Jump to content


Update 9.17: Sounds and HD Models


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:01 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 20,948
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
We’re highlighting improvements to in-game sounds and providing a sneak peek at new HD models.

Full news text

Srle_Vigilante #2 Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:09 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19812 battles
  • 519
  • [W0DN] W0DN
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011
Yea, HD models and sounds are just the things we been waiting for this whole time.

Gremlin182 #3 Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:18 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38353 battles
  • 6,046
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

Ive been waiting for sound improvements so good news, any information on the approximate time of the next test server would be appreciated too 

 



sir_alex_ice #4 Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:22 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30054 battles
  • 281
  • Member since:
    05-16-2014

Spotting still not fixed.

Arty still not fixed.

Aimbot and botters and illegal mods still not fixed.

 

Sounds were really a priority.



DanielPlayman #5 Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:24 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5524 battles
  • 1
  • [M-P-I] M-P-I
  • Member since:
    01-29-2012
test server pls :F

crnakoza #6 Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:43 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 49514 battles
  • 1,754
  • Member since:
    11-03-2014

View Postsir_alex_ice, on 18 November 2016 - 03:22 PM, said:

Spotting still not fixed.

 

Nothing wrong with spotting.

 

View Postsir_alex_ice, on 18 November 2016 - 03:22 PM, said:

Arty still not fixed.

 

Arty was present in the game since the very beginning, deal with it.

 

View Postsir_alex_ice, on 18 November 2016 - 03:22 PM, said:

Aimbot and botters and illegal mods still not fixed.

 

Something tells me it's not cheaters that are killing you, you just need to get better.

 

View Postsir_alex_ice, on 18 November 2016 - 03:22 PM, said:

Sounds were really a priority.

 

Job is divided in the game developer team according to one's expertise. Do you really want sound engineers to mess with game code? Sound engineers do what sound engineers do - tweak game audio.



Y_O_L_0 #7 Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:45 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 17127 battles
  • 712
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN
  • Member since:
    12-27-2012

The IS-3 is still an unplayable garbage. That tank is so bad, I am getting penetrated in the rear armor when I am not angling it, I actually have to press "A" or "D" to angle my tank so that I can bounce with my rear armor tier 10 medium tank shots who just flank me.

 

Oh and the gun, I turn the whole tank and whole turret and snap shot and penetrate other tanks, but at long range I actually have to aim for 5 seconds to penetrate enemy tier 10 heavy tanks frontally, please buff the aim time to 1,5 seconds.

 

And please, can you remove the overmatch mechanic already, I am getting penned in the turret front by JagPanzer E-100 when hulldown. Thanks!



Eiswagen_mit_Schuss #8 Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:46 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15799 battles
  • 16
  • [GEN] GEN
  • Member since:
    11-07-2014
Femal crew voices when?

malachi6 #9 Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:51 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 43636 battles
  • 2,063
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
Clearly the audio guys should quit working until the guys responsible for spotting, arty and aim bots sort themselves out.

Huggehr #10 Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:54 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 13016 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    07-06-2015

View PostCommunity, on 18 November 2016 - 03:01 PM, said:

We’re highlighting improvements to in-game sounds and providing a sneak peek at new HD models.
<a href="http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/46/update-9-17-sounds-and-hd-models/">Full news text</a>

 

Not sure if this will ever reach the author, but a devil's dozen is 13, not 11...

 



Y_O_L_0 #11 Posted 18 November 2016 - 04:31 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 17127 battles
  • 712
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN
  • Member since:
    12-27-2012

View PostEiswagen_mit_Schuss, on 18 November 2016 - 02:46 PM, said:

Femal crew voices when?

 

Oh my God this! So this! Pleeaase! Pretty pleeaase!

Dukke_swe #12 Posted 18 November 2016 - 04:55 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9013 battles
  • 1
  • [SWEPM] SWEPM
  • Member since:
    04-08-2013
wtf ! who the hell chooses witch tanks should be hd? at least u guys can take tanks ppl actually play. when is e50m getting hd for example?

Isharial #13 Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:26 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14205 battles
  • 1,499
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostDukke_swe, on 18 November 2016 - 04:55 PM, said:

wtf ! who the hell chooses witch tanks should be hd? at least u guys can take tanks ppl actually play. when is e50m getting hd for example?

 

 

actually, if you look back at whats received HD in the first place, you'd realise why the tanks they chose are getting them, they already have half the models done for these tanks.....


 

emil > vk 30 H (was done awhile ago, so body and tracks are complete, just needs slight model change for gun etc..)

