 is pretty much garbage atm and just because you don't spam gold even though you should in tanks so blantly OP does not make them any more balanced.

I will write it again, because it seems facts are not getting through - tier 8 prems that are as good/better then tier 8 tanks are OP because you can spam gold all day long. STA-2 is better then almost all regular tier 8 meds. Top tier 8 tanks are all premiums. Patriot is OP, Liberte is OP, Skorpion is OP, 112 is OP. Ravioli even is borderline ATM.

If you do not understand why tanks with insane credit earning potential should not be as strong as regular tanks in the line ask yourself a rather simple question - why tier X rewards do not have prem income.

OH, and BTW - all the new prems will melt IS-3 without any trouble, and you said that you can do something in tier 6 against IS-3... Good luck hitting roof with you tier 6 accuracy and bloom or penning 200+ effective armour on the IS-3 front.

Don't take this as an personal assault, but your opinions are reflected in the results you are getting.

Edited by Eokokok, 08 February 2017 - 04:16 PM.

Also tagged with T26E5, E5, USA, Heavy, Medium

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users