Fair Play Policy: First Actions Taken

• Please log in to reply
635 replies to this topic

fredo_k #621 Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:16 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32830 battles

View PostQuaksen, on 01 January 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

Is there something that suggested to you, that such a mod would be illegal in the first place?.. :)

It's perfectly legal to use that mod..

What is the name of the mod please? Thank you

Quaksen #622 Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:18 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24404 battles
  • [KLKMP] KLKMP

View Postfredo_k, on 02 January 2017 - 12:16 AM, said:

What is the name of the mod please? Thank you

http://forum.worldof...nger-naeurusea/

sir_alex_ice #623 Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36610 battles
There are still too many players with incredibly accurate shots, made using s* russian or chinese guns. There is no way a dodging and moving IS-3 can aim faster and hit my cupola on the AMX M4 Mle 49 than I can hit his turret weak spot.

csebal #624 Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12388 battles

View Postsir_alex_ice, on 02 January 2017 - 05:37 AM, said:

There are still too many players with incredibly accurate shots, made using s* russian or chinese guns. There is no way a dodging and moving IS-3 can aim faster and hit my cupola on the AMX M4 Mle 49 than I can hit his turret weak spot.

Fact 1: the cupola on the AMX M4 49 is a lot larger than the small top of the IS3, hitting it is easier by default. Henceforth hitting it by accident is also easier.

Fact 2: For every lucky hit you see against you, they might fire dozens of shots that go way off target. See my earlier post about how cognitive bias skews with your perception of reality.

So yes, there is a way, and it just happened.

The IS3 in your story was firing at you, because:

- in most tanks you have way more ammo than what you actually need, so why not fire continuously? you might get lucky.

- every shot you do not take is a miss by default. 

- there are times when you are advancing on a superior armored vehicle with a hard to hit weakspot and you cannot stop to aim. What do you do? Hold your fire until you get to its side? Why? You will reload anyway, by the time you get there.

- even if you have 0 chance of penetration, the opponent might not know that and you pinging him might force him to be more defensive. Advancing on someone with your guns silent will only make them bolder, giving them - rightly - the confidence that you cannot hurt them and you don't even try.

What if he got lucky? Even if he didn't, he would have forced you into a more defensive posture by simply presenting himself as a threat even during his advance, and you know what? even when not hitting your weak spot, he might have scored a critical on your gun, turret or tracks, all equally worthy of shooting while on the move.

Come to think of it, I really dislike how most people are so obsessed with their aiming circles, that they stop every time they want to take a shot. There is a life beyond aimed shots, a life when you fire even though your chances of hitting are low, but you fire nonetheless, because your gun has nothing else to do while you are moving towards the enemy. Yes.. there are cases when getting close to the enemy is a lot more important than to squeeze every last bit of accuracy out of your gun.

Edited by csebal, 02 January 2017 - 02:45 PM.

rikkieb #625 Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13511 battles
  • [GEN] GEN

View Postsir_alex_ice, on 02 January 2017 - 06:37 AM, said:

Please tell me which mods makes the guns more accurate?

Complaining about weakspot hits with inaccurate guns just tells more about yourself then about the other player.

If you complain that they are always ammoracking you or about incredible quick aiming (reaction) time, I can understand, these things can look suspicious.

But how do you know he/she is a cheater? In the end it could also be a very good player that knows what he is doing or someone that is very lucky. 

Edited by rikkieb, 02 January 2017 - 03:30 PM.

Dis4ster #626 Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 28746 battles

View Postrikkieb, on 02 January 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

Please tell me which mods makes the guns more accurate?

Complaining about weakspot hits with inaccurate guns just tells more about yourself then about the other player.

If you complain that they are always ammoracking you or about incredible quick aiming (reaction) time, I can understand, these things can look suspicious.

But how do you know he/she is a cheater? In the end it could also be a very good player that knows what he is doing or someone that is very lucky. 

I can tell you which Mod makes guns inaccurate or at least increases RNG by 200% its the "Sniper Zoom Mod". Most guns accurate or inaccurate are best used in x4-x8 zoom if you zoom further(for me x16+) in its really like the RNG goes crazy the shot never goes even close to the middle of the reticle. Maybe its just me but since i stopped going further beyond x12 zoom level i hit most of the time my targets.

m1x_angelico #627 Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24194 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

Want proof of mega cheating in game?

