Jump to content


Challenger Rumble: the Conclusion


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:33 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 20,948
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Find out who triumphed in New York and which two teams will be going to Moscow for the Champions Rumble!

Full news text

Guziec87 #2 Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:01 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16805 battles
  • 136
  • [FLOG] FLOG
  • Member since:
    06-09-2011

Sorry to say guys, but it was an utterly lame event.
Two main reasons:

  • delays from the beginning not filled by anything
  • no stream from the backstage
There was the situation that Ding was getting ready for their game endlessly while Kazna was plaing EL Gaming on the backstage. It was a rematch for the 2015 Grand Finals semi that even my girlfriend remembers although she does not care at all about WG e-sports nor WoT at all and only watches some tournaments with me occassionally when there is nothing better for her to do. And what? No chance to see such game and instead there are two casters forced to talk in more and more pain while we are watching their fed up faces or bunch of players and stuff "getting ready" for ages. And you think anybody is going to watch that? For a chance to get tier VII fun to play but still only tier VII tank? Tell you what, even if you were giving Type 59 with the crew on 10th perk then hardly anybody would be encouraged.

Separate thing is why that "preparations" were taking so long? Sorry, but 15 years ago me and a few of my colleagues from school were able to set up a LAN party quicker than that!
And why cannot you feel that time with recordings from other matches or the general WoT related stuff like what is coming in the next patch?

Edited by Guziec87, 21 November 2016 - 03:05 PM.


M56S #3 Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:13 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 6120 battles
  • 101
  • Member since:
    05-22-2013

View PostGuziec87, on 21 November 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

Sorry to say guys, but it was an utterly lame event.
Two main reasons:

  • delays from the beginning not filled by anything
  • no stream from the backstage
There was the situation that Ding was getting ready for their game endlessly while Kazna was plaing EL Gaming on the backstage. It was a rematch for the 2015 Grand Finals semi that even my girlfriend remembers although she does not care at all about WG e-sports nor WoT at all and only watches some tournaments with me occassionally when there is nothing better for her to do. And what? No chance to see such game and instead there are two casters forced to talk in more and more pain while we are watching their fed up faces or bunch of players and stuff "getting ready" for ages. And you think anybody is going to watch that? For a chance to get tier VII fun to play but still only tier VII tank? Tell you what, even if you were giving Type 59 with the crew on 10th perk then hardly anybody would be encouraged.

Separate thing is why that "preparations" were taking so long? Sorry, but 15 years ago me and a few of my colleagues from school were able to set up a LAN party quicker than that!
And why cannot you feel that time with recordings from other matches or the general WoT related stuff like what is coming in the next patch?

^

+1 i grew cattarachs waiting for something to happen in between the pregnant pauses of 2 casters rehashing the same question 5 times over.



Laatikkomafia #4 Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:47 PM

    Colonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 20386 battles
  • 3,954
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P
  • Member since:
    12-27-2010
Can't be bother with WoT "eSports". Although WoT is a skill-based game, there is too much RNG for it to be an eSport. Besides, watching only a few meta tanks being played gets boring.

TheDeadZone_ #5 Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:12 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 23889 battles
  • 346
  • Member since:
    10-13-2011

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 21 November 2016 - 03:47 PM, said:

Can't be bother with WoT "eSports". Although WoT is a skill-based game, there is too much RNG for it to be an eSport. Besides, watching only a few meta tanks being played gets boring.

 

There is no 'meta tanks', an avg of 50 different tanks was used in the last 2 seasons of the WGL.

Burty61 #6 Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:47 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11594 battles
  • 697
  • Member since:
    04-28-2013

View PostTheDeadZone_, on 21 November 2016 - 05:12 PM, said:

 

There is no 'meta tanks', an avg of 50 different tanks was used in the last 2 seasons of the WGL.

 

50 different tanks - and still it's boring.

