Blue name after 1 accidental teamkill WTF!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

Oberst_Hans_Von_Grobel #1 Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
Hello,

I was playing in random battle and shot a bullet at enemy but teammate drives infront of enemy so i accidental shoot teammate and he dies
Now i got a blue name after only 1 accidental teamkill WTF

I thought you get blue name for multipal teamkills bu 1 accidental teamkill and a blue name :\

elektrizikekswerk #2 Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
If your "victim" was inside a cap circle you become insta-blue.

RelicShadow #3 Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Punishment from teamkills within the cap circle is increased exponentially.
A single kill in such a situation can turn you blue.

1.2 The Degree of Responsibility

The following indicators increase the degree of responsibility:
  • On one’s own base: damaging the player who happened to be on the team’s base
  • On enemy’s base: damaging the player who happened to be on the enemy’s base
*The degree of responsibility increases seriously in case of relapse.

EDIT: ninja'd

Oberst_Hans_Von_Grobel #4 Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
O ok yes he was inside our own cap circle :|

SastusBulbas #5 Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I thought only your name went blue 1st after such an incident or two kills? Then after three your tank goes blue?

I can't remember the rules but I have had only my name in blue (not the tank or in battle) once in the garage only while on the Russian test server, after either one or two accidental TK's, caused by others driving in front of me while I WAS SNIPING and I may have defended myself against one of those usual Russian team killers that the test server is full of (Two TK RU IS-3 mates against my EU Type-59) as I was wanting to fight in that battle with reasonable HP. It went away after a few battles.

If your blue, take out a low tier tank for many random battles and put up with your team killing you as you make an effort ONLY to shoot enemy tanks. The more clean battles you play the quicker your colour may get resolved.

Edit,

Yesterday, in one battle I damaged a team mate who drove in front of tanks we were sniping at and damaged him, and another I TK'd a team mate arty who for some reason decided to drive in front on my Marder which was on the ridge at El Haluf, I was sniping at a medium in the village as he drove in front of me, I took him from full hp to dead in one shot, and was - credits due to the fine he caused.

Had to put up with getting called a team killer all battle, and was worried about going blue myself, as this games friendly fire system is so poorly developed players can be turned blue and punished for accidental team kills.

FireflyDivision #6 Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:04 PM

• 0 battles
It should disappear soon.

Killatomate #7 Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
an arty teamattacked me in the first seconds of the game, damaged all my modules.
i fired ONE SHELL back at him, my name turned blue for 26 hours.
WORKING AS INTENDED.

D00dDk #8 Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostKillatomate, on 08 October 2011 - 02:29 PM, said:

an arty teamattacked me in the first seconds of the game, damaged all my modules.
i fired ONE SHELL back at him, my name turned blue for 26 hours.
WORKING AS INTENDED.

his might have been an accident, yours was on purpose - sounds like you got what you deserved...

ChewieJ #9 Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:15 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Here's a simple answer to avoid going blue and team killing, don't muck about firing your gun needlessly (like a whole bunch of twats people do) before you have even left the spawn point.

That way there's no chance of you *accidentally* killing a team mate.

Which unless your driving something with a lot of power (tier 7 and above), and you shoot something poorly armoured (Tier 1 - Tier 3,  light / medium or Tier 1-2 SPG / Arty) there isn't not much chance of accidentally killing someone.

There's no need for *test firing*, so why do it?

problem solved.

Still, at least its only for 1 day, so easy to live with.

ps, I know OP didn't do it, but for those that do, pls don't do it

TzavaLunga #10 Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:32 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostD00dDk, on 08 October 2011 - 04:46 PM, said:

his might have been an accident, yours was on purpose - sounds like you got what you deserved...

And how can you tell that ? Or maybe i should ask, how can you imagine that the game knows wich one was a mistake shot ? Since you do get punished for shooting a team mate, by mistake or not.

I think you're an obvious troll.

BrusilovX #11 Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Well, it is possible that the player fired on you by accident (it does happen).  The best thing to do is to move away - if they fire at you again just go further away.  This isn't always the first thing that comes to mind but I once got a 3 day ban during the beta from the game for doing this (two of the three days were during the 3 days of 5x exp for every battle).....

If you retaliate and do damage then there is a chance that over time you will accumulate enough points to turn blue - which then makes you a free target for your team mates in future games.  When I see blue players I will only fire on them if they have fired at a team mate - otherwise they may contribute to your team's win (which we all want).

You probably will do some 'friendly fire' while you play WoT by accident - players moving in front of you as you fire etc.

I personally fiind players that fire numerous times as they drive away a bit of a concern.  You never know if they are going to hit someone by accident or if they are a team killer with a bad aim......

ChewieJ #12 Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:37 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
moving away doesn't always help, especially if you've warned someone off for something.

I can recall a game where I was in my T18 (us server) and a Marder II (I think) rammed me after deliberately firing in front of me.

I shot across the front of him, and I told him to watch where he was going or he was likely to get shot (I cant be responsible if someone roles in front of me while I'm in sniper mode, no one can when that happens, and he'd run into me while i was stationary in sniper mode. In fact It happened just the other day, Fired a 105 at a PZ4, only to have a friendly roll out from a rock and my shot hit him instead)

After that, He was constantly in my face and distracting me trying to get in my line of fire. He died first, but not from me I'm glad to say.

Accidental shots do happen, people just need to apologise when they do it, and those who were shot need to accept it as an accident and move on to the next game (if the shot killed them).