Just do simple tests:

1. Use a spotter to spot enemy team while the spotter remains unspotted. Then, use another teammate to brake a few trees and fences on their flank, without them being able to see it directly. If you see them turning their cupolas immediately, it is clear what they have.

or

2. Use a LT to do a fast sweep spot, but before you do that and become visible for a second, break some tree. As soon as you pop-up as visible, you usually get few shots in cupola. As you are driving 60+ km/h, I find it very hard to believe someone knew where you will pop-up for 3 seconds and hit you on a brief high speed sweep.

or

3. Follow a teammate in random. You will see that from time to time, a teammate suddenly decides to change a position or where he is aiming, even though nothing has been spotted there, only to have a enemy tank appear there a few seconds later.

People still massively use autoaim, redball and broken destructibles (probably some others which are not easy to spot). That much is obvious.

99% people will not bother to submit tickets with replays, because it's not their job to chase cheaters. You may disagree with this, but that is how to cookie crumbles.

And just to be clear, I do know that there are good players ingame and sometimes people also get a lucky shot, but few such shots are luck, while few such shoots and suspicious behavior in each game is a pattern. 

Of course, knowing that there are cheats, can help you counter it: don't break objects (broken destructibles), don't play arty or change position after each shot (red ball), use fast evasive maneuvers when driving lights and use short and sudden move forward/backwards moves when playing other tanks (autoaim), when behind a house or rock don't be the one to peek (x-ray, lasers). Hope this helps.

WhosNachos #628 Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25458 battles

Follow the milking Cow Logo

Edited by Kane_Phoenix, 04 January 2017 - 04:19 AM.

Rodo72 #629 Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28027 battles
  • [SALE] SALE
cI shot him in the [edited] has an ally, they banned me for 1 week

Pauleng #630 Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 40729 battles
  • [CRY2] CRY2

View PostPauleng, on 26 December 2016 - 07:50 AM, said:

Yes, you are correct , of course,there are some awesome players out there.

However you should only encounter a very few such players, not every other game.

It's like the 'impossible' shots, sometimes it happens (I still remember ricochetingoff a Black Prince and ammo-racking a Matilda - I'm sure he thought I was cheating too) but again, you now see it every day.

I used to get Ace Tanker on one of my tanks every couple of weeks - not had one for a few months now, with the exception of just after the Fair Play announcement when I had 3.

It just all adds up to a less satisfying game for many players which means they move on - further reducing the game.

And now with wave 2 bans, first Ace Tanker again!

Homer_J #631 Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31679 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPauleng, on 07 January 2017 - 12:54 PM, said:

And now with wave 2 bans, first Ace Tanker again!

Considering the bans are a day old and ace tanker is based on scores over the last seven days it's too soon for them to have had any effect.

Vimorain #632 Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5238 battles

View PostCommunity, on 29 November 2016 - 02:00 PM, said:

Starting today, we will ban accounts caught using illegal modifications.
<a href="http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/46/first-ban-wave/">Full news text</a>

please link list or something ,how do i find out which mods are ok and which blacklisted ?

CmdRatScabies #633 Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38475 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postvimorain, on 17 January 2017 - 06:30 PM, said:

please link list or something ,how do i find out which mods are ok and which blacklisted ?

You should be okay with anything you get via this forum http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/forum/2686-mods/

Avoid any non WG web sites.

Baldrickk #634 Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32140 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 17 January 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

You should be okay with anything you get via this forum http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/forum/2686-mods/

Avoid any non WG web sites.

There are reputable mod sites, but they typically get their mods off the forumthemselves. (Remember that there are multiple regions and mod authors won't nessesarilly put their mods on all the forums).

Also note that there is nothing stooping someone from putting a banned mod on the forums either.  I wouldn't be surprised if some troll posted what only appeared to be a benign mod with a banned mod hidden in it to try and get people banned :(  haven't heard of third happening, but... be careful. 

CmdRatScabies #635 Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:33 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38475 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBaldrickk, on 17 January 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

There are reputable mod sites, but they typically get their mods off the forumthemselves. (Remember that there are multiple regions and mod authors won't nessesarilly put their mods on all the forums).

Also note that there is nothing stooping someone from putting a banned mod on the forums either.  I wouldn't be surprised if some troll posted what only appeared to be a benign mod with a banned mod hidden in it to try and get people banned :(  haven't heard of third happening, but... be careful.

Personally I wouldn't get a mod except from the forum - why take the risk?

At the start of the Fair Play policy WG undertook to examine all the mods promoted via the forum & remove any that didn't comply - buried in the FPP thread I'd imagine.

JozsiTank #636 Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16397 battles
  • [SSQ-J] SSQ-J
BASSZÁTOK MEG AZ RNG-T ÉS MATCHMAKING-ET

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users