Laatikkomafia #7 Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:59 PM

    Colonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 20386 battles
  • 3,954
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P
  • Member since:
    12-27-2010

Well, soon there will be 50 tier 8 IS-variants..

 

And "there are no meta tanks".. LUL.


Edited by Laatikkomafia, 21 November 2016 - 06:05 PM.


GoHard_ANIALLATOR #8 Posted 22 November 2016 - 12:13 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 33458 battles
  • 809
  • [INC] INC
  • Member since:
    08-04-2011

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 21 November 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

Well, soon there will be 50 tier 8 IS-variants..

 

And "there are no meta tanks".. LUL.

 

Theres about 4 guns used in CS GO the whole time but nobody has a problem there. Wot has a large variety of options of tanks in the 7/68 format. Certain tanks fill specific roles and this is why you will see them picked for specific purposes to fit in line with how the team wants to play the map. The meta constantly changes and stuff that worked 6 weeks ago is now obsolete. This keep it fresh. So no there are no meta tanks, only meta strats and ways of playing the maps.

Laatikkomafia #9 Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:23 AM

    Colonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 20386 battles
  • 3,954
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P
  • Member since:
    12-27-2010

View PostGoHard_ANIALLATOR, on 22 November 2016 - 01:13 AM, said:

 

Theres about 4 guns used in CS GO the whole time but nobody has a problem there. Wot has a large variety of options of tanks in the 7/68 format. Certain tanks fill specific roles and this is why you will see them picked for specific purposes to fit in line with how the team wants to play the map. The meta constantly changes and stuff that worked 6 weeks ago is now obsolete. This keep it fresh. So no there are no meta tanks, only meta strats and ways of playing the maps.

 

Unlike WoT tanks, CSGO balanced guns on their costs. Weapons like the AWP cost more than the Bizon. Players need to save their weapons and to have "spare runs". If you play well, you deserve to keep the better guns.

So you are saying that IS-3s, Lütwüts and Bulldogs have become obsolete all of a sudden? I bet in the next tournament pros will pick their KV-5s, Panthers and Löwes! T28 Prots will be massively wanted as well!

Edited by Laatikkomafia, 22 November 2016 - 04:24 AM.


DosMetros #10 Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:08 AM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 24068 battles
  • 223
  • Member since:
    12-01-2010

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 22 November 2016 - 03:23 AM, said:

 

So you are saying that IS-3s, Lütwüts and Bulldogs have become obsolete all of a sudden? I bet in the next tournament pros will pick their KV-5s, Panthers and Löwes! T28 Prots will be massively wanted as well!

 

large variety of options of tanks in the 7/68 format

 

Now repeat this in your head a few times, then re-read your sentence. When you come to realize what's going on here, feel free to come back and admit that you

1. Were wrong 

2. Have no idea what you're talking about

3. Simply don't like watching people better than you play this game

 

Your reply will of course be redundant as all three points are already known to anybody reading this thread.



Burty61 #11 Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:52 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11594 battles
  • 697
  • Member since:
    04-28-2013

View PostDosMetros, on 23 November 2016 - 12:08 AM, said:

 

large variety of options of tanks in the 7/68 format

 

Now repeat this in your head a few times, then re-read your sentence. When you come to realize what's going on here, feel free to come back and admit that you

1. Were wrong 

2. Have no idea what you're talking about

3. Simply don't like watching people better than you play this game

 

Your reply will of course be redundant as all three points are already known to anybody reading this thread.

 

Your reply is more boring than e-sports, and that's saying something.

ZorzDePaloma #12 Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:42 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 35473 battles
  • 188
  • [DBWS] DBWS
  • Member since:
    04-02-2013

What was a big problem (at least for me) is that stream camera was useless. Situation where two teams are getting closer and closer, and as soon as they started trading shots, camera moves away on the other part of the map where nothing happens...

 

Also, switching too fast between tanks is not very helpful, at some point you don't know what are you looking at anymore.

 

Long time waiting between rounds also... Come on guys, at least for semi-finals and finals you should do better...






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users