LT 15 help from a LT noob.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Eckos #1 Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16739 battles
  • [AEONS] AEONS
I'm trying rather hard to complete LT 15 for the second campaign, i've come close at around 4900 dmg done and spotting etc, and i will admit i'm not great at Light tank warfare or even close to being a decent player. I find light tanks rather hard to master but at the same time i do like being hidden and causing assisted damage :D but just not very good at it.

Has the community (even thought i know it can be toxic, any advice) because i'd rather trying to complete it as a LT than the SPG missions.

i use the prem tier 8 german M41 90 with sixth sense, camo, camo, camo 2nd skill not opened, along with Bions, med tank gun rammer and camo net.

And AMX 13 75 (recently achieved) with vents, camo and binos with a crew of sixth sens and camo at about 95% on both.

I just find whilst hidden and not shooting team mates ofc don't target the spotted tanks etc, which is luck of the draw. but when close to the target the last few dmg etc is lacking.
Any tips or tricks which can help a light tank noob?

faetont #2 Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 45101 battles

Simply, wait for Prokhorovka or Malinovka. Although other maps can be fine, I think I finished this mission on Siegrfied line with tier V german light.

This is one good example from me:

http://wotreplays.co...z_m_41_90_mm_gf

You don't need camo net, use optics or binocs. I don't even use binocs, vents, optics and rammer on M41, Vstab, optics and rammer on Ru-251. Combine active and passive play, if I remember my replay has examples of both, in the first half I play passive scouting, in the second part I took active role.

And that's it, it should not be that hard. In RU-251 and M41 90 I often do more than 5000 spotting damage. Now I have problems with mission for T55A where I have to spot and damage 3 SPG-s :-|

Edited by faetont, 28 November 2016 - 10:10 AM.

Ragnaguard #3 Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 55119 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

when u  hunt a mission, ALWAYS and in every match u go (especially the ones that depends highly on ur spotting abilities) , invite 2 persons that u think they will shoot what u spot or will communicate with u! (ex. in fiery salient , getting platooned with 2 arties and coordinating ur moves will give u a great potential of achieving a lot of spotting dmg , just by knowing where they r aimed and when to pop from a ridge  to spot )!!! Normally any td-arty and some meds that r secondliners (e.g. leo) with a normall player behind it should be ok! 

Sounds a bit crazy, but platooning (even with random players) increases the possibility to get that extra bit (cause they will hit what u indicate , or cause u will know where they aim and coordinate ur scouting actions there)!! 

Good luck buddy!

Edited by Ragnaguard, 28 November 2016 - 10:21 AM.

Ragnaguard #4 Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 55119 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

View Postfaetont, on 28 November 2016 - 11:10 AM, said:

Now I have problems with mission for T55A where I have to spot and damage 3 SPG-s :-|

u need a fast autoloader (t71 or walker bulldog or 1375) , and if u spot a team with more than 3 arties wait a bit for the gap in enemy lines, and when u have the intel of where is everybody, go even suicide rush when u spot the gap! u do not care to die in this misison if i remember correctly, just spot and dmg 3 of them! 

tnk_x5000 #5 Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29128 battles

View PostRagnaguard, on 28 November 2016 - 10:25 AM, said:

u need a fast autoloader (t71 or walker bulldog or 1375) , and if u spot a team with more than 3 arties wait a bit for the gap in enemy lines, and when u have the intel of where is everybody, go even suicide rush when u spot the gap! u do not care to die in this misison if i remember correctly, just spot and dmg 3 of them! 

Naw, you just need Malinovka, campers and not very careful enemy. I did my mission on Malinovka with the Ru 251.

Vorkorsigan #6 Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:07 PM

Major

• Player
  • 46416 battles

View Postfaetont, on 28 November 2016 - 10:10 AM, said:

Simply, wait for Prokhorovka or Malinovka. Although other maps can be fine, I think I finished this mission on Siegrfied line with tier V german light.

This is one good example from me:

http://wotreplays.co...z_m_41_90_mm_gf

You don't need camo net, use optics or binocs. I don't even use binocs, vents, optics and rammer on M41, Vstab, optics and rammer on Ru-251. Combine active and passive play, if I remember my replay has examples of both, in the first half I play passive scouting, in the second part I took active role.

And that's it, it should not be that hard. In RU-251 and M41 90 I often do more than 5000 spotting damage. Now I have problems with mission for T55A where I have to spot and damage 3 SPG-s :-|

The easy mode are these maps. My personal spooting record come in Lakeville, Redshire its another secondary option like Siegrfied line.  Sand River in assault mode... you have other options.

Try it on Murovanka or another open map(highway, Live Oaks, Sand River),  it's a question of timing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users