KV-2 > KV-1 (was done awhile ago, just needs new turret model)

B1 > B2 (was done last patch, turret.. basically it)

CGC > Conquerer (tracks and body done, just needs arty box on back, gun made HD)

the little T3/T5 SU's are already part done in the german tree for their mediums/TD's.. (same as above, just TD gun mount added above turret location)


 

so all the choices they made for HD, are just because half the model is already done previously and its a logical choice, the E50M would take an entire new model, they cant re-use parts off other tanks, so naturally, its going to take longer to see it in HD


 

just my 2 cents....



SlyMeerkat #14 Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:01 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11757 battles
  • 694
  • [FILO] FILO
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013
Nice stuff

guest273 #15 Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:33 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34012 battles
  • 2,144
  • [EPOCH] EPOCH
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012
Yeah! B1 get's a HD buff! Sweet! Let the T4 5smm padding commence!

The_ELiT3 #16 Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:13 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10405 battles
  • 267
  • [KITTY] KITTY
  • Member since:
    08-28-2015

View PostClarrissa_the_Third, on 18 November 2016 - 05:26 PM, said:

 

 

actually, if you look back at whats received HD in the first place, you'd realise why the tanks they chose are getting them, they already have half the models done for these tanks.....


 

emil > vk 30 H (was done awhile ago, so body and tracks are complete, just needs slight model change for gun etc..)

KV-2 > KV-1 (was done awhile ago, just needs new turret model)

B1 > B2 (was done last patch, turret.. basically it)

CGC > Conquerer (tracks and body done, just needs arty box on back, gun made HD)

the little T3/T5 SU's are already part done in the german tree for their mediums/TD's.. (same as above, just TD gun mount added above turret location)


 

so all the choices they made for HD, are just because half the model is already done previously and its a logical choice, the E50M would take an entire new model, they cant re-use parts off other tanks, so naturally, its going to take longer to see it in HD


 

just my 2 cents....

 

I don't know exactly when and where, but I'm sure devs have said at some point that HD re-modeling does not work that way. Even when the tanks are similar they can't just copy paste the models and actually have to re-model every single tank from scratch. That's why some tanks that are so similar with HD ones are not HD themselves yet. (some Chinese meds for example)

crnakoza #17 Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:28 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 49514 battles
  • 1,754
  • Member since:
    11-03-2014

View PostThe_ELiT3, on 18 November 2016 - 09:13 PM, said:

I don't know exactly when and where, but I'm sure devs have said at some point that HD re-modeling does not work that way. Even when the tanks are similar they can't just copy paste the models and actually have to re-model every single tank from scratch. That's why some tanks that are so similar with HD ones are not HD themselves yet. (some Chinese meds for example)

 

He actually has a point. You took the whole copy/paste thing a bit too literally. Modeling itself of any of the WoT meshes is not too complicated, nor time consuming, most of the time is spent on getting it right, accurate dimensions, historical research. Then comes the balancing thingy where the devs rethink the thickness of various points of armor.

 

So for certain tanks detailed research has already been performed, and that makes it faster to remodel all their variants.

 

There is also an aspect that WG might not be doing those models themselves. I've read somewhere that this job is outsourced to third parties, and I'm willing to bet that these guys have sh1tload of all kinds of models prepared already, but wargaming is slowly checking them and then introducing them piecemeal.



Dark_Cloud #18 Posted 19 November 2016 - 08:02 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13109 battles
  • 206
  • [SPL1] SPL1
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

Arty is bad. To the point of manly tears almost. My Vk45 crew cries blood because of them.

Bots are bad. They can singlehandedly shift the game for the worse just by existing.

But different departments do different crap, and we don't want nothing rushed like EA does.

So can we be happy that we now will get the KV-2, which has long been cried for?

 

And more importantly can we not be that guy in the chat who claims the match is lost before the 15 minute counter eats a second of it?



malachi6 #19 Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:51 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 43636 battles
  • 2,063
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
I know for the HD tanks they make extremely high poly models now, that they down scale for in-game. I assume that takes some time.  But means further HD remakes will be faster.

Edited by malachi6, 19 November 2016 - 09:57 AM.


jkleconquerant #20 Posted 20 November 2016 - 05:18 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 4241 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    05-16-2012

Hi,

I am thinking about buying a 7.1 surround headset and I would like to know if this headset would be granted with your new 7.1 sound feature. So please could you check if a 7.1 headset would match or is the new 7.1 sound feature concerns only normal speakers ?

Thanks you in advance,
Jkleconquerant

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users